• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Lol, my post was completely ignored, probably because it's off-topic, but regardless, it's awesome. :(
Badadadada I'm loving it. Just saw you post! AWESOME! MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE! Jk, but how awesome would it be to have mario vs ronald mcdonald! XD

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Scyther would work, but he's not evolved. ;_; Ah screw that. That leaves two candidates for grass.

A third PT with that team would be great Tsuyoshio.

The reason I wouldn't want to use Chikorita is because it's always on all fours, which seems to present a problem in fighters (seeing as there is an absence of them), is very, very small, and really all I could see doing with it is leaf attacks. Of course I'm probably just being very biased since I don't really have any interest in it. :p
Uh, Ivysaur? -w- Also, Chikorita has vines too X3
And Scyther isn't Grass... though I'd love to see Scyther over Link X3 or maybe Scizor! :D

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Feraligatr, Blaziken, Chikorita. I don't care if those aren't the same evolution trio setup, I want those myself. :<
Maybe we could team up then .... i kno blaziken is already being made by someone but the others are good

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Scyther would work, but he's not evolved. ;_; Ah screw that. That leaves two candidates for grass.

A third PT with that team would be great Tsuyoshio.

The reason I wouldn't want to use Chikorita is because it's always on all fours, which seems to present a problem in fighters (seeing as there is an absence of them), is very, very small, and really all I could see doing with it is leaf attacks. Of course I'm probably just being very biased since I don't really have any interest in it. :p
I think the PT trainers we use should use all fully evolved IMO. But hey I know it might not be that easy. So maybe if you guys need some help I could try something. But other than that good luck guys~ ^-^

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I think the PT trainers we use should use all fully evolved IMO. But hey I know it might not be that easy. So maybe if you guys need some help I could try something. But other than that good luck guys~ ^-^
I would much appreciate ur help im just tryna figure out how fast i can get the models and which pokemon will go where

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
How about a Team Rocket one? With vertice hacks and all. Houndoom, Dragonite, etc. I dunno, lol. Perhaps give them some cool items,a s well, such as glasses, spike arm bands, etc.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
How about a Team Rocket one? With vertice hacks and all. Houndoom, Dragonite, etc. I dunno, lol. Perhaps give them some cool items,a s well, such as glasses, spike arm bands, etc.
Intresting idea but who would represent the pkmn trainer himself a grunt?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I don't know what's freakier - that he was given a muscular build, or that he was put into those dreaded poses. xD

Jigiba

Smash Rookie
Rampage: Total Destruction goes in "List of known games that DO NOT have MDL0 files"

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Hm... so far I've been getting darkrai working just fine over pika after adding just 20 bones, except... the textures keep randomly changing and none of them are right ;_;

Not sure if the rest of you that have been having texture problems have also been having the texture randomly change, but I've seen at least four different versions so far... an almost pitch black version, another black version with a more purplish hue, a red and yellow version (this actually looks really cool and I think I'm gonna take a snapshot of it for future reference as an alt costume) and a much lighter version of the red/yellow one.

Gonna try a few more things and I'll get back to you guys if I find a fix.

edit: Guess I should say "mostly working" on pika, since I still get some random freezes after giving him proper TopN and TransN bones...

edit2: Guess the game hates me, since I can't seem to get the red/yellow one again outside of training mode...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hm... so far I've been getting darkrai working just fine over pika after adding just 20 bones, except... the textures keep randomly changing and none of them are right ;_;

Not sure if the rest of you that have been having texture problems have also been having the texture randomly change, but I've seen at least three different versions so far... an almost pitch black version, a red and yellow version (this actually looks really cool and I think I'm gonna take a snapshot of it for future reference as an alt costume) and a much lighter version of the red/yellow one.

Gonna try a few more things and I'll get back to you guys if I find a fix.
The Devil does that... really funky looking.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Ive decided on putting Grovyle as the 2nd evelution i just need a model and need to figure out how to make custom animations

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Alright, well, I've at least figured out what's happening with the texture problem: It seems to only happen in training mode, but what's happening is that it's stealing the palette data from the other character on screen. You'll actually get different results depending on who the opponent is. It's pretty funny seeing mario's denim on darkrai's head and tail.

Will update once I test out a few possible fixes. I somehow get the feeling it'll be really simple.

Fen__

Smash Ace
You know what's great? Using the "MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games" thread to talk about MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I'm able to get Blaziken's animations working, but I can't save the .brres. It either says "the file is being used by another program", which it's NOT, or "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key." The parameter name error corrupts the whole file.

T_T

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm able to get Blaziken's animations working, but I can't save the .brres. It either says "the file is being used by another program", which it's NOT, or "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key." The parameter name error corrupts the whole file.

T_T
You'll need to give every animation a name and get rid of everything that isn't an animation.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
You'll need to give every animation a name and get rid of everything that isn't an animation.
That isn't the main problem though.

Yo mang, for one, send me Blaziken's model and animations. ;_;

Two, you need to change all unknowns on the right when looking at a CHR0 to ZERO (0).

I didn't listen when someone told me that; BIG mistake.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I tried changing all the Unknowns to 0, but the model wouldn't even preview when I did that. It only works if I leave the Unknowns at what they are... I'll try it again, though.

EDIT: I still get the same "Value cannot be null" error.

EDIT 2: Going to bed, I'll fix it tomorrow. T.T

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I tried changing all the Unknowns to 0, but the model wouldn't even preview when I did that. It only works if I leave the Unknowns at what they are... I'll try it again, though.

Did you change the frame count to a high number?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this applies to all chr0's and not only ones from Bleach - Versus Crusade, but make the Frame Count 1000, Unknown 1 0, Unknown 2 1, and leave Unknown 3 what it is, if it's a 0 or a 1. You can reduce the Frame Count to its correct number when previewing it.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman

Who is blazekin going over?

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can find a model of grovyle if anyone who has pokepark could get it for me i would love them o.o

EDIT 2: After i get pictures is it ok if i make a thread about this

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
GRsgHgfcvdgggggghaaaaaaaaaa
HOW MANY BONES DOES GIBLE HAVE!

if its enough to put on a character, i would appreciate it if someone sent me the model
lol now it doesn't matter how many bones the original MDL0 had. With fortwaffles addbone program, you can add enough bones to put it over almost any character (well, at least on some of them...)

Top Bottom