• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Miiverse Stage, And Splatoon Costumes Available June 14th!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The official Japanese smash Bros. Twitter account announced that Lucas alongside the long awaited Mii Verse stage and Splatoon costumes for Miis would be available to purchase on June 14th! Lucas will be available for $3.99 for one game, and $4.99 for both games. The Miiverse stage will come free with the update, but the boy and girl Splatoon outfits will cost $0.75 for one version and $1.15 for both alongside a Squid Hat which will have the same prices.

There is no news yet on if this patch will bring balances changes of any kind or any other changes to the game minus this new DLC. The anticipation will just keep mounting as we slowly crawl towards the 14th! Excited to see this new content in Smash? Tell us about it in the comments below!

SmashCapps is excited yet apprehensive of all the new Lucas players that are sure to pop up very soon. To see his impressions on the new DLC and keep up with all Smash related news follow him on Twitter.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Anyone else think it's kinda weird that having the Splatoon amiibo doesn't give you the splatoon costumes in Smash? O.o

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Didn't see this coming, I thought they were going to wait till E3. I can't complain though I'm super exited to play Lucas again!

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
When Mewtwo was released, Lucas had already been announced.That means, we´ll probally see a newcomer at E3 before Lucas is released

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Like i said in the Social Thread:
Well it's time to take the Mother Train!:4lucas::4ness:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I can't wait for Lucas. I thought he was gonna come later this month, so this is great news! Though, not too excited for another balance patch, unless it's to buff some characters that need it.

Incomming 336

Smash Rookie
Damn 3.99 is just too expensive imo. He's too similiar to Ness. I would buy him maybe for 2.49 though.

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
Anyone else think it's kinda weird that having the Splatoon amiibo doesn't give you the splatoon costumes in Smash? O.o
Maybe they will be DLC and you can use those amiibo to train? Wishful thinking on my part.

I can't wait for Lucas! Loved killing people super early with his up smash in brawl.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Looks like there won't be any info about him at E3 after all.

Still waiting on the announcements of Roy and Ryu.

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure they've gotten Lucas out of the way to announce new DLC stuff at E3. Ryu and Roy anyone? B)

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Never been a fan of Lucas, but I might buy him regardless. Also this times well for new announcements at E3, fingers crossed for unique character announcement!

TheArkBuilder

Smash Rookie
NNID
NJA13onnitendo
The official Japanese smash Bros. Twitter account announced that Lucas alongside the long awaited Mii Verse stage and Splatoon costumes for Miis would be available to purchase on June 14th! Lucas will be available for $3.99 for one game, and $4.99 for both games. The Miiverse stage will come free with the update, but the boy and girl Splatoon outfits will cost $0.75 for one version and $1.15 for both alongside a Squid Hat which will have the same prices.

There is no news yet on if this patch will bring balances changes of any kind or any other changes to the game minus this new DLC. The anticipation will just keep mounting as we slowly crawl towards the 14th! Excited to see this new content in Smash? Tell us about it in the comments below!

SmashCapps is excited yet apprehensive of all the new Lucas players that are sure to pop up very soon. To see his impressions on the new DLC and keep up with all Smash related news follow him on Twitter.

TheArkBuilder

Smash Rookie
NNID
NJA13onnitendo
I doubt that there will be balance since the last patch was less than 2 months ago. However, Maybe with the next DLC character (which I expect do be either wolf, ryu, or roy in August) we can get one, they may be waiting until after EVO to see what needs to be buffed/nerfed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wow, they were just kind of like... "Yeah... Lucas and Miiverse come out on this day. Hope you enjoy."

Weird. I figured E3 we would see his release date.
They probably said it so that they can give us the more hype smash news during E3.

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
I don't care how many people I will have to kill i'm GETTING THAT LUCAS AMIIBO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Good luigi, pikachu, shiek, and rosalina all need to be nerfed hard just like diddy
Nope.

There is always gonna be a best character. We can't just nerf character just because they happen to be better than others. They're all characters that have high skill floors (except maybe Sheik) anyway, and people don't even use Rosalina properly yet.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
I hope people remember that they promised tournament mode and never went through with it. Also, Game and Watch needs some buffs since he suffers the most from landing lag.

Plus, he's the only character whose loading screen tips contain lies.

Oil Panic - "This bucket can hold all manner of projectiles. Once filled, unleash the contents on an unsuspecting foe."

Oil Panic - "This will only absorb energy-based projectiles. It won't affect physical ones, like Link's arrows."

He needs to be able to absorb ALL explosives!

Top Bottom