• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Fireballs,ever us them?

nublet06

Smash Lord
the fireballs best use is probly recovery. to prevent people from wanting to grab the edge so that you cangrab the edge.

besides that its nice to rach some extra damage on people who are cmaping you out. (of course unless they are projectile spamming you.

but lets say a ganon is waiting for you to wavedash at him so he can jump over you and punch/kick you in the face. just short hop fireball him and grats. you just did like 8 damage or soemthing for free.

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
mmm iunno.. mario's forward smash is a retardedly strong attack.. big hit box aswell.. my bro plays Mario.. thats how he kills me whilst i play luigi.. T.T

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
Fireballs cancel Pikachu and Samus' projectile attacks, so Hell yeah, I'm game. It also prevents people from coming up and back, therefore, WHY NOT ? :)

juss999

Smash Rookie
your wright but if you are not very good at intercepting the fireball are the safest way

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
when i play with my friends in doubles as a joke i spam the hell out of the fire bawls. ts really funny with samus on my team. Missle fire bawl combo FTW!

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I like to use fireballs to stabilize myself in the air. It has the added bonus of preventing someone from attacking you in the front while you're falling. Great against characters like Marth who like to jump at you while you're trying to get back on the stage.

Also, as mentioned before, I like to wavedash back and shoot a fireball. I use it to slow things down or to get some distance, and if I'm lucky and the person decides to stupidly jump over it, it sets him up for a forward-wavedash into an up-smash.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Sometimes just to throw of my recovering opponents (who are expecting an aerial) I'll wavedash off the edge backwards while releasing a fireball, and time it just right so the fireball bounces off the edge of the stage. It's an unexpected move that catches people off-guard.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorite ways to use the fireball is to run/wavedash away from my opponent and throw it behind me, then wavedash behind it, so that if the opponent shields, I've got a free grab, and if he jumps, I've got an f-air. I really like to use this set-up for a wavedash > jab > up-B. Think of it like a pill rush with Doc.

cba

Smash Master
i use it when i have no control of the situation or when they less expect it.

knightpal

Smash Rookie
yeah of course i always use the fireballs, when they're recovering back from an attack, it's a sstandard attack.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Although the fireballs are rarely ever used...I find them useful in times when u just have a little extra space when coming back to an edge...I just throw a few out there and a lot of times it confuses people =P.

I also use them when stopping a Falcon, Falco...and sometimes peach...It can keep a falco from lazer rushing you or a falcon from getting combos...For falcon...it almost works like a punch...it will stop them and leave a little tiny space for a smash.

LucKy9361

Smash Rookie
maybe but if the falcon you are trying to stop with a fire knows how you play perfectly then he will just jump over it and then continue to combo you or he will kill you with a knee

trust me i know what i am talking about my friend always do this to me

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Short hop fireball...If they are going for a knee it will most likely hit them in the chest...i dont just straight fireball on the floor

EazyP

Smash Ace
For no reason people tend to shield the fireball, if you get one of these people, wavedash into grab while they're shielding it

Top Bottom