• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

NNID
dansalvato
No, you just need a homebrew Wii and the Gecko OS app.

edit: Pretty sure Gecko and WiiRD are the same thing, actually. After all, I used ASMWiird to compile the code.

NNID
dansalvato
What's the difference between them? All of my codes are using Gecko codetypes and should work in Gecko OS.

edit: I looked it up, and it appears you're right. I wasn't aware that Gecko OS did not support GCN games.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Yo people still want infinite shields? I found a way for that ages ago. (sorry Ive been out at sea for a while because I'm in the Navy so I don't get to use the internet as often to keep up w/ smashboards)

Uuugh, I don't feel like crackin out the lappy but those pics I posted with offsets for the Common file is where all the shield stuff is. You'll want to give Shields a billion HP or whatever, or just make it so they recharge at a super fast rate. Pretty simple. On a separate note, I posted a pic of where the offsets are for shield Data in the common file (this works for everyone but Yoshi) so you can just zero out the part where it calculates the change in shield or whatever else and it will get rid of shield Damage.

You can also do fun stuff like Make shields HUGE ... like it covers the whole screen in a color lol, you can make it to where shielding an attack KOs you from shield knockback being ridiculous, you can make it to where shields start small and get larger.

I actually have a request for you IE, do you know where the gravity for Ice freezing is? Because I'd like to make Roy go from a fire char to an ice char but Ice moves are crap since you float and spin instead of just falling.

I modified "float SHIELD DEPLETION RATE: 0.14 to 0" and "float SHIELD REGENERATION RATE: 0.07 to 60".
These changes made shield tempostabile.
But when shield guards and is left appeared, shield gets small by degree.

What should I change to stay full shield even when shield guards?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
If I understand correctly, you're saying that the shield is fine when you're just holding it, but it loses HP and gets smaller once it gets hit? If that's the case, then you should try changing both the shield HP and regeneration rate to something much much higher, like 6000000 or an otherwise unreachable number. That should produce the desired effect.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
If I understand correctly, you're saying that the shield is fine when you're just holding it, but it loses HP and gets smaller once it gets hit? If that's the case, then you should try changing both the shield HP and regeneration rate to something much much higher, like 6000000 or an otherwise unreachable number. That should produce the desired effect.
You understood correctly.
I see, Thanks!
I'll try it.

NNID
dansalvato
Raising the rate from 0.07 to 60 is already a huge increase. I don't think that's the problem. Try making the rate 1.00.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Your idea was correct!!
I changed Shield HP MAXIMUM from 60 to 1million.
Then however many times I guard Shield Breaker, the shield looks like having no damage.
Thank you a lot.

Raising the rate from 0.07 to 60 is already a huge increase. I don't think that's the problem. Try making the rate 1.00.
The regeneration of Shield is carring out only when shield isnt being used.
So I had to stop using shield in order to regenerate shield.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I have a request for you, IE. There was a code for Brawl that made it so you could change characters in-game on the fly. Would it be possible to do this with Melee? I really need it.
I've also been trying to find a code that will give my character at least 100% damage but I can't find any working ones.

NNID
dansalvato
I wrote a "D-pad controls damage" code so you can try that.

On-the-fly character switching might be theoretically possible, but I don't know enough about the game code to make it happen. It's more easily possible in Brawl because several characters already exhibit that attribute (Samus, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Final Smashes). However, no character does this in Melee; Zelda/Sheik are loaded into memory together. It might be a requirement for the character to be fully loaded before the game begins, and so I doubt there is an existing function that could be hooked into to enable on-the-fly character switching. Such a thing could more easily be done at the expense of having to restart the match.

ShockSlayer

Smash Cadet
Speaking of loading things into the memory, any idea if it's possible to load all of a character's animations into the memory during a match? Reason I ask is I think this is why we can't swap victory pose animations with like, the taunts.

SS

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I wrote a "D-pad controls damage" code so you can try that.

On-the-fly character switching might be theoretically possible, but I don't know enough about the game code to make it happen. It's more easily possible in Brawl because several characters already exhibit that attribute (Samus, Zelda, Pokemon Trainer, Final Smashes). However, no character does this in Melee; Zelda/Sheik are loaded into memory together. It might be a requirement for the character to be fully loaded before the game begins, and so I doubt there is an existing function that could be hooked into to enable on-the-fly character switching. Such a thing could more easily be done at the expense of having to restart the match.
hype
I would like how to do that by modifying .iso .

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
1. NTSC icon size sucks, especially for team matches. So PAL codes or (even better) a code for tweaking the size / vertical pixel offset of stock icons and percent display would be really great.

+1, also if you're somehow that awesome, can you find out how the grab-release formula can be changed? Because in PAL you need a bit longer to escape grabs, since we always rely on the NTSC version we can only change the characters but not grab-release timing + the stock thing (for you guys its not an issue since you're used to it, but for me/others its actually a huge deal)

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
I tried the "Turn white during shield stun" and the game would consistently freeze when starting a match. I'm using NeoGamma to load the game/codes and have successfully loaded other codes. Has anyone else got this code working?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I also tried it, but the same occured when I use DIOS MIOS.
Neither does Shield Infinite code.
I think we can't use code which have influence to memory in the game in using USB launching of GC iso.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
can i use gecko os codes in cfg loader? (im mainly interested in testing the input delay) if so, just like ocarina codes?

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
Hi, I'm relatively new to smash and completely new to melee modding, I was wondering if there was an easy way to just install the mods. I don't know anything when it comes to ISO or anything like that, I don't even know how gecko works. If someone could explain it to me that would be great, I only need one code, and it's the Flashing on L canceling. Thanks in advance

Kadano

Magical Express
Hi, I'm relatively new to smash and completely new to melee modding, I was wondering if there was an easy way to just install the mods. I don't know anything when it comes to ISO or anything like that, I don't even know how gecko works. If someone could explain it to me that would be great, I only need one code, and it's the Flashing on L canceling. Thanks in advance
Is your Gamecube/Wii already hacked?
If you can play copies, this is probably the easiest way to apply the flash code: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-dol-mod-topic.326347/

Memory

Smash Rookie
Is there a code/Is it possible to get a cpu to mixup teching/rolling on knockdown? I'm trying to find a better way to practice tech chasing by myself.

NNID
dansalvato
Hey guys, I updated the 16:9 Widescreen code to correct the bug that caused fullscreen flash effects to not take up the entire screen. I'm pretty sure this was the only known bug, so we can call the code 100% working now. The updated code is in the OP, and as a reminder, it only works with Gecko/Wiird-enabled devices (Dolphin and softmodded Wiis).

NNID
dansalvato
Updated the "salty runback" code to use A+B instead of L+R. Now it won't conflict with the L+R+A+Start ragequit.
You can still restart the match by pressing L+R+A+B+Start. Or, hold A+B after the match ends to restart the match.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I could use IE's code on "Gecko Code" on Dolphin, but I don't know how to use on Wii console.
Should I buy "USB Gecko"? (http://shoptemp.net/products/USB-Gecko.html)
I tried Gecko OS, one of the homeblew app, but it didn't work.

Ideally speaking,
I wanna use IE's code when USB strage launching of SSBM using DIOS MIOS with applying .GCT file include Gecko Code (or mod .dol)

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

How to make .gct file of Gecko Code is the same as .gct of AR code?
I made .gct file using Ocarina Code Manager and put into "codes" folder of the SD card's root, and booted Gecko OS on Wii.
In the Options, "SD Cheats" turned on, and inserted SSBM v1.02 disc of NTSC-U.
I launched the game, but didn't work...

(by the way, after launching, I can see the logo of DIOS MIOS. DIOS MIOS interrupt something?)

NNID
dansalvato
Thanks.

How to make .gct file of Gecko Code is the same as .gct of AR code?
I made .gct file using Ocarina Code Manager and put into "codes" folder of the SD card's root, and booted Gecko OS on Wii.
In the Options, "SD Cheats" turned on, and inserted SSBM v1.02 disc of NTSC-U.
I launched the game, but didn't work...

(by the way, after launching, I can see the logo of DIOS MIOS. DIOS MIOS interrupt something?)
I recently used my code with DIOS MIOS and it worked fine. Here are some things to check:
-Make sure you are using the latest version of DIOS MIOS (v2.10)
-Make sure you are using a compatible USB loader (WiiFlow did NOT work for me. Configurable USB Loader did work)

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I've discovered the comment section on that page with this link: http://crediar.no-ip.com/dwn.php

My biggest issue is getting DIOS MIOS to even work with cfg. Any pointers/troubleshooting/links to help?
(I am faced with "devolution only accepts clean dumps".) I want to test out your codes but for some reason, Gecko on Dolphin doesn't like me and I can't figure out these other methods. :/

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I've discovered the comment section on that page with this link: http://crediar.no-ip.com/dwn.php

My biggest issue is getting DIOS MIOS to even work with cfg. Any pointers/troubleshooting/links to help?
(I am faced with "devolution only accepts clean dumps".) I want to test out your codes but for some reason, Gecko on Dolphin doesn't like me and I can't figure out these other methods. :/

Use CFGLoader v70r65. That **** does wonders.

Kou

Smash Apprentice

I appreciate your kindness <3

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Aahhh so wiiflow doesn't work eh. I've had to change loaders like 5 times in my wii hacking career.

Top Bottom