• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas mains, I need your help.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
No one outside the United States is anywhere near the level of player as Easy Coast right now, much less M2K. It's funny how people get excited about players like Serpit who I've never seen place at a big tournament or even one with good players. Okin seems to place well. Galeon seems to place well. Seanson did well in that last tournament. I'd be interested to see how he does against some more well known players.

In the end even our best players are losing to the players that really matter. I can't recall ever seeing a Lucas player place above anyone who I recognized. But if there is one, link me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Why would anyone use Lucas? Look at his matchups. He has a huge learning curve.
He is fun to play. So? He's not winning me money.
i've heared that underlined part for centuries lol. but at least lucas doesn't have an LOL matchup and cg/locked by like the whole cast like a certain character.

i've been trying to use my lucas a bit more lately.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
80:20 for G&W is ridiculous. it is not correct. Look at fox. pika/sheik/ZSS are around that ratio. they all have pretty much guaranteed death combos on him. pika is like 0-death. sheik is like 30-death and ZSS is 0-death. Zss just has to either start from 0% or whiff dsmash on purpose to diminish dsmash's power. G&W has no s*** like that on us. 70-30 is more adequate.

Marth is 65:35
MK is 65:35 or 60:40

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Match up numbers don't really tell you anything. Because they're not standardized in any way shape or form, you might actually just be agreeing with someone by saying you think the number should be different. Completely opinion.

All that can generally be agreed on is disadvantage or advantage which is what makes these somewhat useful. What's a ton more useful is strategies that work on that character.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Match up numbers don't really tell you anything. Because they're not standardized in any way shape or form, you might actually just be agreeing with someone by saying you think the number should be different. Completely opinion.

All that can generally be agreed on is disadvantage or advantage which is what makes these somewhat useful. What's a ton more useful is strategies that work on that character.
that and it tells the degree of the matchup. i honestly could care less for matchup numbers. i just want to know what they can do and what we can do. i posted numbers to show a degree. i think we should just say advantage, little advantage blah blah. number are just there to clraify who is worse than who. why am i still typing about this? we all know crap.. blah blah yaaa.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
the chances, that we stay on topic long enough to finish an entire matchup guide, or even one character, are slim to none.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
HEY YOU GAIZ.

Go to the Sonic Boards and give your opinion on the Lucas vs. Sonic matchup. lil cj, APC, and me were the only ones who said anything so far...

GO! :sonic:

Chuee

Smash Hero
No one outside the United States is anywhere near the level of player as Easy Coast right now, much less M2K. It's funny how people get excited about players like Serpit who I've never seen place at a big tournament or even one with good players. Okin seems to place well. Galeon seems to place well. Seanson did well in that last tournament. I'd be interested to see how he does against some more well known players.

In the end even our best players are losing to the players that really matter. I can't recall ever seeing a Lucas player place above anyone who I recognized. But if there is one, link me.
Serpit got first at some european tourny or something. It had good people like Izaw in it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Send me a results thread and/or videos. I'm not impressed by beating Izaw.

Noraa

Smash Lord
:laugh: The Lucas Boards would be boring if not for the greatness that is Noraa.

You should change the character icon in your postbit, son.

Your right neon, when i stop using lucas, people will finaly notice you for playing good =/

M-GOD

Smash Rookie
Everyone thinks Lucas is gay because he has swirly blond hair... kind of like Jiggly o_o. So I guess people’s natural hate for a cute Japanese pokemon passes on to a cute Japanese kid. Which sucks because anyone who plays Lucas knows he belongs in mid-high tier. Some of the strongest down and up smashes for a light character, a better pk thunder recovery, a frickin' tether like Link, and down B that can hurt you. What is wrong with smashers srsly.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
*hugs Neon Ness*

I agree that Lucas has untapped potential, but I wouldn't put him at the top of mid tier. Maybe the middle, but not any higher. And that's on a good day.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Why is everyone so discouraged about OTHER players' placings with Lucas?
All I hear is "man, Lucas isn't doing good in tournaments, and that discourages me".
Why should it? If we were all concerned that much about maining characters that are good in tournaments, we'd all pick MK. We don't main Lucas because he's good, we
main him because we like him. Why john because OTHER people aren't going out there and proving our character is worth something?

Play your main. Have Fun. If you want cash that bad, play MK. That is all.

nintendomaster24

Smash Cadet
NNID
NMaster
Why is everyone so discouraged about OTHER players' placings with Lucas?
All I hear is "man, Lucas isn't doing good in tournaments, and that discourages me".
Why should it? If we were all concerned that much about maining characters that are good in tournaments, we'd all pick MK. We don't main Lucas because he's good, we
main him because we like him. Why john because OTHER people aren't going out there and proving our character is worth something?

Play your main. Have Fun. If you want cash that bad, play MK. That is all.
There. Thank you.

Also, I'm a Lucas main since day one. I agree with the user who said he requires much training etc.

The reason he isn't even used is because most of the characters in the game are bad match ups for him. He has about 5-6 matchups where he has the advantage (characters that barely anyone use). We are ALREADY at a disadvantage before the ****ing game even starts.

The thing is, no one is as dedicated as us. I really love that fact that no one uses Lucas in tournaments. If the select few like us use Lucas correctly, we'll get his name out there.

Sadly, I believe he is at his peak. Chars like Snake and Meta - their metagames haven't reached their peak. They are and always will be the best characters in the game.

I believe Lucas is doomed at low tier - LOW MID TIER if ANYTHING.

If a player uses Lucas' 100% correctly/plays 100% well, and goes against a character like Meta Knight who also plays 100% correctly, then the Meta will win.

We can't ALWAYS play Lucas 100% correctly/make no mistakes. That is virtually impossible. It is so easy to win with Snake and Meta.

That is why Lucas is destined to be unused. (Sorry if the thoughts are all over the place)

Chuee

Smash Hero
That is why Lucas is destined to be unused. (Sorry if the thoughts are all over the place)
Yes using lucas in tournies isnt that smart but he can win if we play smart. Lucas CAN beat a G&W, he CAN beat a mk, and he can place well if we are smart in the matchup. Even though these characters can destroy our spacing, destroy our approaches we can still fight. Its not impossible and never will be, i dont see anything that says lucas has no chance of beating a G&W or a meta. Everyone says these top tiers destroy our character but when we actually play against them we do a lot better than we think we will. If we know these matches well enough we can play smart against them and do well. Even though these matchups are horrible against our favor we still have a chance of winning. It sucks having such bad matchups but we can educate ourselves in these matchups and do good.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Yes using lucas in tournies isnt that smart but he can win if we play smart. Lucas CAN beat a G&W, he CAN beat a mk, and he can place well if we are smart in the matchup. Even though these characters can destroy our spacing, destroy our approaches we can still fight. Its not impossible and never will be, i dont see anything that says lucas has no chance of beating a G&W or a meta. Everyone says these top tiers destroy our character but when we actually play against them we do a lot better than we think we will. If we know these matches well enough we can play smart against them and do well. Even though these matchups are horrible against our favor we still have a chance of winning. It sucks having such bad matchups but we can educate ourselves in these matchups and do good.

Chu, doesn't matter on the character... depends on the player..
like what if a n00b uses MK and faces a vet. Lucas.

Lucas will take that MK anyday...

I'm not intemedated that Lucas is @ the bottom..
It's actually better for us to be on the bottom..
on the top list, they have high expectations while for the bottom, they dun give a PK sh*t..

dun you Lucas Main-ers like shocking/surprising ppl when We/I win some tourneys =D

Top Bottom