• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I would be satisfied with the final roster; but I've been so desensitized by convincing leaks being debunked that I honestly still feel skeptical with no real reason lmfao? I guess I'll wait and see other prominent leak reviewers weigh in on this

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Assuming that leak is real it's pretty disappointing that Skull Kid isn't there despite all the things he had going for him. Banjo and Geno are at least 2 of my other most wanted characters though and they both seemed like pipe dreams so that's pretty freaking amazing that they're actually in assuming this true. But then again when it comes to Sakurai getting another Zelda rep might as well be called a pipe dream now.

Skull Kid better be first in line for DLC. Unless worst case scenario happened and he has some kind of unplayable role in the game, which would be pretty ****ty that Sakurai didn't just get that out of the way sooner then.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I don't really believe in this leak, but in any case, whether it's fake or not, we should try to stay strong and keep supporting our forest prankster.
Up until the 8/8 Direct, I didn't even consider Skull Kid as a likely contender for Smash, but after his recent explosion in popularity and discussion he really grew on me, and fast. Some people see this explosion as simple bandwaggoning, but to me this seems more indicative of just how much potential Skull Kid had to really speak to the Smash fanbase. It's really cool how Skull Kid has become one of the top Smash candidates whithin the entire Smash community in such short time. If he really isn't in the base game, then keeping discussion and support of Skull Kid alive afterwards is definitively the ticket to getting him in as DLC.
I also want to add that I'd like to be in the supporters list.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
My favorite thing about this leak is that I can't see anything in it. Although, maybe it's since I just woke up or because I have mole vision. Also, I thought I saw Majora's Mask beside Mach Rider but, you know, mole vision. But I can't tell cause of the potato quality.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
It seems real. On one hand, I'm beyond happy that Chorus Kids and Banjo are in (and happy that speculation's over) but on the other disappointed about Skull Kid.

If this is the final roster I'm super excited about it, can't complain.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't even be mad if that's the final roster. That's an incredible selection of fighters.
Interesting that the leaker lists a few bosses.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
He says Crazy Hand and Spirit Hand are bosses, as well as a few others. And he didn't mention Master Hand.

Honestly the text leak has me skeptical of the leak overall because it was bundled with the picture and the wording just seems odd.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
He says Crazy Hand and Spirit Hand are bosses, as well as a few others. And he didn't mention Master Hand.

Honestly the text leak has me skeptical of the leak overall because it was bundled with the picture and the wording just seems odd.
I thought the text leak was posted with a Ganondorf meme?
The leaker also lists Necrozma and Tabuu as bosses. Not Skull Kid though.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The thing I find the most curious, if assuming that the leak is real is where does it actually leave Skull Kid? I find it very hard to believe that he'll simply be left out of the game entirely. There is of course the chance that we get a Direct in November with a "loadout" where Skull Kid is finally revealed as an AT or boss, but it all still feels suspicious to me.

If we see no sign of him by the time the final Direct arrives, I think he pretty much has a shoe-in for DLC (assuming the leak is real and those other chars are all in). I have a VERY hard time believing he'll simply get the Smash 4 Isaac treatment and forgotten in a game called Smash "Ultimate". Especially knowing that Sakurai is aware of Skull Kid's fan-base and has been since before Smash 4 (possibly Brawl).

I suppose some would argue that he just isn't all that important of a character, but I'd have to simply respectfully disagree and leave it at that.

Smash Apprentice
All I want is for Skull Kid to not be a boss. I'm sure the 4 bosses listed in the leak (Tabuu, Crazy Hand, Spirit Hand, Necrozma) aren't the only remaining bosses, but it's good to see that Skull Kid isn't deconfirmed yet. These 4 bosses do seem to be the most likely to be important/ story relevant, however.

Still sort of miffed Zelda (and Kirby!) haven't gotten anything new since Brawl. However, they're prime candidates for DLC (especially Bandanna Dee, who is almost certainly not a boss)

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Skull Kid doesn't make it he's one of THE biggest runners for DLC now, outside of new characters like ARMS or Xenoblade 2.

All this hype for Skull Kid pushed him to the next most requested Zelda rep too.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The thing I find the most curious, if assuming that the leak is real is where does it actually leave Skull Kid? I find it very hard to believe that he'll simply be left out of the game entirely. There is of course the chance that we get a Direct in November with a "loadout" where Skull Kid is finally revealed as an AT or boss, but it all still feels suspicious to me.

If we see no sign of him by the time the final Direct arrives, I think he pretty much has a shoe-in for DLC (assuming the leak is real and those other chars are all in). I have a VERY hard time believing he'll simply get the Smash 4 Isaac treatment and forgotten in a game called Smash "Ultimate". Especially knowing that Sakurai is aware of Skull Kid's fan-base and has been since before Smash 4 (possibly Brawl).

I suppose some would argue that he just isn't all that important of a character, but I'd have to simply respectfully disagree and leave it at that.
I won't link it, because it's extremely vulgar (being from 4chan), but there was a leak back in September that predicted these exact seven characters, claimed that Steve wasn't in, said that Dixie, Ray from Custom Robo, and Monster Hunter had been cut, and listed a couple bosses. Tabuu, Necrozma, Crazy Hand, and something called Spirit Hand.

Skull Kid remains unmentioned. I think it's possible he's a boss, even if it's ****ty and nonsense, but if he's not, he has a good chance for DLC.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

I agree. Skull Kid is in a weird place right now, he's nowhere to be seen. Worst case scenario he gets the Isaac treatment. Let's hope the next Direct announcement comes fast so that it puts us out of this speculation misery.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If Skull Kid's hypothetical Boss is mostly Majora; I could still see him make a DLC upgrade. Wouldn't be the most nonsense thing in Smash lol.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Right!? That looks so much like the mask, but I’m not hearing anyone talk about it. Why?
You sure you are not just letting your dreams cloud your judgement?... I don't see anything remotely resembling Majora's around Mach rider

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I agree. Skull Kid is in a weird place right now, he's nowhere to be seen. Worst case scenario he gets the Isaac treatment. Let's hope the next Direct announcement comes fast so that it puts us out of this speculation misery.
I mean, I think worst case scenario has him as a boss. Getting the Isaac treatment leaves him open for DLC.

Right!? That looks so much like the mask, but I’m not hearing anyone talk about it. Why?
It's almost assuredly Mach Rider's bike.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
You sure you are not just letting your dreams cloud your judgement?... I don't see anything remotely resembling Majora's around Mach rider
It looks like it's covering his left leg. Then again, it could really be anything given how garbage quality the picture is.
Screenshot_359.png

It's just so small I can barely tell. I give it a strong "maybe"

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
if a character ends totally MIA, there is always a chance for DLC, remember this guys.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
My thoughts on that potentially being the final roster...

Honestly, Chorus Kids, Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, and Banjo/Kazooie (especially this one) are damn good choices, and it blows are expectations on there being 2 newcomers left, I don't care at all that Skull Kid and Shantae are not on it due to how good it is, plus we Sakurai probably has some DLC characters planned. They all make sense too

Chorus Men: were planned for Smash 4 and Rhythm Heaven is one of the bigger Nintendo franchises without representation
Geno: a highly requested character that even Sakurai wants
Isaac: A very popular character and one of the other bigger Nintendo franchises not represented
Mach Rider: considered for Melee, good retro choice
Banjo/Kazooie: They used to be Nintendo characters and were considered for Melee. It is also huge as this is a character is owned by a rival console, which also opens up to another Microsoft character, a certain green supersoldier.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just don't understand why he didn't have Skull Kid summon the Moon and then teleport. Skull Kid doesn't appear to be a boss either...so he's removed from the game...for no reason?

Like it's weird as hell. Unless he's one of the first planned DLC's you wouldn't think Skull Kid who was just added in Smash U would be removed from the very next game...for no reason. Especially when they literally just added the Moon.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I just don't understand why he didn't have Skull Kid summon the Moon and then teleport. Skull Kid doesn't appear to be a boss either...so he's removed from the game...for no reason?

Like it's weird as hell. Unless he's one of the first planned DLC's you wouldn't think Skull Kid who was just added in Smash U would be removed from the very next game...for no reason. Especially when they literally just added the Moon.
That's something that I find really dang weird as well. It seems really weird to cut him out entirely when he was an Assist Trophy last game, especially with what he has going for him. I guess it would kind of make sense if he's DLC, but not everyone is going to download DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Not to mention it wouldn't make sense to hold Skull Kid back for DLC, you'd think Banjo or Geno would be that to maximize sales for third parties.

It's just strange. Skull Kid not being playable is one thing, but to have his Assist removed entirely from Smash U, adding in the Moon assist without him, and then giving his affects to an item...and then the other stuff like the Majora's Mask Mii mask, Majora's Mask 3DS coming out in 2015, etc.

I can only assume he might be DLC then, because all this is still very odd and doesn't add up.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Skull Kid doesn't appear to be a boss either...
We. Have. Only. Seen. Two. Bosses.

We have no confirmation on whether or not Skull Kid is a boss. We haven't gotten a boss showcase for the single-player mode. We haven't gotten any hints about other bosses. There is still every possibility that he's a boss. We literally do not know. Claiming that he "doesn't appear to be one" when we have not been given the opportunity to know that is just silly.

Literally the only thing that showing off the Moon AT does is confirm that he either has another role in the game, or no role whatsoever. It doesn't make him playable or make it less likely that he's a boss. We have no way to know and no information to confirm one way or the other.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That does kinda look like Skull Kid; but I wouldn't give my hopes up on it. That roster already looks pretty ****ing good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just remember, the leak hasn't been confirmed yet, and this isn't exactly esrb 2.0, as of right now, it's essentially just blurry art, high effort blurry art. But this can still be an elaborate hoax.

I'm not giving up our base game spot until we get solid proof.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Also we know that five stages have not been revealed, Which could mean that those stages are for chracters from newly introduced franchises.

So the five stages could be from

Rhythm Heaven
Mach Rider
Golden Sun
Super Mario RPG
Banjo Kazooie

If he is not in the base roster, even though there are a lot of signs that he would be in. Sakurai could have planned him, but couldn't put him in the base game due to time constraints. unlike Melee and Brawl, characters that didn't make the roster due to time constraints or other issues can be added to through DLC.

Top Bottom