• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament! Buena Park CA

Nashun

Smash Ace
I'm 3-0 with Blitz in tourney.

<3 Blitz, sorry dude, random low tier characters are too good against you.

Nick L is a random Fox that I choked on.

Johnjohnjohn.

But really, rainbow cruise on random is seriously messed up.

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Glad you guys enjoyed. Sorry we didn't keep the store open longer for some friendlies, but we were ready to go home after that. We honestly didn't expect or prepare for 83 people...I was expecting maybe 40-50 max. It was crowded pretty much the whole tournament, and I told you guys that there wouldn't be room for chairs. haha. Sorry you guys had to endure the standing.

About the name issue, some of you guys need to write more legibly... I think Eric B actually signed his name with a doctor's signature rather than writing it out....took me a while for that, and AsianChefii, I went by the sheets, and "Asia" was written on there, so that's how it was put. lol. Sorry dude, make sure you write it next time.

Overall huge turn out, and the owner wanted to be stingy and keep the prizes the way they were, but I convinced him otherwise. I was shooting for a DS as second place and Brawl as 3rd, but he had to pay staff for the extra hours we put in for the tournament, plus we opened a few new copies of smash to meet the strain for T.V.s.

Congrats to DSF, AsianChefii and Mr. P Body. As soon as I heard from Glen that DSF would be coming, I figured the game was over then and there... I'll inform you guys in this thread with the next Smash tournament we have.

-Icon.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
the name came from doug
the beetz are too good
wish i could change my name on the boards tho
killer tofu sounds lame

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm Colobong, and my friend is Nick L, we've only recently started going to tournaments... Pretty decent right?

****, that was the worst on rainbow cruise vs aznchef...

Cancels two bad stages just to get to rainbow cruise...

GreenxKing

Smash Rookie
yeee im that scrub Nick L. yea nashun that was a gewd match n all ;0 but dam jet x i had you but choked good game sir you rock

aesthetics

Smash Rookie
hi everyone i was Josh Maker at the tournament, if u dont remember the name i was the only pikachu player there. i got 13th . i ran into dsf and conner :/ hopefully theres more tournaments around. iaestheticsi is my screen name if you want to contact me! thanks

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
7th: Gabe
7th: Tofu
9th: Me (Colobong)
9th: Greenxking (Nick L.)
9th: Nashun
9th: Hero

We have to start going to more tournaments...

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
My friend lost to Gabe in the first round and i lost to Nick L like in the 6th or something = (

we had a crapload of fun tho. It was so much fun to knock people out when i was in the losers bracket.

aesthetics - Were you tho pikachu that got falcon punched? that was the best moment in the tourney. that was effing awesome. well not for you anyway tehehe. sorry about that. but that guy did have a pretty **** good pikachu. was that you?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Gabe, we needa rematch sometime, we were so even! sorry I had to go Falco and somewhat chain grab you. =/

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Im so lucky i beat your marth, there were like 4 suicides that set...

Maybe i should start entering my name as church so people know who I am...

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
who here is Gabe?

that yoshi was incredible.

I was busy with my own match so i didn't get to see

who sent Gabe to the losers bracket?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Im so lucky i beat your marth, there were like 4 suicides that set...

Maybe i should start entering my name as church so people know who I am...
my Marth was completely off that day...I was going to go Fox but was too stubborn

aesthetics

Smash Rookie
red - ugh sadly that was me that got falcon punched. tried to avoid it but sometimes u cant. thanks for reminding me! haha thanks for commenting my pika. hopefully i can play more around here

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
red - ugh sadly that was me that got falcon punched. tried to avoid it but sometimes u cant. thanks for reminding me! haha thanks for commenting my pika. hopefully i can play more around here
hey, you're that pikachu that I played! Dude, you're awesome, but I've had pikachu practice before, sorry! Your Pikachu was really good, but you should try less dsmash :)

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
So Alex took my Wii huh? *sighs*
I told Alex to sell it to you cuzz you couldn't find one. But then Clare was like, "you can find it any where, just places where it looks like people can't afford one" . . . Compton! LMAO

Edit: but you can get one from David. He can get it for $140 anywhere.

Lit

Smash Ace
yeah i can i mean,
I know places
And also this tourney would of been much better if i orginaly enterened in the first place. If it wasnt for alex i would of never of played at all.

aesthetics

Smash Rookie
thanks c0nn0r. ill try that in practice. your sheik is good too! congrats on getting 5th out of 83. thats really good!! i hope to go to some of your tournaments and play with you all more!

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
what happened? You chickened out on our money match, you would've lost anyways :laugh:
O.o unfortutunatley, our ride (aka my dad) bailed out on us last minute.. the stupid head made other plans.. grr.. but i guess if you got 5th, and Kevin can't beat you, and i'm just as good as Kev... i guess it saved me $10 XD.. but dayum.. w/ 83 people that place musta smelled so bad XD

Top Bottom