• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is not a clone of Mewtwo.

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
Meh, Lucario isn't technically based off Mewtwo anymore than Mewtwo is based off fighting anime. Both Lucario and Mewtwo project abilities seen before in shows such as Dragonball Z(even perform the same 'kamehameha' pose when charging their energy). From Mewtwo's forward-throw to Lucario's Final Smash, Mewtwo is essentially Freiza in Pokemon form, and Lucario, like a saiyan, gets stronger after taking damage.

The character Lucario was not made with Mewtwo in mind, necessarily, though they do share a sort of polar opposition, as Lucario's psychic abilities are natural whereas Mewtwo's are artificial, Lucario uses martial arts and Mewtwo uses mental strikes, etc.

However, as far as the game of Smash is concerned, it cannot be denied that Mewtwo's moveset was taken into consideration when Lucario was made. They have essentially the same standard and up b's, after all, as well as some standard attacks. However the similarities are not much, it's only true that Mewtwo was thought of when they were making Lucario for Smash.

Still I would have loved to have both in the game. They're such compatible rivals.
Well said, Pyras, well said.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Consider it this way - with all the tricks and abilities Lucario has that Mewtwo didn't, such as wall cling and the damage multiplier, consider Lucario a vast improvement over Mewtwo. A overhaul, if you will.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, that's what I believe. Lucario was not designed with Mewtwo in mind at all.
How the hell can you say that? Did you even read Dguy's post? Did you even look at my huge impressions thread? It's so amazingly obvious that Lucario was based off of Mewtwo. BASED OFF HIM, he isn't a clone, but he is just a huge improvement. A lot of his moves have the same mechanics even if they are visually different. Explain his fsmash, upsmash, excellent tilts (which work pretty much the same as Mewtwo's but he uses his legs), his neutral air, his Aura Sphere that works JUST LIKE Mewtwo's shadow ball minus the wave motion when it's charged, the fact that his up B is the closest thing to a teleport without actually being a teleport (had to get a move that was the correct typing but make it do the same thing as teleport), and similar weight and speed.

Those are A TON of similarities, and if you disregard them you are a complete idiot.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
How the hell can you say that? Did you even read Dguy's post? Did you even look at my huge impressions thread? It's so amazingly obvious that Lucario was based off of Mewtwo. BASED OFF HIM, he isn't a clone, but he is just a huge improvement. A lot of his moves have the same mechanics even if they are visually different. Explain his fsmash, upsmash, excellent tilts (which work pretty much the same as Mewtwo's but he uses his legs), his neutral air, his Aura Sphere that works JUST LIKE Mewtwo's shadow ball minus the wave motion when it's charged, the fact that his up B is the closest thing to a teleport without actually being a teleport (had to get a move that was the correct typing but make it do the same thing as teleport), and similar weight and speed.

Those are A TON of similarities, and if you disregard them you are a complete idiot.

Lol, a mod flamming me. Hilarious.

Read PyrasTerran's post.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Lol, a mod flamming me. Hilarious.
I'm not so much flaming as much as I'm pointing out that you are indeed being an idiot. Many of us have presented you with information about the mechanics of Lucario and how similar they are to Mewtwo but you are way to stubborn and set on your Lucario fanboy nonsense that you can't actually accept reason or logic.

Seriously... I've debated with a lot of people, but you are up there with being one of the most thickheaded individuals.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, I'm entitled to my opinion, and no one's going to change it.

You just want to think that there are remnants of your precious Mewtwo in Brawl, but there isn't. Sorry.

@DQP: At least someone understands. Thanks

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
From coming off playing Mewtwo for two weeks, it has really helped me start my Lucario game. The floatiness was easier to get used to. That on top of the Sheik experience that I already had, I am doing excellent with him. I can definitely see a Mewtwo base in Lucario's design.

He has way more priority in his moves which I love sooooo much. I have said this a lot and I will say it again. Lucario reminds me of a mix of Mewtwo and Sheik. The resemblance is so scary that Lucario seems like their offspring.

Just my two cents anyway.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I can't believe this discussion is even going on. Lucario is not a clone, but he is based off M2.

Lucario and Mewtwo have numerous similarities and differences.

First and most obvious of the similarities is their projectile. Mewtwo's shadow ball and Lucario's Aura sphere both charge in a similar method. That is to say that these projectiles do damage while charging and can be charged in mid air as well. When shooting a small form of either projectile, they both wave up and down. When shooting a fully charged one, Mewtwo's waves up and down while Lucario's travels straight at a greater velocity. When shot from ground level at full charge, Mewtwo's would only sometimes hit someone who was hanging on the edge. Lucario's on the other hand, when shot fully charged will hit a person hanging on the edge every single time. I like this very much.

Next will be the forward smash. Both moves have very similar activation time and range. The major difference here is that Lucario's move is significantly easier to land hits with.

The down smash of Lucario can be described as M2's down smash in both directions slightly elevated. The activation time and lag of said moves are identical.

The up smash of the two characters is very similar as well. Both activate with similar speed and stay out for a similar length of time. The difference here is that Lucario's has much heightened killing power.

Lucario and Mewtwo's jab moves share nothing in common.

Lucario and Mewtwo's rolls also share nothing in common. Lucario's is just plain better,

Their spot dodges have identical time for being out and the lag afterwards.

Mewtwo and Lucario's down throws both have different animations, but the two are the exact same move. Both grab the opponent and slam him into the ground, bouncing him up and in perfect range for whatever it is you plan to do next.

Mewtwo and Lucario have extremely similar back throws, which is simply grabbing the opponent and tossing him behind for considerable distance.

Lucario's forward throw I have not seen much of, but it appears to just be his back throw in front of him, a major improvement over Mewtwo's horribly weak (although very cool) forward throw.

Up throw I have to admit I don't recall seeing Lucario perform.

If you have watched the Lucario match against Wario on Wifiwars' Youtube profile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUo-905Zuk), you will see Lucario performing an uptilt. You will notice the area of effect and general speed of the move to seem virtually identical to Mewtwo's uptilt.

Lucario's down tilt is much different from Mewtwo's. While Mewtwo's was a tripping type move that set up for combos, Lucario's looks like it is purely for the purpose of knocking the enemy away. Lucario's tilt also has less range than Mewtwo's.

I have not seen enough of Lucario's other tilts to really comment on their similarity or difference to Mewtwo's. However, if they are similar, all the better, because Mewtwo's tilts were incredible in Melee.

Lucario's side B move is focus palm I believe it is called, and is basically a more ranged forward smash with more lag. This is nothing like Mewtwo's side B move, but that is a good thing.

Lucario's down B move is quite similar to Marth's down B, which is counter. This is a good thing, considering Mewtwo's down B move is lackluster at best.

Lucario's up B move is the only move he has that is nerfed compared to Mewtwo's apparently. Mewtwo's up B move went faster, further, and had less lag. Nonetheless, it is how Lucario is and we will have to deal with it.

I have not seen enough of Lucario's neutral air to say much about it. Others have compared it to Marth's, Mewtwo's, and Zelda's neutral air. If it is similar to Marth or Mewtwo's neutral air, that is a good thing.

Lucario's down air is a straight up major major improvement over Mewtwo's. It looks like a combination of Luigi and Falco's down air from Melee, which is a very good thing.

Lucario's forward air appears to be a longer range and less damaging version of Mewtwo's forward air for the most part.

Lucario's back air has a dramatically reduced range compared to Mewtwo's. It seems to have similar power though.

Lucario's up air seems to have slightly less range than Mewtwo's, but it does seem to have greater power by a very noticable margin, a reasonable trade off.

That will be the moves for the most part.

A few more things to note.

Mewtwo and Lucario's aerial movement horizontally and vertically are basically the same. Lucario does seem much harder to kill than Mewtwo, but still seems easier to kill through the roof of a map than other Brawl characters.

Another interesting difference is that Lucario can wall jump while Mewtwo can not. This may or may not prove useful depending on how many stages with walls are played on and how a player can take advantage of the ability. I think in time, people will figure out some pretty nifty tricks with it.

The final thing I will comment on is that although Lucario's up B is not as good as Mewtwo's Lucario does have the ability to stick onto a wall. I have not seen this happen often nor do I know everything about it yet, but it is a very very interesting ability to have. If you do not know what I am talking about, take a look at the video below at about the 7:30 mark. Watch Lucario recover after being knocked off the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

All in all, I would speak of Lucario as a much improved and altered Mewtwo. They are too different to be called clones, but similar enough to say that Mewtwo was a base for Lucario. The same can be said about Fox and Wolf.
Im going to QFT cause I don't think enuff people have looked at it.

What, is this some kind of ever lasting battle? Mew2 vs Lucario or something where people think Mew2 is too "nasy" to be apart of their Lucario? Dguy and MookieRah have clearly put alot of time and care into researching Lucario for us and I take it that they know their way around Mew2. . .add that to the people who have played him and say that same thing (refering to as having a Mew2 feel but better).

This is. . .odd to say the least in a kind manner.:ohwell:
Very confuse:dizzy:ing

the gatherer

Smash Rookie
Eisenherz your counter argument pertaining to Xatu makes no sense. These guys are trying to tell you Lucario is inspired by mewtwo IN MELEE. They are not telling you that he is a clone or that Lucario was inspired by Mewtwo in the pokemon games (even though its obvious he is meant as a replacement for mewtwo for the new gen of customers for pokemon; he speaks via telepathy and has that mysterious and misunderstood personality and in the end trusts humanity)

Xatu was never in melee as a full blown character with movesets.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Eisenherz your counter argument pertaining to Xatu makes no sense. These guys are trying to tell you Lucario is inspired by mewtwo IN MELEE. They are not telling you that he is a clone or that Lucario was inspired by Mewtwo in the pokemon games (even though its obvious he is meant as a replacement for mewtwo for the new gen of customers for pokemon; he speaks via telepathy and has that mysterious and misunderstood personality and in the end trusts humanity)

Xatu was never in melee as a full blown character with movesets.
w\e, I thought we were talking about Pokemon in general, and not just the ones in SSB.

Sariku

Smash Master
Im going to QFT cause I don't think enuff people have looked at it.

What, is this some kind of ever lasting battle? Mew2 vs Lucario or something where people think Mew2 is too "nasy" to be apart of their Lucario? Dguy and MookieRah have clearly put alot of time and care into researching Lucario for us and I take it that they know their way around Mew2. . .add that to the people who have played him and say that same thing (refering to as having a Mew2 feel but better).

This is. . .odd to say the least in a kind manner.:ohwell:
Very confuse:dizzy:ing
Quoted because you're an idiot.

THIS IS A JOKE THREAD O.O

Oh, MookieRah, tell me if you come down to Southern Mississippi. I wouldn't mind playing you, neither would my crew. Which one of them contains the best Link is Atlantic South, with NES n00b right behind him.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
You all fail to see the point of the thread.

We are celebrating Lucario's ability to have some of Mewtwo's spirit, but retain some serious originality. Thus the spiritual successor.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who are saying that Lucario is not a clone at all, and had absolutely no affiliation with Mewtwo at all while being designed and formatted for Brawl: you are all DUMB.

Of course the two have similarities! And the similarities were probably birthed from the design team saying "Hmm... we need a Mewtwo-like character, who will be twice as cool, and won't be exactly the same."

I am not saying that the two are clones; I am instead saying that Mewtwo is obviously Lucario's FOUNDATION. They took Mewtwo, they made him cooler, they made him better, they made him very, very different.

There is no shame in admitting that Lucario was based off of a Melee character! In fact, it's a plus: Lucario is a character in which they took an already decent fighter, and made him A LOT BETTER.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Quoted because you're an idiot.

THIS IS A JOKE THREAD O.O
1. Why the hell are you quoting my QFT of some other member (who is not you) to state that this is a "joke thread"? Just make a post stating that. . . don't randomly choose my post about the subject and start name calling like a lil *** child.

2. Regardless of your intended meaning for making this thread there clearly seems to alot of truth in Dguys post/ MookieRah's statements and Blood_Hawk's first hand impressions. Theres also alot of people who choose to over look these things which is where this agruement stems from.:ohwell:

Ichida

Smash Ace
Argh! Why is this even causing debate?! Everyone agrees that Lucario is SIMILAR to Mewtwo, just in varying degrees. My opinion is, WHO CARES?! Lucario is CLEARLY SUPERIOR to Mewtwo, so stop arguing about it and enjoy Lucario for who he is and how he fights!!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Oh, MookieRah, tell me if you come down to Southern Mississippi. I wouldn't mind playing you, neither would my crew. Which one of them contains the best Link is Atlantic South, with NES n00b right behind him.
So wait, the guy in your crew is a better Link player than NES n00b? That's pretty **** impressive if that is the case.
w\e, I thought we were talking about Pokemon in general, and not just the ones in SSB.
I wasn't talking about Lucario in Pokemon terms, I was talking about Lucario's moveset and how it compares to Mewtwo's from Melee. In the Pokemon world, Mewtwo and Lucario aren't related in any way at all. I'm glad it was just a big misunderstanding.

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)

My god are you guys even reading my posts? HE IS BASED OFF OF MEWTWO AND NOTHING ELSE!!!! He has similarities to mewtwo but the fact is he is not a clone.

Sariku

Smash Master
So wait, the guy in your crew is a better Link player than NES n00b? That's pretty **** impressive if that is the case.
Well he can beat NES n00b in Link Dittos 1/2 of the time, if that means anything. NES n00b came to his place and they just placed Smash for an entire day, and Hero (My teammate who I said is a better Link, or atleast very close.) said that he only gets one stocked by n00b's Captain Falcon, and did beat it a few times.

You really need to come host a tournament or something down here, you'll get to meet new Smashers, even if some aren't that good. -shrug-

Reno-Vgas

Smash Cadet
Ok well, I dont think as much to call him a clone but he is in fact a replacement. I'm not saying they have a certain relation, but lucario is taking the.. should I say legendary? or unique Pokemon spot in brawl. But he does has various aspects similar to mewtwo, which have already been covered in this thread.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
They have 2 moves that are similar. That's it.
They have more than two moves that are similar is the thing. His upsmash is similar, his neutral air is similar, his fair is similar, and etc. They have a lot of similarities. Like I said before, he isn't a clone, but his moveset is based heavily off of Mewtwo's.

Red Impact

Smash Cadet
They have more than two moves that are similar is the thing. His upsmash is similar, his neutral air is similar, his fair is similar, and etc. They have a lot of similarities. Like I said before, he isn't a clone, but his moveset is based heavily off of Mewtwo's.
Unforunately, that's where the problem lies. You've essentially hunkered down onto that point (like a stubborn mule) and will not budge. Not even compromise, regardless of the evidence staring you in the face.

If a character is made in the spirit of another, but the execution, gameplay, mechanics, and appearance are different? It qualifies as an original character.

Man, when I saw the first Lucario videos hitting the net (during the streams those first few days) and the 2ch users' impressions, the LAST thing that came to my mind was "Why, that there boy sure looks and plays a lot like Mewtwo."

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Unforunately, that's where the problem lies. You've essentially hunkered down onto that point (like a stubborn mule) and will not budge. Not even compromise, regardless of the evidence staring you in the face.
First off, I would budge if you actually presented your case with counterpoint evidence and with someone that is somewhat qualified. So far, everyone that is in disagreement with me simply says "he isn't a clone" or "he isn't based on Mewtwo" and etc. Why would I budge against opinions that are based on emotions and aren't really even thought out? Why would I bother budging if the person is to lazy to really go into detail about his opinion?

Secondly, what evidence? I've analyzed all of Lucario's moves. So has DarkDragoon and Dguy. We have 2 huge threads about it. As ex-Mewtwo players we can understand and see the similarities. Also, everyone in the Lucario section that HAVE PLAYED LUCARIO say he is like Mewtwo. What evidence is there to believe that Lucario wasn't made to replace Mewtwo?

There is a difference between being stubborn and calling BS on something. If you guys had a good argument I would listen to it. There have been A LOT of times where I would debate with someone and they would actually present a good argument and I then changed my views. If you guys made a case for this, I would listen, but so far you haven't.
It qualifies as an original character.
Who the hell is denying that he isn't an original character? This is the problem, you guys are assuming that just cause I point out he is similar it doesn't mean he is the same. Being based off of something doesn't make you unoriginal, and in fact almost everything that is original is based on something pre-existing.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mookie is just sad that there are no remnants of his precious Mewtwo in this game, lmfao.
That smarmy crap doesn't mean anything. You are trying to denounce my logic with a personal attack that is purely an assumption on your part. I don't care that Mewtwo isn't in this game, because I'm pumped about Lucario. I've made a thread about him if you haven't noticed. I've got a game plan worked out with him. I constantly check new vids to see what people have discovered.

You are simply trying to avoid the fact that you can't put up a debate with me on this. PLEASE! Provide me some counter evidence to what I have said. Try me. By evidence I mean real evidence that you have gotten from studying the relationships between Mewtwo and Lucario from the smash games. If you can, you might be able to make a point. So far you, and everyone who shares your simplistic view of Lucario, haven't actually gone into detail about why he isn't similar to Mewtwo.

Considering all of that, how can you begin to assume that I am wrong when I've had years of competitive play with Mewtwo under my belt, I've been keeping up and analyzing every Lucario vid on the net that comes my way, and I've talked to many people who have played Lucario?

I will be HAPPY to play you the day Brawl comes out. I'll show you the difference between having and not having experience with Mewtwo in melee.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
That smarmy crap doesn't mean anything. You are trying to denounce my logic with a personal attack that is purely an assumption on your part. I don't care that Mewtwo isn't in this game, because I'm pumped about Lucario. I've made a thread about him if you haven't noticed. I've got a game plan worked out with him. I constantly check new vids to see what people have discovered.

You are simply trying to avoid the fact that you can't put up a debate with me on this. PLEASE! Provide me some counter evidence to what I have said. Try me. By evidence I mean real evidence that you have gotten from studying the relationships between Mewtwo and Lucario from the smash games. If you can, you might be able to make a point. So far you, and everyone who shares your simplistic view of Lucario, haven't actually gone into detail about why he isn't similar to Mewtwo.

Considering all of that, how can you begin to assume that I am wrong when I've had years of competitive play with Mewtwo under my belt, I've been keeping up and analyzing every Lucario vid on the net that comes my way, and I've talked to many people who have played Lucario?

I will be HAPPY to play you the day Brawl comes out. I'll show you the difference between having and not having experience with Mewtwo in melee.

Whatever dude. I was never good at Melee, and quite frankly I don't care. I play the game for fun.

Also, why would I want to have experience with Mewtwo in Melee? I HATE Mewtwo, so what would be the point in using it? If I don't like a character, I'm not going to use them.

And hey, there are other floaty characters in Melee with similar attacks, Samus' charge beam being a prime example. Lucario was definitely not created with Mewtwo in mind.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Also, why would I want to have experience with Mewtwo in Melee? I HATE Mewtwo, so what would be the point in using it? If I don't like a character, I'm not going to use them.
The point is you can't say anything about the nuances of Mewtwo's moveset without having experience with Mewtwo. A lot of the characteristics that Mewtwo had that weren't obvious are shared by Lucario. Basically, you just told me that you don't know ANYTHING about Mewtwo, and that you are just talking out your ***.
And hey, there are other floaty characters in Melee with similar attacks, Samus' charge beam being a prime example. Lucario was definitely not created with Mewtwo in mind.
The only similarity with Mewtwo and Samus was her floatyness and her charged shot. But even the charge shot had very different properties, as it did not damage people while charging and it fired faster and without a wave like effect.

Your argument is that Lucario only has these things in common, which in fact there are tons more, but you are just too ignorant to realize them even though myself and others have outlined these things for you on multiple occasions.

You sir fail. You don't have any knowledge on Mewtwo so you can't even make an educated comparison. I'm going to completely disregard your posts in the matter as you have proven thoroughly that you don't know what you are talking about AND you refuse to even listen to myself or others who obviously know more about this than you do.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Do you just sit here all day and write essays or something? If I were you, I'd go do something more productive.
Considering your speedy responses you have just as much free time, you just don't actually think before typing.

I'm a junior graphic designer/illustrator. I spend a lot of time working on projects and I often go to the boards as a break from the tedium. I also enjoy debating, which is a nifty thing to be good at.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Wow, if I was a mod, I would have just muted Eisenherz by now, he's just being an *** really. And yeah, Lucario was based off of Mewtwo, I had a fairly decent Mewtwo in Melee, and it's really easy to see the similarities.

Oh, and Eisenherz is a moron.

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
You know this is really getting us nowhere, just debating on whether or not hes a clone (which at this point I think we've already established hes not just based off of him).

So since Mookierah said he is willing to compromise, lets try to compromise. Lucario is neither a clone nor a completely original character. Hes a semi-clone, the equivalent of wolf to fox if you like that better

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is neither a clone nor a completely original character. Hes a semi-clone, the equivalent of wolf to fox if you like that better
Or like Ganondorf to Captain Falcon--changed just enough to be obviously based off of the other character, but just enough to be a completely original character.

I agree wholeheartedly.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> So why is this topic continually pushing my Brilliant and Awesome FAQ/Guide down the topic list?
This topic needs a lock.
Its clear that this topic is pretty much the spark of separation between competitives and casuals all over again, just a little more specific.

At first, we ALL thought Lucario would play much different. Then we got some footage.

Casuals(At least those who didn't play Mewtwo) said "Wow, he is awesome! Martial Arts! Kicking! Punching! Mewtwo never did that! No way! Can't be similar!"

Competitives(Mostly those who played as Mewtwo) said "Well, he does seem a bit different, but I can see in some ways how Mewtwo's playstyle CLEARLY carries over."

Then, as more footage and info was released, like hitboxes, Aerials, Tilts, what have you, competitives, or at least Mookie, DGuy, myself, and several others who can see it, began to say, "Well then, looks like Mewtwo's not as gone as we thought he would have been. Now everything just fits in better, and is a much better character overall."

This is not about "Missing Mewtwo" or "Whining over Lucario being a clone/nonclone/replica". This is hard facts people. Pure numbers. Its all there. In my FAQ/Guide, you see me refer to Mewtwo over and over to get an idea of what an attack/combo/feel is like.

As for that awkward Samus/Chargeshot/Float defense....
No. Just no. Samus may have similar fall speed, but it stops there. Her charge shot can NOT be done in midair, can NOT damage during charge, and can NOT move at different speeds/grow depending on how much % of Damage Lucario has taken.

The more I/Mookie/Buzz/Others uncover about Lucario, the more similar they seem. Its an uphill battle for those who are going to habitually deny it, and you will lose.

Honestly, SWF should be a place for answers, not random opinions on what various people feel about something they either know little or everything about.

Now I have to track down a mod to come and lock 'er up.
-DD

Sariku

Smash Master
>.> So why is this topic continually pushing my Brilliant and Awesome FAQ/Guide down the topic list?
This topic needs a lock.
Its clear that this topic is pretty much the spark of separation between competitives and casuals all over again, just a little more specific.

At first, we ALL thought Lucario would play much different. Then we got some footage.

Casuals(At least those who didn't play Mewtwo) said "Wow, he is awesome! Martial Arts! Kicking! Punching! Mewtwo never did that! No way! Can't be similar!"

Competitives(Mostly those who played as Mewtwo) said "Well, he does seem a bit different, but I can see in some ways how Mewtwo's playstyle CLEARLY carries over."

Then, as more footage and info was released, like hitboxes, Aerials, Tilts, what have you, competitives, or at least Mookie, DGuy, myself, and several others who can see it, began to say, "Well then, looks like Mewtwo's not as gone as we thought he would have been. Now everything just fits in better, and is a much better character overall."

This is not about "Missing Mewtwo" or "Whining over Lucario being a clone/nonclone/replica". This is hard facts people. Pure numbers. Its all there. In my FAQ/Guide, you see me refer to Mewtwo over and over to get an idea of what an attack/combo/feel is like.

As for that awkward Samus/Chargeshot/Float defense....
No. Just no. Samus may have similar fall speed, but it stops there. Her charge shot can NOT be done in midair, can NOT damage during charge, and can NOT move at different speeds/grow depending on how much % of Damage Lucario has taken.

The more I/Mookie/Buzz/Others uncover about Lucario, the more similar they seem. Its an uphill battle for those who are going to habitually deny it, and you will lose.

Honestly, SWF should be a place for answers, not random opinions on what various people feel about something they either know little or everything about.

Now I have to track down a mod to come and lock 'er up.
-DD
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a joke thread thank you. And you are clearly breaking the rules of joke threads by posting serious discussion. I would like to ask you to leave this thread as you are clearly breaking the rules of freedom of speach.

You are ALSO violating the rule of no advertising, yet you post in here only to advertise for your thread. If I had my way, you would have infractions.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.O Hardly advertising my thread, more like citing it.
>.> I just didn't see the point of a 6 page joke topic that spawned/perpetuated an argument.
=( Mookie can make serious posts, so why can't I?
-DD

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Getting this thread back on topic...

Lucario is not a clone of Mewtwo; Lucario is Mewtwo's spiritual successor.
Let's define spiritual successor before we all decide to wage war over it.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that Mewtwo and Lucario have nothing in common. This is obvious. Thus being a successor of the Mewtwo spirit.

Now, this being said, Lucario is not a clone. A clone means the same character, with very minor/slight adjustments. Let's look at Mario/Dr. Mario from Melee. I swear, most don't even know the difference other than "d00d, hes got pillz. mario gots phire." THAT is a clone.

Then there's Gdorf and Falcon. They're totally different stats, but the same B moves. A lot of the same animations for other moves. Similar body shape/build. Lots of similarities, though still obviously different. These can also count as clones.

Lucario shares a few animations, and a tad bit of style. He's still different enough to not be considered a clone, but not different enough to be his own character. THUS, he shall be a spiritual successor.

... At least... that's what I think. But I still haven't played the game, so I'm no authority.

However, this is what was intended by "spiritual successor." I think we can all agree on it, and discuss it further without making this a "lol, i miss mootoo. yd they take himm owt.?" or "n00bs. lucariotwo."

Top Bottom