• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maximilian Presents: Assist Me! Super Smash Bros. 4

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Apparently Doctor Doom is Max's best friend now.

It's weird that Max used Doom in both the Smash and KI "Assist Me!" despite his lack of inclusion in said fighting games. I loved Max's version of Victor von Doom in the MvC3 "Assist Me!", but he's starting to become overused and out of place.

Oh, who am I kidding? Give that lovable dictator some more yogurt!
Doom is there regardless of the game now. That's Matt's character in these things.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I think Doom is as much of a reoccuring character as Max and Ammy are (Though oddly enough, Benny wasn't dressed as Amaterasu in that video and had the same voice he had in Max's SNK VS Capcom 2 Boss Rage video. Maybe in the Assist Me universe he has two dogs that happen to look identical?).

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
"While moving forward, press the jump button, then tap the opposite direction to face your character that way while jumping forward."
This is used to describe RAR. Isn't that wrong? RAR is jumping during a pivot, what he's describing is more just jumping straight up/backwards out of a dash.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
I learned a lot here, but I need to ask is changing the C stick to tilts worth it? I neglect tilts as I tend to Smash or dash attack instead.

Also this reverse rush air attack, I just can't do it. I jump, instantly hit the other direction but I just do air attack away from my opponent. Is timing really that strict?

And last of all is this series a one episode thing, or will he make more?

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I learned a lot here, but I need to ask is changing the C stick to tilts worth it? I neglect tilts as I tend to Smash or dash attack instead.

Also this reverse rush air attack, I just can't do it. I jump, instantly hit the other direction but I just do air attack away from my opponent. Is timing really that strict?

And last of all is this series a one episode thing, or will he make more?
Changing the stick to tilts isn't mandatory, it is just a preference thing. So use what is most comfortable for you.

As for this being a series beyond this one part? Who knows. This costs a lot of time and money for him to do, so it really depends. It looks like it will run for another episode or two longer, but no one can really tell for sure, due to how his past Assist Me series went.

S2

Smash Lord
These videos were great for Marvel. A nice balance of genuinely hilarious comedy with tutorials geared at newer players.

This is going to be some solid exposure for Smash towards the rest of the FGC and I'm looking forward to watching them.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
That ending was hilarious xD
Never thought Link would be Scottish when he first spoke! Lol

Cool video! I'd actually never heard of that reverse aerials technique before! I guess I better get practicing!

Top Bottom