• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Party 4 Tier List (by Gmoney & I)

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Top-Waluigi

High-Luigi, Daisy*

Mid-Mario, Wario, Daisy, Peach

Low-DK

Bottom-Yoshi :(

*=If Jungle Jam is being played.​

Gmoney and I created this over extensive testing and conversing over dinner

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would include Mario in high tier (though definitely lower than luigi and daisy w/ jam), as he is pretty far above peach, daisy and wario, but I agree with everything else.

Me and Zero_Gamer have been working on a tier list for 1 and 2, glad we dont have to do try for 4.

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
I would include Mario in high tier (though definitely lower than luigi and daisy w/ jam), as he is pretty far above peach, daisy and wario, but I agree with everything else.

Me and Zero_Gamer have been working on a tier list for 1 and 2, glad we dont have to do try for 4.
Yeah tobad the last 7 gaems people use mario he gets completely rocked.... me and Gmoney might do MArio Party 8 next

BBQ°

Smash Champion
ok first of all, mario party 8 is a party game, and you can't have a tier list for a party game. that game is ***** gay as ***, the whole time you're just wackin off with the wiimote.

2nd of all, yoshi is not bottom tier. wtf is wrong with you guys. Wario and DK are fat as *** and get hit by everything in the minigames and have a horrible map game. yoshi also has decent map control and gets good items at item shops. however, because of Yoshi's awkward shape, he is low tier. Dk and Wario are bottom tier.

mario is also slightly better than luigi. luigi definitely is better at the minigames, but mario ***** at getting items. He gets the best items out of anyone in the game, so he is better than luigi, but still lower than waluigi because waluigi is broke as ***.

the main problem with your tier list is that it's based around minigames, but mario party 4 has other elements to it such as map control, item control, etc. that's about it.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo, bbq, yo

the minigames are THE most important shiiiii in tha GAME

1. THE MINIGAME STAR FOOL (no item starz? or map contrilzonol starz.... unless you count the happening star... but it's more important just to be a happenin dude)... also a strong minigame strat often leads to the coin star (very important)

2. that's all i gotr

3..you gotta understand that unless your like my roommate who broke his hand like a dumb fu,k you're gonna rolllll well enough to get decent map control (which the most important iz boo and items wich you can combo into easy peasy anywho (ala condor combo in JJam 2-da double mushroom small pipe))

FOUR. Wario is solidly mid due to his abilityf to manipulate inertia in half the gamesz bro (ESPECIALLY THAT BALLSPIKE ****).... you could be rite about DK tho; perhaps some GA to FL testing is in order (regional biases must be DEfeated)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yeah, you guys need to play against the GA mario party 4 crew. we will show you the true mp4 strats. i'm sure we will learn a lot from the FL crew as well.

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Mario party's teir list was based on the "luck base" each character has. Waluigi Has a luck base of "7" of ten making him roll more consistantly and wreck minigames be hes not totally broken and beatable. Yoshi has a base luck of "2" because he has a consistant happnin star game and some sorta map control but rolls ****ty and is bad in the mini games...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
brian, actually biglou and I figured out a way to roll 10s consistently. you just have to time it.

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Me and Gmoney are gunna host a a 2 outa 3 double elimination 50 turns of MP4 whos game?

if we have a big turn our we are gunna have pools where top 2 advance

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Me and Gmoney are gunna host a a 2 outa 3 double elimination 50 turns of MP4 whos game?

if we have a big turn our we are gunna have pools where top 2 advance
competitive ruleset is 20 turns for pools and 25 turns for brackets :/

there is some mario party 4 sub-tourny at 2AUSOM right?
idk. most of GA mario party 4 professionals won't be able to make it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
gmoney wtf. 50 turns is like the equivalent to 99 stocks in melee. only noobs do that ****.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
20/50 is not equal to 4/99 son

50 allow for more gam breakin strats

edit: like bein able to consistently do the condor combo to double mush small pipe transition on jJam

the better player is much more likely to win dis way

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I like this list, but this game is very balanced, imo, minus Waluigi. He's not quite as broken as the Mario Bros. in Mario Party 1-3 thanks to the new minigames and improved star placement, but he is still a powerful force. I wish, someday, TOs would have the balls to ban him so that there would be more characters being repped.

Also, YOSHI IS TERRIBLE AT AGGRESSIVE MINIGAMES YOU IGNORANT FUKS

Frames

DI
yo wat da hell is this crap "map control item control" all this technical **** since when do these games have any competitive merit i thought all this **** was just luck anyway why are there differences to begin with in the characters lol

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yeah, you guys need to play against the GA mario party 4 crew. we will show you the true mp4 strats. i'm sure we will learn a lot from the FL crew as well.
You guys need to play against the Al Mario Party 4 crew.

For reals.

D

Deleted member

BigLou's gonna tear you a new hole.

I'll def be at MLG Salt Lake as I've gained notoriety since placing in the top 64 in MLG Hawaii.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
BigLou's gonna tear you a new hole.

I'll def be at MLG Salt Lake as I've gained notoriety since placing in the top 64 in MLG Hawaii.
yo this guy an imposter

i'll see you all at MLG Portland as i'm currently too busy training with my other waluigi brothers (and my Yoshi counterpart teamsieser) in the Czech Republic

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
scidadle

you should play us through the warp pipe online cheat

we might just draft you and you'll be able to sign with our new sponsors in austria

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Man, I've been telling BigLou I'm gonna get him, so I'm coming out of my hiatus and stealing the spotlight at MLG Salt Lake City. I'll show you all what Wario is all about!

Top Bottom