• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
While I'd obviously still be excited for Skull Kid, I would still be disheartened that he couldn't have his own newcomer trailer when every other newcomer since the beginning of Smash 4 got their own reveal to themselves, sharing only with veterans and clones. The spotlight was still on them.

And that he'd be reveal which such an awful character, that I know everyone would all focus on that stupid irrelevant nobody like he should have been in 10 years ago and Skull Kid would be overlooked by everyone. I want a trailer filled to the brim with Majora's Mask fan service. Not some half arsed nothing being shared with nothing. For all we know he wouldn't even get Majora's Mask music in his reveal. It wouldn't be fair on Skull Kid
I agree with you on the point of newcomers not sharing trailers, but lighten up on the character hate. Regardless of your personal opinions on Geno, people really want him, and have been wanting him for years. And to come at the character like that in light of all their fans strikes me as rude and needlessly inflammatory. You're the creator of this support thread, so in a way you sort of represent the Skull Kid supporters here, so ease up on the hate if just for their sake.

While I'd obviously still be excited for Skull Kid, I would still be disheartened that he couldn't have his own newcomer trailer when every other newcomer since the beginning of Smash 4 got their own reveal to themselves, sharing only with veterans and clones. The spotlight was still on them.

And that he'd be reveal which such an awful character, that I know everyone would all focus on that stupid irrelevant nobody like he should have been in 10 years ago and Skull Kid would be overlooked by everyone. I want a trailer filled to the brim with Majora's Mask fan service. Not some half arsed nothing being shared with nothing. For all we know he wouldn't even get Majora's Mask music in his reveal. It wouldn't be fair on Skull Kid
I agree with you on the point of newcomers not sharing trailers, but lighten up on the character hate. Regardless of your personal opinions on Geno, people really want him, and have been wanting him for years. And to come at the character like that in light of all their fans strikes me as rude and needlessly inflammatory. You're the creator of this support thread, so in a way you sort of represent the Skull Kid supporters here, so ease up on the hate if just for their sake.
Good points. To be fair NintenRob NintenRob seems very passionate and i can understand why. Honestly i thought the anti-Geno thing was just some sort of 'support threads rivalry' like we sometime see on smashboards... but i could very well be wrong . In any case i'm pretty sure private messaging works well for conversations like this (don't get me wrong, it's important to address problems just easier this way imo).

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just have somewhat high standards when it comes to characters for Smash. They're either iconic, important to their franchise, the main character of their game, or in some cases just a harmless low effort clone. Third Parties especially, I have the highest standard with.

And Geno, just doesn't meet those standards, he doesn't even come close. I just feel there are many Mario characters better, and many Square Enix characters better

Skull Kid is incredibly iconic. And is the main antagonist of one of the most beloved and most talked about games in the series. He is the icon of that game. And this has been felt throughout the series, the Majora's Mask is seen again in multiple games, sometimes outside of series. So not only do I want him beyond anything, I believe he's completely justified. And I thought this well before any leaks started mentioning him.

Compared to another characters I'd want, Baby Mario or Daroach. If I wanted to, I could probably make an argument for them to be in Smash, but in the end I admit neither probably shouldn be in Smash.

To me, Geno has less reason to be in Smash then both those characters. Having a very vocal fan base doesn't change just how insignificant he is to me. Doesn't help his one game (of which he's a side character in) didn't even release in my country until the Wii.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I just have somewhat high standards when it comes to characters for Smash.
Kind of too late for that when you look at all the losers Smash has had added to it man.

I however am fully on Team Puppetbros. A Skull Kid and Geno double reveal trailer would be the hypest ****.

Fane

Smash Journeyman

I wouldn't worry about it.

No trailer has intertwined different series newcomers together since Sm4sh.

