• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
All I'm saying is, I want Smash Ultimate Skull Kid to fully embody Majora's Mask.
I just don't see why the art style is the problem. Skull Kid came from the same art style as Young Link, Tingle, Darunia, and Ruto. Do they also not fit in?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid is leaps and bounds my favourite character to play as in Hyrule War and I think he looks fantastic (I think it's the first time his model has been high quality enough to have separate fingers)

But I also think how he plays in Warriors shouldn't be how he plays in Smash. I'd rather see Sakurai's creative flair shine.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I just don't see why the art style is the problem. Skull Kid came from the same art style as Young Link, Tingle, Darunia, and Ruto. Do they also not fit in?
If you like Skull Kid in HW, that's diversity. HW's color scheme takes the colorfulness away from the Mask for me.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pretty cool stuff. Deku Curse is even featured on the thumbnail! i'm a big fan of this idea obviously. Personally i would love if Talt and Tael were part of his moveset, i think it's a great idea to have the 'MM intro' version of Skullkid where he's still a trickster and less a monster (personal preference). I know there's not much to pick from in terms of moves but the tendrils smash attacks i find a bit weird. From what i recall, the mask never actually do this while it's still onto Skullkid's face... i wouldn't really mind if they do it this way but still, again that's only personal preferences...

Teleportation for Up-B kind of bugs me a little too. There's already :ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultzelda::ultsheik: with UpB teleportation plus it would be cool to have him float somehow (i was thinking kind of like Pit's UpB in Brawl, flying for a limited amount of time). Even better if he could float back to the stage in this position, laughing :reverse::

As long as he makes it into the game, whatever the moveset i'd be more than happy.

And btw the video is showing the exact same Final Smash idea as the one NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy posted yesterday! Maybe this Zeltik takes his ideas from smashboards :p

Or they are the same person... hmmm... pretty suspicious :p
Well, goddamn that straight up is my Final Smash idea... Oh well...?

Dude, if I had even a minuscule amount of the equipment that Zeltik has you can believe me I'd be making some damn videos.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How will you celebrate the day he gets confirmed? I hope I at least get my majora's mask I ordered from Etsy by then lol, and I guess I would play the game again (N64 version baby)

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
How will you celebrate the day he gets confirmed? I hope I at least get my majora's mask I ordered from Etsy by then lol, and I guess I would play the game again (N64 version baby)
Probably start a run of MM for my 3DS, I've also been interested in buying an Ocarina and learning how to play some Zelda songs to pass the time until Smash

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I would already be playing MM3D again right now because I've been in an MM mood for weeks now, but I'm so tired of looking at the 3DS's miniscule screen after a year and a half of the Switch and I just can't bring myself to do it.

So I guess to celebrate, I'll come here and rejoice, and then sit around wishing Nintendo would do an HD Zelda collection for the Switch.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Probably wait a bit for some reaction vids to come out. Watching people react is fun and gets me hype all over again :)

Anop

Smash Apprentice
Zelda definitely needs a newcomer and Skull Kid seems like the strongest competitor for that role!! It would be really hype if he makes it in..

Add me to the support list! Im pretty sure he is making it :grin:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Probably wait a bit for some reaction vids to come out. Watching people react is fun and gets me hype all over again :)
This. I love watching reactions, specially from people who didn't get spoiled by leaks, it's awesome.

mikey661

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mikey661
3DS FC
5429-8052-2152
Skull kid has gotta be announced in the next direct, i'm calling it 100%.

Also add me to the support list!

GigaRidley

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-3298-5285
Switch FC
SW 7210-7639-6413
I'd like to be added to the support list! I've been sleeping on Skull Kid for a while, but the more I think about it, the more I realize he'd be a great fit for Smash Ultimate.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I would already be playing MM3D again right now because I've been in an MM mood for weeks now, but I'm so tired of looking at the 3DS's miniscule screen after a year and a half of the Switch and I just can't bring myself to do it.

So I guess to celebrate, I'll come here and rejoice, and then sit around wishing Nintendo would do an HD Zelda collection for the Switch.
I was playing MM3D too, until a little thing called Hollow Knight completely distracted me...but I really want to get back to my Majora run. It's times like this I wish days were twice as long. Perhaps I should buy an ocarina and play a certain song backwards...;)

Probably get drunk and dance like this :) :

I remember perfecting that dance when I was 12. There may or may not be footage somewhere of my performance...which must never come to light, lol.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BALH3K30RVk

This appears to be a roster photograph leak that was deleted from 4chan, showing... some characters. Skull Kid is one of them. I can't identify any of the portraits used for the characters in this "leaked" image but it doesn't look unbelievable.

I know that grasping for leaks is not healthy, but I found this one very interesting and more legitimate than others. If it does turn out to be the real deal leak, with Banjo-Kazooie and Black Shadow on top of Skull Kid, I would be very excited.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BALH3K30RVk

This appears to be a roster photograph leak that was deleted from 4chan, showing... some characters. Skull Kid is one of them. I can't identify any of the portraits used for the characters in this "leaked" image but it doesn't look unbelievable.

I know that grasping for leaks is not healthy, but I found this one very interesting and more legitimate than others. If it does turn out to be the real deal leak, with Banjo-Kazooie and Black Shadow on top of Skull Kid, I would be very excited.
I saw it pointed out on Gamefaqs that Skull Kid is missing a couple of spikes.

Still, a combo of Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Banjo would make me very happy, but I think Banjo is also very unlikely at this point

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Someone pointed out that the Banjo render is the same as Omni's Smashified version of him, so we're gonna have to call this one fake.

Also, I'm really ****ing tired of "leaks" being the blurriest photos imaginable. It's 2018, guys, come on. Camera technology is better than that.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Someone pointed out that the Banjo render is the same as Omni's Smashified version of him, so we're gonna have to call this one fake.

It's not hextupleyoodot's Banjo^^, shading on the muzzle and dimension on the forehead are completely different, but it does look like this one edited from Grunty's Revenge:

Also that Inceneroar:

I hate leakers for making leaks equally as much as I hate myself for briefly buying them.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm still concerned over how Skull Kid's waiting animation will pin out. I really don't want Skull Kid to be looked at as the autism character. Haha

Even give me something like this.

Skull Kid/Majora can actually be chill, calm and collected. He don't need to be dramatically hype all the time.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they will re purpose the assist model and touch it up, or if they will start from scratch with his model, I'm guessing they will start from scratch, speaking of which, does anybody know what they did with the Dark Samus model? This may give us the answer.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
"Falling moon not available" lol… have they been teasing the separation of the moon from skull kid all along?
unknown.png

I wonder if they will re purpose the assist model and touch it up, or if they will start from scratch with his model, I'm guessing they will start from scratch, speaking of which, does anybody know what they did with the Dark Samus model? This may give us the answer.
I honestly hope to god it's an entire new model (and i think it will be, honestly). Something closer to being detailed as the HW model maybe.

As for dark samus… Well it certainly looks WAY BETTER than the AT from Sm4sh.
dbc.jpg

dark-samus-super-smash-bros-ultimate-screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I’m reasonably sure all models are remade from scratch. Particularly for the official render.

I don’t know if they remade the Sm4sh assists who stayed assists. Ditto some background elements - Viridi was remade, but I think people have said that the one time they saw Tails on GHZ, it was still an old model.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
"Falling moon not available" lol… have they been teasing the separation of the moon from skull kid all along?
View attachment 159872

I honestly hope to god it's an entire new model (and i think it will be, honestly). Something closer to being detailed as the HW model maybe.

As for dark samus… Well it certainly looks WAY BETTER than the AT from Sm4sh.
View attachment 159873
View attachment 159875
Well if Dark Samus got that big of a glow up, I am very excited to see what they will do with Skull kid.(this is assuming he will become a playable fighter)

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I’m reasonably sure all models are remade from scratch. Particularly for the official render.

I don’t know if they remade the Sm4sh assists who stayed assists. Ditto some background elements - Viridi was remade, but I think people have said that the one time they saw Tails on GHZ, it was still an old model.
I noticed that Ashley's eyes are now red, instead of black. That's the only difference I was able to find regarding returning Assist Trophies. If Skull Kid were to become an Assist again, they probably won't change him much.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Going from AT to playable is a massive leap, his model would no doubt be remade from scratch, especially considering he'd be a completely unique character (meaning he'd be added long before time constraints are a factor).

If he's in I hope that they tone down his colors a bit, his Smash 4 model looked off to me because of how bright the orange colors were, took away from his usually withering look.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Going from AT to playable is a massive leap, his model would no doubt be remade from scratch, especially considering he'd be a completely unique character (meaning he'd be added long before time constraints are a factor).

If he's in I hope that they tone down his colors a bit, his Smash 4 model looked off to me because of how bright the orange colors were, took away from his usually withering look.
I need to comment on this. I absolutely agree to the fullest. Skull Kid's color scheme is supposed to be darker shaded, which is a good thing. While the mask is supposed to be like this.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
How will you celebrate the day he gets confirmed?
Definitely going to have to get myself a copy of Majora's Mask 3D.

Surprisingly, I've never played the game, yet Skull Kid is my #1 pick to get in Smash right now. It's amazing how much a design can really appeal to someone!

If Skull Kid doesn't make the base roster(Which I'm certain he will!) then I have a lot of hope for DLC. In fact, regardless I kinda hope Sakurai does another Ballot before the initial wave of DLC so he can get a good idea of what characters we want to see. The only reason why I'd like this is so we just don't get bombarded with new characters only. Sure Rex/Pyra or an ARMs character would be amazing, but I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some characters like Chibi-Robo, Dillon, Ashley, etc...(It'd be really neat to see a character lose AT status and promote to playable in the same game rather than the one right after)

UserKev

Smash Champion
What's interesting, where will they go with Skull Kid's amiibo?

I totally wouldn't boycott if they reuse this. Hahahaha

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What's interesting, where will they go with Skull Kid's amiibo?

I totally wouldn't boycott if they reuse this. Hahahaha
Does definitely seem to be one of his most iconic poses.

Considering that both Belmonts got character poses based on their respective boxarts, I can see them using a look-at-his-hand pose at least in the mural. They may choose to make his official art something that has a relatively unobstructed view of his mask since that's also what ends up in the HUD.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Could definitely see this pose being his render art. Could also see something akin to his render art for Hyrule Warriors where he is laying in the air

Last edited:

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
would be really cool to have his amiibo in his creepy dance pose. Don't think We've seen that one done yet. :)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
would be really cool to have his amiibo in his creepy dance pose. Don't think I've seen that one done yet. :)

Actually was his trophy in the last game.

Ugh, I forgot how bright his colors were. Hyrule Warriors did him much better.

Would be fun to get a pose from his intro here after the mask appears where he twists his body and head oddly like a creepy marionette

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind having the amiibo use his updated artwork for the 3DS version… and if floating, even better, i don't mind a transparent piece of plastic being stuck to his butt, lol
latest-1.png

Top Bottom