• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Community Share and Video Analysis

iRJi

Smash Champion
Good stuff trela.

You know, He didn't punish you for fairing his shield. LOL.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Sinny has the same habits offline and online? Oh goodness. I'll have to tell you some things over AIM sometime then, D. Disciple.

Richi

Smash Cadet
Richi

Hey! This is Richi form Mexico City.
I would like to share my videos!
It seems that i am the first lucario from Mexico recording here. I would really apreciate that u can help me and give me some advice because here we are very few lucarios and at low levels.
Greetings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkDhyPdSukc
Richi vs alanhante (Zelda)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxSghTvdmE
Richi vs Hyuga (Toon link)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, this was what I was talking about when I said Japan might be getting a new good Lucario. I just wish he didn't nair into shield and froll into the opponent as often, those are really bad, luckily it's 9B, he should get over those habits pretty quick :)

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yeah, this was what I was talking about when I said Japan might be getting a new good Lucario. I just wish he didn't nair into shield and froll into the opponent as often, those are really bad, luckily it's 9B, he should get over those habits pretty quick :)
That or he is doing it for a reason. The Nair thing I can understand, as it is ******** to land in front of someone while nairing their shield. There is no attempt to cross up on the nair either, which is meh. I know that he doesn't know that retreating nair on shield is completely safe on almost every character in the game, but not a lot of people do. My main interest is how he tries to implement a Jump cancel Usmash, which is something that I never even thought of doing. Could be promising, and I am going to try and use it or something until it either fails or visa versa.

Of course his Edge guarding is pretty pro. You can tell he doesn't care about getting gimped, not like it happened. While more aggro, he pretty much kept himself safe at the same time while doing it. There was a few spots where he would have been gimped pretty easily, but its enlightening to watch how accurate he is, while remaining out of harms way most of the time.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
His edgeguarding was cool, but imo it was hella risky, I did stuff like that to t0mmy and while it worked at first, he would punish me later and make me take tons of damage, so now I just charge AS and dair/fair if he's close enough to the edge that it would be safe.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Richie's Lucario is pretty cute too.

Just know your spacing and use Aura Sphere more. Especially against a jumpy character like TL... Its sooooo gooood.

iRJi

Smash Champion
His edgeguarding was cool, but imo it was hella risky, I did stuff like that to t0mmy and while it worked at first, he would punish me later and make me take tons of damage, so now I just charge AS and dair/fair if he's close enough to the edge that it would be safe.
In what attribute? From my perspective the risk was just a tad higher then normal, but nothing to significant to where he would be screwed over by it. I would like to point out that Ocean never DI'd out of the dair, but the reason for it could be that the fight was offstage. I felt that 9B was making a good wall, and if he was to get hit, the worse would be just him getting hit back for it, but never actually losing a stock for it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Argh you fell for the ledgehop Fireball to Up B. Its a really good Weegee setup, all the good Luigis use it (YoshQ told me).

Stop standing around so much you're just letting him wear your shield down. Predict where he will land and fire AS.

If you get above him when he's in the air Luigi has an incredibly hard time trying to approach you.

Get away and charge/fire AS when he's trying to BAir wall you. Unless you're perfectly spaced all the time its not worth it challenging it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He did the ledgehop trick on me again in our set at ECSS, he really surprised me with it. Same with Airdodge to UpB...like lol YoshQ.

And thanks for the tid bits, I'll work on those.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Biggest thing I noticed was that you tried to shieldgrab/dash grab after shielding things. Grab has a lot of lag, and most of Luigi's moves have a lot of surprising push on block. I'd try to jab oos a little more, even if you don't get AA -> grab, you are at least punishing him a bit and not getting vulnerable to being smashed/grabbed and the like.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
YoshQ admitted himself... He has a troll playstyle. To beat a troll playstyle you have to play super smart and pressure like hell.

Also, I recommend watching some of his other videos to get a feel for his style, since its rather unique and really fun to watch too. Good Luigis are really hard to find.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
That was a fun set to watch. That Lucario uses way too much FSmash though.

I frowned when he degraded his FSmash on Brinstar's breakable parts.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hate to say it, but Nick didn't test it right.

He let the nado's damage degrade like completely, that might kinda throw some of the characters off a bit.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think in general it's pretty meh to apply just because tornado is usually moving, so it's hard to get the center, I don't think the staling is as big a deal as that factor alone.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Oh the happy day, my videos got noticed :D

I admit that I use fsmash maybe a bit too much but I'm going with a mentality that if my opponent can't punish me for it, I'll keep throwing them out since it causes practically no harm (except it looks really stupid). The problem is that I failed a few times and got punished for it >.>

I didn't even think about fsmash getting staled of the vines on Brinstar. I wasn't saving it for kills since it's kinda difficult to land it there, uair, bair and AS were the primary moves I thought I'd be killing with.

I've got some new videos from a recent tournament on this channel if you want to see, although I think I was playing kinda bad.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBBFIN?blend=22&ob=5

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
imo it was still a decent idea using it occasionally for keeping the hitbox out longer, one can often get significant results from letting it delay. While it's true that I wouldn't personally stale it too much, since fsmash is still a useful kill/stuffer for MK's ftilt and dtilt if he misspaces them (and you can net some good kills from that), I would've personally used it a little less, and refreshed the moveset using jabs/dtilts on the columns. I would not throw out fsmashes, since on whiff MK can dash grab it, and if it hits his shield at lower aura half the time he can just ftilt/dtilt out of his shield to punish.

I'm just glad EU Lucarios are stepping it up, you and Nives are getting good (and it's great esp. in Nive's case, since Lucario has a lot to offer even for aggro playstyles in certain EU country's metagames)

Browny

Smash Hater
Btw my MMs vs Zigsta will be up soon. Match 1 is up now, it takes forever to upload each vid though >_<

Same with my games vs X, they will be up within 2 days at latest.

:phone:

Top Bottom