• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Tournament! Buena Park CA

Ninja Monkey

Smash Rookie
Heeeey my friend also owns a PlayNTrade. This one is in San Jose and hes also running a tourney for smash. He told me to post the rules and stuff on this board to get the word out for more people, and like you, our rules are a bit non traditional. So far my topic is getting disapproving responses =P. Good luck with your tourney sir!

LuCKy

Smash Master
wow wii are being given away now lol i remember when they were like impossible to find

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Thanks Ninja Monkey, good luck to you guys as well!

Lucky, they still are impossible to find. haha. It's just that for this tournament, we're holding one and not selling it. We do need a certain amount of people though otherwise the prize will most likely change to pool, but I don't think that'll be a problem this tournament with a Wii on the line. haha.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
3 times? out of what? haha :laugh:

I'm excited!.. i'm pretty sure i can come to this tourny =).. :dizzy: still don't think i'm gonna wii, but heck.. it's worth a try right XD
Out of like 20 matches....lol
I will put up some of them soon in the video section.
Btw kevin, pm me or something about the videos you got, and maybe you could send them to me and we could combine them.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
alright. sure but in the set i beat u 3 out of 5.. lol wtvr haha
which set???
You beat me with your sheik once, and your falco i think once or twice.....
do you mean the first set?
Btw loading the videos on my comp now!

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I'll see if I can win, I might just go shiek on stryder, my shiek is teh gayness. I just hope no one pro shows up and stuff. I wanna sell that Wii!! or atleast get brawl

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
well, right now, for time's sake, we're sticking with Single Elimination. I mean, besides running this tournament, we'll be running a game store as well, so we're trying to get a happy medium with this.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Double Elimination consumes alot of time. I think you guys should wait until the day of, and depending on how many people join, decide whether it will be single or double elimination.

If there are more than 40, you should make it single. Anything under 40 and double elimination will probably be fine. Those are my thoughts anyways.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I was about to say I was going to go ... but if it's single elimination for a WII, then I might be thinking twice. Double elimination, and it's all good. Or, I might head to another PNT that's doing double elim.

This needs to be figured out WAY BEFORE the tournament, not the day of.

--GCII

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I say double elimination since the stakes are so high and that the entry fee is $10...Aznforce, sure, I'll MM you

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm trying to get word of this Madden tournament that's supposed to happen next week in El Segundo. If it is not happening, then I will be attending this tournament in its entirety.

I am also going to catch hopefully the finale of the PNT event in Tustin, so I'm hoping you guys start on time.

--GCII

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, still Single Elim for this tournament. next tournament I'll see if the owner wouldn't mind me setting up a full Double Elim tournament. We're also going to be holding a Brawl release party the night of release for those who are interested. Melee tournament will be held and yes, aznforce, double elimination. haha.

But The tournament is coming up quick, it's this saturday. I hope to see many of you guys there. Also, when you guys sign up, I'll be behind the counter asking for $12 instead of $10, just mention you're from Smashboards and you'll get the $10 price. (Sorry for that little inconvenience, but the owner charges more the day of because running the store and registering people at last minute becomes a pain, and makes things more hectic when preparing to start the tournament. So you guys will still get the $10 price, I talked to him about it, just mention Smash boards)

The Game II

Smash Champion
The PNT in Tustin isn't open yet, so this is the only SoCal tourney giving away a Wii.

Man, good luck to everyone competing. I'm trying to think of the last single-elim tournament with so much at stake. For me, it was probably Monterey Bay Thunder 6, but that was DDR.

--GCII

iconicSLEAZOID

Smash Cadet
depending on how many show, around 4-6 TVs. It should go fairly fast if all goes accordingly...

Edit:: I just talked to the owner and was telling him about the responses to the Single Elim style, and how many more people would come otherwise. He changed his mind fairly quick...lol.

GOOD NEWS. TOURNAMENT TO BE DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

...that is all.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
depending on how many show, around 4-6 TVs. It should go fairly fast if all goes accordingly...

Edit:: I just talked to the owner and was telling him about the responses to the Single Elim style, and how many more people would come otherwise. He changed his mind fairly quick...lol.

GOOD NEWS. TOURNAMENT TO BE DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

...that is all.

YAY! that's great news! Totally psyched even more ^.^

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm probably not entering anymore, but one quick question, are spectators allowed to play friendlies?

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
im enterin but connor y wont u be enterin anymore O.o??? u CULD win a wii O.O stakes r hi and players r good but i think i culd still win >_> lol xP

Top Bottom