• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 31, 2014] Absolute Gaming Presents :: Jax Runbacks (VENUE CHANGE) (Jacksonville , FL)

br4n

Smash Apprentice
Absolute Gaming Presents :: Jax Runbacks
8595 Beach Blvd #326
Jacksonville, FL 32216

https://www.facebook.com/events/1419684501614733/1420163571566826/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

PLEASE PREREG

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xW7vZ9c4iS2ZUfetVYyKdPOs54joRV3JOrZUtbaRLSk/viewform

Time:Venue opens at 11:00 A.M
Tournament will start at 12:00 P.M

Entry Fee:
$10 Venue Fee (free with set up)
$10 Entry Fee (per game)

60/30/10 payout for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectfully.
Games
Melee
Brawl
Project Melee
SF4AE
MvC3
Tekken
Blazblue

Tournament rules
Melee:
4 Stocks
8 Minutes
Best of 3
No items
Wobbling is legal

Starter maps:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land 64

Counter-picks:
Pokémon Stadium

https://www.facebook.com/events/1419684501614733/1420163571566826/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

The Jax scene has been growing in a big way lately. Come out and support our first major event.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Please put the Atl. South tag on this tournament so people in the region can actually find it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Brawl and AE at the same tourney? In that case I have to make it out

Jax down to hang out this tourney weekend?

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Well then, if that's the case, I'll assemble my Orlando crew and we'll show you Jax boys how it's done. :D

Also, I'll bring a set up cause I'm all about saving money. Would it be fine if my set up uses TheytahK's Build?

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Need a ride.

If someone can pls halp me DX

And $15 venue fee. Ouch O_o

OMFGIUOEWHTIWUOEGH

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Can we have Mario Kart 64 as a $5 side event?

Edit: Super Smash Bros for N64 too?

Does the venue open at 8 or 8:30?
does the tourneys start 10 or 10:30.

Oh, and ifMK64 happens, post it on a site called Mariokart64.com in its respective forum.

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Need a ride.

If someone can pls halp me DX

And $15 venue fee. Ouch O_o

OMFGIUOEWHTIWUOEGH

bring a setup then :laugh:

Also why would a Mario Kart tourney be added? I mean, this is a fighting game event. And mario kart is hype, but doesnt actually fit

D

Deleted member

Newbie here, what all does a setup entail for Melee? Just a GC/Wii, cables, disc, and a controller?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
bring a setup then :laugh:

Also why would a Mario Kart tourney be added? I mean, this is a fighting game event. And mario kart is hype, but doesnt actually fit
Keith my tv is like as big as a Snorlax.

I'll bring a set up if someone with a truck can pick me up and it's not raining on this day.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
To this day, I have never seen a racing tourney(except for Mario Kart meets) before like I see fighting game tourneys. And yes, it doesn't fit, but wouldn't it be a nice breather from all the fighters? I love fighters but I want MK64 to get a little time in the sun too.

But since we have the other Smash games, Super Smash Bros N64 should get something too. I might enter it just for laughs.(But probably not.)

@nateify
Bring a set-up means a tv(not a flat screen due to lag), the proper console(no hacks unless the TO thinks it is fine), the game in the console(duh), and wires for everything obviously.

Controllers are not included as a set-up because practically all video game tourneys expect you to bring your own controllers for everything you will be entering.
Called BYOC(bring your own controller).

@ br4n br4n
What are the rules for Brawl and PM? Did I miss them? Put them on this page, please and thank you.

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can pick any legal stage for your counterpick, so either of the starters or PS1

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
Also I think I might be coming. I could also bring Starfox: Assault for the people who want to take a break from P:M for a couple minutes. It's a great game to just chill too :) Hope I see you all soon.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what brawl players are attending this anyway? Just wondering who I'll see

PunkAaron

Smash Cadet
NNID
PunkAaron
Looking forward to this. Anybody know of any places to practice Project M near Palm Coast? Perhaps Daytona or St. Augustine?

br4n

Smash Apprentice
first post is updated with new venue information, due to some issues with unf we had to switch it up. that being said the venue fee has been dropped to 10$. prereg is up so go ahead and prereg if you havent yet.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xW7vZ9c4iS2ZUfetVYyKdPOs54joRV3JOrZUtbaRLSk/viewform

if anyone needs housing or anymore details feel free to contact me on facebook (brandon abdalla) or via text 203 709 0647. our last weekly had 20 people which is huge for jacksonville so your continued support is appreciated.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll be there, one ride or another. Lets get hype for some AE and brawl

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think I may go. I may have to resist Mario Kart 8's pull. That game is looking phenomenal.

@ SSBBDaisy SSBBDaisy If Ricky doesn't I'll give you a ride.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Mario Kart 8 comes out May 30th, the day before this tournament. So, if I go, the game will be sitting at home... Waiting for me to play it...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Theres a mario kart 8 tournament in Jacksonville at night, on this same date. So you could attend both

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Really? A Mario Kart 8 tournament? Crazy...

If that's the case: dibs on Wario and Lenny.

@ //JaZz\\ //JaZz\\ Oh it's you. I don't think we ever arranged our meet-up and it's been a year. And I don't think I've ever played you. But hi. Hope you make it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom