• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Weeklies/Bi-weeklies - THIRD EVENT JULY 29TH

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
SoxFan, you should update the tournament list on the front page to inculde WTF3, since Tom changed the date to May 14th, IIRC, it's updated in the tournament thread.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
RapidAssassin isn't going to be pleased that he chose May 14th, that's all I can say. I guess SNF3 will have to be in June :-/

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
Hometown: Wayland, MA
Can travel to: anywhere I can get a ride to, as long as I'm not busy.
Willing to Host: can't

As long as someone could pick me up i'd go almost anywhere as long as the other people in the car arent too annoying. I'd pretty much be able to go anywhere during the summer, but probably not during the school year.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
RedSoxFan, its SNF4 :p

Though, we could call it SNF3 (The Better Half) because SNF3 sucked because one of the building managers called it "Gambling" and stopped the tourny from running and forced everyone that they get their $$$ back...

SNF4 isnt 100% scheduled yet, though the date she picked was May 19, but the people working there seem to go for May 12. She is trying to force it for May 19 so that she could get an extra week to advertise for it.

kirchinator

Smash Rookie
Hometown: Ashland,MA
Can travel to: erhmm this is a problem for me. I'm sure i could get a ride and once i start driving (soon) i can attend more.
Willing to host: maybe, but not in ashland, i was thinking more along the lines of close to the worcester/holden area, because thats near my father's house. i visit him every other weekend. also, i'm on a friends account, but he's letting me use it for the time being. I'll have my own by saturday. Also during school isn't good for me, anything over a vacation or during the summer is fine.

-Muzz, not Kirch

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I suggest to try to host a smashfest at the Warwick Mall, but this time with better rules :p

Im pretty sure it could be not sudone, just sure if $$$ from the pot could be used as a prize or it would be considered gambling. Perhaps gift certificates could be used instead.

There will be plenty of time to run it, and sign ups will be alot easier and there wont be any loong waits as there was last time. (That is if **** Tom is the announcer ^_^)

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
as i'm staying in boston over the summer, maybe i could throw something every other week or so. who will be able to make the trip to boston college?

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
by the way, i have an apartment in brighton, not even a 10 minute walk from boston college campus. i can make pretty much anything on the t with ease, but it's a lot tougher to make commuter rail trips.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay, later today I'm gonna call Pandemonium Books & Games, and hopefully set up a date.

I'll keep you guys posted and post something for early May.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Okay I called Pandemonium Books and Games the other day. And I called Game Universe. Sometime in the next week, I hope to go meet with both of them. More than likely I'll do something with Game Universe.

If all goes well. You can thank Questor for finding such a great venue.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey would anyone be willing to come down to RI to smash, we have a couple venues i think i could book and some of you are at furthest an hour away from them... I would be willing to set it up and who knows we might be able to get some decent fests and tournies going down?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
You host it in Rhode Island, and let OAK have a part in it, it shall be called Saturday Night Fight 4, and it will draw in over 50+ people.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
GameUniverse's tvs are laggy (plasmas). Also, they only use 2 of the 3 of them for running the tournament.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
We need to run a decent tourney soon...i mean wtf going out of state sucks. MA and RI needs to start doin this stuff on the regular. As of late we have been pretty weak.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman

They don't have tables or anythin though (not that I saw).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I will do whatever i can to get some tournies in RI but first i just want some responses that let me know that i can get people to come down ya know. I'll provide some transport if neccesary though i prolly can't have more then three at tops since i can't drive yet, but if other smashers are interested like i said i will get venues and we can do this thing right

RI and MA need some good tournies now

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Once again I can always hold tournies there is plenty of room here. At least for smashfests. But yeah either way i am always down for some smash. We need to get something going there is a lull in tournaments now.

blackboxer19

Smash Rookie
Hometown: Brockton & I work all week in Quincy
Can travel to : anywhere on the T ... Sundays are best for me
Willing to travel: anywhere on the T ... possibly driving somehwere on Sundays
Can provide transportation: not last minute
Willing to host: not yet...im looking into it
Name - Ricky

The only full day I have off are Sundays so I haven't been able to go to any tourneys. If there are any Sunday events whether it's a tourney or just a good group of people playing, then I'd love to be included.

@Redsoxfan3 - Have you checked out the Charlie Horse is West Bridgewater, MA ? Also the Play'n'trade in Walpole just had a tournament, maybe they'd be willing to host bi-weeklies.

The Charlie Horse
674 Old West Center Street
Junctions of Routes 24 and 106
West Bridgewater, MA 02379

www.thecharliehorse.com
1-800-361-9770
1-508-583-7252

General Manager : Ed Stewart

It's a nice sports bar/grill with an good sized arcade attached. They might work out.

Driz

Smash Apprentice
Hometown-Watertown
Can travel to-mostly anywhere in Mass or RI
May need ride

Top Bottom