• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is way too misunderstood.

S.D

Smash Master
lol no not out of 5, I'm waiting for the TO to give me the official numbers and such but something like 30-40 i think, although it was anticipated there would be more. I still feel i should have done better :( but yeah i'll post it when i get the word from the TO.

S.D

Smash Master
Western Sydney Tournament
Entry Fee: $15
Entrants: 26
Emu Plains (Sydney/Australia)

Brawl Singles

1. Meteor Master (Ness/ROB)
2. Tedeth (Wolf)
3. Kulla (Metaknight)
4. TCR (Pokemon Trainer)
5. SD (Lucas/Pit)
6. Turtle (Pit/Diddy/Marth)
7. Gords (Diddy/Toon link)
8. Sam (Metaknight)

There was a 40+ expectation for the turnout but it ended up just shy of 30

Edit: I used Pit like twice vs a marth but it got tacked on there anyway...
ps: check out my new sig XD

Irsic

Smash Ace
Lucas' recovery is in no way shape or form the reason he falls short as a character.

lil cj

Smash Lord
We all know Lucas is low tier b/c no one uses him
Not b/c of his flaws....there are some mid and even high tiers that have more flaws than Lucas but people still use them
Two good examples Olimar and Wolf

Irsic

Smash Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Successor of Raphael View Post
Good luck.

Originally Posted by _clinton View Post
A lot of the characters in these ranks aren't used that much for odd reasons everynow and then, they have a right to ***** IMO ^_^
It's more like an "every time" thing.
Except, not.
Oh, so the odd **** that happens to characters like Lucas isn't always (part of) the reason as to why low tiers are low tiers?
More like, they are used, just not that much. "Every time" was a bit of an exaggeration.

Levitas

the moon
We all know Lucas is low tier b/c no one uses him
Not b/c of his flaws....there are some mid and even high tiers that have more flaws than Lucas but people still use them
Two good examples Olimar and Wolf
olimar and wolf have better tools to make up for their flaws.

Lucas's greatest asset is that... he can live longer? OK, so you can take a beating. It would be nice if he could dish out a beating too (like snake), and it would be preferable that he could dish out a beating at the cost of a low life expectancey (olimar). Granted, he can be used as a tank in doubles.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Lucas can live pretty long, I've experienced that.

And agreed Levitas, Lucas is a ****ing beast in doubles. There is no doubt about that.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lucas is beastly in doubles. Hyphen Smash ftw. Plus you can get your opponent to grab release and you use dtilits until they regrab and repeat. Go lucas

Tyke

Smash Rookie
wanna know what i think? WAY misunderstood. I mean srsly most dont know him. heck, i never knew there was a series like that. but i guess i can understand at least some of them, at least those who played the older games. They were like OMG, NEW CHAR!! MUST TRY!!!!1!! n as soon as they did"WTF?! JUST A S****Y NESS CLONE!1!!!!"and threw away the controller x_X
they srsly ***** ness in smash. no wonder nobody likes him juz look at te commis^^
hes a pus*y they say. Me? rofl he gots more character then people who waste their life saving princesses millions of times saying nothing but wohoo(no offense mario fans XD)-_-YOU KEEP FORGETTIN HES 10, dammit. Youd be broken if youd done what hes gone thru..n he got lots stronger thru the game...theres no reason to hate lucas but go on n try to come up with sumthin PLAUSIBLE:p
.........man that was longXD

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Western Sydney Tournament
Entry Fee: $15
Entrants: 26
Emu Plains (Sydney/Australia)

Brawl Singles

1. Meteor Master (Ness/ROB)
2. Tedeth (Wolf)
3. Kulla (Metaknight)
4. TCR (Pokemon Trainer)
5. SD (Lucas/Pit)
6. Turtle (Pit/Diddy/Marth)
7. Gords (Diddy/Toon link)
8. Sam (Metaknight)
OH SN-

A Ness player took first!?

Cheeeaahhh boooiii. I hope they reported them junks to Ankoku's Character Rankings Thread.

Good job, S.D. That's dang good, outta 30 people. Keep it up.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
He is. As a matter of fact, when i started playing Brawl (My first Smash. Bros game, never played Melee or 64) I picked Ike, and said to myself "Ugh that kid must suck, who'd want to play with him". Then as I grew bored, I tried Falco, and he was alright. I could kill anybody on Wi-Fi because I had been training with a slow character. Then I became bored again, and I tried Lucas out of curiosity. It is only then that I realized he has more potential than most characters. It's too bad no one plays as Lucas in tournaments.

_clinton

Smash Master
wanna know what i think? WAY misunderstood. I mean srsly most dont know him. heck, i never knew there was a series like that. but i guess i can understand at least some of them, at least those who played the older games. They were like OMG, NEW CHAR!! MUST TRY!!!!1!! n as soon as they did"WTF?! JUST A S****Y NESS CLONE!1!!!!"and threw away the controller x_X
they srsly ***** ness in smash. no wonder nobody likes him juz look at te commis^^
hes a pus*y they say. Me? rofl he gots more character then people who waste their life saving princesses millions of times saying nothing but wohoo(no offense mario fans XD)-_-YOU KEEP FORGETTIN HES 10, dammit. Youd be broken if youd done what hes gone thru..n he got lots stronger thru the game...theres no reason to hate lucas but go on n try to come up with sumthin PLAUSIBLE:p
.........man that was longXD
>_>

God...that was annoying...

c3gill

Smash Ace
Lucas has been my main since i got brawl. i played ness in SSBM and in SSB, link is always my main 2nd.

That said, i chose ness because i loved the earthbound series, and Mother 3 was awesome- so as soon as i saw Lucas i made him mine. After playing him for awhile, i love his playstyle, and he is a fitting main for me, but he has many weaknesses that are easy to exploit. Im not about to drop him for anyone- but every character has flaws, and the game is about showing your enemy his weaknesses and pwnifying him. And PKT2 is the ultimate n00b pwn3difier.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Lucas has been my main since i got brawl. i played ness in SSBM and in SSB, link is always my main 2nd.

That said, i chose ness because i loved the earthbound series, and Mother 3 was awesome- so as soon as i saw Lucas i made him mine. After playing him for awhile, i love his playstyle, and he is a fitting main for me, but he has many weaknesses that are easy to exploit. Im not about to drop him for anyone- but every character has flaws, and the game is about showing your enemy his weaknesses and pwnifying him. And PKT2 is the ultimate n00b pwn3difier.
Sounds a little weird the way you said that ._.
I picked up lucas when i didnt know sh** about this game. I would camp and spam PKT. Then i got better and then i found this place the end.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is Under rated 'cuz of his performance in story mode xD

one word: *****.
I agree.. Lucas has a deadly move sets.

S.D

Smash Master
OH SN-

A Ness player took first!?

Cheeeaahhh boooiii. I hope they reported them junks to Ankoku's Character Rankings Thread.

Good job, S.D. That's dang good, outta 30 people. Keep it up.
Cheers man, and yeah Meteor is great, we both try rep Mother as often as we can. Sadly for me my tourney results are going backwards and his are going up :(

Top Bottom