• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion: Lucario

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No, I haven't played you yet Praxis, Although I still want that $5 MM I asked for.

After getting JV 2 stocked and 2 stocked, I SD but w/e, I really don't think I know how to face Peach like I thought.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
no he's just talking in prax.
the language where anything can be expressed in full detail in a matter of one sentence.

also i remember when playing lucario my attacks would collide with his aura balls at silly percents, the main one i remember is stopping a fully charged aura sphere when he was around 80-90% or so. do you guys have a chart of when your aura beats our moves?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250225

Vs. Aura Sphere.

Peach:
bair, weak hit:49(16)
nair, weak hit:91(20)
ftilt:91(20)
nair, strong hit:117(22)
bair, strong hit:129(23)
fair:142(24)

46% beats Peach's =) Turnip.
46% beats Peach's -.- Turnip.
46% beats Peach's ^o^ Turnip.
46% beats Peach's O.O Turnip.
89% beats Peach's >.o Turnip.
Can't beat Peach's stitchface Turnip.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
And yeah, Peach's float and second jump are the key to the MU honestly. You can just hop or float around Lucario's huge hitboxes and hit him anyway. Most people just don't understand the hitboxes to do this. Peach's second jump outspaces Lucario's air game and her float lets her punish his kill attempts pretty hard (floating right literally on the line of the tip of his fsmash, inputting a fair, and dropping the float right as his fsmash ends is so satisfying).

The key to the MU is safe play. Not run-away camping, but a safe and slow approach based around poking, or getting near him and pelting him with turnips and reacting to his reaction, without committing because you can outspace Lucario in little ways with Peach.
You can't play safe and then try to punish his fsmash. That's near a contradiction haha.
That would get me corrected for playing "too aggressive"

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
same here.

he's def the easiest for me as metaknight though.
Haha!

But I LOVE playing Meta...

All I know is that this MU can become a major chore. That's what happens when Peach playes another character with a projectile. Especially since his aura gets stronger as he takes more damage...

Damn it Peach.. Why does your only major strength have to be damage racking?

:urg::urg::urg:

Top Bottom