• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chu beating logic tells me anthony doesn't care as much anymore, and chu does.

Really looking forward to practice tonight for both games.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Segaull and Omni - First of all Seguall u secondary mk and play him in dubs every time i see u playing it.

But that wasn't my point. U obviously are discrediting Chu's point cuz he had a kirby and luigi. It's implied u think that their should be higher tier characters in those places. It's not all about character. It's about the player behind the character.

Sorry if I misread yer comment but this is the internet buddy

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
When you have a very high competition level and active region it is about the character moreso than it is the player. If you believe otherwise than I think you're being a bit naive.

Deez.

Smash Lord
blah blah blah... MD/VA compared to other regions is actually pathetic when you look at other regions top players.. >_>. Can't think of one person in our region who can beat Wyatt...nor Atmosk. Shrugg #Jussayin

Once again excluding June.. ^_^

Omni

BRoomer
Best players dropped from the race or are just constant on/off'ers. That's all.

Omni

BRoomer
This is true...:mad: I still wanted that omni practice too..

Wait, from our region or just in general?
From our region.

Most other regions still have a hold of their top players.

We have inconsistent Junebug (attendance-wise). Lost Candy, Chillin, Azen, and Meep. Chu for a while. I quit and comeback all the time (although this time it is permanent). NEO and Coney do as they pleases. Takeover is busy. Deez is skilled but doesn't show up to tournaments enough.

Which leaves Lie, PS, and Seagull.

Coney

Smash Master
I mean, I still play but I'm not really looking to be best anymore. My hope is that I'll just main Ness and use DDD on stupid matchups like PT and Marth.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Seagull - Good job placing 1st at an NC tournament where nobody good went :grin:. Stingrs is good, but not national level. Also, you know Logic said something similar to what you said and I beat him last weekend LOL. I'm pretty sure you've probably learned to forward air better, and that's it.

Mekos - Yup :)

Tant - Thanks for that "warm" welcome LOL :grin:

Omni - It's been proven that it's about the player and not the character. Look at who you're talking to! Esam is another example. Didn't you get down tilted into up-bd? LOL for shame.

Deez - It looks like you hopped off Boss' nuts and hopped on Junes... kinda disgusting. Boss has beaten Wyatt before and I've beaten Atomsk. Coney almost beat M2K, Lie did work at Pound 5, Seagull goes to NC and wins, ect. We're good. I'd like to see someone like Orion or Bizkit come down and take one of our tournaments. They would get destroyed!

Omni 2 - Hmm.. I blame the lack of chu. Things will get much more interesting with me around :grin:.

falco03

Smash Lord
chudat is right. tbh honest we are like the best riegion with mk banned.

people who are good

chu
logic
myself
boss
omni
coney

these people named can do work if they all practiced together

thats it

luckay noid and pink fresh have potiential

Deez.

Smash Lord
Seagull - Good job placing 1st at an NC tournament where nobody good went :grin:. Stingrs is good, but not national level. Also, you know Logic said something similar to what you said and I beat him last weekend LOL. I'm pretty sure you've probably learned to forward air better, and that's it.

Omni - It's been proven that it's about the player and not the character. Look at who you're talking to! Esam is another example. Didn't you get down tilted into up-bd? LOL for shame.

Deez - It looks like you hopped off Boss' nuts and hopped on Junes... kinda disgusting. Boss has beaten Wyatt before and I've beaten Atomsk. Coney almost beat M2K, Lie did work at Pound 5, Seagull goes to NC and wins, ect. We're good. I'd like to see someone like Orion or Bizkit come down and take one of our tournaments. They would get destroyed!

Omni 2 - Hmm.. I blame the lack of chu. Things will get much more interesting with me around :grin:.

Lol. I'm just simply stating the fact that our region isn't good anymore like Omni said... Boss beat Wyatt doubt that happens everrrr again. The way Boss mindset about diddy is hilarious hed give up in first minute of the match.

And Coney came close to M2k because M2k didn't know how to play DDD. he seriously thought he coulda nado or scrooge his way to win... then he find out that a DDD with a brain is annoying as ****.

June just seems to prove himself when it counts.. not saying others don't but when you look at the skill gap between our best n other best you see why Id say our region isn't that tough.

Chu- your kirby is real basic nothing special at all.. don't get it twisted bruh. your still dumb as a rock.

Lie- I like how you mention the people who are obviously good..we all know whos good. but you act like people don't get better.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
yo, anyone want a ride to vengeance? just me, logic, lie & luckay, looking for 1, maybe 2 if lie can't go.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
When you have a very high competition level and active region it is about the character moreso than it is the player. If you believe otherwise than I think you're being a bit naive.
@Omni - I really really like u as a person but people like u and logic's mentality who seem to base everything off of tests and statistics need to develop the will of fire and chill with yer data sometimes. At true high level play it is about who is outsmarting the other player because the skill is around the same level. Yer wrong. If yer playing at real high level play u would know this. For example, the only mk I have ever lost to in months is Nairo and that was a very long time ago. Based on yer logic every high level mk should beat me(a lucas/low tier. But because I can do something called reading your opponent and mind games I can win.

Keep up with tourney results. Based on yer logic this should never happen. A lucas beating a marth that knows the matchup. I did it twice last saturday. It was so tuff but I used strong mental strength and didn't crack the whole set. I read my opponents habits, kept up perfect spacing, and kept to my strat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tqdB2K_69I&feature=relmfu

I've beaten every top marth except for Neo.
Again, singles smash is purely a mental game at high level play and if u don't know this yer being naive my friend.

@Chudat - yer right haha. Seagull has never won when Esam or I have been there. Surprised if he beat Kadaj. Seems he just beat Stingers by yer comment.
@Seagull - my bad dude hahahaah

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Seagull - Good job placing 1st at an NC tournament where nobody good went :grin:. Stingers is good, but not national level. Also, you know Logic said something similar to what you said and I beat him last weekend LOL. I'm pretty sure you've probably learned to forward air better, and that's it.

Logic forgets matchups. I do not.

When did I go to Nc and win? This weekend? I didn't even go cause I spent time with my gf instead.

>Win 8 man local, but not make it to bracket at Apex :awesome:.
@Chudat - yer right haha. Seagull has never won when Esam or I have been there. Surprised if he beat Kadaj. Seems he just beat Stingers by yer comment.
Huh...? The last Nc tournament I went to I got 3rd losing to Esam and Player-1 (Who I beat to get to 3rd). I've only ever attended one tourney that you guys were both at back in September. Otherwise, I haven't had time to attend your locals lmao.

I've beaten Kadaj every time we've played since January 2011 (Including September when I was there). And I've beaten Stingers in a MM back in March 2011. That's the last time I played Stingers.

You were at the tourney this weekend. How could I have been there if you never saw me!

:018:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Siding with Mekos and players who still have spirit in this game. Doesn't matter what character you use if you can do great things with them. Deez, chu is great. Kirby doesn't look special because he is like the most basic character in the game LOL and chu just proved he can still beat top players in the region using Kirby.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
chudat is right. tbh honest we are like the best riegion with mk banned.

people who are good

chu
logic
myself
boss
omni
coney

these people named can do work if they all practiced together

thats it

luckay noid and pink fresh have potiential
I don't have potential. You're just a ****ing book and I don't understand how people lose to you.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
@Omni - I really really like u as a person but people like u and logic's mentality who seem to base everything off of tests and statistics need to develop the will of fire and chill with yer data sometimes. At true high level play it is about who is outsmarting the other player because the skill is around the same level. Yer wrong. If yer playing at real high level play u would know this. For example, the only mk I have ever lost to in months is Nairo and that was a very long time ago. Based on yer logic every high level mk should beat me(a lucas/low tier. But because I can do something called reading your opponent and mind games I can win.

Keep up with tourney results. Based on yer logic this should never happen. A lucas beating a marth that knows the matchup. I did it twice last saturday. It was so tuff but I used strong mental strength and didn't crack the whole set. I read my opponents habits, kept up perfect spacing, and kept to my strat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tqdB2K_69I&feature=relmfu

I've beaten every top marth except for Neo.
Again, singles smash is purely a mental game at high level play and if u don't know this yer being naive my friend.

What top MKs have you beaten?

And you should not be posting your win over Kadaj in the MD/VA thread of all threads. LMFAO

*double post, my bad, I forgot how to post on forums. I should have edited my last post. >.>*

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Noid - I never claimed to beat top level mks. I said that I haven't lost to a mk at high level play especially sense my power level has increased. I don't want to hurt people's feelings because I don't know if they are considered top level u know. But if u truly care look at any tourney I've been too in the past 6 months and u will see I haven't lost to one mk. The top ones like m2k, anti, ally, I have unfortunately never got the chance to play in tourney. Nairo is prob the only top level(by top level I mean top 5 mk by that thread lol) and our set was pretty awesome. But at high level play again I've beaten plenty in tourney, mms, and friendlies. I'm confident in the matchup. I go even with m2k in friendlies now and I used to just get demolished by him around the genesis 2 time. I beat Kekara at apex in friendlies.

But my point still stands. I'm not hear trying to boast my wins. I'm trying to say Omni's logic that it's the character over player is terribly wrong. <----- main point
Please try to comprehend my point Noid and not make something not what it is. I know it's the internet so things may be misinterpreted

@Seagull - My bad bro I was just going off of what Chu said. And good stuff! I didn't know u bodied Kadaj like that. Go Wolf player!!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
@Noid - I never claimed to beat top level mks. I said that I haven't lost to a mk at high level play especially sense my power level has increased.

For example, the only mk I have ever lost to in months is Nairo and that was a very long time ago. Based on yer logic every high level mk should beat me(a lucas/low tier. But because I can do something called reading your opponent and mind games I can win.
If you honestly can't see how everyone else in this thread would interpret your posts, you need help.

And on that note, you've made absolutely no point. You can't lose to top lvl MKs if you haven't played any. If you haven't played any, you can't argue against the fact that "every high level MK should beat a low tier."

No one gives any ****s about your friendlies record.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
ugh this guy. u didn't read that top level i guess is top 5 in the top 5 thread. I haven't had the chance to play them in tourney but yer a results is everything kinda guy...so no point in talking to u.

U can be high skill and not considered top level. Is Omni someone u would consider high in skill? See how that question can hurt his feelings how u answer. I didn't want to go their with players. Now answer that. Actually u don't have too. U always twist people's words and look for small details to defuse what they are saying instead of getting the general statement. I'm not gonna grammar check for u or make sure my paragraph is good for u. Sorry. This is just a forum.

lol this guy is so full of it. Instead of him trying to understand my main point and debate it. He is just nitpicking at my reasoning. Even if my reasoning is wrong others have agreed that my main point is correct. So move on and agree with it or state while u feel it is wrong. Chudat and Luckay have both agreed with it. Stop being a **** for once in yer life. By the way I've beaten all the top level marths I've played in mm or tourney except for Neo. So there u go for a point. (Mike Haze, Zex, and Kadaj). U forgot that I wrote that.

So do u think it is character over player or player over character at high level play? Or just continue to be a **** lol.

Actually Noid I apologize. I realize that is just yer personality (not being mean). In the DISK profile I'm a high I(we don't focus on details...just the big picture and were people friendly). And u obviously are an S or K. I don't need to come at u like that. I actually try to implement what I learn in life and we all have to learn how to communicate with different types of personalities.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Welp, glad to see this thread active at least! Didn't even know half of the smashers posting now were alive.

Omni

BRoomer
lol @ me having feelings; im a real talk dude

my MK is *** and i still manage to take top 3 consistently in this region.

chu ur giving us too much credit. of course the player behind the character is important but when we attend nationals we do not put in dents. we havent done so in a long time and our only accomplishments are... what? beating NC? lol. going to Ohio and losing to Nicole? sometimes beating Ohio? we're not really strong, dude. we're gimmicky as ****. we've got

- junebug: who's amazing especially with mk but lucario is a novelty character
- you: kirby is novelty
- boss: novelty
- lie: solid cookie cutter diddy play
- ps: above average olimar that is stuck behind a peak plataeu
- neo: dgaf and if he really gave a **** for a long enough time hed prolly do better at Nationals but he's a rapper
- me: somehow still capable of placing well despite never really increasing in skill for over two years

take us all to Apex and im positive that only Junebug has a chance of cracking top 12. i dont put in the time. kirby/luigi have bad matchups. lie will lose to a random novelty character like yoshi or something. ps will lose to a random mk really badly and blame it on tripping. and neo idk neo wont enter, lol.

Coney

Smash Master
MD/VA: the region full of people that will beat you once by surprise, twice if you're not careful, but rarely ever three times.

Anyone that loses to MD/VA's decent non-top tiers (me, Chu, Boss and maybe even Noid) usually makes the mistake of trying to fight us straight up, and our characters are good at that. But when people play the game how it's supposed to be played, we fold.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
MD/VA: the region full of people that will beat you once by surprise, twice if you're not careful, but rarely ever three times.

Anyone that loses to MD/VA's decent non-top tiers (me, Chu, Boss and maybe even Noid) usually makes the mistake of trying to fight us straight up, and our characters are good at that. But when people play the game how it's supposed to be played, we fold.
Amen father Zak.

:018:

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I gave up MK too. I might use him once in a while for certain matchups but I feel pretty comfortable using DK and Ness exclusively

We'll see if i feel like using others but those two are fun

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
wth I don't get why u guys clown each other so much. U guys are obviously better than MW. Doesn't lie and logic travel there and win alot of the time.
They seem to travel only to where they know they have guaranteed money.

This is obviously why they don't come to NC anymore. They aren't gonna beat me and esam in dubs. And they won't beat esam in singles. So their splitting days are over in NC u know.
Logic could take singles before but not with esam here now.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
That's just how they are mekos lol. Logic dropped lie for vengeance and now lie probably won't go because he isn't guaranteed to do well in doubles even though its midwest.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
i think MD/VA became more of a social network of just people getting together and playing rather than being competitive like it was a few years ago. SC2 & LoL basically killed MDVA's smash scene and with Kenny cancelling Epic of Woodbridge permanently, was the nail into the coffin.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
well coney :dedede: vs mr.r, leon, and gluttony. is like 80% of the work already done.
If you think it's that simple/guaranteed sure LOL. like.

Gluttony has a Falco
Mr.R has a MK
We have players with other characters that counter DDD

DDD vs Marth/Wario is gay but definitely not an auto win. Especially at high level play like this. I think coney can beat any of these players using their mains and not just whoring out DDD, but realistically it's never that easy using a subpar character. I think Coney would agree.

Top Bottom