• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
You're content to lynch BarMaven already? That seems a bit fast for what he's done so far and how little the game has progressed.
I tend to agree with this. Mavman seems a tad scummy, but I'm not willing to go as far as to lynch him off of it yet unless there is about to be a mislynch. In addition, if anyone votes for him at this point, he'll be at L-1 with 2 days to go in the phase; if he's town, scum could take advantage of that and get an easy mislynch. Then, the hammerman would state that they killed him to "advance a slowly-moving game" and they "thought he was scummy" (probably just reciting Moro's reasoning instead of using their own) to get off scot-free.

On the other hand, Ranivorous has been in-thread literally one time since the game started, put in a random vote (as we were exiting RVS and had content to make a more informed vote upon), and went right back into his hole. He has had almost a full 24 hours to respond to Aquarius, and yet has failed to do so. He's not the only one who has completely and utterly failed at being active in this game, but he's definitely the worst offender. As we get further into the game, an inactive and uninformed slot will hurt us a LOT as he could be easily manipulated and will slow down conversation more than it has already slowed.

I'm going to Vote: Ranivorousbeast Ranivorousbeast until he actually gets his butt in here and does something.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
I prefer BarmanUK over Polishnapkin, and given deadline was soon, I saw merit in it. Anyway, I don't see how what Polish did was scummy really. He claimed to be a player from a different game, which may or may not be true, and also claimed to know Orange's identity, but this read to me as more of a gambit or a form of reaction test than anything else. Doesn't seem too scummy to me yet and I don't see the scumNapkin argument. Unnecessary wifom seems like a bad reason to label him as scum only because the player's intent is no being looked at.

I agree that Raniverous deserves some looking at, I will actually compromise to him on policy if necessary. No checks here.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
I prefer BarmanUK over Polishnapkin, and given deadline was soon, I saw merit in it. Anyway, I don't see how what Polish did was scummy really. He claimed to be a player from a different game, which may or may not be true, and also claimed to know Orange's identity, but this read to me as more of a gambit or a form of reaction test than anything else. Doesn't seem too scummy to me yet and I don't see the scumNapkin argument. Unnecessary wifom seems like a bad reason to label him as scum only because the player's intent is no being looked at.

I agree that Raniverous deserves some looking at, I will actually compromise to him on policy if necessary. No checks here.
...except that this entirely ignores the reasoning behind my push.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
...except that this entirely ignores the reasoning behind my push.
I was addressing Aquariusboy, not you, with respect to Polishnapkin.

I will address your argument though. I have to look it over, but my initial impression was not to think it was scum team play setting up for thread control. I don't think it's impossible though, but it's very risky considering there is probably only 2 scum in a 9 man game. I don't really see it happening no matter how confident they might think they are in their own play. I am confused as to why you think they are paired at the moment. Also, the Orange half seemed a bit more invested in trying to figure out who Polishnapkin is and it seemed all wrong if it was meant to be a power play

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
(Eh I guess it's not actually that off base to start making that kind of statement looking at when deadline is, so nevermind that. Still, I don't agree with the direction)

If he was actually mod-verifying himself as VT then maybe I'd consider it anti-town on math. But just claiming it at a point where there could be some good to come of it isn't nearly the same, it's not even provable. The fact his idea was wrong and he was forced to backpedal doesn't have anything to do with his initial intent which is what's important here. Just becuase someone does something anti-town doesn't mean they did it because they're scum.
You're missing the point. He immediately said right after that it was possible he was lying, thus he is not reinforcing his claim that he is VT, and thus the initial 'intent' is lost. If what you are saying is true that his initial intent was good natured and had merit, then why did he have to backpedal in the first place?

Doing something anti-town isn't necessarily scummy, but he deliberately did something anti-town, claimed he was trying to spur discussion, and then immediately backed out of it, essentially accomplishing nothing. You say he spurred discussion as a result of his initial intent, but he actually didn't because he didn't uphold the VT claim.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
Happy Holiday to all you Americans.

I do believe we have come far enough to make decisions as our day is coming to a close. I am going to put before you my thoughts on every slot in this game as well as the direction I believe we should go. We must consolidate our votes, gentlemen, so, at the very end, I will propose a lynch pool for us to narrow down our choices.

1] PolishNapkin

Town. Will likely end up in lynch pool courtesy of the Nervous Fruit and his watery lad.

2] @Corps phoenix

The Impersonator barely escapes our recommended policy lynch. He's done very little as you can see for yourself by checking his three total posts, though slightly more than our recommended policy lynch.

3] T Twitchybanana

This is an extremely interesting slot. This slot's posts comprise of a case upon myself, a defense of said case, and comments upon his presence. His case itself is very weak: it assumes ill intentions from OrangeXhtml and myself and, all in all, is rather reactionary. He has responded to what has been in the thread by posting down a vote in protest to policy lynches; however, we have seen him make no moves to further any reads of his own.

4] OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml

Ah, the fellow from Orange. Once more, he is nothing if not earnest. Slightly too gung ho but one of my favorite slots this game. He is quite obviously trying to generate content and I find myself wanting to lynch him least out of any slot in the game thus far.

5] Aquariusboy Aquariusboy

Upon first read, this slot seemed far more interested in identities than I was comfortable with. On second read, I realized that it was not a matter of suspicious motivations as I originally thought but rather a slot attempting to get others to talk about the game when there was precious little to discuss. Our views about our reads are quite obviously different, but I would prefer not to see this slot dead.

6] Protateus Protateus

This is another slot that I would not want to see dead at this juncture. I do like that he's poking around and trying to find things. I am concerned about his lack of a vote thus far though, and I do not have a strong idea of his direction at this time.

7] Ranivorousbeast Ranivorousbeast

Ah, you glorious, glorious man. How could anyone hope to match your content? Your sparkling input of one simple post is a magnificent example of mafia play and the rest of us commoners would do well to follow your example.

...I jest.

This slot has a post count of one. His content is nil and he is an example of the plague that has stricken DGames for years. If I would have my way, I would see this slot make significant contribution in the next 48 hours or have its head on the block.

8] BarmanUK BarmanUK / @Maven89

I have no issues with this slot. I think he is likely town. I do not think it likely scum would claim VT on page 2, even if the claim itself was non-committal. I have no major problems with him thus far and I would not lynch him at this time.

9] Morosemist Morosemist

This is the hardest read amongst this list, not including those who have given us nothing to read. His case on the Barman Maven is laughable. Aside from some armchair mafia posts in the beginning (my claim to be Leviathan to be null, Orange's detective work to be null, etc.), his entire focus is upon the poor bartender. The basis of his case is purely an opinion that a VT claim early in the game is anti-town. Personally, I find no fault in it. It is too early to call his fixation tunnel vision as not many avenues have been presented. That said, I do not like his content thus far, but he is at least providing content. His presence alone is appreciated, as other slots cannot claim the same.

Now we have to decide where to lynch toDay. The pool that seems like is thus: Corps Phoenix and RaniverousBeast are the resident inactive lynches, while Twitchybanana, BarmanUK/Maven, and myself are the present leading cases. I would like every member of this game to start pushing their directions and shrinking this pool down to a couple of targets. Everyone needs to put their hand on the table at this juncture as deadline is approaching sooner than imagined.

vote RanivorousBeast

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I was addressing Aquariusboy, not you, with respect to Polishnapkin.

I will address your argument though. I have to look it over, but my initial impression was not to think it was scum team play setting up for thread control. I don't think it's impossible though, but it's very risky considering there is probably only 2 scum in a 9 man game. I don't really see it happening no matter how confident they might think they are in their own play. I am confused as to why you think they are paired at the moment. Also, the Orange half seemed a bit more invested in trying to figure out who Polishnapkin is and it seemed all wrong if it was meant to be a power play
That is, in fact, a very good point.

Morosemist

Smash Cadet
If Barman is scum, you all can screw yourselves. Dismissing his non-commitment as if it's nothing is super lame. I am not going to say anything more on the matter since I'm not interested in convoluting the thread.

Also, way to praise my play after calling it deliberate ****, Polishnapkin Polishnapkin .

/out

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
The thing you're not getting is why I did it. You keep bringing up discussion, then say that, by bringing up that it's not mod-confirmed that I'm VT, that it removed all benefits of talking about it, removing the reason I did it. But the discussion was never going to be about me being a VT. VT's are in almost every single game, there's nothing to be said for having a VT. The discussion was to be about the fact that I claimed VT. I was throwing myself under the spotlight to generate discussion.

I did lose some momentum in the game, I'm annoyed I outed myself and saw little going on by anyone but Morosemist

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
To be a pure meta note, I'm leaning on the whole "Leviathan" thing to be a player thinking they have too much meta baggage and wanting a new start instead of something thinking they can establish thread control by claiming to be someone most people here don't know

Protateus

Smash Rookie
Still dislike orange
Am okay with aquarius
Wondering why polish is bashing on nameouting when he did ithimself but meh

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
I'm liking Aquarius the most and have Morosomist's problem with me as null

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
To be a pure meta note, I'm leaning on the whole "Leviathan" thing to be a player thinking they have too much meta baggage and wanting a new start instead of something thinking they can establish thread control by claiming to be someone most people here don't know
But isn't all meta-related stuff removed with the fake name anyways? Isn't that the whole point of a masquerade? Why would they need to disguise themselves under a disguise if the initial disguise they were given has no ties to anyone or anything? I don't buy the whole "he did it to have a new start" thing because the fake account is a new start. With that said, I don't think that Polish's claim is super anti-town because it helped us out of RVS (there were consistent posts for a good half a day), but I wouldn't say that the claim is a very town move either.

I'm liking Aquarius the most
Reasoning, please?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OK, we have 14 hours until the deadline

@#HBC | soup request prod on everyone who hasn't been here for the past 2 days.

Now then, think that Moro's argument against BarMaven is pretty solid and is the only non-policy lynchpool that I would possibly be willing to join at this point today. The fact that BarMaven backed down from his VT claim after only minimal pressure shows that he is very concerned about how he appears to the rest of the game, and backing down didn't fuel conversation and actually did more to kill it, which is the opposite of what he said was his original intent. With that said, Mavman is still providing decently useful content and I really don't want to lynch off of only 4 pages of a game and non-decisive evidence. I think that we should go for Raniverous so that we have more time to get stronger reads, but then again, a Barman flip could give us valuable info to actually start conversation.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Reasoning, please?
Because he wasn't ******** about the VT claim

Really have to question how you can say his case on me is solid when I (and Aquarius) have been dismantling his entire claim the entire time, you apparently read my post just now but didn't feel the need to acknowledge the meat of it, why was that?

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
. The fact that BarMaven backed down from his VT claim after only minimal pressure
Never happened. Someone asked me how why I would claim VT when it would help the scum PR hunt. I pointed out it didn't help scum PR hunt because they couldn't know if I'm telling the truth or not. Therefore, me claiming VT didn't help scum PR hunt.

shows that he is very concerned about how he appears to the rest of the game
Is...is that supposed to be scummy?

and backing down didn't fuel conversation and actually did more to kill it, which is the opposite of what he said was his original intent.
Uh, no. My claim is literally the only worthwhile discussion that's happened, most of it being about the action you claimed killed it

With that said, Mavman is still providing decently useful content and I really don't want to lynch off of only 4 pages of a game and non-decisive evidence. I think that we should go for Raniverous so that we have more time to get stronger reads, but then again, a Barman flip could give us valuable info to actually start conversation.
Don't like how wishy washy the post ended up, but with deadline 14 hours away I'm forced to agree to lynching Raniverous. There's not really another option, hopefully converstion will really pick up day 2.

Vote: Raniverous

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Never happened. Someone asked me how why I would claim VT when it would help the scum PR hunt. I pointed out it didn't help scum PR hunt because they couldn't know if I'm telling the truth or not. Therefore, me claiming VT didn't help scum PR hunt
I went back to re-read (shortest D1 re-read of my life lol) and realized that I misunderstood the situation. Upon the re-read, I saw that you claimed VT, then immediately after, you said that there was literally no way to know if you were actually VT. This created a WIFOM that would have never created conversation in a normal game of Mafia and would have been called out as a garbage play, but instead, it created a grand total of a page and a half of content over the past 4 days (as opposed to the page and a quarter over the first 3 days).

Is...is that supposed to be scummy?
That in of itself isn't scummy, but intentionally trying to make yourself look better for the rest of the thread could have more scummy intent behind it than townie intent. This isn't a point anymore, though, because you have kept your claim for VT despite pressure.

Uh, no. My claim is literally the only worthwhile discussion that's happened, most of it being about the action you claimed killed it
The post rate about the same rate as the posting before, and the only reason that it's generated conversation is because literally anything would generate conversation at this point. If I said that Bojangles was better than Taco Bell (which it is) at that point in the game, people would have hyper-analyzed it to hell and back because they had nothing better to go off of. In addition, the only reason that generated content is because your claim made you look super scummy.

Don't like how wishy washy the post ended up
I completely agree. Neatness and thought collection isn't exactly great on 1% battery on Mobile Firefox SWF. I usually use Chrome as my main browser, but that has my main account logged in right now, so whatever.

Protateus

Smash Rookie
It's not scummy for Barman to back up his claim, the assertion is laughable. Why would scum do something like that at all ? It makes no sense for Barman to underemine his own point of discussion like Orange an whoever it is he's agreeing with by adding the tidbit of "but i might not really be a vt" claiming vt is the most pointless claim but it did generate discussion and, whether people like it or not Barman is correct in saying scum' no better off for what he said and if Barmans scum what does he possibly gain out of posting that way. There's no REAL reason to dislike barman, it's really just a huffed up "well i didn't like that he said that, that way".

Protateus

Smash Rookie
Also, Polish, you better have evidence of all the good work Orange has done because I am literally on the opposite side of the spectrum from you. I've seen nothing but two things from him this game: A knee jerk reaction to how I jokingly approached the early game and now support of literally the easiest lynch anybody could ever ask for given that Barman not only has modvotes, but he's just generally unpopular enough that pushiing him doesn't cost anything anymore, even further than that is the main brunt of the hate for the slot is completely objective to one person not liking the fact that he didnt "stick to a vt claim" as if sticking to his VT claim would have somehow created more or magically better discussion. That's like baking a cake with, then putting that cake on a table and saying: This cake is mine, no one else. Then coming back, and seeing people eyeing and saying:
Hey, you haven't eaten my cake, but you could have, so imma slap you with a wooden spoon.
If Morosemist wants to argue Barman's intent and how Barman's claimed intent to throw himself under the spotlight and generate discussion is false due to his approach then that's all well and good but that discussion is totally circular because it can't be proven one way any more than the other

Protateus

Smash Rookie
I won't lynch Barman today just simply due to the fact that MarvBarvmen has become the single easiest lynch in the game which is why he's not eating the noose today unless something magical happens and he somehow does something actually scummy. To the same point, anyone voting inactives should get off their ass and do some legwork, jst saying "oh wow that ravenious guy what a prick for posting once herderr inactive lynch" Just remember that his lynch has 0 net gain. If he's town, we lose a townie, if he's scum, oh wow cool what good luck we managed to get scum who posted once. Now what ?

I want the people pushing the inactives to tell me what the next day involves given either of these scenarios.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
It's not scummy for Barman to back up his claim, the assertion is laughable. Why would scum do something like that at all ? It makes no sense for Barman to underemine his own point of discussion like Orange an whoever it is he's agreeing with by adding the tidbit of "but i might not really be a vt" claiming vt is the most pointless claim but it did generate discussion and, whether people like it or not Barman is correct in saying scum' no better off for what he said and if Barmans scum what does he possibly gain out of posting that way. There's no REAL reason to dislike barman, it's really just a huffed up "well i didn't like that he said that, that way".
It generated conversation based on a WIFOM that is generally sucky in nature, wasted Town's time, and generated no more conversation than it had beforehand; it merely changed topic from one topic to another.
Also, Polish, you better have evidence of all the good work Orange has done because I am literally on the opposite side of the spectrum from you. I've seen nothing but two things from him this game: A knee jerk reaction to how I jokingly approached the early game and now support of literally the easiest lynch anybody could ever ask for given that Barman not only has modvotes, but he's just generally unpopular enough that pushiing him doesn't cost anything anymore, even further than that is the main brunt of the hate for the slot is completely objective to one person not liking the fact that he didnt "stick to a vt claim" as if sticking to his VT claim would have somehow created more or magically better discussion. That's like baking a cake with, then putting that cake on a table and saying: This cake is mine, no one else. Then coming back, and seeing people eyeing and saying:
Hey, you haven't eaten my cake, but you could have, so imma slap you with a wooden spoon.
If Morosemist wants to argue Barman's intent and how Barman's claimed intent to throw himself under the spotlight and generate discussion is false due to his approach then that's all well and good but that discussion is totally circular because it can't be proven one way any more than the other
I poked back at you by analyzing your prod, then you left the thread and you called it a knee-jerk. If I were serious about that, I woulda put down a vote for you togforce you into dialog with me. Also, I have to go to dinner right now, but if you didn't thoroughly read my first post that I suspected BarMaven, I still don't want to lynch him today. He's the most suspicious of the first 4 pages and I'd vote him to avoid a NL, but I REALLY don't want to lynch an active slot with so little game to analyze.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
I went back to re-read (shortest D1 re-read of my life lol) and realized that I misunderstood the situation. Upon the re-read, I saw that you claimed VT, then immediately after, you said that there was literally no way to know if you were actually VT. This created a WIFOM that would have never created conversation in a normal game of Mafia and would have been called out as a garbage play, but instead, it created a grand total of a page and a half of content over the past 4 days (as opposed to the page and a quarter over the first 3 days).
Nah, if you're really saying me claiming that it's not confirmed I'm VT created WIFOM that wouldn't be there otherwise then you're not thinking. That WIFOM should have been there for you before I posted it.

let me state this again, for everyone: if me posting point 2 made you realize I'm not mod-confirmed and created WIFOM for you, you never once gave a single shred of thought to my claim and that's not my fault. If you never had any WIFOM until I brought that up then that's on you. It should be there from the start.

That in of itself isn't scummy, but intentionally trying to make yourself look better for the rest of the thread could have more scummy intent behind it than townie intent. This isn't a point anymore, though, because you have kept your claim for VT despite pressure.
The fact that BarMaven backed down from his VT claim after only minimal pressure
is this supposed to be you conceding that you're wrong or was this a mistake?

The post rate about the same rate as the posting before, and the only reason that it's generated conversation is because literally anything would generate conversation at this point. If I said that Bojangles was better than Taco Bell (which it is) at that point in the game, people would have hyper-analyzed it to hell and back because they had nothing better to go off of. In addition, the only reason that generated content is because your claim made you look super scummy.
Nah, no one would have cared if you said anything about Bojangles, people needed something about the game to work. Not the best option, no, but I don't know how to really kick-start day 1 without doing something like this, and more importantly, no one else in dgmes was attempting anything. People just wanted to sit back and let someone else do it. I tried. Now people are pissy that something happened and many are unwilling to think deeper on it then a knee-jerk reaction.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Doing a mass prod. Corps phoenix has asked to be replaced.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
is this supposed to be you conceding that you're wrong or was this a mistake?
I was conceding that I was wrong. Also, I came back and re-read after dinner and watching the Peanuts Movie with my family, and I can see where you're coming from. If you didn't do anything to get the thread moving from the halt it was at, nobody would have, so you decided to make a move to generate conversation. I still don't agree with you flat-out stating that it was a WIFOM in the rare case that someone was going to react in a manner that didn't take that into account, but that's a minor point.

Anyways, we seriously need to get organized and lynch Raniverous. It's like 2 (I think unless it's a different time zone?) hours until the deadline, and at this point, I'm not willing to lynch BarMaven anymore.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
We cool

I agree that Ran needs to get lynched today, I don't think anyone has done anything scummy enough to override someone not posting at all

Ranivorousbeast

Smash Rookie
been rather busy as of late and i keep forgettin i'm in this ****

i'm up for a lynch because i haven't been here? that's a pretty lame reason considering the fact it is a cop out since no one is looking to get their hands dirty.

unvote
vote: polishnapkin

his 126 is enough to lynch him for based off of no reads in that post, calling everyone "interesting" and then moving to vote myself when he named other avenues they wished to pursue but copped out to the inactive lynch.

barmaven and prota are fine in my book. i don't care for the orange/aqaurias pal thing going on and reeks of something fishy.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
i'm up for a lynch because i haven't been here? that's a pretty lame reason considering the fact it is a cop out since no one is looking to get their hands dirty.
At least everyone else has tried to contribute in some way, shape or form. You just did a random vote after RVS and then show up an hour before the phase ends

his 126 is enough to lynch him for based off of no reads in that post, calling everyone "interesting" and then moving to vote myself when he named other avenues they wished to pursue but copped out to the inactive lynch.
I wouldn't call it "copping out" to the inactive lynch; we have nothing better to go off of and part of the reason is half of the game hasn't contributed anything of signifigance. Your lynch is pretty much the only thing that everyone agrees on, and I'll be peeved if a NL happens. In addition, nobody other than Polish has actually bothered to do a read list, so I wouldn't fault him for that and say the read list alone is enough to lynch him. The fact that he's managed to do a read list at all is amazing because of how little this game has been played.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Correction:

In addition, nobody other than Polish has actually bothered to do a read list, so I won't fault him for that and I would say the read list alone is definitely not enough to lynch him.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OH WAIT we have until the end of today, so we're good. We still need to reach a lynch before the deadline, though.

Aquariusboy

Smash Cadet
Back from Thanksgiving.

Unvote

Dont need polish actually at L-1 coming into deadline over Beast's vote, I'll be here if it needs to change.

unvote

barmaven and prota are fine in my book. i don't care for the orange/aqaurias pal thing going on and reeks of something fishy.
Did you actually mean to say Aquarius here? I assume you meant Polishnapkin and your reading is as thorough as your posting so far: but if so, why vote with me to polishnapkin?

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
His case itself is very weak: it assumes ill intentions from OrangeXhtml and myself and, all in all, is rather reactionary.
No. I observe how a policy lynch over lynching the scummiest is anti-town.
Ah, the fellow from Orange. Once more, he is nothing if not earnest. Slightly too gung ho but one of my favorite slots this game. He is quite obviously trying to generate content and I find myself wanting to lynch him least out of any slot in the game thus far.
Is this because he agrees with you, or because he's actually being pro-town?

I have no issues with this slot. I think he is likely town. I do not think it likely scum would claim VT on page 2, even if the claim itself was non-committal. I have no major problems with him thus far and I would not lynch him at this time.
This we agree on.

vote RanivorousBeast
Guys. Renivorous needs to post, but we shouldn't lynch him D1. If this were scummy inactivity, he'd at least pretend to be here. This is just an individual not playing the game. I'd ask Soup to PM the player's real account for a prod, then try to replace. He's not being scummy, he's just not playing the game. Polish is abusing that for an easy ML day 1, and he'll get off scott free by falling back on his policy bull****.

If Barman is scum, you all can screw yourselves. Dismissing his non-commitment as if it's nothing is super lame. I am not going to say anything more on the matter since I'm not interested in convoluting the thread.

Also, way to praise my play after calling it deliberate ****, Polishnapkin Polishnapkin .

/out
...This feels anti-town. If you have a hard read, you need to punish with warlock punch, not Pikachu's jab.

OK, we have 14 hours until the deadline

@#HBC | soup request prod on everyone who hasn't been here for the past 2 days.

Now then, think that Moro's argument against BarMaven is pretty solid and is the only non-policy lynchpool that I would possibly be willing to join at this point today. The fact that BarMaven backed down from his VT claim after only minimal pressure shows that he is very concerned about how he appears to the rest of the game, and backing down didn't fuel conversation and actually did more to kill it, which is the opposite of what he said was his original intent. With that said, Mavman is still providing decently useful content and I really don't want to lynch off of only 4 pages of a game and non-decisive evidence. I think that we should go for Raniverous so that we have more time to get stronger reads, but then again, a Barman flip could give us valuable info to actually start conversation.
This is a good point, minus the Raniv lynch. (And, yknow, it not being entirely true -- but I like the thought process.)

More to come.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet

unvote

nonono. If you're here, we need something substantial. Post a read list or something. Convince me I'm right about you.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml I see you there. Thoughts?
Quite honestly, I don't feel very comfortable with anyone being lynched off of 4 pages of content other than Ran based on level of commitment and generally bad play. Ran did a random vote post-RVS to prevent himself from being modkilled or replaced, left for another couple days, seemed miffed that nobody was defending his slot when he got back, kneejerked Polish for a completely garbage reason, implied a scumteam between Polish and Aquarious (without giving a reason), said Pro and BarMaven were fine (without giving a reason), and ignored my questioning of his post afterwards. I think he's the scummiest at this point. Who do you think we should lynch, Twitchy?

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Quite honestly, I don't feel very comfortable with anyone being lynched off of 4 pages of content other than Ran based on level of commitment and generally bad play. Ran did a random vote post-RVS to prevent himself from being modkilled or replaced, left for another couple days, seemed miffed that nobody was defending his slot when he got back, kneejerked Polish for a completely garbage reason, implied a scumteam between Polish and Aquarious (without giving a reason), said Pro and BarMaven were fine (without giving a reason), and ignored my questioning of his post afterwards. I think he's the scummiest at this point. Who do you think we should lynch, Twitchy?
I think that we should lynch Polish. I think that policy lynches are never a good idea, and he's using policy as a free and easy mislynch D1. Ran's inactivity doesn't seem like scum inactivity, it feels like he's just not playing the game.

That said, I wouldn't cry about a Ran lynch, and if he makes some actual posts and they're bad, I'd hammer him. Similarly, if the deadline is within 30 mins and no one else is online, I'd hammer him because his flip would give us information regardless.

But, Polish's policy lynch just reeks of scum intent.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Let's pretend Polish never posted the concept of a policy lynch due to inactivity. Then what would we be left with?

My stuff, which most people put as being null, and didn't result in that much

And that's it. Maybe something about someone claiming to be someone else, but honestly I'm thinking it's some player with bad meta baggage who believes if they took the persona of another person they would attain good meta-baggage, then at the end they'd pull their mask off and we'd all realize they were good the whole time. That's clearly not what's happening now but I don't see it as likely to be scum motivated, since so many of us are experienced here (at least in Dgames in general) the chance of us just following a "leivathan" because "they're old school" is nilch and any player who would know of the account would know that.

With just that, the only thing left would be a no lynch (horrible), or we lynch someone who hasn't posted a thing. The later gives us some information, and with nothing scummy being done it's the best option.

I think anyone would have suggested a policy lynch at this point, and I don't think we should jump on Polish for being the one to do so. If it wasn't him it'd be someone else.

And "not playing the game" doesn't make the person townie at all. He could not be playing as mafia just as much as he could not be playing as town.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I think that we should lynch Polish. I think that policy lynches are never a good idea, and he's using policy as a free and easy mislynch D1. Ran's inactivity doesn't seem like scum inactivity, it feels like he's just not playing the game.

That said, I wouldn't cry about a Ran lynch, and if he makes some actual posts and they're bad, I'd hammer him. Similarly, if the deadline is within 30 mins and no one else is online, I'd hammer him because his flip would give us information regardless.

But, Polish's policy lynch just reeks of scum intent.
I'll think about Polish while doing hw (I was about to say what class, but realized I already talked about it in DGames), but I still think that him kickstarting the thread with the Leviathan claim helped conversation and that he has been fairly wise with how he's handled a lot of situations.

I didn't like his stubbornness in claiming Leviathan and the way he seemed to have a superiority complex early-game, but he seems to have gotten a little less high and mighty as time has passed and more people participated. He also put himself in the spotlight early-game (something I don't think scum would want to do) and has been fairly honest and open about his opinions on the game thus far. You could argue that all of the posting he did was for thread control, but while we were conversing about his claim, there wasn't much else of a thread to control.

Top Bottom