• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Here goes...

Tanman: dang music =[
Afropony: too good
Vermy: PT dittos ftw, snake dittos ftl. Train my pokes more please
Gary: You were supposed to win!
X: Stupid fatigue. Thanks for the compliments though, means lots
Ugly: knocked each other out =/. Also your ganon>wario, just sayin
Leisha: thanks for lanturn!
Jei: lol thanks for taking back what you said about my snake (but deep down I know its still true)
Splice: Grats on the win, well deserved

Great tourney, funfun

_X_

Smash Lord
Here goes...

Tanman: dang music =[
Afropony: too good
Vermy: PT dittos ftw, snake dittos ftl. Train my pokes more please
Gary: You were supposed to win!
X: Stupid fatigue. Thanks for the compliments though, means lots
Ugly: knocked each other out =/. Also your ganon>wario, just sayin
Leisha: thanks for lanturn!
Jei: lol thanks for taking back what you said about my snake (but deep down I know its still true)
Splice: Grats on the win, well deserved

Great tourney, funfun
FIRST POST!!

OMFG!!! <3!!

Also guys, if you Smashboards name is different from your tag used at Stigma can you put it in your sigs or something >_> or your location or something

Like DS and Attila etc.

Vermy

Smash Champion
J4! <3
Id be happy to have you as my protege. Come to PT boards. There's an offer by me for all PT mains. ^_^

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
FIRST POST!!

OMFG!!! <3!!

Also guys, if you Smashboards name is different from your tag used at Stigma can you put it in your sigs or something >_> or your location or something

Like DS and Attila etc.
I'd change my Name if I could but I cbf paying for a premium membership just to change my name once.

EDIT: By the way, next time I'm bringing my Fox back to the game, so be prepared beetches : P

Splice

Smash Hero
Crews were horrible though, about 4 people in my crew left without playing so we nearly lost, So then i had to go in and play twice to make up for all of them leaving. We won by heaps though if they all stayed, but it became dead even when they left and then Vermy failed and so we were losing.

lol using DownB in a match against a Falco whilst your under 40%...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i attribute crews being horrible to playing the wrong game
double splice in melee would be induced-birth-tacular

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
woo, 5th in Low tier =D
5th in doubles =D
33rd in singles =(
At the end of doubles, Was just too sick to do much at all.
In singles I had to fight Earl in which I suicided 3 - 4 times. Took some stock off though which was fine by me. =D
Had a lot of fun even though I was sick. Everyone is awesome, except Devil who PAUSES THE GAME IN THE MIDDLE OF A TILT LOCK!!!!
I no longer hold a grudge against Nix (or Dayz or whatever he calls himself) for tier whoring. Now it's against Devil =P
I learnt how to pronounce Khoa's name properly, sorry for not pronouncing it right before. =D

There is so much pressure to pick up a high tier character... The rest of Assualt has, DS wants me to play one in doubles, Tanman has made a few comments and the Sheik boards say that snake is a good backup, plus I might start winning.

Ugly, look at this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPKj-JLn6ys&feature=related

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I only went snake for like 3 matches this month Edge, I'm cutting down on it. Only brining him out on dumb MU/Stages (Frigate I'm looking at you). I pause in the middle of like every match Lol.

Also I'm gonna try to a new tag next month as well, Conor had the bestest Idea evaaaaa.

Lastly Don't switch to Snake, your Sheik is 2gud. Don't even 2nd him.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
some of us are going down the tier list in search of new characters. ice climbers ftw.

and btw snake is generally rated as second hardest in the game to use. so those who wanna pick him up may have their work cut out for them.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
lol using DownB in a match against a Falco whilst your under 40%...

I managed to get a stock off of a chainthrowing Khoa with the Dorf. I was pleased with that. I assure you, I mocked Vermy greatly for some time on the drive home.

There is so much pressure to pick up a high tier character... The rest of Assualt has, DS wants me to play one in doubles, Tanman has made a few comments and the Sheik boards say that snake is a good backup, plus I might start winning.

Okay, that was awesome. Apparently that Olimar is thick as a brick (Gee, wonder what he is going to do after dodging for a forth time?) but it's still epicly epic.

There is no pressure to pick a higher tier. I played some Wario for funzies, and possibly because it could help me win. Other than a doubles match against Ocean, it did not. Low Tier Pride, man.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
some of us are going down the tier list in search of new characters. ice climbers ftw.

and btw snake is generally rated as second hardest in the game to use. so those who wanna pick him up may have their work cut out for them.
So what if he's hard (that's what she said). He's been interesting to me since the game came out. But pit looked cool and then I just liked Sheik way to much to betray her.

Splice

Smash Hero

Oh you guys really shouldn't be picking up high tiers, even as secondaries, ASSAULT is falling apart! Edge your Ike and Sheik are both pro.

You guys just need to do more mindgames like that one. That was amazing.

Stigma-B singles results that i know for those who care and are bored.
1. Splice (GaW)
2. Jei (Pit and MK :p)
3. SwordSaint (Snake and maybe MK)
4. Afropony (Pit)
5. Nixernator (ZSS)
5. Earl (MK)
7. (I dont know)
7. (I dont know)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Now now Splice don't be posting results without knowing everything because you know Shaya will barge in here with his capital letters like "WHO THE F*** IS (I DON'T KNOW)? WHO DO THEY MAIN OMFG ANSWER ME!"

I will post the results hopefully by tomorrow night, sorry gaiz Jei has been a busy little duckling. Stoopid work and stuff.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
DrixonSypher here cause Edge hacked my computer : (

As much as we love our Low tiers, we need to cover our bad matchups. My circumstance Is slightly different, I use to Main Falco and Second Marth, but I changed To Fox on the First Stigma I attended. Then developed my Peach When I saw CAOTIC play awesomely.

Every High Tier I play is just for Fun, but I still use My Marth and Falco to cover my Bad Match ups.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I seem to change my high tier secondary every month. -_-
June: Falco
July: Wario
August: Snake

These patterns seem to point out that MK would be next in line...but Dedede seems to be more likely at this point. He's so gangsta.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Being a Yoshi main all my life I know I will never drop my favourite little green dino but yeah, my very first tourney I discovered in Brawl I won't be able to beat just anyone with Yoshi so I picked up a random character that seemed to work for me (Pit).

Then my training buddy at the time (Erick) picked up Falco. I couldn't do Sh** to him with Pit nor Yoshi so I picked up the first character I knew couldn't be chaingrabbed (Jigglypuff).

Then I stuck with those characters and picked up Foxy for the funzors and that's where it remained for a long time. Then the first tier list was released and I cried myself to sleep for 2 weeks until I began to take pride in being a low tier mainer.

Then Game & Watch mains started to appear all over the place like cancer. After some experimenting I finally accepted my horrible fate...enter Meta Knight....

Let's see how this goes..

Siyro

Smash Journeyman

Then Game & Watch mains started to appear all over the place like cancer. After some experimenting I finally accepted my horrible fate...enter Meta Knight....

Let's see how this goes..
Yeah Marth Is how I deal with the Game & Watchs, except Leish, she got defeated by my Falco... On Frigate Orpheon, lol

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I thought marth could deal with projectiles at least half decently =S Seeing as he is fast enough to run and jump around them and stuff.....

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Now now Splice don't be posting results without knowing everything because you know Shaya will barge in here with his capital letters like "WHO THE F*** IS (I DON'T KNOW)? WHO DO THEY MAIN OMFG ANSWER ME!"
ahh jei your awesome ;)

did splice play any matches against scoot, I find it surprising that a G&W would beat snake, but I guess splice is just hard like that, probably makes everyone around him watching hard too eh?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Splice got sent to losers bracket by Scoot and then got his revenge in the semi finals. Splice mains G&W and ONLY G&W. Has that much MU experience vs Snake that he can take one out if need be.

Splice is pro G&W.

swordsaint

Smash Master
ugh how insulting attila

truth is, i have several reasons for playing bad, which admittedly i was, i won't lay them out because I'd be labelled johner

splice and jei were on fire on sunday, i think the fact even earl faced defeat at the hands of jei and splice is evidence enough

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
oh Tier whoring I tried that once, thought lucario was a good second since he could avoid chains and azen was pretty much god with him, next Tier list came out and good old lolcario wasn't high tier anymore :(

Splice

Smash Hero
lol @ scoot... its called using grenades... gw is powerless against them... stop spamming tilts!
Whilst its true Scoot didnt really know the MU and did the wrong things at times, I didn't really let him have much time to get those grenades going. I really just wanted to keep Scoot in the air and pressure him. I lost the first set because I let Scoot have time. This could be seen on Halberd when I was trying too hard to wait for an opening when i should've rushed in. Scoot just did some spacing and then an Utilt. It was horrendous.

Anyway GaW isn't powerless against the grenades, whilst they do define a large part of the MU there are still things you can do to get past them, you just have to think a lot, space well, and take a little bit of damage, but you can still got on the inside. I've never played your Snake Attila.

Scoot, I don't know what you were reasons for playing bad are, but i'd say the main one is you don't know how to play the GaW MU as well as i know how to play the Snake MU and thats where you lose your epicgay 65:35 Advantage. Next time, I won't be so lucky.

Nixernator

Smash Ace

Thats at the highest level Attila, Snake is easy at the lower levels and as such would probably be easy to pick up and place high with at our monthlies.
As a side note, some of us picked up chars that are just plain unloved (having **** Dsmash combos helps as well).

Splice has had too much Snake practice from Afro/Me he knows that MU.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I seem to change my high tier secondary every month. -_-
June: Falco
July: Wario
August: Snake

These patterns seem to point out that MK would be next in line...but Dedede seems to be more likely at this point. He's so gangsta.
Dedede seems to be more likely at this point.
Oh god no...

*Cowers in free of the chaingrab on Bowser*

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Alfa weren't you going to do an interview or something>?
Preferably with me as I am bored?

Also you don't need to main Dedede to do that CG, anyone could just use D3 Vs. you if they felt like it.
Just use Lucario man.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
and in the second set when ss got you to ~80% he seemed to avoid u-tilt altogether, as we point out in the commentary
ahhh the commentary.. upload!

Splice

Smash Hero
God Dekar i wish i could but it takes me like 19 hours to upload a video and i dont actually know what i'm doing. Get Tanman to do it, upload the SS matches with me.

The commentary was godly. Dekar and X is the too-pro commentary doubles team. I also want to upload the matches where I vs'd Afropony, now those were some GG's with some Good Commentary lol XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom