• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is not a clone of Mewtwo.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Getting this thread back on topic...

Let's define spiritual successor before we all decide to wage war over it.
>.> Sounds logical to me.
The term was usually "Luigified", but in light of the differences in the situation, the best word for it is "Similar".

MookieRah has the ability to ban me, you don't.
I see.

-DD

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
As I said before this argument is really getting us nowhere. I don't really care if he is similar to mewtwo, (even though mewtwo was badass, I played a little of him myself) the fact that hes in the game is good enough for me. Now, I'm done arguing over this and I'm gonna go find something better to do.

Have fun.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
MookieiRah has the ability to ban me, you don't.
I really hate being treated differently purely because of mod status. I don't randomly decide to ban people.

And technically, there is no rule about joke threads. If you get down to it joke threads are spam and should be locked :-P. Also, while this is a joke thread, it's obvious that people actually believe Lucario doesn't have ties to Mewtwo. I know this because I've seen it elsewhere on the site. So my posts in here is hopefully to convince people to realize that there are a lot of things in common between the two characters.

Sariku

Smash Master
I really hate being treated differently purely because of mod status. I don't randomly decide to ban people.

And technically, there is no rule about joke threads. If you get down to it joke threads are spam and should be locked :-P. Also, while this is a joke thread, it's obvious that people actually believe Lucario doesn't have ties to Mewtwo. I know this because I've seen it elsewhere on the site. So my posts in here is hopefully to convince people to realize that there are a lot of things in common between the two characters.
I was really only joking around with the you having the power to ban me. You do, but I couldn't think of anything else to say at the current time.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
-seconding Sariku's anti-seconding motion, therefore negative-singling the original motion-

Democracy is cool, but the US is a Republic. I'm for the US.

Micahc

Smash Ace
-seconding Sariku's anti-seconding motion, therefore negative-singling the original motion-

Democracy is cool, but the US is a Republic. I'm for the US.
GAH! Jerk, can you anti second a seconded motion that has been seconded? If you say seconded enough, does it start to sound weird? Seconded.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Lucarios better, but Mewtwos still freaking awesome.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Lucario and Mewtwo seem like they have some similar moves but aren't similar at all. Mewtwo all seems more floaty than Lucario is.

R12:21

Smash Rookie
Go USA! (Why I we speaking about democracy and republics on this forum)?

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'm going to miss Mewtwo I think I'll be happy with Lucario who happens to not be a clone of Mewtwo. They really only have two attacks in common so being a clone isn't really a good theory. Besides if they were going to get rid of Mewtwo then why put a clone in his place? (unless they thought it was a good idea like toon link (which is a horrible idea)) Anyways after actually looking at the movesets and how the two characters play you will realize that there is no possible way that they are clones.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
As much as I'm going to miss Mewtwo I think I'll be happy with Lucario who happens to not be a clone of Mewtwo. They really only have two attacks in common so being a clone isn't really a good theory. Besides if they were going to get rid of Mewtwo then why put a clone in his place? (unless they thought it was a good idea like toon link (which is a horrible idea)) Anyways after actually looking at the movesets and how the two characters play you will realize that there is no possible way that they are clones.
I’ll post what I posted in the other topic here as well:

They share very similar hit boxes
Up smash and side smash are basically the same
lucario's >b works in the SAME way that Mewtwo's did (No it's not comparable with Samus')
lucario's ^b is a visible version of Mewtwo's
lucario's jump and falling animation is the same as Mewtwo's
lucario's tilts are also very similar to Mewtwo's

Not clones but close enough to be called Luigified

Mewtwo is completely gone from Brawl.

I suggest trying to do some research of your own.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Lucario does not look like Mewtwo, nor a clone of Mewtwo. He is more like Chuck Norris instead.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I can accept people saying Lucario is somewhat similar to Mewtwo. But he is not a clone. Why? Because Mewtwo isn't a playable character. This means that Lucario cannot be a clone. I could see their argument IF Mewtwo was playable in Brawl. But he's not, so stop calling Lucario a clone. No, calling him Luigified isn't even acceptable. Lucario is his own character. An original character with a unique moveset.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
I can accept people saying Lucario is somewhat similar to Mewtwo. But he is not a clone. Why? Because Mewtwo isn't a playable character. This means that Lucario cannot be a clone. I could see their argument IF Mewtwo was playable in Brawl. But he's not, so stop calling Lucario a clone. No, calling him Luigified isn't even acceptable. Lucario is his own character. An original character with a unique moveset.
It doesn't matter what game they're both from we are comparing their move sets and how they play. Whether you like it or not, it still doesn't change the fact that lucario is still to some extent a luigified Mewtwo. If Mario wasn't taken out and Luigi was kept in, no matter how many games in between there were Luigi is still going to be a luigification of Mario (assuming they kept Luigi's moveset the way it was)

Luigified = it describes a character who shares many of another character's moves and/or specials, but still has notable different attacks.

Mewtwo ≈ lucario

DancingZombies

Smash Rookie
How is Lucario anything like Mewtwo? So they both have B-charge attacks. That's about it. Up-b is different enough (also doesn't have invincible frames, I believe), but side-b and down-b are completely different. His A moveset is nothing like mewtwo's, and the character's physics (including but not limited to Lucario's ability to boost his damage output with how much damage he's taken) are nothing alike. I have no clue why this is even an argument.

infernovia

Smash Ace
How is Lucario anything like Mewtwo? So they both have B-charge attacks. That's about it. Up-b is different enough (also doesn't have invincible frames, I believe), but side-b and down-b are completely different. His A moveset is nothing like mewtwo's, and the character's physics (including but not limited to Lucario's ability to boost his damage output with how much damage he's taken) are nothing alike. I have no clue why this is even an argument.
Because sometimes, hit boxes and calculations speak better than aesthetics.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3853828&postcount=23

Top Bottom