• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MARVEL Mafia - Over - Tomjester wins! - Inactivity abandoned

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well some one doesn't like Iron Man :'^(
Tom's being aggressive and trying to splice in sardonic wit...

Hmmmm....
Also, getting three 10's in a row out of 14 possibilities is a .003644%...yes, I am a nerd :(
Hey true believers, it looks like someone is roleclaiming Captain Obvious!

And there is no possibility that I DID get a ten?
There was a 1/10 chance of having the same result as Lombardi.( Not 1/14 since I set it to 1-10. Because I did not want to include me. (I did not do 1-13 and raised 11+ up by one because I was lazy.) )
Thats more complicated than Wolverine. Seriously.

The results of a random draw tells nothing about me.
Look at that formula again and tell me that’s “a random draw.” One through fourteen, except after C, and not including me, or eleven through thirteen. What kids are learning in school these days…

I am not bandwagoning.
Oh, really? Kids, if you only learn one thing from my class, let it be this. When Virgilijus said I sounded like mafia, Pikachunoob was the first to reply in agreement. When Lombardi voted BreakWing randomly, Pikachunoob got BreakWing randomly too. Thats not called bandwagoning?

Also, Eor, unvote me or I’ll murder you tonight.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I am not bandwagoning.
Evidence A.

(Also, I did not originally planned to vote based on the results and random.org. However, since my result coincided with Lobardi I thought I might as well change my mind.)
Evidence B.

So you wernt going to vote, but because someone else got the same thing, you also decided to vote? That sounds like bandwanding to me. Kinda suspicious to me. Why would that sway your vote?

Vote: pikachun00b

Also, Eor, unvote me or I’ll murder you tonight.

Do I smell something?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So I went grocery shopping today and saw the movie The Iron Giant was on sale for $9.99. However, being a poor college student I had to buy food instead...and it's such a good movie :(

Has everyone posted since confirming/hearing the scenario?

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
(Also, I did not originally planned to vote based on the results and random.org. However, since my result coincided with Lobardi I thought I might as well change my mind.)

So you wernt going to vote, but because someone else got the same thing, you also decided to vote? That sounds like bandwanding to me. Kinda suspicious to me. Why would that sway your vote?
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I just couldn't quite put it into words. So I am going to have to agree with Handorin on this one.

vote=pikachun00b7

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord

Vote: pikachun00b
In a way, it is bandwaggoning. But not because I am connected with Lombardi for whichever reason you are accusing me of (and I'm not). And not because I have a grudge against breakwing(which I don't). The reason is that the fact that I received the same results as Lombardi, which was somewhat funny to me. I wanted to show off my luck to the rest of the players. If Random.org picked an arbitrary number like "2" (which is you) then I would not have publicized the result on smashboards. But since I got a ten, I thought I would have gotten some attention ifI posted it.
But not the kind of attention you and Eor gave me.

Also, I am not sure what "bandwanding" is, but I probably did not do that. I hope.

Also(2), my finalized will probably not be Breakwing, anyway.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
In a way, it is bandwaggoning. But not because I am connected with Lombardi for whichever reason you are accusing me of (and I'm not). And not because I have a grudge against breakwing(which I don't)
I don't think anyone was trying to imply these ideas.

vote: Pikachuun00b7

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
pikachun00b7, bandwagoning is voting for someone because everybody else is doing it. I think you're being too defensive and assuming too much, but I don't think that warrants a vote, not in this situation anyway.

I'll also say that Robin is only in Teen Titans because DC wanted to make him look better by putting him next to all those lame characters nobody cares about. They also took the opportunity to give him pants.

Vote: Everyone who defended Robin

He's still lame.

Anyway, I'm just going to sit back and watch you all kill yourselves now.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone was trying to imply these ideas.

vote: Pikachuun00b7
And what ideas where they implying? What suspicion is strong enough to vote for me, other than an accusation of me being mafia? Can you explain any other suspicions from Handorin?

The fact is that a website gave me a coincidental result. I decided to act on it because it was slightly funny. However, a few people have been making wrongful accusations and assumptions.
I do not care whether I vote for breakwing or anyone else.
Therefore, I take back my vote for brakewing(though I am sure it is not going to take back your accusations) and redo a completely random draw(Including everyone this time), and I get...9. But I am not going to vote for spam master as I do not want to repeat what happened
with breakwing.

unvote: BreackWing
Finalized vote will come later.

Also Tom, my accusation of you on page 4 was not to be taken seriously.

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
I do not care whether I vote for breakwing or anyone else.
Therefore, I take back my vote for brakewing(though I am sure it is not going to take back your accusations) and redo a completely random draw(Including everyone this time), and I get...9. But I am not going to vote for spam master as I do not want to repeat what happened
with breakwing.

unvote: BreackWing

Hmm....Let's see. You misspelled my name not once, but twice in the same post. I'm just going to do some basic logic here. If you dont go to school, you turn to crime. If you dont go to school, you cant spell. Criminals are in the mafia. Therefore Mafia members cant spell.

So either Pikachun00b7 is mafia or he's just ********. I would like to think he's a ******** mafia.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Hmm....Let's see. You misspelled my name not once, but twice in the same post. I'm just going to do some basic logic here. If you dont go to school, you turn to crime. If you dont go to school, you cant spell. Criminals are in the mafia. Therefore Mafia members cant spell.

So either Pikachun00b7 is mafia or he's just ********. I would like to think he's a ******** mafia.
Oh whatever, I was typing fast. It was just shoddy typing.

I am not Mafia. Whether you think stupid or not is your decision.

Also, I italicized the words in your posts with missing punctuation( I may have missed some). However, I am not accusing you of being a ******** Mafia member.

Also, you were the only one who spelled my name correctly out of the three accusing me.

Right, bRiekl wiNgz?

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Crap, I forgot that quotes are automatically italicized.
Anyway, you needed an apostrophe in your both of your don't.
And a comma after your therefore. But it doesn't matter.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You need quotation marks around the words you are pointing out and a comma between "therefore" and "but".

I would also like to point out that I did spell your name right. Spelling involves letters, not numbers. Regardless if I left the 7 out, I still spelled it right.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't think anyone really cares if you spelled his name right or not. And pikachunoob, i dont think anyone really thinks you are mafia. Marshigio was right about your needing to defend yourself if people say you're bandwagoning when they're really just being picky.

We need to get serious and quit bickering over grammar nazi ****. Or at least start thinking about how we are going to spend Day 1. Look at post #89, marshiggles has the right idea. Victory will go to the mafia if we keep bickering and kill ourselves. Everyone should take their joke votes off and start to think. Remember what happened in tomafia? Individuals started joking around and joke voting and then spam_master was dead. Nobody wants that to happen this time, and it’s been a few days already so we can cut the crap now. Everyone agree?

unvote: handorin

Handorin

Smash Hero
unvote: pikachun00b7

Because doing that in Tomafia got me night killed Night 1. =( Thanks for reminding me, Tom.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would really like to see the reasoning behind it. If it's a joke, you could at least make it seem like one.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
If we were allowed to "vote: no lynch". I would since a townie will probably die on day 1. ( I must add that a no one vote would not be equal an abstained position. Since 8 "no lynch" equals none dead, and we move to a night cycle, directly.) Anyway, that is what I would like. Otherwise, I will bandwagon this vote.

Note: Most of my posts in this thread, including this one, will be made with the Nintendo Wii,
without a usb keyboard. I am sure BrwakEWi-something and Handorin will have a great time picking on my English.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
If we were allowed to "vote: no lynch". I would since a townie will probably die on day 1.
Aren't we allowed to do this? I just checked the first post, and I didn't see any rule against it. I think it's usually allowed in mafia games, unless the person running the game says otherwise.

( I must add that a no one vote would not be equal an abstained position. Since 8 "no lynch" equals none dead, and we move to a night cycle, directly.) Anyway, that is what I would like.
I don't think first day no-lynches are a good idea, simply because then day 2 tends to look a lot like day 1, except with one less townie. We'll have hardly any more information than we did at the end of day 1, save the name of the night kill victim. I suppose you could argue that we'd be able to make some connection based off the night kill, but I think this is hard to put into practice.

While I agree that day 1 lynches are unlikely to get us a mafia, they are sure to give us is a indelible record of who voted for the lynch victim, whether that victim is townie or mafia. This enables us to make more intelligent decisions about who to lynch further down the road.

A first day no lynch vote accomplishes nothing.

Otherwise, I will bandwagon this vote.
Don't just vote because other people are voting. Vote for people you think are mafia, no matter how slim the evidence is to support your suspicions.

Bandwagoning by townies just clutters things up, and makes it far more difficult to determine people's true motivations. This only helps the mafia.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Don't just vote because other people are voting. Vote for people you think are mafia, no matter how slim the evidence is to support your suspicions.
And to clarify this, I don't mean that you should vote for someone the instant you have any suspicion of them. Rather, I think that when you're going to vote, you ought to vote for someone you actually feel is mafia, rather than allow yourself to get caught up in a mob mentality.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote: tmw_redcell

If we're even going to think about a no lynch, lets just lynch the most inactive. That way we actually lynch somebody and get information. Redcell hasn't said anything at all -- at least Marshigio was kind enough to stop by and tell us he's going to sit back and watch us all kill each other.

Who's with me?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or did some posts just disappear? I could have sworn KevinM voted for me, Virg asked why, and then I made a post.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I wish I could edit that out because I realized how tired I am... I found them...

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hand's delusional! We can punch him and he won't know who did it! :p

And I agree with Tom; those that are most inactive should be the ones (if there are any) that should be near the chopping block; some one that is actively playing the game shouldn't get knocked out while another person does absolutely nothing in the game.

However, I'm not going to cast my vote just yet because I want to give Red a chance to post.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Vote: tmw_redcell

If we're even going to think about a no lynch, lets just lynch the most inactive. That way we actually lynch somebody and get information. Redcell hasn't said anything at all -- at least Marshigio was kind enough to stop by and tell us he's going to sit back and watch us all kill each other.

Who's with me?
yellow text suspisious...

But seriously though thats definitely something I'd say if I was mafia. while no lynch is never good IMO random lynch is far worse because instead of losing one person to the mafia and gaining no information we lose 2.. A townie from or lynch and the mafia hit putting us back much further than if we sat around for 4 months waiting for the frist day to end, lol.

I'm in no real rush. Lets take our time.

That said I'm keeping my vote on pikachun00b7 (I got it right this time) His play style up to this point doesn't sit well with me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just a vibe/keep in check vote Virg, its in no way meant to lynch.. for now. As for just lynching a random Tom, I dislike that idea.. a lot.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If we kill an inactive (or someone who doesnt post at all/much), then if they arnt mafia, we gain next to no information because of the lack of posts.

Really, what's the difference between a sit back style and my style? I think Ive made around 3 semi constructive posts. All the rest are garbage. You would get little more information by killing me than a nonposter.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
List of (what I consider)inactive members:
Red: No posts since confirmation message.
Spam Master: One joke lynch post in the beginning of the game.

Hmmm... any reason why you didn't mention Spam, Tom.
Did you forget about him, or are you protecting him by diverting the attention to Red?
I could be completely wrong, though.
However, I would be more satisfied with the lynch results from Spam as opposed to Red.

On a different topic:

I am not completely sure of what <3 means from play style.
But whatever.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Breakwing and I are going to Hilton Head, South Carolina for the weekend. Beaches and ****. So we'll try to check in as much as possible but feel free to lynch the **** out of tmw_redcell or someone while I'm gone.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Breakwing and I are going to Hilton Head, South Carolina for the weekend. Beaches and ****. So we'll try to check in as much as possible but feel free to lynch the **** out of tmw_redcell or someone while I'm gone.
It would be extremely funny if you were lynched in that time. Y'know, as a welcome back present. :laugh:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I bet Spam is trying a new playstyle since he got **** lynched in Tomafia.

Tom- I'll catch you up on things, like if Day 1 ends and you die or something. Lol

Top Bottom