• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Waluigi in Pirahna Plant kart/Star bike
Diddy in standard bike

XACE-K

Smash Master
What are you guys best racer? For some reason I do better then Funky than I do with other characters.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
What are you guys best racer? For some reason I do better then Funky than I do with other characters.
thats because he gives bonus stats to both your speed and your off road when you use him

M.K

Level 55
Koopa Troopa, soon to be Dry Bones, in the Tiny Titan, soon to be Cheep Charger.

I want that kart NOW! 1 Star is so hard to get :'(

studly

Smash Ace
OK, I just had to throw this in.

Yesterday I was playing on the WFC.

I was on Grumble Volc. and I was In 1st, feelin' pretty good seeing as I was on the last stretch (the part with the flame geysers) SUDDENLY the a guy behind me (I think his name was Mr. Bigs) came roaring out of no where as I entered the last part of the geysers. I pulled a wheelie to pass! I was almost over the line when, out of no where, a star empowered person comes up behind me. WHAM! he misses the other guy who finishes first, he hits me so that I smash into the pillar next to the finish line, tipping into the lava. I tried the gas. No good. I fell into the fiery abyss. By the time Lakitu recovered me and placed me at the beginning of the geyser field, I was in 5/9 position. Wouldn't you know it, a huge Yoshi comes flying in behind me. He finishes 5th. I try my luck at getting to the finish again...BULLET BILL FROM NO WHERE! Once Again, I meet my friend the lava.

I place 8th only because the guy who was in 9th was viciously shoved off the edge by my heavy character.

True story.
I don't kid you.

god that sucks...i dont race much online because ...that always seems to happen to me...battle is much more reasonable

Wrath`

Smash Master
love this game, i have 12 expet ghosts and i beat the expert ghost on GC dk

Best for me is My mii with the mach bike, high top speed plus tight cornering equals win

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well so far, Toadette is still my little driver... she's just so awesome. ^_^

But It's hard to ger three star on 150cc. Hmmmm.... I'm no ready yet. :(

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
I got Baby Daisy and Birdo. Plus my overall score is an A. Funkys my current main and i got 9 friends on the list entered on the list. Everything so far is going GRRREAT (I ate som Frosted Flakes this morning).

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Though this is off-topic (you all seem to be on the topic of characters right now), I just want to complain about something.

What the **** happened to all the past stages? Banshee Boardwalk is much less the actual course from the N64 Game, but instead just a stage with similar graphics that shares the same name. The house part is gone, it was made WAY to easy, and it just isn't even the same course.

This hasn't only happened in that course, as there are differences raging from minuscule to absolutely different changes in all of these stages. Is anybody else pissed off by this?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
What the **** happened to all the past stages? Banshee Boardwalk is much less the actual course from the N64 Game, but instead just a stage with similar graphics that shares the same name. The house part is gone, it was made WAY to easy, and it just isn't even the same course.
Umm... That's the Banshee Boardwalk from SNES. Not 64.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Honestly? The SNES version of the stage wasn't that good. I have both of the games and the N64 version was superior in every way.

Regardless, you do have a point. I'll have to pay more attention to what game the stages are from now D8

Patinator

Smash Champion
I take it back; getting Dry Bowser won't be too hard after all. I've gotten like nine consecutive 100cc Star ranks, AND I got the same on the last three Retro cups on 150cc! !_! I am so awesome... Lawl.

And, although without racing them, I've beaten a couple Staff Ghosts by 2-4 seconds. I own on the GBA Bowser Castle 3... :evil:

And yeah, the Banshee Boardwalk was just in the N64 game. This is a different course.

It's odd; I've only gotten star ranks on the majority of the 100cc cups; not 50cc...

CONSPIRACY!!!1

M.K

Level 55
Several stages off the top of my head that would have been AWESOME for MKWii:

Koopa Troopa Beach > Shy Guy Beach

Yoshi Valley !!!!!!

Banshee Boardwalk > Ghost Valley or whatever

Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

BY THE WAY, I FINALLY unlocked Dry Bones and Cheep Charger (Black Cheep is so gangsta!) I FOUND MY MAIN!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Honestly? The SNES version of the stage wasn't that good. I have both of the games and the N64 version was superior in every way.

Regardless, you do have a point. I'll have to pay more attention to what game the stages are from now D8
If I'm not mistaken, that stage was already on the DS version, so they probably just didn't want to use it for a third time.

Quick question: Do characters affect the stats of your vehicle? I know specific cars/weight classes do, but someone tells me Funky Kong raises your stats somehow. Is he the only character that does this? 'Cause if that's so, that's broken.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
So far I have Rosalina, Diddy, King Boo and a Mii outfit. I got some cars as well. I find the CC better than the wheel IMO. I still stink at this game and don't when I'll have everyone unlocked.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
This game's online is so much superior to Super Smash Bros. Brawl's...

Virtually no lag (if any; I haven't seen any yet), pretty much instant match-ups, etc.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Speaking of Online, Aussie MarioKart's got it's first competition going!

It's a race on Mario Circut against 11 comps to get the best time. Items are there, yeah. Oh and the chain chomps managed to break lose and run around the track in a loop the wrong way (so they come at you) but thankfully don't charge or change direction to get you. And they train item boxes like Peach's Garden.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
OK, I just had to throw this in.

Yesterday I was playing on the WFC.

I was on Grumble Volc. and I was In 1st, feelin' pretty good seeing as I was on the last stretch (the part with the flame geysers) SUDDENLY the a guy behind me (I think his name was Mr. Bigs) came roaring out of no where as I entered the last part of the geysers. I pulled a wheelie to pass! I was almost over the line when, out of no where, a star empowered person comes up behind me. WHAM! he misses the other guy who finishes first, he hits me so that I smash into the pillar next to the finish line, tipping into the lava. I tried the gas. No good. I fell into the fiery abyss. By the time Lakitu recovered me and placed me at the beginning of the geyser field, I was in 5/9 position. Wouldn't you know it, a huge Yoshi comes flying in behind me. He finishes 5th. I try my luck at getting to the finish again...BULLET BILL FROM NO WHERE! Once Again, I meet my friend the lava.

I place 8th only because the guy who was in 9th was viciously shoved off the edge by my heavy character.

True story.
I don't kid you.
Stuff like that happense to me a ton. You can get screwed over hard.

SSMugen

Smash Rookie
This game is one of the best Mario Kart games I've ever played (second to the SNES and N64 version respectively). I was playing it with friends yesterday and wow it was the most fun I've had in a while. I dunno why but at first at I got destroyed at the Wii Rainbow Road >_<.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Update the **** OP with FCs. I posted mine twice already.
The guy from the OP isn't updating it, I'm having to. Problem is, I can't put it in the first post.

Does anyone know where I can find images for all the racers in the game?
http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_Wii#Playable_Characters

Speaking of Online, Aussie MarioKart's got it's first competition going!

It's a race on Mario Circut against 11 comps to get the best time. Items are there, yeah. Oh and the chain chomps managed to break lose and run around the track in a loop the wrong way (so they come at you) but thankfully don't charge or change direction to get you. And they train item boxes like Peach's Garden.
I gave it a quick go today, the Chain Chomp makes the level so much better! But I wasn't able to send my data, don't know why, probably internet problems. Were you able to send it?

So is there any palce were we can offcial post our friend codes for peeps to see?
Yep, right here.

Updated the list:

Smashboards Mario Kart Wii FC List.

Europe

Belgium

Klink - 0473-7918-4159
Klink's friend - 3265-5217-4695

Germany

BananaBoy – 2578-3417-1150
Kriegsseele - 0301-9920-8392

Holland

Ryuker - 2793-0721-1975

UK

Leobenmc - 1289-8345-8144
N9NE - 0301-9916-4866
Xtreme Starfox - 3351-4192-7814

US

b13lion/bii - 5327-1318-1075
Deep2 - 3823-8628-0871
Gerbil - 1504-6094-8208
Handsockpuppet - 0989-2134-0564
Manny G - 0001-3711-7850
Master WGS - 2535-4016-5755
Meta-Kirby - 1719-3574-7898
NintendoWarrior - 3308-4897-4572
Petre - 4554-0369-2259
PXG - 3609 1452 6790
Smash superstar – 4897-6333-4024
Red Maniac - 1375 7606 5617
Viper JLT4GOV - 3480-3053-4879
XACE-K - 4639-9351-2170

Canada

Cynan Machae - 5112-3851-6539

Australia

Mic 128 - 0989 2125 1661

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
that tournament has started in the US as well. i cant connect to WFC right now though to submit any scores, its annoying!

so far my best for the mario circuit tournament thingy is 1:48.390.

EDIT: oh, and i dont know if this is known yet or not, but today i found out you can avoid a POW block for the most part by doing a wheelie (on a bike) just as the actual hit occours. youll see some blue rings under yourself, you do like one spin but then keep going at full speed.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah I wasn't able to submit either, guess it's not just me.

You're right about the POW thing. Do the same thing you do to trick as the 3rd hit comes and you'll only spin once. Us Europeans knew this already =D

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman
OK maybe you should make sure they might actually add everyone on the list cause out of 23 only 9 added me. I might have wasted 5 minutes of my life. 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still apreceate you going through the troble of making it.

M.K

Level 55
Whoever has the Geno Mii, I saw you racing on the new Bowser's Castle as Funky Kong in the Piranha Prowler, and I was about to join your game, but I guess you quit ;_; Ouch.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Whoever has the Geno Mii, I saw you racing on the new Bowser's Castle as Funky Kong in the Piranha Prowler, and I was about to join your game, but I guess you quit ;_; Ouch.
That's me and my wifi decided to annoy me and it stopped working and I got exited out.

and I thought verizon fios was the best internet connection...

M.K

Level 55
That's me and my wifi decided to annoy me and it stopped working and I got exited out.

and I thought verizon fios was the best internet connection...
Haha, that's ok, I don't blame you! I got so excited because it was going to be the first person I've faced from Smash World Forums ^_^ Maybe another time!

1-upshrooms

Smash Rookie
Well, thanks N9NE and Banana Boy.

So what's this I hear about "rubber band AI" on 150cc? Certain game reviewers complain about it.
I think it's the boost drag thing.
If you stay behind someone long enough, you get a boost.

So I guess they "rubber band" each other for alot more speed.

I think that's what they mean anyway. Think if team battles started using this strategy. I think this could be a big part for team tourneys.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
What the heck, I keep getting error code 86420 when trying to connect to my friend. I thought these servers were good?

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or is the difficulty setting of this game way harder than previous mario karts?
I beat mario kart DS and double dash very easily, but on Mario kart wii I'm struggling to beat even a 100cc! Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just surprised.

Offtopic - What does cc stand for anyways? I've wondered this since I first played Mario Kart on the N64.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Haha, that's ok, I don't blame you! I got so excited because it was going to be the first person I've faced from Smash World Forums ^_^ Maybe another time!
I'll probably be on later after school so then maybe?

Is it just me, or is the difficulty setting of this game way harder than previous mario karts?
I beat mario kart DS and double dash very easily, but on Mario kart wii I'm struggling to beat even a 100cc! Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just surprised.

Offtopic - What does cc stand for anyways? I've wondered this since I first played Mario Kart on the N64.
I can't go through 100cc without cursing so I know what you're going through. I would also like to know what cc means.

M.K

Level 55
I'll probably be on later after school so then maybe?

I can't go through 100cc without cursing so I know what you're going through. I would also like to know what cc means.
"cc" stands for Cubic Centimeters, and that is a measure displacement in the engine cycle. The higher the "cc", the higher the engine displacement, and therfore the more power through the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom