• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It should have been. Not all matches in the bracket were recorded, but they played late in the loser's bracket so there's a good chance at it. We'd need Gimr or Omni to confirm though.

All four of the last matches in loser's were recorded for sure (Chillin/Hax on down). http://challonge.com/meleefc10rmeleesinglesbracket
I'm pretty sure it was not on either stream. Was any matches that were not streamed recorded, and if so who would have them?

KishSquared

Smash Master
Yep, at this point we'll need to check with Juggleguy and see what else we have recorded. We recorded as many bracket matches as possible, so hopefully we have it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
In addition to Omnigamer's list of recorded vids, here's what I have after a first scrollthrough of the recordings:

Video 1
(various matches from my 2nd Rd pool with Axe, Drephen, Pikachad, Mojo, etc.)

Video 2
18:26 Trail vs Good Doctor
36:29 Nite vs Hax
44:26 SFAT vs Hax

Video 3
0:41 Mango vs Duck
11:06 CunningKitsune vs Shroomed

Video 4
4:37 Darkrain vs DoH
13:31 Darkrain vs Trail

Video 5
1:00 Kage vs baka4moe

Video 6
7:46 Vro vs Kage (Project M)
31:42 Axe vs Pikachad (Project M)
36:37 Darkrain vs Pikachad (Project M)

Video 7
26:45 SFAT vs Hax continuation set
33:18 Hungrybox vs Hax
1:01:43 Kels vs SFAT

Video 8
0:00 Mango vs SFAT
22:51 Darkrain vs Axe

I'll be downloading the MELEE-FC10R cover screen and uploading in the next couple days.

Also, Eclipsing Binary recorded a ton of stuff at the side setup to the right of the stage. Let's check with him too.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I know this depersonalizes it a bit, but these are my thoughts on the matter. I understand your point that, compared to a normal DE ending, you feel robbed of a second chance against Mango. That's expected since we're accustomed to Bo3 sets at the end of a tournament. Still, everyone else only got one shot at Mango, and while one could make the argument that you 'earned' a second chance, one could just as easily make the argument that Mango had earned his victory at that point.

As Prime also said, the goal of a tournament is to avoid as many rematches as possible. Facing the same person twice is actually an unfortunate side-effect to DE brackets - in fact, the loser's bracket must be done correctly to avoid rematches, though that can only last for so long.

But regardless, it's an academic argument that likely won't convince anyone that wanted to see a full Bo3 set. I'm just laying out the reasons for doing things the way we did them.
All I would say from here is that, if the true intention of doing pools in top 8 is to determine better accuracy of placement, then doing a bo3 sets for top two in that pools still makes sense, especially if 2nd place only loses to 1st place (as was the case). The reason it's fair for 2nd place to get another shot at Mango and not everybody else is because everybody else already lost at least twice. It's not about just getting a shot at Mango, it's about getting a shot to win.

I'm not arguing the way you guys did it, and certainly not wishing for a time machine to go back and change it. I didn't get to show up but I did follow the stream nearly the entire time. It was a great tournament and it ended the way I think everybody expected (Mango first, Hungrybox second).

I'm really just throwing my ideas out there for other TOs to see for future reference, because I believe my idea has merit. It maintains the accuracy for top X and keeps the excitement for a "Grand Finals" atmosphere.

The other option to keep hype at the maximum is to just let Darkrain do a set vs the other top 31. I screamed more times when Darkrain was on stream than everybody else put together.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
SERIOUS QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY: I have a ton of matches spread among several files right now. In the olden days, we would split up everything by individual matches, rather then sets. This was mostly due to filesize and length restrictions. For ease of encoding and uploading, I'd like to keep them as entire sets instead of splitting them into individual matches. Does anybody have any issues or problems with this?

Also I will need that cover page to splice into the videos. Does anybody have the original or a high-quality AVI I could use as the source?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
The other option to keep hype at the maximum is to just let Darkrain do a set vs the other top 31. I screamed more times when Darkrain was on stream than everybody else put together.
Really, the most hype event of all time wouldn't be a tournament at all. It would just be Darkrain vs everybody else and we'd leave it at that.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
SERIOUS QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY: I have a ton of matches spread among several files right now. In the olden days, we would split up everything by individual matches, rather then sets. This was mostly due to filesize and length restrictions. For ease of encoding and uploading, I'd like to keep them as entire sets instead of splitting them into individual matches. Does anybody have any issues or problems with this?
I think thats totally fine, most melee uploaders have just been uploading whole sets nowadays anyway (plus its easier for the viewers too)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Yes, it was waaay more convenient to have the whole set in one video.
Done.

And I think I will be using a static image at the beginning of files with the main FC Logo rather than the spinning one. I already have a script that can insert the image at the beginning along with player names and the round of the tournament. Kishes, let me know if that would be fine or if you want the spinning logo specifically.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can't wait for these vids. I really need to see me vs. Trail

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Im excited too. With all this new high level falcon material I'm going to go through all the falcon matches and make a spreadsheet of tech chasing directions with their corresponding punishes/end result and see if I can see any patterns.

:phone:

Shroomed

Smash Master
General shoutouts: This was a fun tournament even though I didn't do so hot and it was cool chillin with everyone! The smash community is definitely too good. I'll try to go to Apex or ROM 5 so I can redeem myself!

SUPER HOMIE STATUS SHOUTOUTS:

Jason/that piece of **** marth: It was too good chillin man. You will definitely **** way harder if you play in tournament the way you do in friendlies. Close that youtube tab you have open of your set, I know it's there!

LANCEINTHEPANTS: Your house ***** and your housing ***** and we'd **** ANY TEAM IN THE WORLD with our double marth dude. And keep that hidden boss character on the low until you feel like being the best player in the world dude. Thanks for the housing and the rides and everything dude.

Zac: IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Vuduujin: You gotta teach us all how to do the vuduujin bro. It was pretty cool chillin with you and that hit is cool on you and only you and I have no idea why. Thanks for the extracurricular activities that made this tournament even more sick.

Silent SWAG: Duuuude, you're pretty good and it was definitely fun kickin it with you for like 50% of the weekend lol. We definitely need to chill more at the next tournament we're both at.

G$ aka FREEMONEY.COM: SWAG. You're always fun to kick it with. Super homie status for life.

Hax$/The Equator: I'm definitely tight about our set LOL. If we had 30 more minutes of Project M practice, we woulda won that **** bro. We'll tap next time and it was definitely chill kickin it with you and talkin about life n **** at Steak 'n' Shake.

VRO: MA ***** VRO. I haven't watched one person play so many tournament matches in so long. Your Ike is SO SEXY. I go all fangirl whenever you start to play dude. You're amazing at P:M AND you're a cool *** dude. I hope we get to chill even more next time.

Mango: **** you I don't suck! Never lending you a shirt again ***got. Thanks for winning though, I'm happy you did. It's ridiculous how much you can drink and be hungover and **** and still win. Makes me feel like maybe I do suck. But one day I'm going to **** you at some game, ONE ****ING DAY.

If I forgot you, my bad.

The only problem at this tournament was terrible seeding. Even if I beat Pikachad, I'd have to play SFAT right after which would've been so stupid.

Don't even get me started on teams.......

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Everyone that made it out of my R1 pool (pool 13) made bracket... Just sayin'. I think ppl slept on Meta. He's good.
I need to be good enough where being lucky/unlucky with which pool i get doesn't matter :|

Hax

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

KishPrime, the Kishes/TO'ing team, G$, The Moon, SwiftBass, Shroomed, Darkrain, Vanz, Hbox, Mango, SilentSwag, ORLY, Vudujin, DoH, Chillin, Kage, Axe, Nite, j00t, Jake13, JesusFreak, Obsolete, InsaneCarzyGuy, Drephen, Viperboy and Erin from steak and shake (rofl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom