• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Male Robin is so nice and concerned for Lucina in Smash Bros. while Female Robin is super sassy! I love it! <3 LOL XD

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Male Robin is so nice and concerned for Lucina in Smash Bros. while Female Robin is super sassy! I love it! <3 LOL XD

I always feel bad beating Lucina as :4robinf:.:urg: I know :4robinf: can be snarky, but isn't that a bit far? I usually tag team them after hearing that line just to try and have Robin make amends with Lucina.

Then again, Lucina has a bit of snark herself against Marth and Ike.:4pacman: As I said before, everyone's a jerk in their secret victory lines except :4robinm:.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I always feel bad beating Lucina as :4robinf:.:urg: I know :4robinf: can be snarky, but isn't that a bit far? I usually tag team them after hearing that line just to try and have Robin make amends with Lucina.

Then again, Lucina has a bit of snark herself against Marth and Ike.:4pacman: As I said before, everyone's a jerk in their secret victory lines except :4robinm:.
What if the :4robinf: in Smash is actually Grima?

Shaymikyu

That is an interesting fanfic idea, actually. I'd write it if I had more time/skill. It'd explain a lot. Maybe that's why she has the ability to use dark magic! Though, so does M!Robin... I guess he just got Shadowgift somehow.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Haha, I know how you feel. Most of the characters with voice acting can be quite snarky, :4lucina::4robinf::4palutena: and :4darkpit: come to mind. :4robinm:treats :4lucina: with love and respect, just as he should. I wouldn't want my Robin to be any other way.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
And now for a random (but relevant) image by a really good artist.

http://fav.me/d81aobj
Haha, I remember seeing this pic on Devianart. The artist really did an amazing job with this picture, especially the humour behind it all. That's actually how I envisioned things went down after Robin said, "Time to tip the scales!" in his and Lucina's reveal trailer. X3

Shaymikyu

Well, M!Morgan has a "flamingo punch" in his supports with Owain. Maybe the Robins are somehow related to Captain Falcon and can master the art of the Falcon Punch.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Here's a question for you all. What are your custom move set up for Lucina?

For my neutral B I have Storm Thrust to give me some more spacing options, side B is Heavy Blade to dish out more damage than what Dancing Blade can provide, up B is Dolphin Jump for that extra height at the expense of no damage to opponents, which is fine because I only use up B for recovery and nothing else, and down B is just the normal Counter due to it dealing more damage than the other two Counter options. At the moment, this is just a temporary set up I'm trying. I've yet to properly experiment with all the various custom moves in conjunction with one another.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

For my neutral B I have Storm Thrust to give me some more spacing options, side B is Heavy Blade to dish out more damage than what Dancing Blade can provide, up B is Dolphin Jump for that extra height at the expense of no damage to opponents, which is fine because I only use up B for recovery and nothing else, and down B is just the normal Counter due to it dealing more damage than the other two Counter options.
I think her customs are underpowered in comparison to her regulars, so I don't bother.

Besides, as for custom swordsmen, :4miisword: plays similarly enough and I can turn it into Gray Fox, so it outclasses Lucina in that regard(custom movesets).

I know right? <3 :love: :chuckle:
<3

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I think her customs are underpowered in comparison to her regulars, so I don't bother.

Besides, as for custom swordsmen, :4miisword: plays similarly enough and I can turn it into Gray Fox, so it outclasses Lucina in that regard(custom movesets).
Fair enough. ^_^

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Here's some more RobinxLucina pics for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! ^o^ <3

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I wish for Lucy though is that I wish her Up Special/B had a wider hitbox, it seems so narrow, don't get me wrong it does work, when needed, but I feel like it should be more than just a good recovery. Are there any better customs for it, anybody know??
:4lucina:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
This looks more like a shipping thread than social. :troll: Love the pairing even though I haven't actually put them together in the actual game lol. The art for :4robinm:&:4lucina: are simply precious. :upsidedown:

I'm happy to see my baby make it into Smash, if my avatar wasn't obvious! I've definitely used her more than her ancestral counter-part. :4lucina:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:4marth:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord

For my neutral B I have Storm Thrust to give me some more spacing options, side B is Heavy Blade to dish out more damage than what Dancing Blade can provide, up B is Dolphin Jump for that extra height at the expense of no damage to opponents, which is fine because I only use up B for recovery and nothing else, and down B is just the normal Counter due to it dealing more damage than the other two Counter options. At the moment, this is just a temporary set up I'm trying. I've yet to properly experiment with all the various custom moves in conjunction with one another.
Assault Dash and sometimes Dolphin Jump, otherwise I stay with the defaults.

Speaking of which, Assault Dash really is that good. I've had a few people get salty about it... They'll adapt in time, but it's kind of funny/silly listening to them whine about it.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Here's a few more pics of RobinxLucina! X3 <3 I just can't get enough of this pairing! <3

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That is an interesting fanfic idea, actually. I'd write it if I had more time/skill. It'd explain a lot. Maybe that's why she has the ability to use dark magic! Though, so does M!Robin... I guess he just got Shadowgift somehow.
That or hacks.

Lucina: Wait, I thought you can only use Dark magic while you're a sorcerer. How are you-

Robin: *shhh shhh shh*, no one here knows that,

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Its odd to see "younger build" Robin art, havn't seen much around. Though it must make Liquid happy, since his Robin had that built

Anyhow, more ART!

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Any you know what, despite the fact I am sure you have all scene these two pictures, they are too adorable not to relink

Shaymikyu

I went with the default build for male Robin (in terms of body- he has dark brown hair styled differently) because I was going for a specific look, but little Robin was tempting. He reminds me too much of Morgan, though.

I used type 3 for F!Robin with a green ponytail, but I plan on using the default type next time I do a run with her because I love that tiara she can have. Shame we can't give either Robin glasses.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I went with the default build for male Robin (in terms of body- he has dark brown hair styled differently) because I was going for a specific look, but little Robin was tempting. He reminds me too much of Morgan, though.

I used type 3 for F!Robin with a green ponytail, but I plan on using the default type next time I do a run with her because I love that tiara she can have. Shame we can't give either Robin glasses.
Ohhhh, I absolutely would LOVE to see Robin in glasses! :surprised: And while were add it, give Lucina some glasses as well. ;) <3

Shaymikyu

Ohhhh, I absolutely would LOVE to see Robin in glasses! :surprised: And while were add it, give Lucina some glasses as well. ;) <3
It'd be fun if we could switch up outfits outside of class changes. I'd love for Robin to keep his/her hood up more like in the cutscenes.

Also, I'm sure these are old, but this set is my favorite Robin x Lucina thing. I think I'm just a sucker for anything featuring the Awakening couples with their kid(s), though.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It'd be fun if we could switch up outfits outside of class changes. I'd love for Robin to keep his/her hood up more like in the cutscenes.

Also, I'm sure these are old, but this set is my favorite Robin x Lucina thing. I think I'm just a sucker for anything featuring the Awakening couples with their kid(s), though.

I actually like how he keeps his hood down, since in my headcanon the Robin of the original timeline kept his hood up most of the time. Since he didn't have amnesia he was more distant and less friendly by comparison, with Chrom probably being his only close friend. While not evil or anything, his bonds were weaker with everyone, so after he was forced to kill Chrom he sorta just gives in and accepts his role as Grima. The hood being down on the Robin we play actually is representative of how closer and more open he is by comparison.

Actually, this picture really shows this off I think. It manages to tell a story in just visuals.

Shaymikyu

I actually like how he keeps his hood down, since in my headcanon the Robin of the original timeline kept his hood up most of the time. Since he didn't have amnesia he was more distant and less friendly by comparison, with Chrom probably being his only close friend. While not evil or anything, his bonds were weaker with everyone, so after he was forced to kill Chrom he sorta just gives in and accepts his role as Grima. The hood being down on the Robin we play actually is representative of how closer and more open he is by comparison.

Actually, this picture really shows this off I think. It manages to tell a story in just visuals.

Forgot about that one! It's also one of my favorites. The art itself is so gorgeous, and it's just neat to look at.

That's a solid theory, actually. I already suspected that non-amnesiac Robin kept his/her distance from Chrom and the rest out of fear of hurting them or just being used to not trusting anyone. Without the memories of his/her past and Chrom and the rest taking him/her in, he/she opens up more.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Wow! I never thought about it in that way before! :surprised: I can't believe I didn't notice that subtle difference between the two Robins and considering I have over 500 hours clocked into Fire Emblem: Awakening, you think I would have noticed by now. I love how there's so much depth to the story and the subtleties within the various characters. And it always amuses me when I hear people criticize the story about it being weak, which I find to be absurd by the way, when there's stuff like this in the background that is subtle but if you pick it up, your rewarded for it by such findings enriching the story.

Always, I freaking love that picture! The duality between the alternate timelines is a nice touch. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom