• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Partially time, partially because it minimizes rematches, which are inherently bad in an RR system. If you go pools the whole way, you start ending up with rematches at the end. By using a bracket with continuation sets, you save time AND have a vehicle to deal with rematches in a way that makes sense.

This is an extreme miss, and I'm sorry for that. It went through about 4-5 players. I made a quick switch with Rusty Shacklefurd in Pool 3. FYI to all, I don't plan on doing this again, unless I missed something else obvious.

In case anyone is curious, the pools were seeded based on ranking data provided by a variety of Smashers across the country, and incorporates some SSBPD where uncertainty exists.
I cant imagine how difficult it is to make pools work out well with this many players, but .Dempt and Slartibartfast42 are also in the same pool. These 2 have also been playing together for years now and are from the same area. I wouldnt blame you if there isnt anything you can do, but I thought i would bring it to your attention

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I cant imagine how difficult it is to make pools work out well with this many players, but .Dempt and Slartibartfast42 are also in the same pool. These 2 have also been playing together for years now and are from the same area. I wouldnt blame you if there isnt anything you can do, but I thought i would bring it to your attention
Same with Sveet and Tink, Tink is from IN but he exclusively goes to IL tournaments. He might as well live in IL
Pool six could use one of them, since there isn't an IL in it.

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
My tag should be MOJO-TX not oscarmalherbe..only care if it affects my seeding whatever since i'm in the pool with possible winner of the whole damn thing.

Tink

Smash Hero
they are only looking to switch ppl that play OFTEN, not only at tournaments a couple times.....so no reason to switch sveet...itll make our pool more exciting with him in it!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
My tag should be MOJO-TX not oscarmalherbe..only care if it affects my seeding whatever since i'm in the pool with possible winner of the whole damn thing.
Those involved in seeding already seemed to recognize you, based on their responses.

I'll see what I can do - tried to do my best with Ohio separation and asked everyone on my "quick call" list, but to no avail. After they've been out this long, it may be tricky to switch because people have already seen their pool, so I can't guarantee anything. I'll probably have to toss out a couple of PMs to see if people are willing to make a swap, if you want to pursue it.

In pool 6, I'm from OH, and DJ Talent is from PA.

I don't think that affects anything, though.
Not a thing. ^^

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Currently trying to recruit some more recording volunteers! It looks like the FC staff has the top 4-5 setups covered, but it'd still be great to have more people recording the second-tier matches, especially for the top-32 bracket, where upsets could happen anywhere.

Expectations, as outlined by KishPrime:

We'll allow anyone to record anytime, so long as:

1. We have the right to make a duplicate copy of any video you record. Both parties would be able to use/upload the video as they please.
2. We are going to make a standardized cover sheet that we would like to have placed at the front of the video, if you plan to upload.
3. Staff aren't already covering it.
Eclipsing Binary, MattDotZeb, Carroll, Boat Mode, where you at? I know you guys have done recording in the past. :) And anyone else who wants in, speak up.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Those involved in seeding already seemed to recognize you, based on their responses.

I'll see what I can do - tried to do my best with Ohio separation and asked everyone on my "quick call" list, but to no avail. After they've been out this long, it may be tricky to switch because people have already seen their pool, so I can't guarantee anything. I'll probably have to toss out a couple of PMs to see if people are willing to make a swap, if you want to pursue it.

Not a thing. ^^
I suppose it would up to them if they even care or not. If you dont hear from them soon i wouldnt worry about it. I was just letting you know

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can bring my recording set up Juggleguy.

it works better than what you last saw

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
My laptops seeming pretty fried, but I'll def have my dazzle and I'll try to work something out. If someone wants to be the laptop to my recorder, im down for that too.

I'll get back to you.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Currently trying to recruit some more recording volunteers! It looks like the FC staff has the top 4-5 setups covered, but it'd still be great to have more people recording the second-tier matches, especially for the top-32 bracket, where upsets could happen anywhere.

Expectations, as outlined by KishPrime:

Eclipsing Binary, MattDotZeb, Carroll, Boat Mode, where you at? I know you guys have done recording in the past. :) And anyone else who wants in, speak up.
I can record and livestream some pools if anyone wants me to.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
someone should record my pool i want to see me vs sfat afterward

Tink

Smash Hero
your pool should all be streamed....that pools gonna have alot of hype close matches...idk whos gonna come outta it.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uhh if mango isnt going then i think we need a seeding change, maybe put trail in there? who's the 17th best guy? idk but it should def not remain the same imo, i think itd be unfair to everyone else in pools that have a top player

edit: i just realized socal is not going to this T_T

baka4moé

Smash Champion
also if theres room and if youd like, someone let me join their crew please lol. i am the only socal player so yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom