• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
Also, Polish, you better have evidence of all the good work Orange has done because I am literally on the opposite side of the spectrum from you. I've seen nothing but two things from him this game: A knee jerk reaction to how I jokingly approached the early game and now support of literally the easiest lynch anybody could ever ask for given that Barman not only has modvotes, but he's just generally unpopular enough that pushiing him doesn't cost anything anymore, even further than that is the main brunt of the hate for the slot is completely objective to one person not liking the fact that he didnt "stick to a vt claim" as if sticking to his VT claim would have somehow created more or magically better discussion. That's like baking a cake with, then putting that cake on a table and saying: This cake is mine, no one else. Then coming back, and seeing people eyeing and saying:
Hey, you haven't eaten my cake, but you could have, so imma slap you with a wooden spoon.
If Morosemist wants to argue Barman's intent and how Barman's claimed intent to throw himself under the spotlight and generate discussion is false due to his approach then that's all well and good but that discussion is totally circular because it can't be proven one way any more than the other
Orange has 32 posts--almost a fifth of the thread thus far. There has not been a subject that he has avoided or outright ignored. Out of every slot in the game, he has made his opinions known on everything that has occurred thus far. He agrees with me on a few things and that is a positive in my book but not the main reason for townreading him. Have you seen any other slot doing more to figure out this game? Orange is the last person I would want to see lynched.

I won't lynch Barman today just simply due to the fact that MarvBarvmen has become the single easiest lynch in the game which is why he's not eating the noose today unless something magical happens and he somehow does something actually scummy. To the same point, anyone voting inactives should get off their *** and do some legwork, jst saying "oh wow that ravenious guy what a prick for posting once herderr inactive lynch" Just remember that his lynch has 0 net gain. If he's town, we lose a townie, if he's scum, oh wow cool what good luck we managed to get scum who posted once. Now what ?

I want the people pushing the inactives to tell me what the next day involves given either of these scenarios.
been rather busy as of late and i keep forgettin i'm in this ****

i'm up for a lynch because i haven't been here? that's a pretty lame reason considering the fact it is a cop out since no one is looking to get their hands dirty.

unvote
vote: polishnapkin

his 126 is enough to lynch him for based off of no reads in that post, calling everyone "interesting" and then moving to vote myself when he named other avenues they wished to pursue but copped out to the inactive lynch.

barmaven and prota are fine in my book. i don't care for the orange/aqaurias pal thing going on and reeks of something fishy.
No. I observe how a policy lynch over lynching the scummiest is anti-town.

Is this because he agrees with you, or because he's actually being pro-town?

This we agree on.

Guys. Renivorous needs to post, but we shouldn't lynch him D1. If this were scummy inactivity, he'd at least pretend to be here. This is just an individual not playing the game. I'd ask Soup to PM the player's real account for a prod, then try to replace. He's not being scummy, he's just not playing the game. Polish is abusing that for an easy ML day 1, and he'll get off scott free by falling back on his policy bull****.

...This feels anti-town. If you have a hard read, you need to punish with warlock punch, not Pikachu's jab.

This is a good point, minus the Raniv lynch. (And, yknow, it not being entirely true -- but I like the thought process.)

More to come.
I think that we should lynch Polish. I think that policy lynches are never a good idea, and he's using policy as a free and easy mislynch D1. Ran's inactivity doesn't seem like scum inactivity, it feels like he's just not playing the game.

That said, I wouldn't cry about a Ran lynch, and if he makes some actual posts and they're bad, I'd hammer him. Similarly, if the deadline is within 30 mins and no one else is online, I'd hammer him because his flip would give us information regardless.

But, Polish's policy lynch just reeks of scum intent.
Let's talk about the policy lynch and why I wanted to lynch an inactive. My initial suggestion for a policy lynch came under the stipulation of the game not reaching 8 pages prior to deadline. It was only made with the assumption that if the game somehow failed to accomplish that, there would be a significant amount of deadweight. Had it reached 8 pages, this discussion likely would not have happened as there would be more significant content to discuss than my suggestion of a policy lynch and a man claiming VT under no duress to start the game. Unfortunately, the game did fail to reach 8 pages, and as it stands now, I would not be content to lynch any player with a semblance of activity over their current content--regardless of questions I have for some of these slots. Waiting for a replacement only adds another slot whose activity cannot be guaranteed and has no prior history to read as his predecessor had a total of 3 posts.

In addition to this, among these posts that I've quoted are a couple of sentiments about how an inactive lynch accomplishes nothing for us at this stage in the game. I could not disagree more--but only within context of this game. In other games, there are usually scummy slots that players want to lynch off hard scum reads. That is not true of this scenario. Step back and look at this game. What evidence do you have to lynch a slot that truly sticks? You can explain Ran's lynch as a policy lynch and ours as a man pushing a policy lynch. You can explain away a Barman lynch on a dubious claim. None of these scenarios are anything particularly solid; save for the possibility of myself pushing the Nervous Fruit over his push that assumes guilt before proving it, but even that I have no real confidence in it yielding scum as of the moment. None of the active players are truly so scummy that anyone should have any degree of confidence in flipping scum; there are also very few connections being built in thread as most of the game has interacted with only one or two other slots beyond themselves. As a result, it makes more sense to remove an inactive player as it has about as much chance of success as one of the active players and removes a slot that is effectively a question mark now rather than later in a situation with a much lower margin for error. That is why my vote is on an inactive slot.

Besides, it is not like RaniverousBeast's latest post is worth salvaging. He threw down a vote on the leading wagon (the one with modvotes hardly counts as such) without any major substantiation. His prior post was another vote that purely read of RVS reasons after RVS was long over. The slot is effectively worthless and as we are already being saddled with a replacement for Corps Phoenix, I would like to remove the other slot with no real content.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Besides, it is not like RaniverousBeast's latest post is worth salvaging. He threw down a vote on the leading wagon (the one with modvotes hardly counts as such) without any major substantiation. His prior post was another vote that purely read of RVS reasons after RVS was long over.
Besides, it is not like RaniverousBeast's latest post is worth salvaging. He threw down a vote on the leading wagon (the one with modvotes hardly counts as such) without any major substantiation. His prior post was another vote that purely read of RVS reasons after RVS was long over.
I absolutely agree with this, and I actually like the slot less after its most recent post. That said, a policy lynch is still a bad idea unless it's literally either that or a NL.

Let's talk about the policy lynch and why I wanted to lynch an inactive. My initial suggestion for a policy lynch came under the stipulation of the game not reaching 8 pages prior to deadline. It was only made with the assumption that if the game somehow failed to accomplish that, there would be a significant amount of deadweight. Had it reached 8 pages, this discussion likely would not have happened as there would be more significant content to discuss than my suggestion of a policy lynch and a man claiming VT under no duress to start the game. Unfortunately, the game did fail to reach 8 pages, and as it stands now, I would not be content to lynch any player with a semblance of activity over their current content--regardless of questions I have for some of these slots. Waiting for a replacement only adds another slot whose activity cannot be guaranteed and has no prior history to read as his predecessor had a total of 3 posts.

In addition to this, among these posts that I've quoted are a couple of sentiments about how an inactive lynch accomplishes nothing for us at this stage in the game. I could not disagree more--but only within context of this game. In other games, there are usually scummy slots that players want to lynch off hard scum reads. That is not true of this scenario. Step back and look at this game. What evidence do you have to lynch a slot that truly sticks? You can explain Ran's lynch as a policy lynch and ours as a man pushing a policy lynch. You can explain away a Barman lynch on a dubious claim. None of these scenarios are anything particularly solid; save for the possibility of myself pushing the Nervous Fruit over his push that assumes guilt before proving it, but even that I have no real confidence in it yielding scum as of the moment. None of the active players are truly so scummy that anyone should have any degree of confidence in flipping scum; there are also very few connections being built in thread as most of the game has interacted with only one or two other slots beyond themselves. As a result, it makes more sense to remove an inactive player as it has about as much chance of success as one of the active players and removes a slot that is effectively a question mark now rather than later in a situation with a much lower margin for error. That is why my vote is on an inactive slot.
This is a whole lot of nothing. I'd actually like to discuss this with you, so I'll break it down into very simple easily digestible points. I'd appreciate it if you respond in organized and plain english, because for me, this exchange will cement or redefine my read on you, and half the game should not be figuring out what you mean.

1. Ran's content, or lack thereof, is null.
To me, (other people in thread -- please weigh in on this one) Ran's inactivity is neither scummy nor townie. This feels like someone who just isn't playing the game. He's inactive-null.

2. Lynching him is only slightly beneficial for the town at best.
2 a.
If we lynch him and he flips scum... Cool. We're back to square 1 + a bit of WIFOM from his one post.
2 b. If we lynch him and he flips town, no one is at fault because it was a "policy lynch". We're kinda back to square 1 minus a townie and plus one very irritated banana.
2 c. Thus, even the best possible result of lynching him is just meh.

3. Not lynching him is far more likely to benefit the town.
3 a.
We don't lynch him and he gets replaced. Then the replacement becomes active and gives us more to go on, as well as increasing the overall activity of the game. Depending on the slot's alignment and the replacement's skill, this could lead to a plethora of different outcomes, but all of them will give additional information to the town -- definitely worth it.
3 b. We don't lynch him and he becomes active. Like the above option, but less Janky because we don't have to deal with replacement baggage. This allows us to cement a read on him, and either lynch obviscum tomorrow or avoid a catastrophic mislynch.
3 c. We don't lynch him and he stays inactive. At this point, I'd actually be willing to lynch him barring some obviscum elsewhere in the thread. Regardless, we get more information than we would if we lynched him.

4.The risk/reward ratio leans heavily toward letting him live.
Is he mod confirmed scum? No? Then the above analysis makes it obvious it is in the town's best interest not to policy lynch him. We lynch most scummy, not most null.

At this point I'm sure you're either a townie who doesn't analyze his actions, or a scum getting an easy ML day 1.

It is simply irrational to policy lynch Ran at this point in time.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
(yay quadruple post)

The deadline is fast approaching and I don't want a mislynch. If anyone thinks I'm wrong and can prove it, please speak now. There are 4 people viewing the thread. If any of those wonderful individuals can show me a fallacy I've made, I will change my vote accordingly. I'm admittedly tunneling a bit, and I don't want the confirmation bias that comes with it to cloud my vision.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Problem is that it is between lynching him or a mislynch. There's not another option. You're suggesting we lynch the person who suggested that, but that's something anyone would suggest. Pretend no one said that. Who would you want lynched in that scenario?

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Problem is that it is between lynching him or a mislynch. There's not another option. You're suggesting we lynch the person who suggested that, but that's something anyone would suggest. Pretend no one said that. Who would you want lynched in that scenario?
I'd have to reread to answer that with any confidence. That said, ANY OTHER lynch REGARDLESS of outcome puts town in a better position than a ran lynch. Pushing a ran lynch is inherently anti-town, if not directly scummy.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Eh, I disagree. I think lynching his slot would give us more information then anything else at this point

@Corps phoenix
@Aquariusboy
Protateus Protateus

Deadline is today

Request votecount

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Eh, I disagree. I think lynching his slot would give us more information then anything else at this point

@Corps phoenix
@Aquariusboy
Protateus Protateus

Deadline is today

Request votecount
Please, elaborate. I don't see it. Either show you have valid reasoning and convince me, or be counterproductive and make yourself look scummy.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I have no qualms with answering your large post, but I will not be able to until closer to deadline.

What I can do at the moment is ask you to please give me a concise list of the reasons you want me lynched. I understand that the first point is that you think proposing a policy lynch is a scummy move. I'll argue that with you when I am able, but I will need 2 hours.

Is there any other scummy player in this game, in your opinion. Are any of them scummy enough to lynch if I weren't in the game? Note: I'm not trying to get you to push them at the moment.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
I have no qualms with answering your large post, but I will not be able to until closer to deadline.

What I can do at the moment is ask you to please give me a concise list of the reasons you want me lynched. I understand that the first point is that you think proposing a policy lynch is a scummy move. I'll argue that with you when I am able, but I will need 2 hours.

Is there any other scummy player in this game, in your opinion. Are any of them scummy enough to lynch if I weren't in the game? Note: I'm not trying to get you to push them at the moment.
:4greninja:'d. Sure thing. Coming right up.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Reasons PolishNapkin should be lynched
1. Pushing a Ran lynch is inherently anti-town
2. The whole leviathan shtick leaves a bad taste in my mouth
3. It would give us a huge amount of information
4. My gut says he's bad. My gut actually has a rather impressive record, and I need to stop ignoring it.

Barman is seeming worse than I originally thought. Orange is iffy. I'm going to reread during the night and get out a proper read list. If you weren't in the game, my vote would probably go to barman or Ran. Thing is, you are, in my opinion, the scummiest by a substantial margin.

Of course, I am tunneling a bit, and probably suffering from confirmation bias. Show me why I'm wrong.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
Read your own post. It has one point that I FIRMLY disagree on in policy. I'll dissect your large post when I have a computer available.

The other 3 have no bearing on my alignment unless you can come up with a reason that stating that I am Leviathan is a scummy move, but you tell me if you aren't stretching for something there.

Moving on. Barman and Orange are the two slots who I like the most. Tell me what Barman has done that is explicitly scummy. Tell me with a straight face that you would lynch Orange right now?

Now, equipped with that information, where would I look to be getting a lynch? My two town reads? Myself? You, Pro, AB, or Morose as a last second wagon swing based on flimsy reasoning?

Or should it be Ran or Corps Phoenix?

Tell me, putting yourself in my shoes, what exactly In should be doing. Then, back with your own soles, tell me what you have to lynch me based on aside from the fact that you think we should ignore slots that don't post. In fact, let me ask you this: would you still be wailing against me had I simply mentioned repeatedly that Ran wasn't participating whenever I posted through the day and then pushed him as scummy for refusing to participate?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sorry your mod worked 9 hours today and needs rest so day ends when I wake up basically

Last edited:

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
The other 3 have no bearing on my alignment unless you can come up with a reason that stating that I am Leviathan is a scummy move, but you tell me if you aren't stretching for something there.
You're right. They're more personal peeves. Due to the short length of the thread, I do think the first point is enough to lynch you on.
ell me with a straight face that you would lynch Orange right now?
I wouldn't. I wouldn't lynch Barman, either. Barman hasn't done anything explicitly scummy, just questionable.

Now, equipped with that information, where would I look to be getting a lynch? My two town reads? Myself? You, Pro, AB, or Morose as a last second wagon swing based on flimsy reasoning?

Or should it be Ran or Corps Phoenix?

Tell me, putting yourself in my shoes, what exactly In should be doing. Then, back with your own soles, tell me what you have to lynch me based on aside from the fact that you think we should ignore slots that don't post. In fact, let me ask you this: would you still be wailing against me had I simply mentioned repeatedly that Ran wasn't participating whenever I posted through the day and then pushed him as scummy for refusing to participate?
If I had your reads, I would investigate harder so as not to settle for a lynch that is detrimental to the town. I've said it once and I'll say it again: Ran isn't playing. That's null. Your wanting to lynch a null slot with two posts is inherently anti-town, as I've repeatedly demonstrated.

We're going in circles. I think you are scum because you are pushing a lynch that is objectively contrary to the town's interests.

You want to lynch Ran because he's inactive.

I understand both viewpoints. I would concur with your suggested lynch were Ran's inactivity some how scummy and not null. We have a choice between lynching a null player because he is null and gaining little information, or lynching someone that is arguably scummy that has participated in a relatively large amount of discussion, gaining valuable information.

I think we should chose the ladder.

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
So, my play is "contrary to town's objective" but remaining null by avoiding posting is not? Huh. The more you know.

Inactivity is not null. It is a thing that is inherently antitown as it leaves a slot completely unreadable with no way to solve that unreadablity. The only reason we would possibly consider it null is because townies do it. Regardless of how you want to spin it though, not moving to find scum is, in fact, contrary to town's objective.

Now, let's assume that Orange and Barman stick to their guns and don't vote me. What is the "ton of information" you get on my flip? Who can you hold responsible for agreeing with you? You greatly exaggerated just now. There is NO lynch that will yield much information. This one will stop the flow of information from a slot known to be moving and the one who's thoughts are most clearly posted in thread.

The problem with one of your points against lynching Ran is two of three options means he starts contributing, but the problem is that those possibilities do not have equal chance of occurring. Tell me what the odds are that his posting picks up in quantity or quality. Tell me he isnt lying low even still.

You didn't like something I said and you sunk your teeth into my leg like a rabid dog. The fact that you would lynch me for not backing down when you challenge my stance on the game of mafia when there are multiple slots who have shown they will give you far less is mind boggling.

Based on everything you know, your read on me will only get clearly, and by your own admission you are trying to lynch me on ONE POINT that is "arguably scummy." The reason you don't lynch active slots on Day 1 is because day one accuracy, across mafia's history, is absolutely ****. When you have a game with slots that are actively nlt contributing, you don't haul off and lynch the slot who's managed to start most of the day's discussion by proposing a policy lynch as the first real content of the game.

I will ask you. How likely am I to actually flip scum? What will you do on my flip?

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
So, my play is "contrary to town's objective" but remaining null by avoiding posting is not? Huh. The more you know.

Inactivity is not null. It is a thing that is inherently antitown as it leaves a slot completely unreadable with no way to solve that unreadablity. The only reason we would possibly consider it null is because townies do it. Regardless of how you want to spin it though, not moving to find scum is, in fact, contrary to town's objective.
This is accurate. However, there is a difference between inactivity and not playing the game. Inactivity is scummy. Pretending to contribute/maintain a presence but not actually doing so is scummy. Ran just isn't playing the game.

Now, let's assume that Orange and Barman stick to their guns and don't vote me. What is the "ton of information" you get on my flip? Who can you hold responsible for agreeing with you? You greatly exaggerated just now. There is NO lynch that will yield much information. This one will stop the flow of information from a slot known to be moving and the one who's thoughts are most clearly posted in thread.
...We get to re-analyize your read list and every single one of your interactions while knowing your flip. I'm not going to actually do that before you flip because it's not worth the effort. Yes, I did speak hyperbolically. I do that a lot.

The problem with one of your points against lynching Ran is two of three options means he starts contributing, but the problem is that those possibilities do not have equal chance of occurring. Tell me what the odds are that his posting picks up in quantity or quality. Tell me he isnt lying low even still.
Good ass question. @Ranivorousbeast I'm boutta hammer you if you don't commit to being active. It's better than a no lynch.

You didn't like something I said and you sunk your teeth into my leg like a rabid dog. The fact that you would lynch me for not backing down when you challenge my stance on the game of mafia when there are multiple slots who have shown they will give you far less is mind boggling.
...True? I guess? Thing is, you're the scummiest of those slots to me. You're right about this, but at the same time, I still need to aim at scum.

Based on everything you know, your read on me will only get clearly, and by your own admission you are trying to lynch me on ONE POINT that is "arguably scummy." The reason you don't lynch active slots on Day 1 is because day one accuracy, across mafia's history, is absolutely ****. When you have a game with slots that are actively nlt contributing, you don't haul off and lynch the slot who's managed to start most of the day's discussion by proposing a policy lynch as the first real content of the game.
I say we lynch most scummy person. You got conversation going. That was good. But you did it in a way I find highly suspect. Maybe I'll re-read a bit later, but unless my reads change...

I will ask you. How likely am I to actually flip scum? What will you do on my flip?
Likely-Ish? 60-80%? If you flip scum I'll gloat a bit, before re-reading and analyzing your interactions. If you flip town I'll be salty for a bit, before re-reading and analyzing your interactions and defending myself against the inevitable sea of votes aimed at me.

(This discussion is helping your rep in my book, for the record.)

Aquariusboy

Smash Cadet
I would prefer a ravinorous lynch over polish based on his response to me (lack thereof), and the grime levels of coming into thread and L-1ing the leading wagon that wasnt him despite clearly not reading enough to put the correct playernames in his vote post.

If he hasnt responded by the time I get back home Im hammering.

#HBC | ѕoup

Corps phoenix has been replaced by Corps phoenix! Please welcome him to the game.

Protateus

Smash Rookie

Would you lynch him over this ? Is it scummy ?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OK, I'm all read up, but can't make a huge post because I have to go to bed now so I actually wake up in the morning. In short, I completely agree with Polish on this one. Twitch's only case against Polish is that Polish suggested lynching the least active slot if there wasn't enough content (8 pages in this case) by the end of the day, unless someone appeared significantly scummy by the end of the phase. If there isn't an evident scummy slot, I tend to agree with this sentiment so that we can avoid having dead weight late-game where we wonder if he's not playing or coasting. Everything else you had against Polish is how you didn't like the way Polish tried to generate conversation D1, which wasn't the prettiest thing ever, but started the ball rolling.
I still say we lynch Orange.
I still say you need some legit reasons. You can consider me tomorrow if you want, but perusing my lynch for the last hour is more likely to confuse our efforts than organize them.

Welcome, Corps!

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I have now reached a computer. As promised, I am returning to your initial post before going back to your most recent one.

I absolutely agree with this, and I actually like the slot less after its most recent post. That said, a policy lynch is still a bad idea unless it's literally either that or a NL.
In normal circumstances, I would agree with you that it is a bad idea, but normal circumstances have games with higher post counts, far more interactions, and plenty of data to read. These qualities are markedly missing from this game and I am not the only one to state that they are not comfortable to remove a talking slot. I would rather gamble on removing a slot that is far more likely to remain an enigma now than deal with it later in the game and especially in a LyLo situation. This is in tandem with my lack of confidence in finding scum in 5 pages of information, much less using those 5 pages to produce enough evidence to convince town (much less myself) that I am right and we should lynch my suggested candidate as he is likely to be mafia.

1. Ran's content, or lack thereof, is null.
To me, (other people in thread -- please weigh in on this one) Ran's inactivity is neither scummy nor townie. This feels like someone who just isn't playing the game. He's inactive-null.
If you truly believe that he's null, then I ask you to re-examine his posts these words in mind:

Inactivity is scummy. Pretending to contribute/maintain a presence but not actually doing so is scummy.
His initial vote is a farced RVS vote long after RVS had ended. His second vote was on a leading wagon with no real substantiation to support itself--especially given that he tacked it on in the most likely spot to find scum on a bandwagon. While I am in no way certain what way he will flip, I would not be utterly surprised if he flipped mafia.

2. Lynching him is only slightly beneficial for the town at best.
2 a.
If we lynch him and he flips scum... Cool. We're back to square 1 + a bit of WIFOM from his one post.
2 b. If we lynch him and he flips town, no one is at fault because it was a "policy lynch". We're kinda back to square 1 minus a townie and plus one very irritated banana.
2 c. Thus, even the best possible result of lynching him is just meh.
You are so vastly rooted in the short term that you are not looking at the long term effects of his lynch. Removing an inactive--and one that's more likely to remain as such than improve--removes a potential question mark from a LyLo situation. Mafia will never grant us the favor of removing him for us. It is up to us to decipher him and I am far more convinced that the only way we will decipher a man who intends to lurk, prod-dodge, and remain relatively inactive is with his flip. I would rather do that now than later, especially given my utter lack of faith in any other lynch right now.

3. Not lynching him is far more likely to benefit the town.
3 a.
We don't lynch him and he gets replaced. Then the replacement becomes active and gives us more to go on, as well as increasing the overall activity of the game. Depending on the slot's alignment and the replacement's skill, this could lead to a plethora of different outcomes, but all of them will give additional information to the town -- definitely worth it.
3 b. We don't lynch him and he becomes active. Like the above option, but less Janky because we don't have to deal with replacement baggage. This allows us to cement a read on him, and either lynch obviscum tomorrow or avoid a catastrophic mislynch.
3 c. We don't lynch him and he stays inactive. At this point, I'd actually be willing to lynch him barring some obviscum elsewhere in the thread. Regardless, we get more information than we would if we lynched him.

4.The risk/reward ratio leans heavily toward letting him live.
Is he mod confirmed scum? No? Then the above analysis makes it obvious it is in the town's best interest not to policy lynch him. We lynch most scummy, not most null.
That is why I do not agree with this analysis and conclusion. You assume that, should we let him live, he will return to this game on D2 or some other point further beyond as a paragon of towniness and activity. Failing that, you assume he will be replaced. You have looked at the situation in a vacuum and seen the number of favorable possibilities without looking at the context of this specific game--that this is a slot with the lowest post count in a game whose posts are spaced to look as if he is prod-dodging. A slot with a higher post count has replaced out before him. It is irrational to assume that he will improve and become far more readable than he already is as there is no significant evidence to suggest a renaissance of play from RaniverousBeast.

We can argue this to the end of time in post game, but suffice it to say, I believe you are very wrong in your attitude that lynching an inactive when we don't have much else is very wrong. Ill argue this longer if it will actually help, but I do not want to stay running in this circle any more.

#HBC | ѕoup

Deadline in ~30 minutes!

Votecount Deux (With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!) -​

Polishnapkin [1] Ranivorousbeast
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [0]
OrangeXhtml [1] Maven89
Aquariusboy [1] Ranivorousbeast
Protateus [0]
Ranivorousbeast [3] OrangexHtml, Polishnapkin, Barman89 [L-2]
Maven89 [3] [L-2] MOD, MOD, Morosemist
Morosemist [0]

Not voting: Protateus, Aquarisboy

Last edited:

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
I would prefer a ravinorous lynch over polish based on his response to me (lack thereof), and the grime levels of coming into thread and L-1ing the leading wagon that wasnt him despite clearly not reading enough to put the correct playernames in his vote post.

If he hasnt responded by the time I get back home Im hammering.
With the moderator deciding to the end the game fairly soon, I hope you are present to drop the hammer.

Protateus

Smash Rookie
Vote: RanivorousBeast

Someone hammer, I've explained Orange, the lynch won't happen. We move on

Polishnapkin

Smash Cadet
Deadline in ~30 minutes!

Votecount Deux (With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!) -​

Polishnapkin [1] Ranivorousbeast
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [1] Polishnapkin
OrangeXhtml [1] Maven89
Aquariusboy [1] Ranivorousbeast
Protateus [0]
Ranivorousbeast [3] OrangexHtml, Polishnapkin, Barman89 [L-2]
Maven89 [3] [L-2] MOD, MOD, Morosemist
Morosemist [0]

Not voting: Protateus, Aquarisboy.
Your votecount has a rather poor case of inaccuracy. My vote as well as RaniverousBeast's is not in two places last I checked. Likewise, TwitchyBana's vote is nowhere to be found.

T Twitchybanana
Aquariusboy Aquariusboy
@Morosemist

Now is the time

#HBC | ѕoup

There was a votecount here, but time has seen to be erased!

Last edited:
Top Bottom