• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas? Charrrrge!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Wow that final smash is awesome, I knew Sakurai favored Lucas, but WOW.

I think its odd though that Lucas' final smash does bad on bigger stages as his stage is massive.

oh ye... Thanks Sakurai now I too can charge up special moves /sarcasm///

Anth0ny

Smash Master
yeah srry for double posting
but yeah they showed that in the video on youtube
I want to know what that actually does
like does it only work on the ground or in the ground and in the air
obviously it will be a longer attack than normal but will it also allow you to reach higher than normal?
I know, but this move, unlike the moves presented today, is actually new to Brawl. I don't understand why Sakurai couldn't have said something like "But wait...he can also charge his up special now!". I know we knew about it, but it would have been nice for him to show anything not from Melee.

Or Jigglypuff's rollout ;)

D

Deleted member

Mic_128 said:
Only you can start forest fires (with your head)
FTW!!

Unfortunately, no Sonic stage:cry:

WHY MUST YOU PAIN US, SAKURAI?!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I could care less if Lucas has no PK Love. I'm just glad someone has their own Meteo.

TheLake

Smash Master
Lucas seems to have alot of variety and this FS only adds to that.

Im not THAT unpleased with this weeks updates but im expecting somthing big soon to wrap up this horrid month with somthing epic (A veteran AND a new comer for a double update anyone?! One can only hope) to redeem itseslf.

But in grandier retrospect Id like at least SOME things to be a suprise when the game comes out.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
This is one of those, "0 Strategy 0 skill nuke the stage FS's" rather than ones like Sonic's, Diddy's, or Peach's - They actually require you to do something.

Ah well. Whatever. =/

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow. Just wow. All I can say is "Thank you, Sakurai-san!" :grin: This is one awesome FS without a doubt. ...Although, it's not PK Love. I'll just come right out and say it (um, behind spoiler tags for some BIG MOTHER3 spoilers):
Claus is getting in, maybe as a Claus-Masked Boy hybrid like Samus-ZSS, and he will use PK Love in some way

I'm so excited for Lucas! :bigthumbu

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't care what anyone else says, Sakurai, I offically hate you for making Lucas's Final Smash "PK Starstorm", especially when PK Love would have been much better, and a move that he actually LEARNS in Mother 3.

Also, talking about charged Special Moves seems like a complete waste of an update, even for a double one.

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else think that it is wierd that sakurai said that this fs is good for small stages but might not be good in big stages but IC's fs changes in size along with the stage?

so IC fs adapts but lucas' doesnt?

IC fs>lucas fs???

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Ungrateful...

Does anyone here know Sakurai's e-mail address? I just want to tell him that all the effort he is putting into this game and the Dojo isn't appreciated and he should stop right now. I mean... who else would spend his time creating something for all you ungrateful idiots when he could be doing something else?! I mean, COME ON!!!! What else could you ask for!?!! A ****ing character every **** day?! That means he'd have to delay Brawl by another 3-4 years just to fulfill your selfishness!!!!:mad:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone here know Sakurai's e-mail address? I just want to tell him that all the effort he is putting into this game and the Dojo isn't appreciated and he should stop right now. I mean... who else would spend his time creating something for all you ungrateful idiots when he could be doing something else?! I mean, COME ON!!!! What else could you ask for!?!! A ****ing character every **** day?! That means he'd have to delay Brawl by another 3-4 years just to fulfill your selfishness!!!!:mad:
You got a point...

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu’s Side Special Move: Skull Bash

I think he stole it from either ivysaur or squirtle.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
Lucas' FS looks, and will most likely be, really bad***. PK Starstorm just generally wins.

But still, what could have kept them from using Lucas' most powerful/signature move (PK Love, which, well, is actually his)? Unless it's going to be used somewhere else
*cough*Claus*cough*
, I don't think there should have been a reason not to. </poutwhine>

Noshiee

Smash Ace
PK Rockin is cooler. Poo knew Starstorm and it wasn't as strong. I'm kinda disappointed that the main character of Mother 3 doesn't know Rockin or whatever it's called in Japanese.

That being said, Starstorm still looks really cool. Do you think it'll go through platforms though?
well, PK StarStorm is also Kumatora's PK in Mother 3, and it was the second most powerful PK after PK Love Omega. Also, Lucas special PK is un-officially PK Love and not Rockin (thats Ness's, kinda). Also, all of Lucas moves with the blue Hexagons are a reference to PK Love, as PK Love's effects in Mother 3 where blue hexagons patterns, or maybe those ARE smaller versions of PK Love, we dont know. Maybe...just maybe...if Claus get into Brawl...maybe HE will get PK Love...
Now with Kumatora out of the way (atleast as a PC, I would like to see her as an AT, using PK Ground and stuff, that's the only PK left, well, and PK Flash, but that is not her's, and well, PK Beam is also left, but that's Ana's PK from Mother 1), Claus has big chances.

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
This is a really cool final smash, it looks amazing, I can't wait till I get this game and play as him and do that!! :)

Shtar Suicide

Smash Rookie
Hasn't anyone noticed that in the demo at E FOR ALL, there are only 23 available spots that you could bunch the Character Icons in, and 22 characters revealed(Zero Suit Samus and Samus count as 1)? And considernig we haven't gotten the confirmation of Captain Falcon(Which is clearly in, he even has an assist trophy and a symbol.), that might mean we won't be getting any new characters, which also is bad for me.

It IS harder to make every character unique instead of the clone characters from SSBM so giving us as many UNIQUE characters as there were CLONE characters probably seems fair to Sakurai.

According to this, the addition of CF means that 23 out of 23 slots would be filled, and all characters would be currently shown, no? SO then are there NO more characters to be revealed, or is the character select screen at E FOR ALL in it's BETA version. There is also a possibility that you would be able to scroll through two screens of the Roster like classic fighting games.

It just annoys me when people are asking NUW CARROCTERS SAKURA!!!11! and I can't get this theory out of my head. I want Krystal to be in Brawl just as you want...Ridley.

My case is closed.

Ace777

Smash Rookie
Shtar Suicide, relax. There will be many more characters in the game. The numbers will probably go to 32 or higher... possibly to 40 or higher. E for All's screen was made that way on purpose. They did not want to reveal very much about the game... They just wanted to give us a feel of how it's played.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Lucas' Final Smash. Cool, but I think everyone in existence expected PK Love (This is saying something considering I've never played a MOTHER game)...

I hate to be so speculative, but I think this may just point to another character from MOTHER 3 having it as a Final Smash... :p

PK Starstorm looks really cool. And painful. XD

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
Great Final smash..... pissed at the fact we havnt got a new character in a whileeeeee

Top Bottom