• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smash Apprentice
Even if it's the mask where's the rest of the body and kind of pose is that?
I don't think that's Skull Kid, even though that looks very much like the mask it wouldn't make sense for the leaker to not have said Skull Kid was in.

I'm just clarifying for others.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't think that's Skull Kid, even though that looks very much like the mask it wouldn't make sense for the leaker to not have said Skull Kid was in.

I'm just clarifying for others.
I could Skull Kid being that one that the leaker misses. Even with the best leakers; they often get one big thing wrong. Again though; just entertaining it's real lol xD

cybersai

Smash Ace
I would have rathered Skull Kid be deconfirmed to begin with like Waluigi was, etc. then wait all these months for nothing. All we can hope for is DLC I guess, but even then it's tough competition against newer franchises like ARMS, Xenoblade 2, a new Gen 8 Pokemon, or third parties.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I want to believe that Sakurai knows Zelda needs better representation than it currently has...I hope we don't have to wait another five years or however long until we get the next game before we see that though.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I want to believe that Sakurai knows Zelda needs better representation than it currently has...I hope we don't have to wait another five years or however long until we get the next game before we see that though.
People need to be louder about it tbh. This Skull Kid rush of support is nice, but people are too content with him ignoring a huge chunk of this series for him to feel like anything needs to be changed

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well we've been waiting 17 years already. Costume swaps to Twilight Princess designs, ALTTP Zelda, Toon Link, and OOT Ganondorf being back don't count

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
People need to be louder about it tbh. This Skull Kid rush of support is nice, but people are too content with him ignoring a huge chunk of this series for him to feel like anything needs to be changed
I think what the Zelda series really needs is a singular character to rally around. There are lots of popular characters from the franchise, and splitting the focus like that hurts all of them. Hopefully he sees this outburst of support, coupled with some of his other popular times, and decides Skull Kid is worth adding.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think what the Zelda series really needs is a singular character to rally around. There are lots of popular characters from the franchise, and splitting the focus like that hurts all of them. Hopefully he sees this outburst of support, coupled with some of his other popular times, and decides Skull Kid is worth adding.
I agree, but I think past LoZ stuff shouldn't suffer

cybersai

Smash Ace
Problem with it being Majora's Mask is it looks like just the mask itself laying on the ground with no Skull Kid there wearing it, lol

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
To ME it kinda looks like Skull Kid might be squatting by the bike; but again this is pure speculation on my end.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thankfully, it's most of the fan base, has come to agree on Skull Kid, and people are desperate for a new Zelda character. And he's certainly proven to be popular enough these past few months, we just need to keep talking about him! No letting him down! Prove his popular! Post on every blog post on Twitter! Show your support everywhere!!!

We need to fight harder than ever before! If there's another Ballot, we need to get the head start.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Problem with it being Majora's Mask is it looks like just the mask itself laying on the ground with no Skull Kid there wearing it, lol
He's halfway through his intro animation, so just the mask is there, and Skull Kid will be phasing in shortly. :laugh:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
My only worry is that he'll make it in as a boss or AT. If he's not in the base there's always DLC, but being an npc will kill his momentum

slambros

Smash Ace
I think Skull Kid is the only character left that stands a chance among those not clearly visible in the banner.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
My only worry is that he'll make it in as a boss or AT. If he's not in the base there's always DLC, but being an npc will kill his momentum
Honestly even if he is a boss I still think he could be DLC. I highly doubt they'd have an assist trophy for both skull kid and the moon.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
To be fair, as much as I like the idea of Skull Kid in Smash (Majora's Mask is love), Zelda is 100% perfectly represented as it is.

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is 100% perfectly represented as it is.
I get what you're trying to say, there are no glaring omissions that absolutely NEED to be in Smash-- but you could say the same of Mario characters after Melee, yet Mario still keeps getting characters like Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Daisy. Zelda is adequately represented, but it is overdue for a little kick in the pants.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
To be fair, as much as I like the idea of Skull Kid in Smash (Majora's Mask is love), Zelda is 100% perfectly represented as it is.
It's really not though, there's a total of 3 characters, one done very poorly, one repeated twice, and an alternate form one took in one of the games.

If you mean to say that the tri-force trio represent Zelda in its entirety then I have to hard disagree there. The Zelda world resets (almost) every single game. Unique mechanics of the majority of the series aren't even present, and neither are most of the very memorable characters that fill these incredible worlds.

People treat Zelda like it's Mario, a recurring cast rehashing the same game but with unique improvements and elements to each game. It's not, Zelda is like Fire Emblem, resetting its cast every game except for a small few characters. Yes those characters who return should be represented, but that doesn't mean that it's completely represented with just them.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I get what you're trying to say, there are no glaring omissions that absolutely NEED to be in Smash-- but you could say the same of Mario characters after Melee, yet Mario still keeps getting characters like Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Daisy. Zelda is adequately represented, but it is overdue for a little kick in the pants.
Honestly I wouldn't even 100% agree that it's representation is adequate. Yeah the characters that need to be there (Link, Zelda, Dorf) are there, but Dorf is still half baked, and I think that's an important part of properly representing something.

Plus large one time characters that have lasting impact are important too. SK, Midna imo are deserving of a spot in Smash. They've made a huge impact on how people view the series.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Ab
Thankfully, it's most of the fan base, has come to agree on Skull Kid, and people are desperate for a new Zelda character. And he's certainly proven to be popular enough these past few months, we just need to keep talking about him! No letting him down! Prove his popular! Post on every blog post on Twitter! Show your support everywhere!!!

We need to fight harder than ever before! If there's another Ballot, we need to get the head start.
absolutely! Does anyone have a list of the biggest forums/places to leave the most impact?

I'm pretty sure that's just the lights on his motorcycle but man it really does kind of look like Majora's Mask.

Whoa wait a minute...
Apparently Mach Rider's bike doesn't have those lights according to the art from the game. Saw someone post it on gamefaqs.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mario does have a glaring omission in Toad. Not that anybody’s hurrying to fix it...

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That is complete nonsense.

Three versions of Link and a Ganon who after four games is still a clone of a character from outside his series and plays nothing like he should does not add up to Zelda being "perfectly represented." While Link, Zelda, and Ganon are in almost every game, there are plenty of side characters who would be excellent for Smash and would really help to represent the series in a better, more diverse, more accurate way.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Is Toad really that glaring of an omission? I feel as if Waluigi is worse.
Toad’s right there in Super Mario Bros., delivering one of the most iconic lines in gaming, then immediately upgrades to playable in SMB2, and continues to be in basically every mainline title before finally landing a spinoff for himself.

Waluigi is glaring, don’t get me wrong, but Toad is pretty much criminal.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Toad’s right there in Super Mario Bros., delivering one of the most iconic lines in gaming, then immediately upgrades to playable in SMB2, and continues to be in basically every mainline title before finally landing a spinoff for himself.

Waluigi is glaring, don’t get me wrong, but Toad is pretty much criminal.
I guess it comes down to how I view him. I wouldn't mind, but Toad is still a generic race most of the time. Captain Toad added legitimacy, but people are split. I think either could work, and I think they make sense, but I don't see them as criminal

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ab

absolutely! Does anyone have a list of the biggest forums/places to leave the most impact?
For now, I want to focus on showing support on official blog posts on Twitter and facebook. Than a consistent stream of topics on gamefaqs, by different people. ResetEra would be good (but I don't think I have an adequate email to sign up) and maybe reddit if you have

But mostly comments on official posts made by Nintendo.

The inconsistency in the background though makes me pretty doubtful of the leak though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess it comes down to how I view him. I wouldn't mind, but Toad is still a generic race most of the time. Captain Toad added legitimacy, but people are split. I think either could work, and I think they make sense, but I don't see them as criminal
Toad is a generic species, though... the specific character Captain Toad didn't exist until after Smash 4 was released.
Toad being a generic race doesn’t really matter in a game where Yoshi, Inkling and Pokémon are playable.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Toad being a generic race doesn’t really matter in a game where Yoshi, Inkling and Pokémon are playable.
I don't like generalizing these thing, I feel like it's kind of a case by case basis. Yosh and Inklings have their own series, Yoshi is also way bigger of a deal, each Pokemon tends to be chosen in cooperation with the anime giving them a more personal connection. Toad being a depth choice for the Super Mario series is more justifiable to pass up on.

Once again, not saying they deserve to be left out, but I can see why they're passed up on

Smash Apprentice
Well, each Inkling and Pokemon look different from each other, but you do have a point about Yoshi. Are the different colors individual different Yoshis, or the same one swapping coloration?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well, each Inkling and Pokemon look different from each other, but you do have a point about Yoshi. Are the different colors individual different Yoshis, or the same one swapping coloration?
If Super Mario World and Super Mario Sunshine taught me anything, it's that Yoshi can change his colors based on what he eats

Top Bottom