• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Maybe an exclusive Smash Circle Pad Pro?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
If it's not a Wiimote + Nunchuk input method, I don't need to bother. :urg:

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
actually i dont care for a circle pad plus i have been practicing with a classic controller since its closer to the 3ds controls

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
A circle pad pro would be amazing as a bargain for a C Stick for Smash attacks and a Grip. I hope there is support for it in the new Smash Bros.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, maybe somehow it could be GameCube styled? I have a good idea for something like that but can't really put it into words...

Last edited:

krakkenchaos

Smash Rookie
I always thought that using the C stick was heavily frowned upon. I never had a problem with it, but I thought most people considered it to be the equivalent of training wheels. I guess I really am new to this community.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
And if it hasn't been announced by now, it won't happen. It's just 2close to the Japanese release.
Maybe it'll come out after release?
If not, maybe Sakurai will at least give us regular CPP compatibility or some update that'll give it to us.

D

Deleted member

I always thought that using the C stick was heavily frowned upon. I never had a problem with it, but I thought most people considered it to be the equivalent of training wheels. I guess I really am new to this community.
I think most people frown upon using c stick for anything but aerials

D

Deleted member

No, it lets you use smashes without charging. Well, before SSB4 came along.
most of the people who i play with that consider themselves competitive usually use the left stick and a simultaneously to use a smash, and just release before it charges. And it's literally the same speed, for me at least, to using a c stick. They have even told me that the only thing that will be uncomfortable for 3ds is not having the c stick for aerials.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
most of the people who i play with that consider themselves competitive usually use the left stick and a simultaneously to use a smash, and just release before it charges. And it's literally the same speed, for me at least, to using a c stick. They have even told me that the only thing that will be uncomfortable for 3ds is not having the c stick for aerials.
The 3ds version will actually put your skills to the test to see if you're a pro who doesn't need the c-stick.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's just for consistency. There's absolutely no chance of accidentally charging with the C-stick before.

The 3ds version will actually put your skills to the test to see if you're a pro who doesn't need the c-stick.
The Circle Pad Pro? Without it, there's stuff that's literally impossible to do, namely the pivot tech.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I think it adds too much bulk to the system, especially during Smash. I can live without the c-stick for a month or so.

D

Deleted member

The Circle Pad Pro? Without it, there's stuff that's literally impossible to do, namely the pivot tech.
There's just no smash attack pivot cancel, there is still normal pivot cancel, and I see that tech as more of a spacing maneuver, so you shouldn't really need a smash. Just uses the normal attack to apply damage

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
There's just no smash attack pivot cancel, there is still normal pivot cancel, and I see that tech as more of a spacing maneuver, so you shouldn't really need a smash. Just uses the normal attack to apply damage
Still doesn't justify the lack of a second circle pad. I'm pretty confident that the CPP will be fully supported after KIU.

D

Deleted member

Still doesn't justify the lack of a second circle pad. I'm pretty confident that the CPP will be fully supported after KIU.
But KIU didn't support dual circle pads. It supported CPP for a left grip, but I'm almost positive it didn't allow for twin stick control

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But KIU didn't support dual circle pads. It supported CPP for a left grip, but I'm almost positive it didn't allow for twin stick control
It could support one of the two analog sticks, but not both. Sakurai didn't hear about the thing until KIU was basically done, and couldn't spare CPU usage. He's obviously heard about it now, and GC support was a pretty big thing, don't you think? There's no reason not to support it.

D

Deleted member

It could support one of the two analog sticks, but not both. Sakurai didn't hear about the thing until KIU was basically done, and couldn't spare CPU usage. He's obviously heard about it now, and GC support was a pretty big thing, don't you think? There's no reason not to support it.
I'm not really against the circle pad, since there are people who really like to use it, I'm just saying its not really a necessary accessory.
And there isn't a 2ds CPP (I hate to think how big that one would be). So I don't see CPP support unless a 2ds one is made

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not really against the circle pad, since there are people who really like to use it, I'm just saying its not really a necessary accessory.
And there isn't a 2ds CPP (I hate to think how big that one would be). So I don't see CPP support unless a 2ds one is made
Nintendo is working on it from what I hear. It's really only the hardcores who'll use a CPP anyway, and most prefer 3DSXLs.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I just go full rage mode when I see people complaining about the lack of a C-Stick for the 3DS, or a C-Stick substitute, it obviously shows you don't give a **** about the Gamecube controller and just want a bloody C-Stick.

M-Muh competitive aerials tho m-mu-mu-mu!
Deal with it like you had to with N64 Smash

D

Deleted member

I just go full rage mode when I see people complaining about the lack of a C-Stick for the 3DS, or a C-Stick substitute, it obviously shows you don't give a **** about the Gamecube controller and just want a bloody C-Stick.

M-Muh competitive aerials tho m-mu-mu-mu!
Deal with it like you had to with N64 Smash
This. I haven't used a c stick in months, mostly because my classic controller broke and i have to use a wiimote and nunchuck, but i also play a lot of 64 smash. The c stick is not needed once you play a little bit without it.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
I think this confirms no c sticking if you go on smash website. and click 3ds you see some updates and see basic controls and I see nothing about circle pad pro or c sticking

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Oh well, I'll adapt. Or if it's that big an issue, just use it for Smash Run once the U version is out.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
For me it does not bother me because I never used the c stick so I think I can get that down pretty fast

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's whatever, we'll have it on the Wii U version and everybody will be limited on the 3DS. I personally might consider using Little Mac on the 3DS because his aerials suck anyways and thats what I mostly used the C-stick for.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Well someone brought up the idea of a smash button and I rather like that idea. One button for smashes and one for regular attacks.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Interesting..
Indeed.........
And I like your singnature@★•Star_Lee•★ !

I am OK without the C-stick or second circle pad mechanic, and it seems that you can also charge by just keep titling the C-stick on the Wii U, so it is not a big deal actually.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Everything on that page is phrased to mention both 3DS and Wii U versions, the latter of which we know has c stick functionality. This really doesn't confirm it one way or the other. Could be that Sakurai felt that was a bit beyond what he would consider "basic" controls.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Everything on that page is phrased to mention both 3DS and Wii U versions, the latter of which we know has c stick functionality. This really doesn't confirm it one way or the other. Could be that Sakurai felt that was a bit beyond what he would consider "basic" controls.
Hopely just like Brawl we can adjust the button controls, may be I can swap the B button and Y button controls and maybe change the:GCDpad:controls into smash attacks,grabs or speciak attacks.(The Wii U version enough said got to have this)

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't really deconfirm it. These are just the standard controls. And plus, when you get a CPP and you can customize controls, I'm 100% sure you can set the CPP or quick smashes.

It would be nice if you could use the 3D slider for quick smashes. lol

Top Bottom