• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Palettes & Final Smash

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
I used to go by the name Chaos 13 on the internet a few years ago. Just wanted to say hi.
And from now I'm going to pretend that "Chaos" is a tittle pass down the Internet troughs generations of users.
I'm the 15th Chaos. Though I use Magnet as my Smash name.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm kind of hoping she'll get Chrom as an alt. model, though I'm fairly sure that's reaching a bit at this point. Poor Chrom.

I agree with Mia being an easy swap, though I think they'd end up sticking to main characters (and Awakening). I think there's a few people she could easily swap with and look pretty good, but I think I'll repeat what everyone else said, because it's true - Great Lord and Yukata would be best.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
While it is such a minor feature, I really like that this appeals to those who prefer masked Lucina over nonmasked Lucina.

I'll probably play as both :4lucina:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm absolutely fine with another Critical Hit, perhaps under a different name. My only hope is that she does yell one of her Crit lines from Awakening, like some of you have already mentioned.
I like "I say when it ends" the most. It sounds the most brutal.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
What's the significance of the mask?
The butterfly is a symbol of (among other things) change and having the power to control your destiny; this is contextually appropriate as Lucina's entire character is defined by her efforts to challenge fate. :) Here's a quote found using a quick search:
...meaning of the totem Butterfly conveys transcending, and is therefore the greatest symbol of our power to choose the path of our destiny.
It is also used in-game to disguise herself as Marth. :)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I dunno. Lucina's facial design is really good, and if the hair goes up with the mask on like it was in Awakening, I might not, just because I like long hair and her hair is awesome.

However, it reeks of awesomeness to take the mask off right as you're about to win a match. So hmm....
Actually I think it'd be cool with the hair up with the mask, imagine her whipping the mask off with her hair blowing in the wind, it'd be awesome

Last edited:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Mask off or else u cant see her bulliful face :C
Also I don't like the mask's design tbh, lol. sincerely sorry to the ppl that do D:
I agree with Metal, I don't exactly like that metallic butterfly covering Lucina's face despite its symbolic meanings (It's a nice touch on symbolism though). I'll probably put it on once in a while, but majority of the time I'll reveal her flesh to the air.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
As cool as Tiki would be... can you imagine pitting Tiki against ACTUAL MARTH? That's just cruel ;__;
Imagine Robin final smashing Lucina.

Lucina: "Wtf dad!?"

Actually even more so, imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina. Given how the game works, it could be like her own two parents beating up on her.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace

Actually even more so, imagine female Robin final smashing Lucina. Given how the game works, it could be like her own two parents beating up on her.
Hadn't thought about this up until now. This is one of the first things I want to try when I get the game. :awesome:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet

That's some insane psychological child abuse, you go back in time to save the world but you end up getting beat up for it.
Your efforts are in vain, child!

Last edited:

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
The butterfly is a symbol of (among other things) change and having the power to control your destiny; this is contextually appropriate as Lucina's entire character is defined by her efforts to challenge fate.
Plus, there's three butterflies that have Lucina in their species name.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
So long as she doesn't get short hair with the mask, I'll go with 'on'.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's some insane psychological child abuse, you go back in time to save the world but you end up getting beat up for it.
Your efforts are in vain, child!
This is why Morgan should be in Lucina's Final Smash!! It'll really only work if Lucina is Morgan's mother, though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Perform the Awakening and summon Naga's Fire, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are clones and their FSes have nothing to do with each other.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Perform the Awakening and summon Naga's Fire, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are clones and their FSes have nothing to do with each other.
To be fair, they're from entirely different franchises. :p Marth and Lucina having the same final smash makes a lot more sense than Ganondorf riding a car or Captain Falcon turning into a giant pig. :p

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Its going to be Critical Hit. Even if it gets a slightly different animation or something, its still going to be Critical Hit. And I'm ok with this.

Last edited:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Its going to be Critical Hit. Even if it gets a slightly different animation or something, its still going to be Critical Hit. And I'm ok with this.
Yeah, it's very possible that it might end up like Link/Toon Link's or Ness/Lucas' (Brawl-wise) finalsmash where it's near identical. Personally I'll cross my fingers for something different, but I wouldn't mind too much. It's not something I use too often in the first place as I play with no items.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think Lucina wont have the HP bar because Awakening's has a different HP bar. Of course, they could just use Awakening's HP Bar.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
It probably will be critical hit, but I'd like to see her get Exalted Falchion, and then learn the skill Rightful King. In Awakening, Exalted Falchion was basically a buffed up dragon-powered version of Falchion, and Rightful King increased the activation of skills by 10%. So, more powerful and a 10% bigger sword hitbox!

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
I think they will put some effort in her final smash. Even if it is Critical Hit-ish they could still change the way it looks. Making any change is better than no change. Plus she IS from a entirely different game in the franchise than Marth. They made Ike's and Robin's unique, no reason they couldn't do it here.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
As long as she says "I say when it ends!" I'll be happy with whatever her final smash is haha.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd be perfectly happy with a Critical Hit with animations and graphics that matched Awakening. :) If it was a 100% copy, it'd be a little disheartening but I'd get over it. I rarely play with smash balls on anyway. :p

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'd be fine with Critical Hit if it did a little less damage, and healed Lucina for half of it, just like Aether. Something to make her just a little more unique from Marth.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
If we're working with aether, maybe it could be a stab followed by the (luna) strike through? Then the person who got hit gets hit twice, and flies into the air. A good amount of smashes work like that.

Top Bottom