• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Weeklies/Bi-weeklies - THIRD EVENT JULY 29TH

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Oh I haven't tried LAN centers yet. Good idea. That's what that one in Manchester has been held before.

PC Gaming Arena. Good idea. Too bad I didn't have a High School to rent instead of a ****ing college. They are ****ing whores with their gambling policies.

Yeah I should use the edit button. But Quick Reply is easier to just copy paste info real quick. Just kinda note taking.

Krix

Smash Cadet
Hometown: Boston
Can to travel to: Anything T accessible,
Willing to travel to: Anywhere depending on transportation.
Can provide transportation: Highly doubt it.
Willing to Host: Don't think I have enough space in my apartment.

riff town

Smash Rookie
Would definitely be interested in some weekly/bi-weeklies.

Hometown: Boston
Can to travel to: Boston, Anything T-Accessible, Maybe Lowell area.
Can provide transportation: No
Willing to Host: No

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Im just wondering, wouldnt it be bad to have MMs at a Church Hall >_>

Im sure there would be people there who would consider it gambling at a Church...

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Hometown: Danvers

Can Travel Too: Anywhere

Willing to travel too: Anywhere mentioned except for gangsta places

Can provide transportation: I'm not driving age

Willing to host:Maybe in 7 years when older

Days of week: Weekends, any time is good.holidays too

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay guys.

Pandemonium Books & Games gave me a quote of 200 dollars.

So far all the others have been a lot more expensive and nothing else is T accessible.

So what I'm considering is having a 5 dollar entrance fee for everyone and then taking some from the singles and doubles pot to make up for the rest of the 200 dollars if we don't get 40 people to show.

Anyway, I'm gonna talk to him again to see if we can get a better price if we do it every month.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Alright Questor found this other venue called Game Universe. It's in Framingham.

They are gonna be making a new store in downtown Boston, right off the T that will open up sometime this summer.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hometown- Burrillville Rhode Island (so out of the way)

Can Travel Too- Depends on the day but prolly as far as boston if i can hop a train

Wiling To Travel Too- As far as i'm able to go

Willing To Drive- When I get my lisence

Willing To Host- There are actually a couple of good places to host them in RI if people are interested i'm sure i can talk to them

Koga+

Boot
Hometown: Everett
Can to travel to: Anywhere less than 1.5 hrs away, dont want to go too far ><
Willing to travel to: General Boston Area, anywhere within 1 hour of Boston
Can provide transportation: Yes, would go anywhere around 30min out of way to pick someone up
Willing to Host: I would but cannot think of anywhere around here, possibly a friends residence.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Just a reminder for upcoming tournaments. I have this in the first post of the thread and will try to keep that section as updated as I possibly can.

Upcoming Tournaments:

Maine Smash Tournament 10
March 31
Falmouth, ME
Singles 15$
Double 5$

Smash Tournament Manchester, CT
March 31st
Manchester, CT
Singles 10$

V.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.
April 7th
Wallingford, CT
Singles 15$
Doubles 10$

Money Matches for Everyone 4
April 14th
Lowell, MA
Singles 15$
Doubles 10$
Two-Man Crew 5$

Maine Smash Tournament 11
April 28th
Biddeford, ME
Singles 15
Doubles 10
Low Tier 5

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Hometown: Seekonk, MA
Can to travel to: everywhere but western mass (even then maybe)
Willing to travel to: read above
Can provide transportation: Yes 15-30 minutes away
Willing to Host: Sure

Yo we really need to organize more mass things. Im sick of having to go to maine or connecticut to smash. Even if its just a smashfest instead of a tourney. Having to practice waveshines on training mode is boring. Im always willing to have people come over and smash at my place just for fun if necessary.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
I'm considering having a smashfest or tournament at WPI (Worcester, MA) on the 21st, for those that aren't planning on attending Boston Anime.

I'm not 100% sure we'll have the space, but I wouldn't mind travelling if someone else just wants to have a smashfest somewhere. So yeah if you guys in Seekonk want to do something, let me know I'd be interested and I'll try to bring some guys from WPI with me.

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
i can host something the 21st but i could only have at most 20 people and would be pretty nuts. so i guess let me know if your interested in coming to seekonk(providence).

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Are you guys suggesting that emmy would have something or whats the deal? Cause emmy throws the best sausage fests. If not our place is definitely doable. Some months ago we had a smashfest with people over like zoso, **** tom, rawsex, yoyo, CWJAlex, the turtles whole crew(hayato,crazy jones,etc), our crew, and some more came and we all fit in comfortably. Added Bonus is there is a wendys close by and who doesnt love wendys. Discuss.

P.S.

Anyone want to have a crew battle wherever and whatever happens? Tich, Redsox, etc?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Are you guys suggesting that emmy would have something or whats the deal? Cause emmy throws the best sausage fests. If not our place is definitely doable. Some months ago we had a smashfest with people over like zoso, **** tom, rawsex, yoyo, CWJAlex, the turtles whole crew(hayato,crazy jones,etc), our crew, and some more came and we all fit in comfortably. Added Bonus is there is a wendys close by and who doesnt love wendys. Discuss.

P.S.

Anyone want to have a crew battle wherever and whatever happens? Tich, Redsox, etc?
That sounds amazing.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I found probably the best venue. People who work there are nice, it's cheap, and very close to Adat's house. I'm getting the date confirmed for SNF 4 on Monday.

Wai Fung

Smash Rookie
Hometown: Southborough
Can to travel to: Western Outskirts of Boston
Willing to travel to: anywhere I can
Can provide transportation: yes if they live close by / up to 3 / 10 min.
Willing to Host: not as of yet

How big will these biweeklies/weeklies be?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
So emmy are you scheduling that for the 21st or what? Bah I just wanna smash.
Jogues decided not to rent to me. I talked to some guy from Gamecrazy, who was very enthusiastic about me. I'm trying to get an event going for May 19, and another for August 11.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Alright since no one is going to have anything on the 21st once again I want to say that there is going to be a smashfest at my and JHollas place. We supply the place, ill get people pizza and drinks, you supply the smash skillz. People, like me, wanting to get ready for all the big upcoming summer tourneys heres a good chance If more than a handful of people express interest, even just a couple crews, on here its going down for sure and ill give the address and such. If you live nearby I might even be able to pick you up. We cant take in more than around 20 people though if there ends up being that much interest.

Discuss. Who would be down etc?

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Sounds good to me. I'll do my best to be there.

If I went I could probably bring a couple other people with me as well. Seekonk is surprisingly close to Worcester. :)

Elen

Smash Lord
Free pizza you say....count me and all my friends in. Lol.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Hey we put up a thread for this if you are coming post in it and we will save a spot for you. Red sox I hope you can make it because I love to pwn peaches :). Once again free pizza supplied by me and good smashing fun to be had by all. We even have a projector (no lag) if we want to have a tourney or something. Anyways peace.

heres the link
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100786

Klein

Smash Cadet
I would go if it weren't an hour away from the city, and me without a car.

Anime Boston it is, then. They have some smash tournaments there, but they're definitely not running any pro tournament:

"64 player cap. Single Elimination, random seeding. We will try to run this tournament on 8 consoles. Also when signing up you must declare what character you wish to play with throughout the duration of the tournament

The tournament will run with 3 lives per 4 players in Free For All. All matches will be capped to a 5 minute time limit. Only one contestant may move on from the round played. No items. Stages will be selected randomly from Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64 & Pokemon Stadium. Pause will be turned off as well and should any contestant use a glitch that renders the game inoperable and/or unfinishable is immediately disqualified. In addition, anyone excessively stalling (Peach Wallbombing, Jigglypuff rising pound, Samus bomb/walljump loops, etc) will be disqualified (note: using those techniques to recover normally are perfectly valid)."

Having free-for-all kind of negates the whole point, no?

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I would go if it weren't an hour away from the city, and me without a car.

Anime Boston it is, then. They have some smash tournaments there, but they're definitely not running any pro tournament:

"64 player cap. Single Elimination, random seeding. We will try to run this tournament on 8 consoles. Also when signing up you must declare what character you wish to play with throughout the duration of the tournament

The tournament will run with 3 lives per 4 players in Free For All. All matches will be capped to a 5 minute time limit. Only one contestant may move on from the round played. No items. Stages will be selected randomly from Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64 & Pokemon Stadium. Pause will be turned off as well and should any contestant use a glitch that renders the game inoperable and/or unfinishable is immediately disqualified. In addition, anyone excessively stalling (Peach Wallbombing, Jigglypuff rising pound, Samus bomb/walljump loops, etc) will be disqualified (note: using those techniques to recover normally are perfectly valid)."

Having free-for-all kind of negates the whole point, no?
That's going on at Anime Boston? Hmm...I might have to make my competitive smash debut.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I won a 60 person tourney at Umass that started with a free for all session to break it down to the top 12. Let me tell you it was the most annoying experience of my life. At the last FFA round there was a 3 person ffa and the two other people were friends (top 2 moved on) and they were just attacking me the whole time. Luckily they were newbs. Long story short tourneys with ffas are newb filled horror shows.

smashfest April 21st
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100786

Klein

Smash Cadet
That's going on at Anime Boston? Hmm...I might have to make my competitive smash debut.
Hard to get to. Tournament is 2-5pm Friday, though there is another one midafternoon sunday.

But with the 64 person cap, you're probably going to want to show up real early if you want to get in. But considering that admission is on the order of 30 dollars minimum, it's not something you should do unless you're already going.

The rules are ridiculous, though. Fountain of Dreams with a 4 person free for all? Why not use hyrule temple, since they clearly don't give a ****.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
Hard to get to. Tournament is 2-5pm Friday, though there is another one midafternoon sunday.

But with the 64 person cap, you're probably going to want to show up real early if you want to get in. But considering that admission is on the order of 30 dollars minimum, it's not something you should do unless you're already going.

The rules are ridiculous, though. Fountain of Dreams with a 4 person free for all? Why not use hyrule temple, since they clearly don't give a ****.
Haha...yeah you're probably right. We need some more smash opportunities in Boston!

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
Anime Boston smash is going to be a joke. The heads of the game room are total ***** about it, and refuse to hold a serious tournament.

And with 8 cubes, why the hell can't we hold a regular 1v1 tournament? seriously, you could do a whole 64 double elimination bracket with that in about 3 hours.

Top Bottom