• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Netplay Community Build - 0.2.0 released!

Are you interested in a Melee Netplay Community Build?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 1,042 97.2%
  • No, I'm not

Votes: 30 2.8%

• Total voters

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Okay im really confused. I download the file onto my computer. then i attempt to extract it using winrar then winrar tells me that the file is corrupt. Any help would be amazing
I did all of this fine using FilZip. Uninstall WinRAR and download and install FilZip, no more pop up windows everytime you try to extract anything and it associates itself with a lot of extractable file extensions.

Download Link for PC (just go to the download link for 3.06): http://www.filzip.com/en/index.html

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
@ Myougi Myougi I found one bug. When I win a match with any character and then I press start to go to css, the menu music gets interrupted by a very crackly, static victory theme music of the character I won the match with.

A way I found my way around this bug though is just waiting until the victory theme has fully completed. When the victory theme is completely done playing, the menu music is fine. I just tend to mash the start button because I hate the results screen.

Just thought you should know. I am playing on a wii, loading my USB through USB Loader GX with Dios Mios.

I freaking love this! You did a great job Myougi! The thing that I love the most is the new legal stages! Keep up the amazing work you have demonstrated thus far!

Kati

Smash Lord
Looking to get this working for my console. Can I use my 20xx iso? so far xdelta is giving me this error message: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: xd3_invalid_input."

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Im having the same issue and this did not help at all. Still causing the same problems...

EDIT: Seems like it will only load the stages and match if my menu song completley crashes.
EDIT2: Just got the biggest jumpscare of my life...turns out it just takes about 2 minutes for it to load...
I formatted my usb like this to load mncb2.0 on my USB using Dios Mios:

1. Ran cmd.exe
2. typed "DiskPart"
3. "List Disk"
4. for this part, you need to find out which disk is your USB's disk. Make 100% sure it's the USB disk. Let's say the USB disk is disk 1. I would say "Select Disk 1"
5. "List Partition"
6. "Clean"
7. "Create Partition Primary"
8. "List partition"
9. "Select partition 1"
10. "Format FS=FAT32 Unit=32k quick"
11. THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP EVER "Active"

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Looking to get this working for my console. Can I use my 20xx iso? so far xdelta is giving me this error message: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: xd3_invalid_input."
No, you must use a Vanilla 1.02 Melee ISO for this to work.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
@ Myougi Myougi I found one bug. When I win a match with any character and then I press start to go to css, the menu music gets interrupted by a very crackly, static victory theme music of the character I won the match with.

A way I found my way around this bug though is just waiting until the victory theme has fully completed. When the victory theme is completely done playing, the menu music is fine. I just tend to mash the start button because I hate the results screen.

Just thought you should know. I am playing on a wii, loading my USB through USB Loader GX with Dios Mios.

I freaking love this! You did a great job Myougi! The thing that I love the most is the new legal stages! Keep up the amazing work you have demonstrated thus far!
Try defragmenting your sd card and messing with your DIOS-MIOS settings. Something similar happened to one of my friends while playtesting. I believe this is a console-specific issue, and if it is, I'm not sure I can find a reliable fix other than to replace the main menu's music with something directly from Melee. (All Star Rest Area, anyone? :p)

I tried to make this on my macbook air, and whenever I hit "patch", the executable stops working and closes. There is no new ISO. Why?
Try using MultiPatch. The patcher included in the main download only works for windows, sadly.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
No, you must use a Vanilla 1.02 Melee ISO for this to work.
okie dokie I made my own iso. thx!

I read that one can have this along side a vanilla copy of melee, does this also apply to consoles with 20xx?

Myougi

Last edited:

Myougi

@ Myougi Myougi Part of the reason that people where so excited for the pal version of this was because we all had the ntsc versions of melee already for netplay, and that it would allow for easy adoption of your build for netplay, now that we have found out that it will require the pal version for pal netplay its a bit more disappointing and were most likely just going to keep using ntsc/20xx with pal chars because for most of us it would require getting a pal iso.

Is there anychance for a version to be made with pal characters on the ntsc version patch?
Made a new patch for your case. This one is for Melee 1.2 ISOs to the MNCB (PAL). For those who are reading this post and don't know which patch to download, check the first post for the right links. This patch is only for people who want to patch a 1.2 NTSC Melee ISO into a MNCB PAL iso.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nv3uu2qih3pcil1/MNCB v0.2.0 - NTSC TO PAL.rar

Last edited:

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
I got everything setup for the game! The only problem is I need to know the AR Code for the "Global Melee Netplay Settings" cheat.

Can you just matchmake anyone online? Or it can be only with the people you share with friends? I'm not sure how it works... x-x"

Myougi

I got everything setup for the game! The only problem is I need to know the AR Code for the "Global Melee Netplay Settings" cheat.

Can you just matchmake anyone online? Or it can be only with the people you share with friends? I'm not sure how it works... x-x"
You don't need any AR codes/Gecko codes for the Community Build. All of the codes are injected already. :D

Kati

Smash Lord
It does, permitted you set up your SD card/USB properly.

Add .iso to the end of your filename.
hahah define properly. If my 20xx build is in the gale01 folder, where does my mncb build go?

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Try defragmenting your sd card and messing with your DIOS-MIOS settings. Something similar happened to one of my friends while playtesting. I believe this is a console-specific issue, and if it is, I'm not sure I can find a reliable fix other than to replace the main menu's music with something directly from Melee. (All Star Rest Area, anyone? :p)

Try using MultiPatch. The patcher included in the main download only works for windows, sadly.
Defragmenting the SD Card worked wonders. Thanks for the help!

Myougi

awwwwesome I'll be sure to spread this mod throughout my community! curiously enough though nintendont labeled the file as MNCE02.
The Game ID is MNCB02. That's my bad. I'm kinda brain dead right now, apparently. I guess I overdosed on hype.

09%

Smash Rookie
I keeping getting this message."xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch XD3_INVALID_INPUT" It make an iso, but it doesn't work. I've been looking forward to playing this with my friend.

Myougi

I keeping getting this message."xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch XD3_INVALID_INPUT" It make an iso, but it doesn't work. I've been looking forward to playing this with my friend.
Make sure you're using a vanilla, unmodded, Melee 1.2 iso.

I keep getting black all over the bottom of my screen on all my stages, any idea on what's wrong?
http://gyazo.com/18923d439d4562b78630e5bc05c62d51

http://gyazo.com/3c92411c054e643cf9489d2bc2f09778
Try messing with your graphics settings or rebuilding your iso. I donno what happened. :o

Last edited:

Scriptor

Smash Rookie
So I'm testing this on console right now, if there are no errors or anything of the like, I just might use this hack on the recording setup at my tourney on sunday.

Scriptor

Smash Rookie
Thanks awesome! If it's being streamed/uploaded later I'd love to watch it. :3
Sure, but expect bad english since we're swiss

EDIT:
well, unfortunately it's not happening, the PAL Setup doesn't work with some PAL TV Signals since it uses the NTSC 1.02 ISO as it's core

Last edited:

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
yo this is really cool that there's actually a PAL version, many people don't bother too ( which is why i don't use 20xx) i don't play netplay but will totally be using this on my home/stream setup from now on

Myougi

Sure, but expect bad english since we're swiss

EDIT:
well, unfortunately it's not happening, the PAL Setup doesn't work with some PAL TV Signals since it uses the NTSC 1.02 ISO as it's core
Aww darn it, that sucks. Maybe try to mess with some settings on your launcher or something? I dunno what to tell you. :c

Jonte

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for making this.

The 4:3 aspect ratio fix is worth it alone! :) Stoked that I will finally be able to use it without desyncs.

Now the only thing is to make the majority of people start using this and it will be golden.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
@ Myougi Myougi Why did you pick the xdelta patching method? It's definitely much simpler from the user side.

Could you post some of the file replacements? I am very interested in using the modified Snag the Trophies stage in my own modded ISO.

Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not very tech savvy but I recently hombrewed my Wii to get 20xx and I was wondering if you can play this on a homebrewed wii?
Absolutely. You can load it with either Dios Mios or nintendont.

Do they have video tutorial on video or must i wait for one to be uploaded?
Theres listed instructions in the download, its a very simple process. If you have any trouble you can post here and someone will try to help.

Top Bottom