• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth or Falco

mbl1714

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I've been playing Marth for quite a while about 2 years and recently switched to Falco after I saw DaShizWiz. I'm getting pretty good at him but now I'm starting to miss Marth. I can't decide on what character to main. Marth or Falco. I love both of them but I only want to stick to one. Any suggestions? Thanks

LLDL

Smash Hero
If you get really comfortable and learn to move fluidly with falco, it will pay off for all of your other characters who will move fluidly as well. This is opposed to maining marth, and then when you try playing spacies you might be stiff and jagged.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Well, falco is the best character in the game, so pick him and you wont ever have to switch. Also marth is pretty damn good, either way you're gonna be fine.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Because I want to focus on one character. This will allow me to gain experience and get better at that character faster.
It's really not hard to maintain two characters at a high level

And experience with one contributes to the other. Smash skills aren't completely segregated between characters

Focusing on one character is overrated

40secondz

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Falco. He has easy combos, nice shield pressure, and has lasers.
But he is easy to gimp and can get combo all of the time.

Marth has a very good spacing game, chain-grabs on spacies, and has long range.
But he is slower than Falco, and has no projectiles.

I'm surprised there has not been more "main whoever you want; its your choice, no one else's" sort of attitudes. Since there has been that lack, I'll say it now.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Just choose whatever character you are better as if you like both them. Seems simple enough. If they're equally as good go with falco... unless you are a hipster. If you are a hipster you should go with the trendy low tier or marth.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I agree, but it gets easier over time...

...and wtf you're from connecticut? We need to play if you are. Ct is amazing for melee right now.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL

Everyone who said pick falco cant handle pressure in matches and accepts the fact that he is the best due to his auto combos.

Just because Falco is the popular top tier, doesn't mean he is the best.

This thread sounds like a SSF4 discussion about top tiers. Falco is considered to be Yun ( the popular top tier) while fox is Fei Long (least popular top tier but still is the best).

Taj did great at Genesis 2. But that is not the reason I say Marth. It's the overall performance of Marth throughout the ten years of this game. Ken, Azen, Neo, Mew2King, IB and others has shown Marths abilities.

pick who you feel and don't change your main just because a top player looks cool with them. This is a big flaw that a lot of players confront today in Melee. A lot of potential players end up on the side lines trying to get to the top when they could have been with their first main...........:urg:

mbl1714

Smash Cadet
LOL

Everyone who said pick falco cant handle pressure in matches and accepts the fact that he is the best due to his auto combos.

This thread sounds like a SSF4 discussion about top tiers. Falco is considered to be Yun ( the popular top tier) while fox is Fei Long (least popular top tier but still is the best).

Taj did great at Genesis 2. But that is not the reason I say Marth. It's the overall performance of Marth throughout the ten years of this game. Ken, Azen, Neo, Mew2King, IB and others has shown Marths abilities.

pick who you feel and don't change your main just because a top player looks cool with them. This is a big flaw that a lot of players confront today in Melee. A lot of potential players end up on the side lines trying to get to the top when they could have been with their first main...........:urg:
You just ***** this thread. And true dat.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
LOL

this. \thread

:phone:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Just pick the character that goes best with your personality and beliefs. It will make you much happier in the long run.

Beat!

Smash Master
falco > marth
well, falco is the best character in the game, so pick him and you wont ever have to switch. Also marth is pretty damn good, either way you're gonna be fine.
because fox suddenly stopped existing
fox is not as good as falco, unless you factor in teams too
MY.

OPINIONS.

ARE.

FACTS.

Seriously, you guys COULD add a little IMO at the end of the post or something >_>

Beat!

Smash Master
The way they all worded their posts kinda implied that they were stating facts. I just don't like it when people don't acknowledge that they could be wrong >_>

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's what a lot of people do on forums. It should be understood that it's their opinions if it's something that's disputed, even if they state it as facts. Just because someone shares their opinions in a concise manner doesn't mean he believes he can't be wrong.

Top Bottom