-Villager introduced with the reveal of Wii U/3DS
-Mega Man revealed via his own trailer at the end of the intro to Sm4sh.
-Wii Fit Trainer revealed in her own trailer later on.
-Rosalina & Luma
-Little Mac
-Charizard returning alone + Greninja
-Mii Fighters
-Palutena + Dark Pit(100% sure that was his reveal, nobody got the hint tho)
-Pac-Man
-Robin + Lucina with Captain Falcon revealed to return
-Shulk
-Bowser Jr.
-Duck Hunt

Then to Ultimate:
-Inkling revealed alongside the teaser of Ultimate
-Daisy revealed along with the Echo Fighter schtick.
-Ridley revealed at the end of E3
-Simon Belmont + Richter Belmont revealed
-Chrom + Dark Samus revealed as Echoes after Richter's Echo spotlight
-King K. Rool at the end

It appears that every unique newcomer will receive their own trailer. Echoes are likely going to be revealed w/o trailer unless they Echo the newcomer themselves.

I however am fully on Team Puppetbros. A Skull Kid and Geno double reveal trailer would be the hypest ****.
Team Puppetbros! Copyright that :p As we were talking earlier, the creative material for the trailer would be insane.

At least for fans of both Skull Kid and Geno it would certainly be crazy.

Anyway whatever happens i'm pretty confident it will be extremely well done as all the other trailers so far.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It doesn't matter too much to me if Loz is fake or not, obviously I hope he's right. But I believe there's enough evidence elsewhere for me to continue believing that Skull Kid is playable.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter too much to me if Loz is fake or not, obviously I hope he's right. But I believe there's enough evidence elsewhere for me to continue believing that Skull Kid is playable.
Well said. I just didn't understand how people ruled out his credibility etc.

I do think that there is enough to warrant his inclusion. Majora's Mask 3D release / Operation moonfall right before when Smash Ultimate planning was going on.. Sakurai talking down the fact that Skull Kid was an AT in Smash4, knowing people want him, Moon AT.. There is quite a bit to support his inclusion

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
There's a conspiracy theory going around that because he said he was gonna lay low for a while, Nintendo sent out fake leaks to snuff out leakers, so people have convinced themselves that he was talking nonsense.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

I do think that there is enough to warrant his inclusion. Majora's Mask 3D release / Operation moonfall right before when Smash Ultimate planning was going on.. Sakurai talking down the fact that Skull Kid was an AT in Smash4, knowing people want him, Moon AT.. There is quite a bit to support his inclusion
Before the latest direct people believed everything he said and didn't believe vergeben, now they switched, the smash community makes me wanna bash my head against a table sometimes, why would you rule out people who have gotten many things right in the past for your theory about about him being sent fake info?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Before the latest direct people believed everything he said and didn't believe vergeben, now they switched, the smash community makes me wanna bash my head against a table sometimes, why would you rule out people who have gotten many things right in the past for your theory about about him being sent fake info?
They do have some conflicting info, so I can see why people wouldn't believe them both. At the very least, Vergeben says Isabelle, loz18 says no Isabelle. At least regarding that, one of them has bad information.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
They do have some conflicting info, so I can see why people wouldn't believe them both. At the very least, Vergeben says Isabelle, loz18 says no Isabelle. At least regarding that, one of them has bad information.
I thought Loz18 said he thought she wouldn't be in? Not that he knew, maybe I'm remembering wrong,

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for clarifying. So Loz said Skull Kid was in. Did Vergeben deny, or has not commented on Skull Kid's inclusion

Regardless of what each of them said, I think Skull Kid has a great shot

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I thought Loz18 said he thought she wouldn't be in? Not that he knew, maybe I'm remembering wrong,
I believe he said he had heard nothing about Isabelle and had no idea where Vergeben was getting his info. I suppose they could both be right.

Thanks for clarifying. So Loz said Skull Kid was in. Did Vergeben deny, or has not commented on Skull Kid's inclusion

Regardless of what each of them said, I think Skull Kid has a great shot
I don't think Vergeben has said anything regarding Skull Kid. His most recent post was, I believe, a confirmation of Ken.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't believe Vergeben has said anything more other than Isabelle, Ken, and a Gen 7 Pokemon(Specifically mentioning Incineroar)
He said the Pokémon wouldn't be Decidueye (:(), Mimikyu, or Lycanroc. I don't know if he explicitly said Incineroar or not.

EDIT: Incineroar does seem like the only choice left though.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I didn't see anyone bothered about it with Luigi in the simon reveal or mario and megaman in the ridley one… but ok i will admit that there is indeed a charm in revealing a character along characters of the same series, that IS true for sure.
Luigi, MM and Mario were all already confirmed, returning veterans.
It's a completely different situations from an unique trailer to reveal 2 or more completely different newcomers

UserKev

Smash Champion
To me, Geno has less reason to be in Smash then both those characters. Having a very vocal fan base doesn't change just how insignificant he is to me. Doesn't help his one game (of which he's a side character in) didn't even release in my country until the Wii.
I can't get understand the Geno hype either. Is he supposed to fight like Deidara? Also, I believe Geno only looks right in 2D.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Overall I don't understand why we should talk about Geno so much in SK's thread.Geno already has a pretty big support topic of his own

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
New here! Please add me to the supporters!

Had a few ideas for how I wanted Skull Kid to play. Here's how I envision it going down.

Skull Kid operates as a lightweight, floaty character with excellent range, slightly quick speed and medium offensive power, and poor defense. Though he is small, he has deceptive reach and offensive abilities, living up to his trickster reputation. Skull Kid attacks with both his own body and with his fairies, Tatl and Tael, similarly to Luma. Tatl and Tael have weak attack power, whereas Skull Kid's attacks are stronger, empowered by dark magic, altogether giving him weak physical attacks at a longer-than-usual range, and more powerful, risky immediate range attacks. Similarly, fairy attacks have fairly quick animations, although Skull Kid's physical attacks have slightly more animation lag. Skull Kid also grabs with his fairies, giving him a slight range advantage. Grab attacks employ physical attacks and eye lasers. Usual strategies will have Skull Kid keeping his opponents at a slight range, whittling up their damage while dodging and darting around them until he can move in close for more deadly, riskier moves.

B - Blow Dart: Can't have Skull Kid without his trusty blow dart. Skull Kid shoots a dart in front of him. Quick and causes flinching, but slower rate of fire than Falco's laser. Can be charged by holding B for about 2-3 seconds to fire a dart that will leave opponents dazed briefly. Doesn't daze if opponent is in the air.

B > - Spin Attack: Borrowing from his boss battle move in MM the game, Skull Kid disappears into his mask as a dark aura surrounds it and spins forward, lashing out with tentacles. Quick, with a medium-sized hit box, but only travels one direction. If the mask directly connects with anyone in front of it, it will halt in its tracks, grabbing and hurling the opponent forward with its tentacles (and knocking down anyone in that thrown opponent's path), after which Skull Kid pops back out of the aura again with some lag. Doesn't do much damage, but has good knockback.

B ^ - Lost Leaves: Harkening back to OoT/TP roots, Skull Kid disappears into a flurry of leaves, reappearing elsewhere at directional input. Doesn't inflict damage, but it is quick, has moderate range, and very little landing lag. If caught in the leaves, opponents are left facing the opposite direction from Skull Kid, a la Mario's cape.

B v - Curse: Skull Kid's Deku Scrub curse is probably his most classic move apart from bringing down the moon, and it would be a shame to waste it. Another forum poster mentioned the idea of a curse, functioning like Wario Waft, and I love this idea. Passively charges, and when activated, creates an area of effect that inflicts a random curse on opponents caught in its range, including dazed, poisoned, tiny, sleep, and invisibility. Delayed activation will increase the curse's area of effect hit box, potentially inflicting many opponents. Does not discriminate against allied players.

Final Smash - Majora's Wrath: Skull Kid transforms into Majora's Wrath, opening up a cinematic where he gives opponents hell with a flurry of tentacle lashes. To activate Majora's Wrath, Skull Kid briefly transforms into Majora's Incarnation as he chicken-dashes forward, attempting to trample a foe.

Taunts: (1) Skull Kid takes his classic leisurely pose in mid-air, giving a cackle. (2) Skull Kid lifts Majora's Mask slightly so you can see his face, looking around briefly before slipping it back on. (3) Skull Kid does a dance while playing Saria's Song on Link's stolen ocarina.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Though I never finished playing MM (due to hating time mechanics) I always loved Skull Kid and thought he'd be a great addition to Smash so count me in as a supporter!

Unpopular opinion: I hope he makes it in with his TP design. That just looks so damn awesome.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I kind of want Skull Kid's tentacle swung to be his forward Smash and have his flute be his Rush forward A hit. Skull Kid has huge opportunities for a badass move set, its hard to pick one. I can even see Skull Kid using his flute as his forward Smash hit.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There's a conspiracy theory going around that because he said he was gonna lay low for a while, Nintendo sent out fake leaks to snuff out leakers, so people have convinced themselves that he was talking nonsense.
He now replied to me on twitter after I read a new tweet of his saying they have no further information on his role in the game now. Which is total discrepancy from his attitude hinting at him last night. I absolutely lost 100% trust on this fool… He is absolutely trolling right now, or he just sucks at keeping his own facts straight.

On the other hand, yeah, I think there is enough stuff pointing out that Skull kid will be playable, so i will just hold on to those hints and points for now, i'm done listening to that loz guy.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to point this out guys (and Its usually unintentional so I mean this in a supportive way). Putting down someone else's characters while trying to promote your own, does more damage than good. It divides, and makes certain people bitter that may have originally joined.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Listen, I know everything looks good and it feels like they're hinting at things, but please try to keep a level head. I saw this happen last time too, and it just makes the disappointment more crushing if it doesn't come to pass. I know it can be exciting, but I feel like if a tease doesn't come directly from Sakurai, we can't assume it means anything. I don't want anyone getting their hopes too high in case it doesn't pan out, that's all.

That said, this might be a good sign. If there's anyone we can trust to have info on the roster, it's the guy who says everyone's names.

It might also be nothing. We just don't know.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That said, this might be a good sign. If there's anyone we can trust to have info on the roster, it's the guy who says everyone's names.

It might also be nothing. We just don't know.
But from what we know, he does not know the true roster. Smash 4 had him say tons of names from video games. He gave no example, but I don't see why they would let him in on the secret now. So I think this is nothing.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I personally think there is enough reason (aside from the furniture) to believe Skull Kid has a real shot of being promoted in the game to some degree (aside from an Assist Trophy). Whether he be a playable character or an integral part of that new mode as a boss, or both, without loz18's pitch. The biggest ones being his past popularity since Brawl, and the coincidence with Majora's Mask 3D's release that features possibly the most iconic version of Link in the series (albeit from OoT) giving Sakurai and the team an updated render and hence an excuse to at least consider him.

Most of Skull Kid's potential in-franchise enemies have been slashed already (Ghirahim and Midna) and given AT status, and quite a few of the popular characters who previously drowned him out have either been added to the game already or given AT status. Sakurai's need to re-tweet Skull Kid's AT status in Smash 4 also says that he is aware of Skull Kid's popularity.

Still nothing concrete of course, but he certainly has more reasons to cogently believe he's been promoted within the game than some other popular characters do right now.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
The main issue seems to be that he made a lot of predictions for the August Direct that turned out to be flat out wrong. Now people are speculating that he has to “lay low” because they suspect the information he leaked was a way for Nintendo to smoke out leakers.

Check out this video for more info:

That said, he has got some information right, so I wouldn’t discount him completely. Just be cautious with leaks in general.

_____

On another note, I can’t be the only one that loves Majora’s Incarnation, right? That crazy ass mid stage of the final boss fight? You know, where Majora finally sprouts limbs and a head and proceeds to run around, moonwalk, and dance like a ballerina while sounding like some sort of maniacal chicken?! It’s just so bizarre and unique to say the least especially when it comes to final bosses! It really makes you wonder about the mental state of Majora... Anyway, I just really would like to see him represented in some way within Skull Kid’s moveset if he does get confirmed. Maybe those rapid energy attacks, or even a running animation? Haha, that would be awesome.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
To work around the staff issue, they'll probably just give Hilda some of Palutena's animations/moves that involve her staff (such as Palutena's forward tilt).
I mean yeah Ganondorf didn't have the sword on his animations up until now. So it's totally a doable thing.

You know how King K. Rool trailer started with the screen shaking and loud thud noises? How about Skull Kid's you hear faintly of that of the Clock going off, but over time gets louder and louder
Omg my heart would stop... this would be great! I hope this kind of trailer's teaser will continue in the future, that was sick.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Frankly I think the fact that Hilda has a big ol' staff and Zelda doesn't is a bit more damning than that Zelda costume, but as I've said before, Sakurai doesn't always care when designing clones. The fact that Zelda is based on her ALttP design makes it a tad more likely, I think.
In all honesty they can completely ignore the staff, or involve it in her FS. Dark Pit’s *render* uses the dark pit staff and it’s completely absent save for his FS.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
On another note, I can’t be the only one that loves Majora’s Incarnation, right? That crazy *** mid stage of the final boss fight? You know, where Majora finally sprouts limbs and a head and proceeds to run around, moonwalk, and dance like a ballerina while sounding like some sort of maniacal chicken?! It’s just so bizarre and unique to say the least especially when it comes to final bosses! It really makes you wonder about the mental state of Majora... Anyway, I just really would like to see him represented in some way within Skull Kid’s moveset if he does get confirmed. Maybe those rapid energy attacks, or even a running animation? Haha, that would be awesome.
That's easily my favorite part of the boss fight. It's so absurd and creepy, and I love it. It also has my favorite part of the boss theme. It really emphasizes the absolute insanity of Majora. Now I kinda want it as a boss lol (although I'd still rather have Skull Kid playable). I really need to play Majora's Mask again.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
On another note, I can’t be the only one that loves Majora’s Incarnation, right? That crazy *** mid stage of the final boss fight? You know, where Majora finally sprouts limbs and a head and proceeds to run around, moonwalk, and dance like a ballerina while sounding like some sort of maniacal chicken?! It’s just so bizarre and unique to say the least especially when it comes to final bosses! It really makes you wonder about the mental state of Majora... Anyway, I just really would like to see him represented in some way within Skull Kid’s moveset if he does get confirmed. Maybe those rapid energy attacks, or even a running animation? Haha, that would be awesome.
I like Majora's Incarnation to. I actually always had a liking for it with that, it now remind me of Tobi. Haha It has a interesting range of attacks and Majora's Wrath is honestly bland as comparison to it.

That's easily my favorite part of the boss fight. It's so absurd and creepy, and I love it. It also has my favorite part of the boss theme. It really emphasizes the absolute insanity of Majora. Now I kinda want it as a boss lol (although I'd still rather have Skull Kid playable). I really need to play Majora's Mask again.
I like Majora's Incarnation to. I actually always had a liking for it with that, it now remind me of Tobi. Haha It has a interesting range of attacks and Majora's Wrath is honestly bland as comparison to it.
Some people think it could be his Final Smash (since the moon is an AT now), but having him as a boss would be even better! It would do more justice to this awesome and awkward boss fight. People tend to want a mix between Majora and Skull Kid for moveset ideas, personally i think Skull Kid and Majora are two different entities and it would be weird to have Skull Kid using Majora's (final boss) attacks... anyway it's just my opinion.

I have this personal fantasy that his Final Smash could transform every figthers on the stage into Dekus (making them slower, weaker and and easier to knock-off...) would be sooooooo funny. hehehehe!

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Some people think it could be his Final Smash (since the moon is an AT now), but having him as a boss would be even better! It would do more justice to this awesome and awkward boss fight. People tend to want a mix between Majora and Skull Kid for moveset ideas, personally i think Skull Kid and Majora are two different entities and it would be weird to have Skull Kid using Majora's (final boss) attacks... anyway it's just my opinion.

I have this personal fantasy that his Final Smash could transform every figthers on the stage into Dekus (making them slower, weaker and and easier to knock-off...) would be sooooooo funny. hehehehe!
Rathalos is an AT and Boss. Is there a reason why Majora couldn't be alone and be a boss and Skull Kid + Majora's Mask be the playable character?

I mean ideally he will be playable for us, but still

Last edited:
Top Bottom