• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider for SSBB *Updated Moveset*

icymatt

Smash Lord
I like it!

Strangely enough, his B move sounds like the B-move I always imagined Little Mac would have, and his down-B move sounds alot a move I want new Ganondorf to have.

bbb

Smash Champion
Lord_Deathborne said:
Interesting idea, but that would make him WAY too fast - not to mention his motorcycle has a large build.
Maybe they could just have his motorcycle "poof" in and out of existance for use in his smash attacks? Meh, it makes for cool attacks though.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
right...

DokturSea said:
If they added Captain Falcon, I guess they'd add this guy. But his moves wouldn't be gun based. If Snake won't have real-world guns, they won't give anyone else them.

i guess fox/falcos guns don't count..

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
MenacingMike said:
Please don't double post. Also, I was thinking just that. Fox/Falco have guns, I don't think Mach Rider would have "realistic" guns in the sense that Snake would.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
:eek: OMFG! Double Post! :eek: j/k... :laugh:
MenacingMike said:
Or Samus's arm cannon for that matter - yes the NO GUNS argument fails... I think Sakurai made the comment regarding Snake b/c he wanted to utilize more imaginative use of the iconic Covert-Ops master...

EDIT: I don't think he used guns in the DreamMix TV World Fighters game either...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well, I think Sakurai meant "guns you can get in the real world." Snake uses real models of guns, with real bullets, that are in real use today.

Samus has a funky alien power cannon, and Fox/Falco use futuristic laser pistols. They're in the same realm as the Transformers and the GI Joe cartoon as far as censors are concerned.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, I see what you mean. Still, if SSBB gets a "T" rated like last time - understandably because the "E10" rating did not yet exist - I don't see it being as prone to censors like G.I. Joe. But I don't think that if M. Rider makes the cut he'll be making much use of guns anyway, like C. Falcon... Also, considering he's from the 22nd century, I doubt he'd be making use of current gun models anyway - infact, considering the post-apocalyptic setting, it'll most likely be zip-guns. :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Zodiak-Lucien said:
Might be a cool addition. I never played any game he was in but he looked cool enough as a trophy.

I haven't played the game either, but after seeing his trophy in Melee, I wanna.

Same thing happened with Ice Climbers and the Excitebike trophy. I found them on GBA's "Nes Series", but I an't find Mach Rider anywhere, even on Nes cartridge at Gamestop, or even the Flea Market!!!!

HELP! Is the game anygood by the way?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
hemightbegiant said:
I haven't played the game either, but after seeing his trophy in Melee, I wanna.

Same thing happened with Ice Climbers and the Excitebike trophy. I found them on GBA's "Nes Series", but I an't find Mach Rider anywhere, even on Nes cartridge at Gamestop, or even the Flea Market!!!!

HELP! Is the game anygood by the way?
As far as a hard copy of the game is concerned, you're only real option would be to get the original NES cartridge - eBay would be the best source for that. Otherwise, you could always get the ROM - or wait til the Wii is released and downloadit via the virtual console.

As far as the game itself, keep in mind it is a first generation NES title - which basically means two things: 1) it is very simple in design (don't be expecting Twisted Metal or anything); 2) It's relentless in its level of difficulty. I say it is a good game, but that's comng from a guy who grew up the NES (although the first console my family actually owned was the SNES). I'd suggest the ROM to give it a test run to see if you like it - that is unless they're penalising the downloading of ROMs now (I'm not quite sure - it's been a while since In downloaded any).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm not really that fond of eBay ever since someone outbid me by two cents with three seconds left on the clock for the original "Monster Rancher" on the PSX.

Anyway, I'll probably just get a Nes emulator and the Rom, or the Wii's virtual console.

I bet Battletoads is harder :)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
hemightbegiant said:
I bet Battletoads is harder :)
But nothing compares to Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Hardest. Game. Ever. :eek:

Although Mach Rider is one of those game you probably could only beat by using cheats... I never got past the 2nd Stage - but I haven't played it enough either...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Agreed :chuckle:

OIh, and I asked my cousin if he knew where I couyld get a copy, but he had one since the 80's :)

He'll mail it to me.

Looks like I have something to do this week!

bbb

Smash Champion
Lord_Deathborne said:

Although Mach Rider is one of those game you probably could only beat by using cheats... I never got past the 2nd Stage - but I haven't played it enough either...
Sweet Jesus Ghouls n Ghosts *****! That game is so far beyond hard, it should be it's own difficulty:

Easy
Normal
Hard
Very Hard
Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Battle Toads gets honorable mention, only game I've gotten props for beating...while using cheats.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Try beating Mischief Makers with a S rating on every level >.> Christ Almighty that's a pain in the ***. I think my family jewels shrank to the size of a grapenut after attempting that venture.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
hemightbegiant said:
GOT MACH RIDER TODAY, and MAN!

IT IS HARD!

Can't make it past level 2. Got close once, but died, as usual.
Yeah - level 2 is furthest I ever got. Playing it on a keyboard doesn't help much either...
BTW here's a helpful hint: In addition to destroying your enemy by shooting them, you can also side ram then off the road and into those explosive barrels! Man this makes me miss my ROMs... my current computer's too slow to run them well... >.<

PaintNinja

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Interesting character choice. Hope it works out well. I'd love to see more old-school Nentendo characters in this title.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Yeah - level 2 is furthest I ever got. Playing it on a keyboard doesn't help much either...
BTW here's a helpful hint: In addition to destroying your enemy by shooting them, you can also side ram then off the road and into those explosive barrels! Man this makes me miss my ROMs... my current computer's too slow to run them well... >.<
Thanks for the helpful hint! I probably may die trying though/.
\
Well, aws I alays say,

"I INTEND TO LIVE FOREVER, OR DIE TRYING!"

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest. I've never heard of Mach Rider, as it was way before my time. However, I noticed he bears a striking resemblance to a certain Japanese superhero. If you know who I'm talking about, then you must agree: Mach Rider must have a flying kick as one of his attacks.

Makes me wonder if that's what they had in mind for Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick.

EDIT: If Mach Rider makes it in, I swear I'll make him one of my mains if only for the fact that he looks like this guy .

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
pirate-404 said:
I'll be honest. I've never heard of Mach Rider, as it was way before my time. However, I noticed he bears a striking resemblance to a certain Japanese superhero. If you know who I'm talking about, then you must agree: Mach Rider must have a flying kick as one of his attacks.

Makes me wonder if that's what they had in mind for Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick.

EDIT: If Mach Rider makes it in, I swear I'll make him one of my mains if only for the fact that he looks like this guy .
Is it Kamen Rider (Masked Rider in Saban's US localization) you speak of?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
In case you want to know what pirate-404 is talking about, I found this nifty little clip on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiCDcY1gIYA&search=rider kick
Just think of that alien in the footage at over 100% damage. :p

Actually, in my suggested moveset, Mach Rider's >A Smash is similar to this variation of the Rider Kick from Kamen Rider Kabuto (as well as C. Falcon's >A Smash from SSB64 - it's different than his SSBM variation).

Also, Mach Rider, Takamaru, and Demille have all just made it to over 1,000 views! Score 1 for the underdogs!

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
good job on the moveset, and thanks for educating us on him more.

i've never played mach rider, but from what little he has to work from, you did a great job. I can't say "he has no chance!!1lol", cuz I, myself, want captain N -____-...
but i would deffinately not complain if he was in the game.

Gamayun

Smash Cadet
@Plan 9: i read your sig and i started cracking up. I think it was that last sentence. It's wrong, i know but anywho...
@Lord Deathborne: wow i really liked that moveset of yours. combined with the fact that Mach Rider is one cool looking mofo i'd say they can't go wrong with his addition. Of course it could have something to do with the fact that SSB64 Falcon was one of my favorite characters.

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
Well, I have another idea for his B-forward. You could have the same start up, but the attack would be a flying punch that, if it connects, will send it's victim bouncing off the ground and into the air. It'd give Mach Rider a good combo-starter, since he would land before his victim does.

...Or maybe I've been playing too much Guilty Gear.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I do have him based on the SSB64 build for C. Falcon, at least for standard attacks and movement. Completely different B moves though. At any rate, that's how I see (and prefer, as I liked the SSB64 build for C. Falcon better than SSBM's overall) him at the moment, but I'm open to new ideas, so feel free to post what come to mind.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
EDIT: HOLY ROTTEN DOUBLE POSTS BATMAN!

Sorry about double posting (my first offense), I meant to update my 1st post, but I ended up creating a new one. Sorry mods. By chance is there a way to delete this post? Oh well... At least maybe this topic will get noticed again...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I would really only support and play as Mach Rider if he was on his bike during the fight. Other than that, meh.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That would take up way too much space... it would be like having Fox in his Arwing or C. Falcon in his Blue Falcon during SSB matches. Just because he hails from a combat motorcycle game doesn't mean he needs to remain confined to his vehicle in an SSB setting. It worked out ok for our two aforementioned friends, didn't it?

pirate-404

Smash Cadet
Well I wouldn't mind incorporating his bike into his attacks. It's just how he can use it without slowing down his attacks. He's supposed to be a fast character, after all.

Top Bottom