• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Maybe an exclusive Smash Circle Pad Pro?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
We are probably all familiar with the Circle pad pro. Many have stated it should be compatible with SSBN3DS. I defiantly agree, and also thought, shouldn't smash have a newly designed Circle pad pro? Recently Monster Hunters 4 is compatible with a newly deigned Circle pad pro:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...elease_in_japan_sees_new_circle_pad_accessory
If they get an exclusive new designed Circle pad pro, shouldn't smash?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Wait, are both circle pads on the left side? That seems.. Odd.

But a grip like that with the second circle pad on the right would be awesome, I hope Smash3ds gets one.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It'd be cool, but I can live without c-stick-like controls. :rolleyes:
Not to say I wouldn't get it if it actually happened.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I still don't understand the obsession this community have with C-stick. I can play perfectly without it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still don't understand the obsession this community have with C-stick. I can play perfectly without it.
It's not that the game is unplayable without it, it's just a nice extra input method.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's personal preference, everyone has their own way of playing. I play without it as well but it seems that those that have mastered the c-stick play generally better.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
It has nothing to do with obsession, it's someones opinion. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to play with what they enjoy using. If there was any obsession in these forums it would probably center around people hating on those that express their controller preference.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
There's one thing that's been keeping me from caring about the Circle Pad Pro at all, and would like to know if it's true or not. Is the CPP limited to the 3DS XL, or are there official, Nintendo-licensed CPPs for the regular 3DS?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, same. Players with Circle Pad Pro installed in their 3DS consoles could easily have an advantage over non-Circle Pad Pro players.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
I don't see the point of having a second analog pad to begin with. Smash isn't a dual analog game and from what I've heard, the C-Stick substitute for the 3DS version is the touch pad. I can understand a grip accessory, though.

Gridelin

Smash Rookie
I don't see the point of having a second analog pad to begin with. Smash isn't a dual analog game and from what I've heard, the C-Stick substitute for the 3DS version is the touch pad. I can understand a grip accessory, though.
I'd guess for the same reason that they brought back the Gamecube controller even though there are other controllers that offer the same/more options; because people are used to playing that way.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
I'd guess for the same reason that they brought back the Gamecube controller even though there are other controllers that offer the same/more options; because people are used to playing that way.
But you can't possibly replicate the controller schematics of the gamecube controller onto the 3DS. The Gamecube Controller option returning on the Wii U was more or less a must, considering it was, no doubtingly, nintendo's best controller and smash would definitely not be smash without it.

Having played Monster Hunter, I can see why a circle pad pro would be necessary, but also having played smash, I think it's fair to say that a second circle pad is close to redundant.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Here's how I think it should be modeled:
1. Have the 2nd circle pad lower
2. Maybe have the shape like a controller like the Monter Hunter 4 one?
3. Everything else from the original CPP should stay the same (so basically the extra button in the back)

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The only thing I ever used the C-stick for was being able to use down aerials without unintentionally fast falling, which I can live without and work around. That said, I don't see a downside to providing support for the CPP. It seems like it'd be relatively simple and make a lot of people happy.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, apart from quick smash attacks the CPP's second circle pad can be used to zoom in/out and the extra button in the back can be used for grabs so the L and R can be used to shield. That way, it can feel more like a console controller.

Last edited:

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Yeah, same. Players with Circle Pad Pro installed in their 3DS consoles could easily have an advantage over non-Circle Pad Pro players.
When brawl came out they made it nunchuk compatble and classic controller compatible and not everyone had those at that time and just a wii remote with limited controls.

SweatshirtSwordsman.

Smash Rookie
I only use the C-stick for behind Fsmashes, and USmashes. I'd be happy with being able to use the d-pad, for smash inputs. (It would be awkward at first, but I could probably get used to it.) I don't think it's that necessary, mainly because most of the beginning audience used the Wiimote for Brawl. Most of them probably don't even own a GC controller. The demand isn't high enough for Nintendo to manufacture one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I only use the C-stick for behind Fsmashes, and USmashes. I'd be happy with being able to use the d-pad, for smash inputs. (It would be awkward at first, but I could probably get used to it.) I don't think it's that necessary, mainly because most of the beginning audience used the Wiimote for Brawl. Most of them probably don't even own a GC controller. The demand isn't high enough for Nintendo to manufacture one.
using the d pad as a c stick is a pretty good idea. The taunts could just go on the touch screen, that would be a little easier anyways

SweatshirtSwordsman.

Smash Rookie
using the d pad as a c stick is a pretty good idea. The taunts could just go on the touch screen, that would be a little easier anyways
I contemplated this the second I heard about the release, and came to that reasoning. The Circle Pad is much to bulky, and useless for everything else. I also don't use taunts at all, but I'm doubting that you'll be able to put controls on the touch screen because the %'s and game info is down there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, I see, but wouldn't be that difficult? I mean, using the Circle Pad, the A button, and the D-Pad all at the same time?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It would be nice to get one but we don't need it so probably won't get one.
I know a LOT of people who would want to use a CPP for smash.
Taunts probably couldn't use the touch pad, if anything maybe quick smash attacks could be a+d-pad so you just use d-pad for taunts.
(Or, of course regular smash attacks could just be used using a+d-pad, but that's for another subject)

Last edited:

SweatshirtSwordsman.

Smash Rookie
I know a LOT of people who would want to use a CPP for smash.

Taunts probably couldn't use the touch pad, if anything maybe quick smash attacks could be a+d-pad so you just use d-pad for taunts.
(Or, of course regular smash attacks could just be used using a+d-pad, but that's for another subject)
Taunts aren't particularly useful, and in the Brawl custom controls, you weren't required to have every control usable. (This is just assuming we have custom controls) If your thumb is big enough, you should be able to use the middle of your thumb to press on the d-pad.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I doubt there'd be any kind of accessory that would really match the feel of a C-Stick, so I'll likely turn off tap-jump for my UAirs and call it a day there. Though I wouldn't mind seeing an exclusive accessory or some sort of compatibility for those who do desire it.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I see, but wouldn't be that difficult? I mean, using the Circle Pad, the A button, and the D-Pad all at the same time?
it really depends on how you use the c stick, if you use it for only aerials, like i do, then it shouldn't be very difficlut

D

Deleted member

I can live without it, lol.
Same, I mean, while an option for CPP compability is a great idea, like I said before, users with CPP installed would have an advantage over non-CPP players, and Sakurai is trying to make the game play with the original 3DS controls, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Same, I mean, while an option for CPP compability is a great idea, like I said before, users with CPP installed would have an advantage over non-CPP players, and Sakurai is trying to make the game play with the original 3DS controls, so I doubt it'll ever happen.
*nods*

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Like I said, also the CPP has that extra button in the back so it can have more of the original smash controls.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Like GameCube Kid said, didn't some Brawl players have the advantage in some online play if they had an easier controller?

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Some people are better without it than with it. I used to suck at using the classic controller and more used to the wii remote only because I was so used to using the D-Pad.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Personally, I think it's because the GameCube controllers is one of the best designed controllers of all time. So intuitive, so ergonomic, so easy to use...

That said, I'd rather avoid the circle pad pro. The C Stick was nice, but I didn't think Smash needed it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
We are probably all familiar with the Circle pad pro. Many have stated it should be compatible with SSBN3DS. I defiantly agree, and also thought, shouldn't smash have a newly designed Circle pad pro? Recently Monster Hunters 4 is compatible with a newly deigned Circle pad pro:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...elease_in_japan_sees_new_circle_pad_accessory
If they get an exclusive new designed Circle pad pro, shouldn't smash?
Hori made that, not Nintendo. I doubt we'll get an official SSB CPP.

Wiimotes were definitely at a disadvantage.

I'm pretty sure the CPP will be supported because that would mean certain things would be impossible on the 3DS. The pivoting technique, for example. It'd be such a simple thing to implement now that Sakurai knows about it. And after the debacle with KIU, it's pretty much a given that it'll be used.

Top Bottom