• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Miiverse Stage, And Splatoon Costumes Available June 14th!

TriTails

Smash Lord
I have a gut sense people wanting Luigi to be nerfed because they don't know how to DI and takes 50% off every single grab.

And also, Doc has his own similiarties to Luigi:
- Both have Tornadoes
- Both are slower but stronger Mario
- Both have diagonal trajectories U-smash that look similiar
- Both have sweetspotting Up-B (Though, the move's animations's all Mario's but for the mechanic, it's more similiar to Luigi's)
- Similiar D-airs (Though, they work differently)

Still not enough to call them semi-clones though, IMO. Although, some Luigi's Mario cloned moves are also part of Doc's moveset.,if that counts.

Mavil64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mavil2000
Wait.... that.. that means...there's probably not gonna be inkling playable char :(

StinkyHands

Smash Rookie
The only people that think Lucas is a Ness clone have never played both of them from a competitive standpoint. That's like saying Luigi is a Mario clone, while appearing similar they both have very different and unique play styles. Lucas was my main in brawl so I am stoked to have him return to the game. In his absence, however I have picked up Ness as my main and I have fallen in love with him. I really don't think Lucas will be as good as Ness, but that's only because Ness is so good. Regardless, I will be maining Lucas.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.
Agreed. If they nerf the top 5 then there'll be a new top 5 everyone will want to be nerfed. Pretty soon everyone will be Ganondorf tier. And you can be sure that MANY players will drop smash 4 if we keep getting heavy nerfs since high tier characters like Rosalina with fascinating abilities make the game fun and interesting. We need buffs not nerfs.

MallowNimbus

Smash Rookie
NNID
RockinYoshi
3DS FC
5000-4133-6577
Lucas is coming very soon!:4lucas:
I can't wait to play as my Brawl main once again! :bluejump:
THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mario is top 20, quite possibly top 15, probably not top 10. You could call that a great character and that's fine, but to try to call me out based on words with subjective meaning is pointless and rather stupid. I wasn't talking about Mario in the first place anyways, I really don't care about Mario. That's deflecting from the topic.

I'm not really interested in wishful thinking. I'm interested in data, consensus, and top player opinions. Show me real evidence that any of those characters have an even matchup. You can make the case for Yoshi based on Rosalina matchup boards and other data, but more recently the opinions have swung in favor of Rosalina. There's a good reason that she's #2 or #1 in the game.

Rosalina by the way is the only one I'm calling for a nerf. I don't believe any other characters need balancing at this point in time. Rosalina is the Brawl Metaknight of Smash 4, without the ease of simply picking up and winning tournaments.
You're only further adding to my point that you know absolutely nothing about Rosalina. I don't who or where you get your information from, but you're horribly misguided or just plain ignorant of you think Rosalins is the best character in the game. Not as long as Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic have anything to say about it. You say you're interested in "data, consensus, and top player opinions," (which, by the way, are horrible sources of evidence) yet you haven't givene either one. Literally no credible and/or sane person has said that Rosalina is the best character in the game. You must not have actually played the game to think that.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.
Buffs to the lower character would be much better besides there is no dominant character right now to really nerf but seeing how people are complaining and Nintendo is listening they will probably nerf some characters. I just want Rage to be removed and ground to air momentum be added back in so I'll just stay in the fantasy world that is my heard where this happens.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
You're only further adding to my point that you know absolutely nothing about Rosalina. I don't who or where you get your information from, but you're horribly misguided or just plain ignorant of you think Rosalins is the best character in the game. Not as long as Sheik, Diddy, and Sonic have anything to say about it. You say you're interested in "data, consensus, and top player opinions," (which, by the way, are horrible sources of evidence) yet you haven't givene either one. Literally no credible and/or sane person has said that Rosalina is the best character in the game. You must not have actually played the game to think that.
So ZeRo isn't a credible or sane person then? Mhm.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I thought we already had the Miiverse stage. Guess I kind of forgot about it. Did anyone else?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So ZeRo isn't a credible or sane person then? Mhm.
ZeRo? As in the same ZeRo that ******* on Twitter about how "broken" Lucario was? The same ZeRo who once called Samus and Kirby the best characters in the game? I'm going say "no" on credible and "maybe" on sane.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo? As in the same ZeRo that ******* on Twitter about how "broken" Lucario was? The same ZeRo who once called Samus and Kirby the best characters in the game? I'm going say "no" on credible and "maybe" on sane.
Sources where he called kirby and samus the best characters plz

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Sources where he called kirby and samus the best characters plz
It was back in E3 in the invitational, I think.

Honestly, ZeRo's kind of an overhyped person. I mean, if he starts playing and winning with Ganondorf, people will say that Ganondorf is OP. He creates a sort of stigma, I may say.

TriTails

Smash Lord

Honestly, ZeRo's kind of an overhyped person. I mean, if he starts playing and winning with Ganondorf, people will say that Ganondorf is OP. He creates a sort of stigma, I may say.
He is (Most likely) the best Smash 4 player after all. The people started to think Sheik is Luigi's worst MU after ZeRo bodied Mr. CC, even though it has happened multiple times in the past already.

And when ZeRo gets beaten by and/or lots of wins with Mii Swordfighter...

Da tir lizt:
SSSSS tier: Mii Swordfighter

God-awful tier: The rest

hype machine

Smash Journeyman

The e3 invitational tournoment was before the game was even finished, I don't blame ZeRo for thinking kirby was one of the best, his up throw killed at 80% . Also ZeRo is the best smash 4 player by far. Nobody is anywhere near his level.

Last edited:

LuLLo

Smash Ace
PK fire
PK thunder
One of his specials absorbs percentage
His stick essentially functions as a baseball bat
Dair is a spike

These observations are from the trailer. I expect extra salt and cheese on my cookies.
Lots of peole already correct

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
The e3 invitational tournoment was before the game was even finished, I don't blame ZeRo for thinking kirby was one of the best, his up throw killed at 80% . Also ZeRo is the best smash 4 player by far. Nobody is anywhere near his level.
I've faced people in my area that would put ZeRo to shame.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Please make more FREE DLC Nintendo. It's a pain for tourneys to get all these consoles with $10 worth of characters. Oi.

Atm0s

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreenStarMario
3DS FC
1075-0882-2177
I love how Nintendo keeps revealing the DLC characters release date when they come out in one or two weeks. The hype level goes way up.:4mewtwo::4lucas:

Last edited:
Top Bottom