• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

Stryks

Smash Hero
The mach rider from the poster looks NOTHING like the one in the trophy, tough i like the trophy look better, more modern like...

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
You know it would be cool if his bike could be destroyed much like Nana. Maybe using the ^B would drop it or something. I don't know just a thought.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah the the motorcycle is like the best choice for his super, since its the thing hes famous for, he would jump on it and shoot enemies with all of those weapons, I really hopin Mach rider makes XD...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Lord Deathborne said:
B: Gattling Pummel – steps back and draws back fist w/ glowing bright flash then, after a 1 second delay, delivers a flurry of 10 successive punches accompanied w/ the sound of machine gun fire, each delivering about 2% damage, with the final having an explosive effect. Low - moderate knockback - is used more to inflict damage rather than smash away.
If it's meant to damage, why is it so exceptionally weak? I'd say the first punches do 3%
damage. And this move should be hard to DI out of.

One second delay is far too much for this move.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If it's meant to damage, why is it so exceptionally weak? I'd say the first punches do 3%
damage. And this move should be hard to DI out of.

One second delay is far too much for this move.
Updated move description:

B: Gattling Pummel – steps back and draws back fist w/ glowing bright flash then, after a .5 second delay, delivers a flurry of 10 successive punches accompanied w/ the sound of machine gun fire, each delivering about 2% damage, with the final hit having an explosive effect and adding an additional 5%. Low - moderate knockback - is used more to rank up damage rather than smash away opponents.

Thanks for the advice. As you can see I lowered the delay period to .5 seconds and added an additional damage effect. If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to post them.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I recently found out an interesting fact about the game Mach Rider. In addition to being one of the 18 lauch titles for the Nintendo Entertainment System, it was also the earliest instance of us actually getting a game released stateside BEFORE it was available in Japan, at least as far as 1st party Nintendo titles are concerned...
The release dates were as follows:

North America: October 18, 1985
Japan: November 21, 1985

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_Rider

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah still samurai goroh deserves to be in smash, one of the most recognizable Fzero characters, still I rather c mach rider, ill im sayin both of them deserve a shot...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Goroh has a good chance to be added, ebing one of the most famous f zero racers along with falcon, but I REALLY want mach ride rin brawl, hell ill even main him if i can (tough doubt it i pwn way too much with mario to just leave him XD)

Top Bottom