• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m really excited, things are looking really good for Skull Kid, and I’ll be really happy if a character like him who was previously thought to be long-gone will get a spot in Smash. Hopefully he’s announced soon!

Also a question for you guys, anyone think him and Impa could have a dual-reveal?

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Man, after all the sudden bombardment of hints and hidden details I think both Skull Kid and Isaac are everything but officially confirmed. There's a point when so many coincidences just seem surreal.

And what do you guys think his Final Smash could be? The Moon is already both an assist and a stage element. Since most likely he's possessed by Majora's Mask, I'd love to see Majora's Wrath whipping everyone in a furious frenzy! Yeah, now that you think of it... The character you play as would actually be Majora lol

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I’m really excited, things are looking really good for Skull Kid, and I’ll be really happy if a character like him who was previously thought to be long-gone will get a spot in Smash. Hopefully he’s announced soon!

Also a question for you guys, anyone think him and Impa could have a dual-reveal?
I would really want them to have a dual reveal, but if dark samus wasn't revealed with ridley, and since Dixie(i know she isnt confirmed, but i think shes gonna be in) wasn't revealed with k rool, I think Impa will just get revealed in a segment about echos

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
True, but if we assume that Sakurai knows how popular he is (and there's a bit of evidence supporting that), I feel like he would have already shown him off as an AT along with the other popular picks like Waluigi, Shovel Knight, etc. I must believe.
That + he knows Skull kid was wanted if he had to go and tweet confirming he was an AT back then and tell us that he was indeed not playable back then… I'm pretty sure Sakurai hasn't forgotten the amount of fans wanting Skull kid and how he is making us believe he is in with a skull kid AT MIA so far in Ultimate.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Man, after all the sudden bombardment of hints and hidden details I think both Skull Kid and Isaac are everything but officially confirmed. There's a point when so many coincidences just seem surreal.

And what do you guys think his Final Smash could be? The Moon is already both an assist and a stage element. Since most likely he's possessed by Majora's Mask, I'd love to see Majora's Wrath whipping everyone in a furious frenzy! Yeah, now that you think of it... The character you play as would actually be Majora lol
You know, this would be awesome. I also had another thought...

The moon being an AT doesnt necessarily mean it cant be his final smash. I was thinking a cutscene final smash like Ridley's or Rool's where you appear on clock tower and have the moon dropped onto you. We've already seen things that appear in final smashes also be items/ATs (olimars ship and shulks little partner, dunno the names)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don’t really see what the point would be if Sakurai announcing the Moon as an Assist and then announcing Skull Kid as one, that just wouldn’t make sense.

All the signs are pointing towards his promotion.

UserKev

Smash Champion
You can even argue the Heroes Vs. Villains theme Smash Ultimate has going for it, really has Sakurai aware of Skull Kid.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/2...smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/

Woke up to this, I know people are worried about ballot performance. But in the same article he refers to Dark Samus and Chrom as popular picks, both of whom were deconfirmed in Smash 4.

It doubles down on 100 stages, which I personally think eliminates a lot of competition.
Hmm, that doesn't bode well for characters outside of already established franchises though, does it? :ohwell: Especially for third party characters. Then again, R.O.B. never got his own stage. But man, things are looking better and better for Skull Kid. Not to mention, Majora's Mask costume was made available in the very first wave of both Smash Bros. WiiU and Breath of the Wild DLC (next to Tingle and Midna). There's absolutely no denying his popularity, especially with Nintendo staff themselves.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There's really nothing to worry about considering that 103 kinda obviously won't be the final number since that Monster Hunter stage isn't included on the menu or on the website at all.
Monster Hunter stage feels very single player specific (like the arena where you fight Dracula, which is separate from the stage) . Similar to the boss arenas from Subspace. I highly doubt it will be available in Multi-player

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter stage feels very single player specific (like the arena where you fight Dracula, which is separate from the stage) . Similar to the boss arenas from Subspace. I highly doubt it will be available in Multi-player
I just feel it'd be a waste of resources if it's a solely single player thing. They could just edit it mildly to make it fit better to multiplayer. Also I highly doubt there's gonna be a whole Monster Hunter section in the single player if there's no Monster Hunter character to go with it (I feel like there will be one but eh).

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
I just feel it'd be a waste of resources if it's a solely single player thing. They could just edit it mildly to make it fit better to multiplayer. Also I highly doubt there's gonna be a whole Monster Hunter section in the single player if there's no Monster Hunter character to go with it (I feel like there will be one but eh).
We've had stuff like a Animal Crossing Stage without a Animal crossing character before, so it's not too out of the question

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
We've had stuff like a Animal Crossing Stage without a Animal crossing character before, so it's not too out of the question
That is true, yeah. I wouldn't really bat an eye at it if it was a first party thing, but because it's a third party franchise it gets me going hmmmmmmmmm. Also I feel Capcom's been pushing MonHun lately so I feel like they'd go all in instead of half way.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Never got a chance to come in here and say, Majora's Mask is my favorite all time Zelda game, and tied with MGS4 for my favorite game of all time. So, yeah, I'd say I support his inclusion. Seeing this crazy amount of Skull Kid references recently makes me think he has a pretty good shot this time.

Funny thing is, he's always been my favorite Zelda Villain choice but I've always told myself that there was no way in hell they would add a character from Majora's Mask. I just never thought it was possible. And now we're here.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Never got a chance to come in here and say, Majora's Mask is my favorite all time Zelda game, and tied with MGS4 for my favorite game of all time. So, yeah, I'd say I support his inclusion. Seeing this crazy amount of Skull Kid references recently makes me think he has a pretty good shot this time.

Funny thing is, he's always been my favorite Zelda Villain choice but I've always told myself that there was no way in hell they would add a character from Majora's Mask. I just never thought it was possible. And now we're here.
I know what you mean man. MM is still my favorite zelda game, followed by OoT and Botw (i love all of zelda games with passion anyways). I even have a papercraft Majora's Mask made hanging on my room's mirror, but its colors have mostly faded away because of the time, lol (Yeah and i also love polygonal models, that's why I made it on papercraft instead of making a more normally shaped mask).
DlPS0lxU8AE5ESb.jpg

So yeah, I love it… I always wanted Skull kid since Melee. I really hope he gets his chance now

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know what you mean man. MM is still my favorite zelda game, followed by OoT and Botw (i love all of zelda games with passion anyways). I even have a papercraft Majora's Mask made hanging on my room's mirror, but its colors have mostly faded away because of the time, lol (Yeah and i also love polygonal models, that's why I made it on papercraft instead of making a more normally shaped mask).
View attachment 159224
So yeah, I love it… I always wanted Skull kid since Melee. I really hope he gets his chance now
Heh, I once made my own Majora's Mask, but mine was just a piece of paper with Majora's Mask printed on it glued to a piece of cardboard. I liked it but it was so worthless I couldn't really justify keeping it in the most recent move.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Heh, I once made my own Majora's Mask, but mine was just a piece of paper with Majora's Mask printed on it glued to a piece of cardboard. I liked it but it was so worthless I couldn't really justify keeping it in the most recent move.
I would like to get one made with wood maybe and with LEDs for the eyes so that they can turn on in the dark and such, but I don't know how to do that stuff or where to get the wood mask made around where I live, lol. Someday…

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid is one of my most wanted characters alongside Lloyd Irving, Geno, and Isaac. Actually have a Majora's Mask pendant I wear all the time. Consider me a supporter.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I would like to get one made with wood maybe and with LEDs for the eyes so that they can turn on in the dark and such, but I don't know how to do that stuff or where to get the wood mask made around where I live, lol. Someday…
Be careful Majora doesn't awaken on you. Haha

I was looking to make one out of wood for Comiccon and tumbled on this awesome 'tutorial'

The guy does other cool nerdy stuff too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSC1HqVmTaE4Shn32ihbC7w

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
Oh boi… I'm feeling temptation now, just like skull kid when he found the MM for the first time… lol
Make sure to save up cash, because most of those on etsy are pretty pricey, as expected for Live Majora's Mask models and masks. The average price I see for masks being between 300-400 bucks. The masks look worth the money though, and seem to be crafted very well.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Unrelated to Skull Kid, if we were going to get a Monster Hunter character it would have been revealed alongside the boss / stage in a big content extravaganza like what they did with Castlevania. I think the fact they showed Rathalos and no other Monster Hunter content kind of confirms that there will be no Monster Hunter character.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don’t know if anyone talked about a trailer opening yet? but I think it should play out like the opening of MM, where Skulk Kid and his fairy's jump young link, and take his stuff.

If it does go that route. I would hope Skull kid gets a taunt in which he plays the ocarina of time

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Majora's Visage Majora's Visage

Your Avatar bro...

I ****ing love Terrible Fate. Ember Labs did a phenomenal job with that short. I'm a 100% positive I've seen that video over 100 times before but... what will one more time hurt?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
20180822_222950-1.jpg

So talking about Etsy I bought this mini Majora for my keychain a couple of months ago but I realized it doesn't go well at all with my pocket. Hence the broken horn. I love it though

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Man, all this Majora merch is making me drool, lol...I wish I had disposable income.

I'll just have to settle for the Majora's Mask pin I got for preordering Code Name Steam. :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So if Skull Kid made it in, what would his victory theme be? Asking because I can't picture him having the usual Zelda one (also because K. Rool and Ridley have unique ones).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So if Skull Kid made it in, what would his victory theme be? Asking because I can't picture him having the usual Zelda one (also because K. Rool and Ridley have unique ones).
The song of healing backwards

lol, j/k

Edit:

For a real answer

A version of this song, but more upbeat

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just gonna share this video. Speaks positively about Skull Kid without talking too much about furniture

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Majora's Visage Majora's Visage

Your Avatar bro...

I ****ing love Terrible Fate. Ember Labs did a phenomenal job with that short. I'm a 100% positive I've seen that video over 100 times before but... what will one more time hurt?
Yeah it is amazing. I can watch the video over and over again too lol. Too bad this didn't come out alongside Majora's Mask 3D! On the other hand, coming out recently keeps Majora's Mask and Skull Kid relevant in discussions :)

Top Bottom