• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I'm taking a few last-minute entries, but I've got to finalize a lot of expenses including meals and such. So I'll still run with a few more people, but at 8 AM on Sunday is the absolute, no-mercy end to any late entries for Melee singles that haven't already been cleared with me! All other events, I'll let people sign up at the door, but Melee singles is firm done after 8 AM so I can launch the final info packet on Sunday.

If anyone wants to still register, send me your information and we'll get you set up. As far as equipment discounts go, we're only paying out the $5 for TVs at this point, and maybe a Wii w/Brawl or two for PM.

KishPrime

BRoomer
put me in the god damn attendees list

i paid already geez
Bio is having trouble locating the entries that got stuck, but we know the three are you, VTS, and Nite. Guess I'll at least add you all to the list, but none of your info will be right.

No discounts or anything for bringing power strips/extension cords and/or recording devices that weren't listed when registering?
Forgot about those. For cabling, we'll probably still pay out at the door IF we still need them, and it'll be $2-3. The hotel is helping us out with a lot of cabling, so can't say how long that particular discount will last.

Recording setups are another matter entirely...hadn't planned on paying for those because we have enough on staff to cover the critical matches. However, you're free to bring and/or use them. What we decided last night is that we'd allow anyone to record anytime, so long as:

1. We have the right to make a duplicate copy of any video you record. Both would be able to use the video as we please.
2. We are going to make a standardized cover sheet that we would like to have placed at the front of the video, if you plan to upload.
3. Staff aren't already covering it.

@KishPrime: If I request to play on 1.0, is my opponent allowed to refuse?
Sorry I never got back to this. Final ruling is that the most recent version is the official version. So conversely, players can request to play on 1.2 if they want. :( Sorry about that.

Before someone asks, PAL does not count. :p

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
One of the TVs that I'm bringing has no sound and requires a small plastic tab to turn it on. You can still get sound by using ipod speakers with the headphone jack. It also has a built in vcr. The vcr captures the sound perfectly fine. It's a 19" tv. If anyone wants it, it's free. lol

KishPrime

BRoomer
We really need to keep them in the venue if they're loaned to us.

However, we have more Cubes registered than we can realistically use. If some people want to take back their systems, we can work that out at the door.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Ill have one as well.

Does anyone have a spot open for Friday night? I think I'm set after that, but I'm interested in being there on Friday.

Scythe

Smash Master
small tvs that aren't big enough for tourney should just be in hotel rooms

KishPrime

BRoomer

KishPrime

BRoomer
Only 2. There's only been two since the first ruleset revision, we only had more when there were more stages. No different for teams, as well, for those who ask.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What's the point of switching from round-robin pools, to bracket to round-robin pools again? Why not just do round robin for the entire tournament?

Spife

Smash Master
So Pool 8 has Mattdotzeb and I in it (we're moving to chicago together, and have been playing together for the last 3+ years), also there's another IL player in our pool. Anyway Matt and I can at least be separated?

KishPrime

BRoomer
What's the point of switching from round-robin pools, to bracket to round-robin pools again? Why not just do round robin for the entire tournament?
Partially time, partially because it minimizes rematches, which are inherently bad in an RR system. If you go pools the whole way, you start ending up with rematches at the end. By using a bracket with continuation sets, you save time AND have a vehicle to deal with rematches in a way that makes sense.

So Pool 8 has Mattdotzeb and I in it (we're moving to chicago together, and have been playing together for the last 3+ years), also there's another IL player in our pool. Anyway Matt and I can at least be separated?
This is an extreme miss, and I'm sorry for that. It went through about 4-5 players. I made a quick switch with Rusty Shacklefurd in Pool 3. FYI to all, I don't plan on doing this again, unless I missed something else obvious.

In case anyone is curious, the pools were seeded based on ranking data provided by a variety of Smashers across the country, and incorporates some SSBPD where uncertainty exists.

KishPrime

BRoomer
wait so what is it only two people make it out of each pool?
4 advance from each pool in Melee Singles! Advancing 2 from a pool is not a good methodology. We've done it in the past (not at FCs), and you're just asking for issues. Some of the other tournaments will advance 3.

Spife

Smash Master
This is an extreme miss, and I'm sorry for that. It went through about 4-5 players. I made a quick switch with Rusty Shacklefurd in Pool 3. FYI to all, I don't plan on doing this again, unless I missed something else obvious.
Hey no problem and thanks a lot for fixing it so fast kish :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom