• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Rains of Castamere: Melee and PM Monthly (San Antonio)

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
Once again im coming to the event along with Southern Gent i believe we have 5 total riding with us.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Wait. **** I thought you guys decided to house with Nike. Well yeah pretty much that. If you still want to house wih me that's cool. Nike has a big ol carpeted house to house smashers. Guess that's a diff dallas group he Said he was housing.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
I predict that i will get top 3 at both melee singles and teams and somehow get top 10 at pm singles. *Charges up psychic powers*

Oracle

Smash Master
Well it sounds like nike will be housing a bunch of people and i'm not particularly interested in a 10 man line for the shower in the morning. A carpool with me problem0 and denti will be leaving this afternoon and the 2nd group of infinity aerolink and sethlon will leave later. I guess we'll just show up to nike's and decide from there?

Zhea

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll be there and it's up to you guys. I don't have a problem opening my shower to those who wish to use it in the morning considering the venue is in my apartment complex and I am literally a minutes walk from the venue.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Skeith and axiom (from College Station, first tourney) should team. You guys should face off. Can the world handle the QUADFORCE!?!?!
axiom? I haven't met him before right? Also I can't make it now, I'm in Del Rio for the week :(.

Oh Thomas

Smash Rookie
I'll go even though I'm god awful. I'm looking for a tv to bring right now, but am having trouble :/

Oracle

Smash Master
Ok me denti aerolink and jesse are on our way. Are ppl gonna be playing at nikes?

Last edited:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
Sad that our scheduling didn't work out. Registration was before 12, but my friend just got out of school. It's a 30min drive, and we were only interested in the P:M singles, which is at 6:00pm. Maybe next time we can try out a tourney.

Good luck to all that are going!

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't this streamed? Or at least recorded? If anyone has any info on where I can find the videos that would be sick. Fun tourney for sure.

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
the tournament was recorded, but I would give it a couple of days before the videos/results page gets put up because a lot of people went to Nike's after the tournament and ended up playing until around 6 in the morning.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
melee 1v1
1st mojo
2nd S.O.S. (Gf was hype, i reset the bracket and took it to the last game on the 2nd set, but mojo proved to be faster and bopped me :p, Was hella fun)
3rd Gale (Where you at JF?Clnr?Pk-t?King?Denti?King Mosquito?Frisbee? *Ends trolling*
rest i'm not sure in order.

melee teams
1st mojo and jf (Get carried Matttttttt <3
2nd Gale and clnr (Good synergy)
3rd sos and King
Don't know the order to the rest,
pm 1v1
1st Sethlon (Best roy ever yo, even in melee haha)
2nd Oracle (His pocket lucas was sick imo)
3rd iirc aerolink? I could be wrong.

pm teams
i was already drunk by that time, so uhh idk

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
Also our defending champion of sa for pm didn't get to enter any event. :( Dat Sonic was needed, because i lose to all jank in pm currently lol. yet i do fairly decent against top players. *Looks at seth and rob* I'm gonna get this game due to the sheer amount of players and hype that pm has. I'm going to try to combine the fast melee tech with the brawl patience and spacing game and then learn all these new wonky mechanics and characters, Hopefully that will remove my current level of fraudulence. Watch out, i'm gonna get good fast ;)

Also shoutouts to Zhea for hosting and being an awesome TO, he puts alot of effort into running these and making them possible. Much Respect.

shoutouts to Nike for housing everyone and having a fun afterparty.

Shoutouts to Denti and his drunken Hype. Couldn't stop laughing. (Take 5 minutes to test out the out of shield options i showed you and suddenly you'll have a good possibility of beating legit melee players. you can do itttt)

More later. zzzzz

Last edited:

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Also our defending champion of sa for pm didn't get to enter any event. :( Dat Sonic was needed, because i lose to all jank in pm currently lol. yet i do fairly decent against top players. *Looks at seth and rob* I'm gonna get this game due to the sheer amount of players and hype that pm has. I'm going to try to combine the fast melee tech with the brawl patience and spacing game and then learn all these new wonky mechanics and characters, Hopefully that will remove my current level of fraudulence. Watch out, i'm gonna get good fast ;)

Also shoutouts to Zhea for hosting and being an awesome TO, he puts alot of effort into running these and making them possible. Much Respect.

shoutouts to Nike for housing everyone and having a fun afterparty.

Shoutouts to Denti and his drunken Hype. Couldn't stop laughing. (Take 5 minutes to test out the out of shield options i showed you and suddenly you'll have a good possibility of beating legit melee players. you can do itttt)

More later. zzzzz
gg's in the friendlies we played. shoutouts to melee > PM rants. you should come play with me and frisbie sometime.

Top Bottom