• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 28, 2015] Matthews Smashers "CRAZY 8's III" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice

WOW! What a "Crazy" Fun March 28th tournament!
We can't tell you enough how much we appreciate all the kind words said about our "Matthews Smashers" tournaments!
A lot of "Crazy" things happened once again like the "Crazy" streamed matches, the outrageous Amiibo tournament, the
"8 Man Pacman Ditto" tournament, some "Crazy" Money Matches," the search for hidden SSB Characters, the sound of the Ocarina, and of course, some way awesome and "Crazy" competition!!! We hope your experience was unforgettable!!

Congratulations to the "Top Winners" of each game, as well as our "Crazy 8" 8th Place Prize Winners!"

The Results are below:
PM Winners:
1st Place- Stingers; 2nd Place- GATO; 3rd Place- Kai;
8th Place- Vorosh
http://challonge.com/MSPMMar15

Melee Winners:

1st Place- Stingers; 2nd Place- Vorosh; 3rd Place-Sharkz; 8th Place Winner- JTimps
http://challonge.com/MSMeleeMar15

Smash 4 Winners
1st Place-Stingers; 2nd Place- Kai; 3rd Place-Archer;
4th Place Winner- Stockfield
http://challonge.com/MS4Mar15

"8 Man Ditto"Tournament
Winner- Stockfield

Amiibo Tournament
Winner- Radichu
http://challonge.com/MSAmiiboMar15

Well Done All!!!!!
Keep a watchful eye for our next tournament date!
Hope to see you there!!

:kirbymelee::linkmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::nessmelee::peachmelee::samusmelee::bowsermelee::falconmelee::drmario::yoshimelee::roypm::mewtwopm::4darkpit::4miisword::4pikachu::4zss::4wario2::4sonic::4diddy:

WELCOME to

MATTHEWS SMASHERS

"CRAZY 8" III
(This will be the craziest yet!)
TOURNAMENT
DETAILS

March 28th, 2015
The Start of Registration and Warmups: 11:00AM***
***Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney*** (Brackets will be seeded by our last 5 tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!)+

Start times:
Project M Singles (3.5 version) at 12:00
Melee Singles at 1:45
Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 3:30
(All above tournaments are double elimination!)
"Crazy 8" Amiibo Side Tournament at 12:30
(Details below)

Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $4.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00
This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

"Crazy 8" Amiiiiiiiibo Side Tournament:

Bring your most trained Amiibo(s) (two maximum) for $1.00 each to enter!
(This tourney will go simultaneously with the other events, so you don't have to be present to play!)

Amiibo Tourney Ruleset: 2 stock, 6 minutes, single elimination, neutral stages (either Smashville or Town and City.) This $1.00 fee per Amiibo will go into a separate "Amiibo pot" with 100% payout!

*******$1.00 Money Match Madness*******
Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!
All snacks are $1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee
and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Counter-Pick:
*Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items
Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland (64)
Counter-Pick:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld
Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:

3 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter-Picks:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Omega Stages
Kongo Jungle 64
**All wireless remotes MUST be turned off
after each set you play or you will be DQ'd.**

**For all who attended our last "CRAZier 8" tournament, we really appreciate you! We hope you had a day to remember! We are looking for this next tournament to be the "CRAZIEST" one yet!

:4shulk::4shulk:I'M REALLY FEELING IT.........Are YOU??:4shulk::4shulk:
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and YOUR FRIENDS AT THE

MATTHEWS SMASHERS

C"
R
A
Z
y
III"
TOURNAMENT ON
SATURDAY, March 28th, 2015!

UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!
:rosalina::4ness::4kirby::4falcon::4lucario::4diddy::4drmario::4robinf::roypm::mewtwopm::bowsermelee::falconmelee::icsmelee::linkmelee::mariomelee::pikachumelee::yoshimelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee::4sonic::4tlink:

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
FYI, the Charlotte PM ladder is really out of date. @Sharkz please share your ranking thing son seeding can be better.

Accepting all Money Matches from people with the tag "Twisty Treats"

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Could we look into legalizing 8 player ps2 for wii u? It removed the hazards so it's exactly like the pm version

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Also you guys realize that this tournament is the same day as FPS3 in Concord. Anyo word on coordination or are people goin to have to choose between the two?

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
Also you guys realize that this tournament is the same day as FPS3 in Concord. Anyo word on coordination or are people goin to have to choose between the two?
Except for Smash 4 players. This would be your only option. Plus I will take this to go ahead and start the conversation about having doubles sometime. KEVDO I know you will see this, lets team up if we can get some challengers.

SoapBar

Smash Cadet
I also think some coordination would be good as I would love to go to frame perfect 3 but I just like this series to much after last time I came.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Except for Smash 4 players. This would be your only option. Plus I will take this to go ahead and start the conversation about having doubles sometime. KEVDO I know you will see this, lets team up if we can get some challengers.
tanookigamer and I could we are pretty good at doubles

Cubonebonebone

Smash Cadet
I'm kinda leaning towards coming to this rather than FPS 3. I went to FPS 1 but I've never been to a Matthews event. Also FPS 3 is having an all-star PM event and this is going to be the first time i compete in PM. Kinda seems right to start off with the regular game.

Foo

Smash Lord
I'm kinda leaning towards coming to this rather than FPS 3. I went to FPS 1 but I've never been to a Matthews event. Also FPS 3 is having an all-star PM event and this is going to be the first time i compete in PM. Kinda seems right to start off with the regular game.
the all star PM tourney is just a side event. There's still normal PM singles.

Anywho, yeah... really not happy that you guys put this on the same day as FPS 3. I'd imagine the 21st wasn't an option for some reason, but... eh...

Last edited:

Cubonebonebone

Smash Cadet

Anywho, yeah... really not happy that you guys put this on the same day as FPS 3. I'd imagine the 21st wasn't an option for some reason, but... eh...
Ooooh OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123

Keep in mind this is an office building

ShredMan3

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShredMan3
3DS FC
3883-6060-7060
hope i can make it to this one XD wasn't able to make it to the last one for the first time. I have been practicing up!

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
I also think some coordination would be good as I would love to go to frame perfect 3 but I just like this series to much after last time I came.
But the money you have to put out is double then concord so if i can go to one this day i probs will go concord. Money is too much for a 14 year old...

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Maybe if you didn't spend it all on money matches you would have some left
I MM other people so in all I only lost 10$ other then the tourneys. If you are not confident do not trash talk me. Either way you have to agree it is the most exspensive tourney in charlotte. Prove me wrong if you belive other wise

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I MM other people so in all I only lost 10$ other then the tourneys. If you are not confident do not trash talk me. Either way you have to agree it is the most exspensive tourney in charlotte. Prove me wrong if you belive other wise
Never said it wasn't but you have to agree it is one of the nicest in nc

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
YOOO. I'm always up for some doubles. Also, yes, us Smash 4 players only have one option this Saturday. B)

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Never said it wasn't but you have to agree it is one of the nicest in nc
But the UnCC and the Concord ones are pretty nice as well. I think the money plus venue fee waved if a non sm4sh setup is brought is well worth it, 10$ to participate in every tourney at UNCC vs 32$ for this one to partcipate in every tourney

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Yeah we're down for friendlies
I should point out that we've no previous doubles experience. With that said though, we should probably trash talk for three pages to make our, otherwise irrelevant match, hype!

Last edited:

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
I should point out that we've no previous doubles experience. With that said though, we should probably trash talk for three pages to make our, otherwise irrelevant match, hype!
What are you talking about "no experience" remember the other week at frame perfect? We rekt some guys at doubles.... 2v2v2v2 random spawns, the gold standard of a competitive rule set IMO. We dominated, our victory here is Innament.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about "no experience" remember the other week at frame perfect? We rekt some guys at doubles.... 2v2v2v2 random spawns, the gold standard of a competitive rule set IMO. We dominated, our victory here is Innament.
I was one of those people haha! When I have extra free time after tournaments end I love doing silly things like that. It makes me remember that this is just a game, and the purpose of the game is to have fun!

EDIT: Also I think I was your doubles partner! That was a lot of fun and we did great together!

Last edited:

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Ha, as much as I want to trash talk, I don't think I have it in me...

Who am I kidding? Man we trashed em fools. It was looking like a circus with all those juggles and toss ups. They should've renamed the tournament to Barnum and Bailey's "Get Wreckt" Saturday's.

Top Bottom