• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' Weekly Matchup Discussion Review - Diddy

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
you know, i'm starting to understand the bowser mains.
they are a oppressed people, just like us. their character has a buttload of potential (maybe even more than lucas) and people are constantly throwing crap at their faces when they dont deserve it.
like Omeletrons, they suffer because people hate them. they are a people like Omeletrons. together, the Koopas and the Omeletrons will be unstoppable. and one day, people will realize that we're actually a lot more superior than they are and they will beg us for mercy. and we will consider it.

do u guys wanna be our friends and join the ways of the Omelet? its alot of fun :)

ON-topic: So Lucas has the advantage over link. that was easy
can we redo DK? i think he still is better than lucas, but not 80-20 in his favor

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
you know, i'm starting to understand the bowser mains.
they are a oppressed people, just like us. their character has a buttload of potential (maybe even more than lucas) and people are constantly throwing crap at their faces when they dont deserve it.
like Omeletrons, they suffer because people hate them. they are a people like Omeletrons. together, the Koopas and the Omeletrons will be unstoppable. and one day, people will realize that we're actually a lot more superior than they are and they will beg us for mercy. and we will consider it.

do u guys wanna be our friends and join the ways of the Omelet? its alot of fun :)

ON-topic: So Lucas has the advantage over link. that was easy
can we redo DK? i think he still is better than lucas, but not 80-20 in his favor

He understands!
It's funny because mos people think that bowser is just slightly better then we was from melee and don't even bother to test him and see what he can actually do (I problem of lack of bowser players).

Oh well, we bowser players are there to set things straight. Mreh is there with the logic while I'm there to blow some FIRE at people:p

Anyway, on topic, I think we should allow the link discussion to progress properly by leaving :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

B!squick

Smash Master

He understands!
It's funny because mos people think that bowser is just slightly better then we was from melee and don't even bother to test him and see what he can actually do (I problem of lack of bowser players).

Oh well, we bowser players are there to set things straight. Mreh is there with the logic while I'm there to blow some FIRE at people:p

Anyway, on topic, I think we should allow the link discussion to progress properly by leaving :p

What am I then? O_o But yeah, I'm all for a coalition of big headed psychic children and giant turtle monsters. :)

And if you are moving to DK, I agree it's not 80/20 bad. That's reserved for Bowser V. DeDeDe or Ice Climbers, also known as LOL.

_clinton

Smash Master
What am I then? O_o But yeah, I'm all for a coalition of big headed psychic children and giant turtle monsters. :)

And if you are moving to DK, I agree it's not 80/20 bad. That's reserved for Bowser V. DeDeDe or Ice Climbers, also known as LOL.
Fox vs. Pikachu/Sheik/Zamus (well not so much with Zamus and to a point Sheik)

Really though...the fact that the worse issues Ness and Lucas have is 10 frames of extra stun time from a ground break really seems like nothing compared to some issues other characters have.

Levitas

the moon
I guess within the next few days I'll put a list on the OP of questionable matchup details/numbers and we'll go through those.

Just got back from a melee tournament. It was amazingly fun.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I guess within the next few days I'll put a list on the OP of questionable matchup details/numbers and we'll go through those.

Just got back from a melee tournament. It was amazingly fun.
That sounds good, Link might actually be a questionable matchup.

How well did you do?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Your the knowledgeable one. Kinda like a Mreh # 2 :p

I find it weird that in debates I'm always the most aggressive bowser while Mreh is like the opposite and replies nicely to dumb things :p

DK isn't 80/20 for sure. It's not THAT bad.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

I find it weird that in debates I'm always the most aggressive bowser while Mreh is like the opposite and replies nicely to dumb things :p

MrEh's just pleasant. ^^

Exactly who are we discussing at the moment? o_o

_clinton

Smash Master

I'm the one who likes to see it hit the fans...

MrEh's just pleasant. ^^

Exactly who are we discussing at the moment? o_o
I don't know...but you'd better not change that profile pic.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm the one who likes to see it hit the fans...

I don't know...but you'd better not change that profile pic.
I'll be sure to not do that. :mad:
I wish PK Fire really did that, it'd help out in the Meta Knight matchup.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i dont feel like DK is that bad of a match up (he still win tho)
his range in incredible, but we hav PKF to help us out. and his vertical recovery is so bad that our weak dair spike can KO him.
can someone go summon the DK mains?

Noraa

Smash Lord
its 70-30, i got dk against lucas mains.
its to easy, get them to 90...throw them in the cargo...grab release dsmash stock gone....

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ripple, why'd you keep dsmashing? you can jab re-grab infinite.

or just standing grab infinite if you're quick enough, even with the extra inch di lucas can't get far enough to avoid it.

point is save the dsmash for the 90s when it'll ko

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
I believe the match-up for Lucas vs DK is certainly in DK's favor but it's not super pwn 20:80 I see it more as a 35:65.
DK is quick and aerials are troublesome not to mention the grab game i'll give him props for that, But his Vertical Recovery is just down right awful making a spike a good option for early KOs and PK Fire is good for spacing against him for his lack of projectiles and PKT gimps are hard to do but not impossible, PKFreeze could be an option. If DK gets at low enough angles you can do dair spikes which as stated before can almost always get a KO out of him at about mid-high percents. IDK much about DK but I know he can be deadly if Lucas is not careful.

Levitas

the moon
I like Dair on DK recovering. It doesn't happen all that often, though. Our DJ isn't that great for it.

Welcome to smashboards, mello ^_^

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
his Vertical Recovery is just down right awful making a spike a good option for early KOs
Hard as F*** to get DK in a position where a spike will kill. he sees you coming he uses spinning kong's invincibility. besides his aerial mobility is really good. At the most, DK usually can just double jump and make it back.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
his Vertical Recovery is just down right awful making a spike a good option for early KOs
and by early kills you mean at like 130% right?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Where are the other DK mains? lol

PK Freeze works well in this match
its a better option than PKT edge guarding
Edge guarding DK will make this match a whole lot easier
On stage DK will **** Lucas

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Don't approach DK with Lucas either, spam PKF until your PP runs out. Even if you space well enough and he shields it, he's not fast enough to come up and grab you or anything.

It's also easy to hit DK with Dair/Nair

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
and now we have a ness main named kirby.

if you are going to name yourself after the character, stick with the character.

on topic, don't get grabbed, we have the infinite and release to dsmash. never get grabbed

Levitas

the moon
That's not even close to being an infinite. It's a random mixup with a 50% escape from the regrab, and a not so good release into dsmash.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Tell that to Mew2King...

lol, he did main Mew2 at 1 point though

just call the grab to re grab a "fake" infinite or psedo infinite (like foxes in 64) because its a 50% chance everytime. its an infinite if luck is in your favor

Levitas

the moon
LOLOL, I think I'll do that for techchasing with ness in melee, too. If I guess right and manage to knock you down over and over again, it's an infinite, right?

Levitas

the moon
Because we guess the direction they're gonna end up releasing us in, and if they do it too slow, we know the direction. There are two possible correct ways to DI, so it's a 50-50 shot if we do it right and so do they.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
LOLOL, I think I'll do that for techchasing with ness in melee, too. If I guess right and manage to knock you down over and over again, it's an infinite, right?
har har

and why 50%?

well technically you can get out if you hold away from DK and break out the same way but if DK pivot dances like in the video I posted then its basically a 50% chance because its to hard to tell which way DK faces.

our frame data says its an infinite always but I don't think human hands can do it.- take that levitas

Top Bottom