• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman Unlimited Mafia - Day 6 begins! No one killed!

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
Based on play alone I would either go with Joker or Jerkus, although why are you directing attention elsewhere?

:applejack:
yo bwolf cmere here man...

closer....

thats right closer...

we almost there hang with me...

yure right there come closer...

SCUMHUNTING!

thats right my friend! yu guessed it!

YOLOSWAG

marshy|omni
i heard that when the judge is about to slam the gavel to announce the verdict on someone whos obviously guilty ruy interjects and says

wait. let him claim

Rajam

Smash Champion
I kind of agree with you on Ryu, but I don't think I do on Gorf.

From the moment Ryu revealed that he didn't have that picture posting restriction, I thought "Well that's some bull****, he just gave himself an excuse to play a 100% reactionary game." All he had to do was quote things, and post gifs responding to those things. It seemed hella lame, and legit scummy.
Just checked, and this was never pursued

Confirmed scum is confirmed

Rajam

Smash Champion
So it's completely unthinkable that the role he has that allows him to know that you're town, is a role that says "scum" in it, and doesn't have you listed as one of his teammates? You are making a lot of assumptions, based on very little.
I don't think you're understanding what an "info role" is. It's not an investigation, it's just a role that says "you know X is Y alignment", or some other piece of info that's confirmed accurate to you right off the bat. He wouldn't have used any day action.
PJB why didn't you attempt to convince (or side with) BadWolf of the same thing in the second quote?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Actually I mostly liked my reads from yesterDay still, and I want to see where this circus push goes. Consider me on the wagon in spirit, but I do feel that pressure is deserved here:

Vote: PJB

FoS Circus

IGMEOY LaundRake

In order of concern. I'm willing to let go of my LaundRake read atm since they won't be lynched any time soon cuz bomb (still pisses me off if you're town that you'd actually do this, you'd be the perfect role for scum to NK like... idk whatever). More people who weren't too involved yesterDay need to get their bums ovah here.

K work peace

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Circus and Ryu are still where I'm looking. I really wish they hadn't killed Nich. Gorf may be worth taking a second look at, based on this.

and really guys? You honestly think coming at me is the move for today? Even Kantrip thinks that is a terrible move.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, let's start here.
I know I've said before that PJB/Kantplay likely had scum in it, but instead of following the same damn thing that keeps happening in games where we instantly just pile on our number 2 who managed to not be number 1 the previous day, let's not do that.

I'm looking at Jerkus/Raz/PJB at the moment. I had a weird feeling about Raz since the beginning of this game and Kantplay's flip just solidifies said weird feelings. I don't know who mentioned it on memory, but someone made the assumption earlier that Kantplay/Raz was interesting and that Raz was trying to make himself look better on town-reading Potato by being the white knight who managed to not scum-read him. I agree with this and I want Raz to tell me what he thinks about the wagon and how it formed yesterday on his aforementioned solid town-read.
Okay. This right here is some BS ****-waving at my slot.

"Weird feelings"? "Solidifies said weird feelings"? How much more vague can you get?

I'm gonna run straight through the entirety of how my Kantrip read developed, got it? Alright.

First, we had the initial interaction where I thought he was crumbing at me. That let me to an initial Town read, because most times I have seen roles that have information about other slots, they have been TOWN roles. Immediate examples that come to my mind are Gurren Lagann Mafia and Super Mario RPG Mafia, which OS himself hosted, and I played in. In that game, Frogfucius was a 'Wise Townie' who had mod-confirmed knowledge that Mario was in the game, as well as a few other things:

Passive abilities:

Wisdom- Because you are so wise, you know much. You know, for example, that Mario is in this game, that Bowyer is not, and the five original party members may not all be who they seem…
NOW. AFTER Potato came back in and was like, "No, I wasn't actually crumbing", the Town read that I had pulled from him was a result of reading his thought process on my reaction to his post. He initially suspected me, but then realized that I had thought it was a crumb, and then changed his read. That was a NATURAL thought process that I was able to very easily follow and identify with.

After that point, there was the whole ****-slinging contest between he and PJB, which made both of them look bad. But then there was his AtE, and his "trying new things" stuff, to which I looked at it and went, "You know what? This looks pretty genuine. The play was sloppy, but I don't see scum intent here." and I said as much during the events themselves. I also said I figured that exchange seemed TvT. I'll be amending that later, as I'm moving towards Joker being scum for reasons I'll outline shortly, which includes partial agreement with Rajam.

After that, I was unsure of where to move at the time. I had THOUGHT that JokervKantrip seemed TvT, but also wasn't sold on trying to switch the wagon to RTL, whom I'm still unsure on. With no concrete direction to go, I ran out of time before Apex. By the time I got into the hotel and settled and everything it was really late, so I just went to bed. I skimmed the thread in the evenings while at Apex, but it occupied enough of my time that I wouldn't have been able to give much more than the 1-liners RR provided at the time. He was hammered by the time I finally had time to sit and read the thread on Monday morning.

Now, all that said, what I don't like about YOU, Soup, is that not only do you try to pin me for "weird feelings", but you try to cast my white-knighting as scummy when I do it as both alignments. I always have and always will defend someone who has a BS case made on them, EXCEPT in situations where I feel it's more beneficial to see how others react first. As I said earlier, I knew this was a bull**** Rake case, so I defended against it.

Nowhere did I try to TAKE CREDIT for this, as you claim. I didn't come into the thread and go "I told yall ****** he was Town" and try to claim points for it.

You're misconstruing my actions AND falsifying intent to cast me as scummy and that's a load of horse****.

Going to eat supper, will continue my catch-up when I'm back. I may make a concerted push on Soup once I read the following pages, because THIS RIGHT HERE is grimy as ****:

I know I've said before that PJB/Kantplay likely had scum in it, but instead of following the same damn thing that keeps happening in games where we instantly just pile on our number 2 who managed to not be number 1 the previous day, let's not do that.

I'm looking at Jerkus/Raz/PJB at the moment.
"Let's not dogpile PJB."

"I'm looking at Jerkus/Raz/PJB."

***** what?!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

I'm looking at Jerkus/Raz/PJB at the moment. I had a weird feeling about Raz since the beginning of this game and Kantplay's flip just solidifies said weird feelings. I don't know who mentioned it on memory, but someone made the assumption earlier that Kantplay/Raz was interesting and that Raz was trying to make himself look better on town-reading Potato by being the white knight who managed to not scum-read him. I agree with this and I want Raz to tell me what he thinks about the wagon and how it formed yesterday on his aforementioned solid town-read.

That's probably my top priority and I'm mulling on Jerkus/Ryu at the moment. PJB, you had a pretty strong 'case' on Circus or theory based on his play the previous day. You also seemed to drop your hatefest going on with Kantplay too iirc. Does Circus look better or worse to you based on Kantplay's town-flip? Something I don't understand about you is that you disliked Circus yet you also seemed to disregard the fact Circus disliked Kantplay, who was your top choice yesterday. It's a weird preference and I'm not sure why this didn't come into consideration of your read at all.
I didn't disregard it, I addressed it somewhere that I thought it could easily be a bus. Kantrip's play was scummy as hell, so bussing him would have been a perfectly reasonable move.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
That's....quite a hefty response.

Now, all that said, what I don't like about YOU, Soup, is that not only do you try to pin me for "weird feelings", but you try to cast my white-knighting as scummy when I do it as both alignments. I always have and always will defend someone who has a BS case made on them, EXCEPT in situations where I feel it's more beneficial to see how others react first. As I said earlier, I knew this was a bull**** Rake case, so I defended against it.

Nowhere did I try to TAKE CREDIT for this, as you claim. I didn't come into the thread and go "I told yall *****s he was Town" and try to claim points for it.

You're misconstruing my actions AND falsifying intent to cast me as scummy and that's a load of horse****.
I'm not trying to pin you, I'm trying to read you. You don't need to come in here with your battle armor ready to take swings at me when I'm only trying to let people know where my head is at presently. 'Weird feelings' doesn't conclude that I think it's scummy. I think it's weird, and something I certainly town-read. That's an interpretation and I'm inclined to have one. I never implied you were going to take credit, it was again an interpetation of your play. I'm not misconstruing you either, in what way am I trying to twist your words or falsify intent? I don't know why you're having such a kneejerk reaction now honestly, it's not like I pointed a gun at you, but you're certainly treating me like I did.

There's also stuff you failed to answer at the end of that paragraph, which is more important to me than this long-ended defense wall.

"Let's not dogpile PJB."

"I'm looking at Jerkus/Raz/PJB."
Is there something you find wrong with this? I don't want people just hopping on PJB immediately without discussing different avenues.

#HBC | ѕoup

I didn't disregard it, I addressed it somewhere that I thought it could easily be a bus. Kantrip's play was scummy as hell, so bussing him would have been a perfectly reasonable move.
That wasn't the case however. Is Circus the main person you want today? Is there anyone else who you feel looks bad on a Kantplay town-flip?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That wasn't the case however. Is Circus the main person you want today? Is there anyone else who you feel looks bad on a Kantplay town-flip?
Yes, Circus is primarily who I want, as of right now. Dietz might look bad from the town flip, but his thought process seems pretty well laid out, and legit to me. I'm not really interested in Dietz.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
So soup, since you're just trying to read Raz and you don't think Ruy's the play given how your basis for it was seemingly shut down, why is your vote not on Circus at the moment?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like Badwolf's 1049.

I'm also willing to put out a Town lean on RTL based on toDay's play, but I have some problems with how they played D1, which I'll touch on in a bit.
Circus and Ryu are still where I'm looking. I really wish they hadn't killed Nich. Gorf may be worth taking a second look at, based on this.

and really guys? You honestly think coming at me is the move for today? Even Kantrip thinks that is a terrible move.
This is super AtE.
That's....quite a hefty response.

I'm not trying to pin you, I'm trying to read you. You don't need to come in here with your battle armor ready to take swings at me when I'm only trying to let people know where my head is at presently. 'Weird feelings' doesn't conclude that I think it's scummy. I think it's weird, and something I certainly town-read. That's an interpretation and I'm inclined to have one. I never implied you were going to take credit, it was again an interpetation of your play. I'm not misconstruing you either, in what way am I trying to twist your words or falsify intent? I don't know why you're having such a kneejerk reaction now honestly, it's not like I pointed a gun at you, but you're certainly treating me like I did.

There's also stuff you failed to answer at the end of that paragraph, which is more important to me than this long-ended defense wall.

Is there something you find wrong with this? I don't want people just hopping on PJB immediately without discussing different avenues.
Hhghhhh... this is reasonable. I got concerned because you seemed to be setting up shady and ill-supported points against me while also simultaneously buddying up to slots like Badwolf. I wanted to nip it in the bud ASAP because of how I interpreted the intent of your post.

I still need to analyze that wagon, but I've got other **** to do tonight first. I may get to it, I may not.

#HBC | ѕoup

So soup, since you're just trying to read Raz and you don't think Ruy's the play given how your basis for it was seemingly shut down, why is your vote not on Circus at the moment?
I'm not ready to end the phase and I'm trying to be less anxious with my votes and try and give people more time before I make a complete judgment. I want to see what Jerkus does and says about all this before I'm ready to vote him; I also want to see him refute his case.

#HBC | ѕoup

Yes, Circus is primarily who I want, as of right now. Dietz might look bad from the town flip, but his thought process seems pretty well laid out, and legit to me. I'm not really interested in Dietz.
Dietz looks bad on the town-flip? Did he do anything damning that is worth noting in more detail? I actually need to do a re-read but I don't want to be caught up in past thoughts and I feel that if I keep myself a steady pace I won't feel so overwhelmed.

Gorf's rubbing off on me man, I'm seeing staaarrrssssss man

#HBC | ѕoup

Hhghhhh... this is reasonable. I got concerned because you seemed to be setting up shady and ill-supported points against me while also simultaneously buddying up to slots like Badwolf. I wanted to nip it in the bud ASAP because of how I interpreted the intent of your post.

I still need to analyze that wagon, but I've got other **** to do tonight first. I may get to it, I may not.
I was literally just having a moment of expressing my gratitude and being happy that BadWolf is trying to shape himself up, that's he's actually playing the game and he isn't a slot that I have to be constantly yelling at or bash my head against the wall trying to read him.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
I'm not ready to end the phase
eyebrowraise.jpg

and I'm trying to be less anxious with my votes and try and give people more time before I make a complete judgment. I want to see what Jerkus does and says about all this before I'm ready to vote him; I also want to see him refute his case.
Good luck to him then.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
Dietz looks bad on the town-flip? Did he do anything damning that is worth noting in more detail? I actually need to do a re-read but I don't want to be caught up in past thoughts and I feel that if I keep myself a steady pace I won't feel so overwhelmed.

i like how you don't know what color lime is

anyways continuing my reread

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

All I would say about Dietz is that the worst thing he has going for him is being an early adopter of Kantscum, and the way he so easily flipped to me, and then back to Kant. It looks bad, knowing that both Kant and I are town, like he could have been just going with the flow on whatever wagon he thought was going to happen. The way he justified it seemed legit to me, however, so I'm not convinced it was him fishing for a wagon. I think he was just legit confused.

Rake the Lawndry

Rake.|Laundary
All I would say about Dietz is that the worst thing he has going for him is being an early adopter of Kantscum, and the way he so easily flipped to me, and then back to Kant. It looks bad, knowing that both Kant and I are town, like he could have been just going with the flow on whatever wagon he thought was going to happen. The way he justified it seemed legit to me, however, so I'm not convinced it was him fishing for a wagon. I think he was just legit confused.
eyebrowraise.jpg

#HBC | ѕoup

You manage to contradict yourself in your own post. You're telling me you dislike Dietz and that there's reason to, but then you disregard and say that you think he was just legit confused. Why was there any reason to dislike him if you're just going to basically say it's not an issue? Why even mention that previously that he might look bad. This is incredibly wishy-washy and I haven't liked you at all coming into this day.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This is TEXTBOOK AtE.
do you know what AtE even is? That's not appealing to emotion at all. AtE would be if I said "well, there's nothing I can say to defend myself now that Kantrip has flipped town, so I guess I'm ****ed. I just hope you guys can recover from my mislynch."

But that's not what I'm doing at all. I'm saying "if you think calling me scum based on Kantrip flipping town is a good case, you are sorely mistaken."

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You manage to contradict yourself in your own post. You're telling me you dislike Dietz and that there's reason to, but then you disregard and say that you think he was just legit confused. Why was there any reason to dislike him if you're just going to basically say it's not an issue? Why even mention that previously that he might look bad. This is incredibly wishy-washy and I haven't liked you at all coming into this day.
I'm not contradicting myself.

I state why I could see someone calling Dietz scum, and laid out why, because you didn't see it. That does not mean I agree with it. It's one interpretation of his actions, and I think it's the wrong one. I think he's town, and that his thought process is legit.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm not contradicting myself.

I state why I could see someone calling Dietz scum, and laid out why, because you didn't see it. That does not mean I agree with it. It's one interpretation of his actions, and I think it's the wrong one. I think he's town, and that his thought process is legit.
Then why would you say things like that he might look bad or even mention him in the first place? I asked you who you were looking at this phase and you threw in Dietz for some reason. If you're telling me you town-read him you should have just spit that out but instead you're tip-toeing around your own stances and it's blatantly gross. There's a term I haven't heard in a long time that fits the way you're playing right now, and it's that you're trying to create backdoors for yourself. There's no reason for you to go on about negative pointers about JD if you don't think there is anything negative about him.

#HBC | ѕoup

We should go this direction instead. I know LawnRake has his case but I doubt anything PJB could say at the moment could get me to change my mind. I think his commitment to Circus is fishy anyways and it's possible they're aligned. I know I said I was going to be patient with my vote but there's legitimate reason to dislike and want PJB gone right now.

Vote: PJB

Top Bottom