• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 10: P.A.R.L.N.O.C.K. - Framingham, MA - Jul 12, 08

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
He has a point.
Thing is that most people can't come to this. So I'm thinking we do mainly melee then brawl on the side.

Then for the next MM with more people do almost entirely brawl and consider melee.

Make sense?
no

theres like 4 people who can't go that've posted

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Okay.

Who can't go????

also,

ParlNock: CREW BATTLES!
ParlNock: or random crews
MattDotZeb: just have it one massive crew battle?
MattDotZeb: haha
ParlNock: well like 5 man teams or what not
ParlNock: but arrange it so broken people have to be on different crews
MattDotZeb: haha
MattDotZeb: yes
ParlNock: seriously
ParlNock: that way everyone has the drive to win, but dont feel hopeless
ParlNock: like we wil ltake all the top tier players and pull them aside, then make 4 man crews or what ever then add one of the top tier players to each crew
ParlNock: or something

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Deal.

Do you play brawl?
Yes we can MM in brawl too if you want.

banks+th0rn aren't going either... wow, to be honest, i think this is gonna be lame. Mattdotstubborn, change the date.

or wait, better idea...

mm10 - July 12th

mm11 - July ??? :D
plz be silent

Does it have to be a wireless controller like a Wavebird or can I use my Wired GC Controller?

On a similar note, are reconfigured buttons (e.g. C-Stick Specials) banned? I use all the default settings, but it's just a curiosity.
you can use your wired controller, yes. also yes you can reconfigure your buttons in the game. you can't mess with the actual controller circuits tho.

He has a point.
Thing is that most people can't come to this. So I'm thinking we do mainly melee then brawl on the side.

Then for the next MM with more people do almost entirely brawl and consider melee.

Make sense?
like 4 people posting in this thread saying they can't go =/= most people.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I can't go either

Please run all Brawl this time... all Melee next time.

Edit -- And a lot of the people who go for Brawl haven't even posted in this thread. Why would you run only Melee? Brawl will still attract a huge crowd. Or maybe you could run a happy mix so everybody has a motive to come.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Or we could run exactly how we ran MM9 because idk it worked well? Don't be stupid and do all Melee and Brawl, split the events comfortably and then everyone is happy.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
No mages can go, that alone should be incentive enough to change it since we usually run the tournament for you.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
EDIT: Pat, I gotta agree. My opinion of game formats is currently

Melee Teams>>>Brawl Teams>Brawl Singles>Melee Singles

I agree with that except switch the last two. Brawl teams is actually the closest thing to melee in terms of fun for me. No camping, no gheyness, 2v2 struggle, etc. Its pretty ****. Please include Brawl doubles for this tourney.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You kind of answered your own question.

Ta-da!
Brawl Singles

1: Cort ($435.60) (Snake)
2: PC Chris ($237.60) (Snake)
3: Nuro ($118.80) (Snake)
4: Jinx (Metaknight)
5: Solid Jake (Snake)
5: Darc (Snake)
7: Vigilante
7: Hayato
9: Omega Blackmage
9: Eve
9: UnknownForce
9: Reno
13: Dazwa
13: Pine
13: Melo
13: HBK
17: Jess
17: gerudo
17: The Trap
17: Ben
17: Roga
17: War
17: Minion
17: Syko
25: Icylight
25: Fatal
25: Nytejade
25: Dark Cloud
25: Christopher B
25: Gonzales
25: P$THead
25: Phoenix
33: William
33: Manny Sexy Vidal
33: Beef
33: OmegaWhiteMage
33: ARAccount
33: Andee
33: Parlnock
33: Chaps
33: Onega
33: Alejandro_P
33: Troy
33: Kreyn
33: Nito
33: Mallsanta
33: Ange
33: ASL?
49: Skin
49: CastleBeardSkull
49: Mardo
49: Kyu Puff
49: Shibby
49: Hannah Montana
49: Flaco
49: Mara
49: Tigo
49: Booty
49: Syn
49: Simeon
49: Orky
49: O' Beardless One
49: PeachKid
49: Cobra
65: King Johnny
65: Lee
65: King Shea
65: Spex3
65: Big Bad
65: Quink
65: Phantom
65: Life
65: Notchhit
65: Phineus
65: Ryan
65: Knee
65: Bomb
65: Max
65: Herbert George The Third
65: BlackArmor
65: The Real Even
65: MemphisChains
65: Slash
65: Cal
65: NickT
65: Bravo
65: Ace
65: Huan
65: Buuman
65: Issac
65: Silas
65: USA
65: Jarrod
65: Cow
65: Jun
65: Rezzoun
97: Roc
97: Nate
97: Tony

So how many of these people said they couldn't come?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
No mages can go, that alone should be incentive enough to change it since we usually run the tournament for you.
Lies.
You guys did mm9 and one other mm.

The others (except the first 4) were me and elen. Then **** tom jumped up and occasionally helps.

Also kyu puff doesn't see my reasoning D:

It seems that less people are coming, more incentive to do melee because of a lower turnout.

ParlNock

Smash Apprentice
tell you what, i'll run the **** show along with mat or something, i mean it's not hard. I can run it but my polices are unforgiving like with the bs of peoplenot showing up to their matches etc. worst comes to worst we can have m2k run it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
It seems that less people are coming, more incentive to do melee because of a lower turnout.
How many of the absentees would only come for Brawl, though? If you hold Brawl, the turnout will be huge regardless. Brawl + Melee gives everyone an incentive to come, and most importantly lets me play Melee.

I know it's easier to run teams in a strictly Melee or strictly Brawl tournaments, but it also transforms into two completely different events.

nuro

Smash Lord
Sorry, I didn't feel like reading all the posts to figure this out but are we doing Brawl and Melee singles?

If so someone needs to come over to play some melee w/ me. LOL

If were doing SSBB teams I need a teammate.

I like the title name of this Mass Madness.

I would be surprised if as many people show up as last time.

Almo

Smash Ace
Brawl Singles

1: Cort ($435.60) (Snake)
2: PC Chris ($237.60) (Snake)
3: Nuro ($118.80) (Snake)
4: Jinx (Metaknight)
5: Solid Jake (Snake)
5: Darc (Snake)
7: Vigilante
7: Hayato
9: Omega Blackmage
9: Eve
9: UnknownForce
9: Reno
13: Dazwa
13: Pine
13: Melo
13: HBK
17: Jess
17: gerudo
17: The Trap
17: Ben
17: Roga
17: War
17: Minion
17: Syko
25: Icylight
25: Fatal
25: Nytejade
25: Dark Cloud
25: Christopher B
25: Gonzales
25: P$THead
25: Phoenix
33: William
33: Manny Sexy Vidal
33: Beef
33: OmegaWhiteMage
33: ARAccount
33: Andee
33: Parlnock
33: Chaps
33: Onega
33: Alejandro_P
33: Troy
33: Kreyn
33: Nito
33: Mallsanta
33: Ange
33: ASL?
49: Skin
49: CastleBeardSkull
49: Mardo
49: Kyu Puff
49: Shibby
49: Hannah Montana
49: Flaco
49: Mara
49: Tigo
49: Booty
49: Syn
49: Simeon
49: Orky
49: O' Beardless One
49: PeachKid
49: Cobra
65: King Johnny
65: Lee
65: King Shea
65: Spex3
65: Big Bad
65: Quink
65: Phantom
65: Life
65: Notchhit
65: Phineus
65: Ryan
65: Knee
65: Bomb
65: Max
65: Herbert George The Third
65: BlackArmor
65: The Real Even
65: MemphisChains
65: Slash
65: Cal
65: NickT
65: Bravo
65: Ace
65: Huan
65: Buuman
65: Issac
65: Silas
65: USA
65: Jarrod
65: Cow
65: Jun
65: Rezzoun
97: Roc
97: Nate
97: Tony

So how many of these people said they couldn't come?
I'm not on that list. I said I could go. So how many of these people said they could go?

I say melee, and then hold another one for the people who can't go more focused on brawl, or whatever makes them happy.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
How about running melee and brawl singles at the same time? We easily had enough tv's last time to do this without a problem. If we need another CPU to do two brackets at once, I'm sure we could bring one. Yeah, I realize this means that players would have to choose between melee and brawl singles, but wouldn't most people prefer this option? In fact, maybe we could run melee and brawl doubles at the same time too.

Just a possibility to throw out there. I'm not saying its the best idea per say, but hey, it's an option.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Just do it like last time. There were no problems last time and it was run very well. But I do like the idea of having another MM a lot sooner to this one =D Mass Madness is always good for your health.

nuro

Smash Lord
Just do it like last time. There were no problems last time and it was run very well. But I do like the idea of having another MM a lot sooner to this one =D Mass Madness is always good for your health.
Except that the GU staff realized how potentially easy it is for someone to steal a Wii.

That reminds me are they setting up precautions to avoid that in the future?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Holding a melee tournament when most of the melee-centric people aren't going to show doesn't make sense. Not holding a brawl tournament because there might be a lesser turnout doesn't make sense. Run brawl singles first thing, and then run brawl doubles alongside melee singles, so people can play in both melee and brawl singles. Run melee doubles and/or crews after that, and done. Avoid leaving a gap between brawl singles and doubles (IE take signups for both at the same time, and do a last call for doubles with the melee signups). This should minimize downtime, and allow for some sort of legitimate food break.

Also, people who have consoles should have to put their names on it with tape and whatnot, and tell the staff what TV it's on, and tell the staff when they leave. That way, if Wii's go missing, it should be easier to track down who has it, since the Wii will have been accounted for the whole time. All Wii's should also have Wiimotes brought with them, so it isn't such a pain to set up, and there's no confusion while doing so (IMO, what led to Wiiasco 2008).

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Shit.
Stop your bitching new england.

Shit, I was ******* around. The first post to every MM has told you all you need to know about the tournament.
Fuck.

YOU HAVE BEEN TROLLED
Now shut the fuck up about this. You guys honestly think I'd be that stupid? Christ!

I love smash D: People started getting torn over this... Man, Mass isn't immune to brawl vs melee is it? Depressing, very depressing..

Anyway the next mass madness after this is august 9th. I've talked to Jamie about it. The topic will be made probably at the start of next month...

Drk Peach, I'll house you if nobody else can do it.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Maybe he meant
Stop. You're *****ing new england.

Listen to mattdotzeb he has the power to control EVERYTHING
and Mass Madness 10 is part of everything

seriously though i think he has enough to worry about

nuro

Smash Lord
Shit.
Stop your bitching new england.

Shit, I was ******* around. The first post to every MM has told you all you need to know about the tournament.
Fuck.

YOU HAVE BEEN TROLLED
Now shut the fuck up about this. You guys honestly think I'd be that stupid? Christ!

I love smash D: People started getting torn over this... Man, Mass isn't immune to brawl vs melee is it? Depressing, very depressing..

Anyway the next mass madness after this is august 9th. I've talked to Jamie about it. The topic will be made probably at the start of next month...

Drk Peach, I'll house you if nobody else can do it.
So, its going to be like last MassMadness right? In that case I need to play some melee. How about I come over the day after tomorrow? Hopefully, you might be working early so when I arrive I can come by and order something from wendys lol.

That don't you mean "your" and not "you're"? Clearly we shouldn't listen to you.

Continue bickering everyone!
Your Zetta Slow!! jk

Dang, Matt owned everyone.
And I own Matt. I think this means something...

_____

Oh and the more MassMadnesses the better. If we skipped this one we would probably be skipping a month of mass madness so this tournament works out I think. If you can't make this one just make the next one.

Top Bottom