• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
@______________@
I can see it now: Phanna in Mario Kart, the Motion Picture.
I play online fairly recently =D By that, I mean whenever I'm on MK >.>;

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Lol thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it. Any of you play on-line frequently?
I'm back online and active =]

I got to 9999 in about a week lol, new license

1247-0253-0712

During my break from wifi I started a new license and practiced a TON, I got a lot better

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is there anybody who's too lazy to get everything? I just started playing again after a month hiatus but I still don't feel like getting all the cars or Mii outfit B. Did anybody go through this or is going through this?

phish-it

Smash Champion
I might start playing this again, provided my internet doesn't want to disconnect me every 10 minutes like before...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Bowser Bike...meh

I hate having to standstill MT, it makes you a sitting duck =[

Right now I'm debating whether to keep Daisy + Dolphin Dasher or switch to Baby Daisy + Bullet Bike

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Right now I'm debating whether to keep Daisy + Dolphin Dasher or switch to Baby Daisy + Bullet Bike
Baby Daisy + Bullet Bike = YES. That's the only combination I use for serious. I might use Rosalina and the Offroader on occasion... that thing is enormous!:chuckle:

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
I ****ing love this game.

The tracks are creative, the computers aren't super cheap like they were in SMK, and I have lots and lots of fun every time I play

EDIT: And my favorite is Mario on the Mach Bike.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wow, this is more WTF-y more than the first one. Can I say good job even though all that wierd stuff happened to you?
Anything can Happen on wifi, I special hate the guy who deliberatly took the long path on rainbowroad to knock me off, plus items galor 3 lightingins in a row.

-Final-

Aria♪
Dry Bones and Magikruiser! lol.

No, it's not a matter of what I THINK is the best, it's about what IS the best, which is easily Funky Kong on the Flame Runner. Watch the world record races on the Mario Kart Channel. Half of them are dominated by just that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dry Bones and Magikruiser! lol.

No, it's not a matter of what I THINK is the best, it's about what IS the best, which is easily Funky Kong on the Flame Runner. Watch the world record races on the Mario Kart Channel. Half of them are dominated by just that.
The World Record for Rainbow Road had Funky Kong on the Spear last I checked. That's quite hard to do since I could only handle it with the Flame Runner.

In fact, some world records have Funky Kong on the Spear instead of the Flame Runner. Although they're mostly on courses that don't have insane u-turns.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol mute

I hear Funky and Daisy so often I've become accustomed to their voices.

Peach, Baby Peach and Waluigi have the worst voices

I'm quite the nonconformist, I use the Standard Bike L with Automatic.

-Final-

Aria♪
lol, I have played someone whose mii name is "Joker" with anyone 3 times before. I just played him again. Same mii, same Kart and character, and around the same ranking. That is wierd...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This game pisses me off sometimes with the lame item balance, just now I was in like 6th of out 10 or 11 people and I got a fake box on the last stretch, everyone just flew past me and I couldn't do a thing. When I'm in like 4th I get one mushroom, in 8th I still get one mushroom, it's not like you can still steal items, one mushroom is worthless when you're so far back. I play with the items set to aggressive offline because the default one just sucks but I can't do that online so **** items always come out.

I'm grateful that there's online but would it kill them to have made different rooms for different options?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@Red Exodus

Put items on aggressive and a crap load of Spiny Shells will come from hell. DX

drcossack

Smash Ace
You mean this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr9uwBuzqmw

Did they get rid of that? NOOOOOOOOOO!!
Aye, that's the one.

Come to think of it, I never approached it from where it's shown in the vid; I usually approached it at the shallowest point (around the turn)

Haven't played in a few weeks, but PM me if you want to add me (4339-4215-4661.) I feel like starting to play again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've done a few Wi-Fi races and have learned that even if you use good accelerating karts, you'd still get creamed by those that focus on high speed vehicles. It appears that the players that use those vehicles with poor acceleration are hardcore Mario Kart racers.

I find that disappointing since vehicles like the Quacker can accelerate very well and have good drifting too. When hit by items, it recovers way more quickly than the speed type vehicles. It's one thing to recover, but it's another thing to try to maintain 1st place (since the Quacker is rather slow).

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I agree. I find the Dolphin Dasher to be a great balance of stats. It has better acceleration than the other high-speed vehicles, but it still has enough speed to keep up with them. The higher acceleration has helped me win many races against the mach bikes and flame runners on wifi

Meccs

@Meccs_
I'm borrowing this game from my friend while he's on vacation. But really the only reason I can find to play through GP is to unlock stuff... Online is great, though. I just wish they hadn't:
murdered Balloon Battle
12 people - as fun as this is, I think it would've been better staying at 8...
Tricks - a cool addition, but I just don't think it fits Mario Kart very well.

I like it, it's a fun game, just not up to par with MK64 and the others imo. But I can't wait to get the Blue Falcon and make a Captain Falcon Mii :D

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I bought it with my Wii, which I only bought for Brawl. I recently gave Mario Kart Wii a shot, its a good game, but I still prefer Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart DS. SMK was a fantastic game, the intro music sticks into your head. MKDS took some serious technical skill to snake your way through every stage. Mario Kart Wii has really bad item balance and the new items all suck

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart wii is alright, anyway visit Nintendo's Elite, we have a Mario Kart Clan.

Link is in Sig

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
i still lik the game but its been drowned out by brawl for me....
i always love pickin yoshi and i lik the dolphin dasher bike the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom