• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 28, 2015] Matthews Smashers "CRAZY 8's III" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I woke up today with a stomach virus and was really sick all day. I really wish I could have made it to this one because I love these tournaments and all you guys are so great! I hope everyone who was able to make it had a good time and I will make sure to make it to the next one!
Seriously though, maybe at the next tournament, when you sign in there could be a survey that asks if you want 2 or 3 stocks for the next tournament. That way we get the majority vote and we can use that to determine what we should do.
Hey GreenChaChing,
First, I hope you are feeling better. We really missed you at the tournament yesterday!
Secondly, we had a lot of complaints at our first tournament with Smash 4 only having 2 stocks. We took a poll at the following tournament, and it was an overwhelming 3 stock preference.
Finally, as people get better learning Smash 4, since it is a relatively new game, maybe more people will opt for 2 stocks!

Last edited:

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
We'll have to see. It's still a young game. But I still think three stocks is a good balance.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Hey GreenChaChing,
First, I hope you are feeling better. We really missed you at the tournament yesterday!
Secondly, we had a lot of complaints at our first tournament with Smash 4 only having 2 stocks. We took a survey at the following tournament, and it was an overwhelming 3 stock preference.
Finally, as people get better learning Smash 4, since it is a relatively new game, maybe more people will opt for 2 stocks!
Thanks! Also, I do prefer 3 stocks over 2, and as of what i've seen recently in polls and such I think that's what a little more than half of the community thinks too. I do believe it will take at least another year to get a solid ruleset going for smash 4, but until then, I think for non-worldwide tournaments where time isn't a huge deal, 3 stocks is perfect, but if there are over 500+ entrants and need to keep it going fast, 2 stocks is fine. I am really excited to see how the game progresses over time!

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Once again my opinion completely shut out why can we not just do one more pole please?
Hey W1mo!
We are not shutting out your opinion! We appreciate your opinion! We are merely stating what the facts have been up to this point in time! Sure, we can do a poll next tournament!!! As the game progresses and the ruleset develops, we will have even more polls!!

Last edited:

Designs

Smash Cadet
Thanks for hosting. Played many good players this weekend :W1M0, Veen, Anti-Yami, Dinner, and the usuals (Scotty OB, Stock, Stingers). Had a blast and hope to see you guys again.

FYI: There were no "bad" players there for Wii U. NC has a solid Smash 4 scene.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Thanks for hosting. Played many good players this weekend :W1M0, Veen, Anti-Yami, Dinner, and the usuals (Scotty OB, Stock, Stingers). Had a blast and hope to see you guys again.

FYI: There were no "bad" players there for Wii U. NC has a solid Smash 4 scene.
Thanks for the shout out :)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Melee March 2015 at Matthews Smashers
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Stingers
$150.00
2nd
Vorosh
$75.00
3rd
Sharkz
$25.00
4th
Locke Robster
5th
GATO
5th
M4|Xianos
7th
JTimps
7th
Shieldz
9th
Cash Lord Currency King
9th
Kid Fantastic
9th
MLSword
9th
SalED
13th
Hodor
13th
Kapachi
13th
M4|Shredman3
13th
Moist
17th
STO1
17th
Baxton
17th
Pixel
17th
Blue
17th
Soapbar
17th
$qu1d K1ng
17th
Mastershake
17th
Nubs
25th
Bunky

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
We apologize...but we are having some technical issues in posting all the results. Please be patient, for we should have it fixed by tonight! Thank you!!

lazymp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mpittman17

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Check out the results and pictures of the winners from our March 28th tournament... located on the top of the 1st page of this thread!!

Foo

Smash Lord
That sounds cool but what should the rules be?
Normal PM ruleset with same stages and everything. You have to pick four unique characters. If you pick sheik and zelda, you cannot use transform, or you could pick one of them and be free to use it.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Normal PM ruleset with same stages and everything. You have to pick four unique characters. If you pick sheik and zelda, you cannot use transform, or you could pick one of them and be free to use it.
It is hype as **** . Watch IaB42. The whole tourney was only all star

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
I hereby accept your Money Match challenge! One rule, this must be streamed. 5$ this time. *BRINGS A GAME*
Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, deal buddy, I won't pretend to be overly confident, that last match we had could have gone either way but I have been practicing! Give me your best

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, deal buddy, I won't pretend to be overly confident, that last match we had could have gone either way but I have been practicing! Give me your best
Same here, the last match was pretty close, but I do believe I have gotten a ton better over the course of a few months. Good luck in the future game!

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
I've been working on my other character Mario, who I now consider to be an equal main! This should be great man looking forward to it

Top Bottom