• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The next one is on the 20th of September right?

Flexxxxxxxxx <3 It's been a while. RAWR <3

Someone teach me pretty bird Falco.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@splice: didnt let him use grenades? i takes 1 frame to pull one out. i know youre good, but i dont even think m2k has enough pressure to not give snake a single frame...

@dekar: you commentating? freakin amazing!

@siyro: marth is gay. you just have to go to sydney to find it out...

Splice

Smash Hero
@splice: didnt let him use grenades? i takes 1 frame to pull one out. i know youre good, but i dont even think m2k has enough pressure to not give snake a single frame...

@dekar: you commentating? freakin amazing!
Yeah yeah i know, i didnt mean it was ALL me.

What i meant was that Scoot wasnt really thinking about using grenades, and I was just trying to not give him time to remember that he should. I noticed that Scoot didn't pull out grenades while he was in the air so i kinda abused that.

I still want to play your Snake Attila. If we don't have a hell of a lot of friendlies before you go away to Japan, I am going to be... so very amazingly horribly sad :(:(

Also Dekar commentating, it is freaking amazing. I really want to upload the videos but it takes me 19 hours to upload 1.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Just do it when you go to sleep and leave it on until after school, they'd be done by then.
Anyway if you come round to my house tomorrow we can try doing here.

Anyway, Toshi will you be teaming with Joey next tourney? If you are I don't think I have a doubles partner atm. :(

swordsaint

Smash Master
I've never played a great game and watch before, i had very little idea of what to do, I admit that, I think the fact i let you get away with so many Dairs is proof of that.

Next time I'll come prepared with GnW match-up knowledge and see where that gets me. ^_^

Splice

Smash Hero
Afro, team with Khoa if Toshi is unavailable, and you'll place top 5.
Khoa is broken in doubles.

I'd do that but mum would turn the computer off regardless of what i say. Also I will come over tomorrow, and we don't have to play soccer if you don't want to this time.

Scoot you'll destroy me.

LOL yeah I can't believe i got away with so many Dairs, by the finals time with Jei i was just spamming them alone wondering why i wasn't dead yet. Then he started grabbing right at the ends. I need Tibz to stand behind me while I play and say "Cut down on the Dairs boi" like he has done in the past.

Attila_

BRoomer
ok ill rephrase: marth can be gay. we just dont have anyone in melbourne who is that good with him yet. shaya's marth is an american. AMERICAN. that means its super gay. i still loled at it though ;)

*waiting for vids*

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ReeZults!

Low Tier

1. Swordsaint (Mario/Zelda)
2. Tanman (Zelda)
3. Jei (Yoshi/Jigglypuff)
4. Viva (Mario)
5. Edge Games (Ike)
5. Toshiba (Jigglypuff)
7. Leisha (Lucas/Ness)
7. DrixonSypher (Zelda/Samus)
9. Alfa (Bowser)
9. Ugly (Ganondorf/Jigglypuff?)
9. Condog (Lucas)
9. T-Rex (Captain Falcon)
13. Mfrek (Pokemon Trainer)
13. Joey Joey Joe Joe (Pokemon Trainer)
13. Timic (Zelda)
13. Haydino (Ness)
17. Khoa (Pokemon Trainer)
17. Vermy (Pokemon Trainer)

Doubles

1. Team Hyper Power (Splice + Ledge) [Mr. Game & Watch + Olimar] 10 points
2. Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks) [Metaknight + Wario/Metaknight] 8 points
3. Broken Arrow (Khoa + Jei) [Metaknight + Pit/Yoshi] 6 points
4. S-Rex (Swordaint + T-Rex) [Snake/Falco + Marth] 4 points
5. Llama Farmers (Toshiba + Joey Joey Joe Joe) [Metaknight/Wario + Snake] 2 points
5. Legend of the Bucket: Turtle's Revenge (Edge Games + Tanman) [Sheik + Mr. Game & Watch] 2 points
7. Corncakes (Condog + Cake)
7. Devil Nay Cry (Devil + Nay)
9. Alfa + Haydino
9. Fernandez (Ocean X + Mfrek)
9. Call It (DrixonSypher + Timic)
9. Bas-Saint Sea Patrol (X + IceK)
13. Team Phail (Leisha + Viva)
13. Joker and the Thief (Vermy + Ugly)
13. Apples (Bryan + Leisha again)
13. Dekar + Tak (DQ)
17. Nathan + Ryan
17. Redact + Forte (DQ)

Singles

1. Splice [Mr. Game & Watch] 10 points
2. Jei [Pit] 9 points
3. Swordsaint [Snake/Metaknight] 8 points
4. Afropony [Pit] 7 points
5. Nixernator [Zero-Suit Samus/Snake] 6 points
5. Earl [Metaknight] 6 points
7. X [Fox] 4 points
7. Devil [Wolf] 4 points
9. Ledge [Olimar] 2 points
9. Toshiba [Diddy Kong] 2 points
9. Nicks [Wario] 2 points
9. Dekar [Marth/Mr. Game & Watch] 2 points
13. Khoa
13. Joey Joey Joe Joe
13. Haydino
13. T-Rex
17. Mfrek
17. Condog
17. Vermy
17. Tanman
17. IceK
17. DrixonSypher
17. Alfa
17. Leisha
25. Ocean X
25. Viva
25. Ugly
25. Tak
25. Timic
25. Bryan
25. Redact (Forfeit)
25. Forte
33. Cake
33. Nathan
33. Ryan
33. Edge Games

Crew Battle

Jei (Pit)
Dekar (Marth)
Redact (Olimar)
Nixernator (Zero-Suit Samus)
Tanman (Sonic)
Nay (Toon Link)
Khoa (Metaknight)
X (Fox)
Edge Games (Sheik)
Lee (Sonic)
Atlas (Lucario
Joey Joey Joe Joe (Snake)
Timic (Wario)
Khoa again (Metaknight)

vs

Splice (Mr. Game & Watch)
Afropony (Pit)
Toshiba (Diddy Kong)
Ledge (DQ)
Devil (Wolf)
Condog (DQ)
IceK (Falco)
Tak (Ike)
Ocean X (DQ)
DrixonSypher (Pikachu)
Vermy (Pokemon Trainer)
T-Rex (Marth)
Ugly (Ganondorf)
Cake (Pit)
Splice again (Mr. Game & Watch)

Toshiba > Lee with 2 stock left
Toshiba > Tanman with 1 stock left
Atlas > Toshiba with 2 stock left
Afropony > Atlas with 2 stock left
Afropony > Joey Joey Joe Joe with 1 stock left
X > Afropony with 2 stock left
DrixonSypher > X with 3 stock left
Dekar > Drixon Sypher with 1 stock left
Devil > Dekar with 3 stock left
Devil > Edge Games with 1 stock left
Redact > Devil with 3 stock left
T-Rex > Redact with 1 stock left
Khoa > T-Rex with 3 stock left
Splice > Khoa with 2 stock left
Splice > Nixernator with 1 stock left
Timic > Splice with 1 stock left
Cake > Timic with 3 stock left
Jei > Cake with 3 stock left
Jei > IceK with 1 stock left
Tak > Jei with 2 stock left
Khoa again > Tak with 2 stock left
Khoa again > Ugly with 1 stock left
Khoa again > Vermy with 1 stock left
Splice again > Khoa again with 3 stock left
Splice again > Nay with 2 stock left

So despite Red team having 3 members leave and forfeit their spot in the crew, they still won with 2 stock left.
Red team technically won by about 8 stock

Notes for crews

1. Splice played twice to make up for lost team mates leaving before the end.
2. Splice is too dangerous in a crew battle to be allowed to walk free among the public.
3. Khoa played twice at the start because Red team had one extra player.
4. Khoa 3 stocked Vermy lol.
5. Timic vs Splice took roughly about 14 hours to begin due to Wario having a timed a$$...
6. DrixonSypher hard countered X's Fox with Pikachu and the match consisted of 2 grabs and about one million dthrows.
7. I'm a pimp.
8. Nixernator's ZSS is higher than SS Tier.
9. Toshiba defeated 2 Sonics in a row with Diddy Kong, earning my respect and my hard-on.
10. Tak defeated my Pit with an Ike fsmash, winning a $10 bet with Atlas.
11. We randomly threw Atlas into the crew battle as Blue team's 3rd player just to get him away from the commentator's microphone.
12. I suck at choosing teams, never make me do it again.

Jei, out.

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Jei if its not too much trouble can you start posting the bracket images for thr tournaments? Mainly singles. I don't mind, It'd just be good. Thanks.

Vermy

Smash Champion

I'm not pro with falco at all, but i know the basics and the ATs like the back of my hand. I can teach you how to do said ATs. =)

also, here is the in depth explanation of how to play Falco at an advanced level.

PEW PEW! GRAB GRAB! SPIKEY SPIKEY! SHOONG SHOONG!

(laser, dthrow chain, dair, side b)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman

Now that vermii has stated so. I can also play Falco and could probably teach you the AT's as well, but as for actually playing him, he is more a character you feel then learn from others. Just my opinion anyway.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll most likely team with Joey, but I need a brawl doubles partner for Stigma-H, assuming there will be brawl doubles.

Sleepy...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
EDIT: as it turns out Marth is not gay. Shame on all those who doubted it.

lol you show me a picture of 2 girls kissing and tell me its not gay?

I may show up to the tourney on the 20th, I'll try to drag ted with me attilla so is it cool if we stay with you?

I cant wait to have ganon ditto's with ugly, thats gonna be like the most fun I'll have had all year!

also I'd laugh at you scoot but I got ***** by some american game and watch player :(

1500 posts, get vermy'd

Vermy

Smash Champion
HAPPY 1,500 POSTS LUKE!

Where's the love for Vermy?!?!?!

Last time i played you down here, i mained Kirby and took your Snake to Brinstar and got 2 stocked. -_-;
Now i want a piece of your Snake. And i mean that in every way possible ;)

God I'm bored right now.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry vermy, I love you, and so does the whole comunnity <3 (and not just cause you make art stuff for everyone ;) )

you can have as much of my snake as you like

I've had plently of PT practice against toby and I am resolved to never resort to gay grab release **** on zenagami or ridiculos dthrow rapage on the zard.

also to help with your bordem I highly recommend this game that ted linked me to, go to newgrounds.com and find a game called multi-task, its quite fun.

or you could just download a snes emulator and play super mario 3 ;)

Attila_

BRoomer
I may show up to the tourney on the 20th, I'll try to drag ted with me attilla so is it cool if we stay with you?

1500 posts, get vermy'd
this should be ok, ill have to double check with the parents first though. we have a spare bed already, and another fold out on standby, just gotta double check the permission. ill let you know asap.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Hey Alfa weren't you going to do an interview or something>?
Preferably with me as I am bored?

Also you don't need to main Dedede to do that CG, anyone could just use D3 Vs. you if they felt like it.
Just use Lucario man.
I interviewed Ledge while you were playing. I am a horrible judge of age...
Also
If just anyone were to play DDD against my Bowser, I'm sure that I'd have a chance against them, it takes a bit of practice to actually use DDD because there are a few weird things about him you should know, like to grab the edge when facing away from it you have to hold back, due to his short arms, and the chaingrab takes a bit of practice any way.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I interviewed Ledge while you were playing. I am a horrible judge of age...
Also
If just anyone were to play DDD against my Bowser, I'm sure that I'd have a chance against them, it takes a bit of practice to actually use DDD because there are a few weird things about him you should know, like to grab the edge when facing away from it you have to hold back, due to his short arms, and the chaingrab takes a bit of practice any way.
Lol don't kid yourself, D3 is one of the easiest chars to pick up in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ok ill rephrase: marth can be gay. we just dont have anyone in melbourne who is that good with him yet. shaya's marth is an american. AMERICAN. that means its super gay. i still loled at it though ;)

*waiting for vids*
My Marth was not playing American. And me beating people who spam rolls and spotdodges is me being gay? :laugh:

Too cocky attila, you know I wasn't playing my Marth against you like I should.

P.S. Snake is infinitely gayer than most characters in the cast bar 1; CAO agrees, don't bother him about it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Pfft Snake isnt gay

hes just... really hard to beat :/ IMO gay characters are the ones who just spam attacks all day long because theyre so safe and the entire match is the enemy trying to get inside. Its boring as hell to watch, ******** to play against and is compensating for a lack of willingness to make any game a good game, solely to win and piss the other player off as much as possible. #1 reason for brawl being inferior to melee.

Apply that idea to certain matches... DMG vs luke, plank vs dapuffster, Olimar vs everyone, and if any of you saw 'orion' play on the stream at SNES omg >_<

Snake does not fall into that category. This circle of hell is reserved for MK, Olimar, ROB, Wolf, G&W, Marth and to an extent, Wario.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Pfft Snake isnt gay

hes just... really hard to beat :/ IMO gay characters are the ones who just spam attacks all day long because theyre so safe and the entire match is the enemy trying to get inside.
Tell me you've tried Sonic Vs. Snake and that it's NOT what you just described with the addition of 'nades.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
the ****, circle of hell including Marth but not Snake my ***.

Try getting inside ftilt when it's one of the longest ranged ground moves in the game,
try getting inside nades that most characters do not have the priority (disjoint) to space to avoid to hit or to avoid the explosion.

Seriously browny, you're an idiot.

How much RUNNING AROUND does Snake do compared to other characters?

Browny

Smash Hater
Yes tanman ive had to face my brothers snake multiple times in tournament with Sonic. but were not describing the 'gayness' of characters as their matchup vs specific characters, this is across the whole. Snake can get it just as bad as those other characters can dish it out, with proper spacing of course.

w/e shaya, Id call that traits of a good character, not 'gay'.

Whenever I lose to snake (which i have done multiple times in tourney you know) I dont walk away thinking 'omg that was so gay snake OP bull****'. I know snake is beatable, its just bloody hard, you cant afford to make mistakes often or you get trashed. It teaches you the world about spacing, safe attacks, and punishing landing lag and all that stuff. its not like MK, i can make the SLIGHTEST tiny mistake and die at 50% to a stupid shuttle loop, or get upb'd oos all day because MK can choose to be gay no matter how perfect my spacing is, and impossible to land a KO move on.

Attila_

BRoomer
My Marth was not playing American. And me beating people who spam rolls and spotdodges is me being gay? :laugh:

Too cocky attila, you know I wasn't playing my Marth against you like I should.

P.S. Snake is infinitely gayer than most characters in the cast bar 1; CAO agrees, don't bother him about it.
and i normally sd at 30%? we all make mistakes. it happens. i was just taking the piss :)

im with dj browny, snake isnt a gay character. he's got amazing ability and potential, but rarely does he play gay. mk is gay for obvious reasons, wario is gay for his stalling and hit and run ability, ice climbers are gay for their punish game, and falco is arguably the most gay for his lasers. freakin bird.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@DJB:
Yes because Snake doesn't kill early. Because stage control doesn't mess with spacing. Because invisible hitboxes aren't frustrating. Do you listen to yourself? I might kill you tonight.

@Attila: Snake is gay. Leopard print leotard proves it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Dont get me wrong Shaya I know Snake is far too good...

His traits exceed every other character's by such a large margin, its insane. To any outside observer, its clear Snake is broken beyond repair. EIGHTEEN attacks which will KO <150, 12 of which will KO regularly <120. Incredible hitboxes, priority, damage, safety, projectiles, speed, weight, throws... any good player who decides to use him will be able to compensate for an enormous gap in skill (Please do not mistake me with people who 'main' Snake). To put it simply, he was not designed for brawl. Not even the smash series at all.

Its just that despite all that, I dont think it quite classifies as gay. w/e call me mad i dont care, you wouldnt be the first :p

_X_

Smash Lord
@Snake, shouldn't you be hiding somewhere and not spaming Stigma thread which has nothing to do with you?

What's that snake?...

'yes'?

THEN GTFO.

On topic - isn't X amazing?! (awaits infaction)

Actually on topic, StigmaB [VII] Vids? Any one have any?

P.S - Snake is good. That's why he holds second greatest tournament results AND second on the US tier list. He's no more or less gay than any other high tier character in any competitive game. Anyone ever played MVC2? **** is BROKE. Anyway, no moar - Gay Snake, Gay And Watch, Gay Marth or Gay Brawl. Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom