• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
@Rel: Do you have a ride?

@Dakpo: Brilliant! I loved the first and second seasons, but I never saw the movies ~fail! But all we need now is a consensus on a top 10 list for the 806. Who's gonna calculate the points? And we will use DMT results only right?

Magnuslee

Smash Rookie
1. Dakota (Dakpo)
2. Kyle (69DUDE)
3. Kevin (Bad Karma)
4. Dan (SolCal)
Would you agree this far Dakota? I'm not saying this is what it has to be, just a guess at what it might be for the top 4. I would also say phil, nolan, and ginko should be in their as well, but I'm not sure where I'd place them. Tyson would go above me in 2nd if he was still playing.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
why is Dan that high? And i dont mean this in any bad way (if he is reading this) last time i played him it was 3 stock. I kinda feel as though mugen would be 4th if he would play but as for active smashers... My respects go to nolan. although bobby is close.

Magnuslee

Smash Rookie
It's because time and time again he has proven himself to be a good smasher. He might not know the match-up against zss, and he might not be very patient, but I will say he is Lubbocks #2, right under me.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dan can beat players 5-10 as I listed pretty well but has a lot of trouble with the top two. I'd put him no lower than 6th but no higher than 4th

Magnuslee

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'd be willing to say Kevin's IC's are better as well. You gotta think less of how well you do against them and how well they do as a whole. I guess I haven't played enough with Mugen to see why he would be so good, but I would be willing to bet Dan could beat him.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Yea there is no way he could beat Ginko. Bad karma cant even beat ginko. lol he also lost to Janeb's Mk >_> but w/e maybe its just been so long since i have seen him play. I'm interested to see how he would do against current Amarillo players. Thats why i say we should keep the drama lama out of this PR and just go by points from DMTs... we need to ask Zac and Xyro how to use that program

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i asked Xyro about it and he said "when zac gives me the user friendly version of it, I will send it to you."
Also i think Zac is officially quitting brawl :( so Xyro is taking over the PR stuff. I have brackets for DMT 1,2 and 4. All i need is 3

Magnuslee

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess we can both agree to 1-3 or 1-4 (if we include Tyson).
We need to keep up the hype on the team battles though. I guess we can do match-ups for bracket sake. Ginko vs. Dan for 4th spot and Dan vs. Mugen

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Yes i will have a ride to the next DMT, & WHOBO 3 hopefully if Van Jones takes me, maybe i can catch a ride with one of you guys in Lubbock?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol i dont think anyone from here is driving to Whobo 3. If your going though, you should split the hotel room with us! You would make the 5th person and make it even cheaper. The hotel is sooooo nice.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dakpo, thanks for housing lubbock man, it was fun hanging at your place. The Fat Cat was probably the best seafood I have had in a long time. Lubbock <3 Amarillo ;)

Oh Snap in summary was great, too much talent for me though. I got ***** in pools and in bracket but it was awesome watching top players from different states, Mk is gay btw, so is ZSS..

Ok, as for DMT: It's lubbock's turn to host it. Saturday Feb 19th is my target date, what does everyone else think?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
BTW alejandro.... My mom just chewed me out for 30 min because you didnt open the garage when you started the car. There was a strong gas smell around my house for most of the day. Least to say, it could have been very dangerous. Please never do that! always open a garage before you start a car. <--- pro tip

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
BTW alejandro.... My mom just chewed me out for 30 min because you didnt open the garage when you started the car. There was a strong gas smell around my house for most of the day. Least to say, it could have been very dangerous. Please never do that! always open a garage before you start a car. <--- pro tip
:urg: That was very selfish and stupid of me. I am very sorry Dakota, I should of pushed the car out first before I tried starting it again, I was just really worried that it wasn't turning on. I really should apologize to your mom myself about that b/c she knows that I'm driving for Whobo and all that. Please forgive me.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I can work on that now. I guess February 19th is the official date and at the same venue as before. I'll make a thread here and on fb.

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
:urg: That was very selfish and stupid of me. I am very sorry Dakota, I should of pushed the car out first before I tried starting it again, I was just really worried that it wasn't turning on. I really should apologize to your mom myself about that b/c she knows that I'm driving for Whobo and all that. Please forgive me.
Your punishment is to whip yourself 15 times with a gamecube controller cord.

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
1. Dakota (Dakpo)
2. Kyle (69DUDE)
3. Kevin (Bad Karma)
4. Dan (SolCal)
I think you're being partial here, Kyle.
Edit: Where does magnuslee come from?

why is Dan that high? And i dont mean this in any bad way (if he is reading this) last time i played him it was 3 stock. I kinda feel as though mugen would be 4th if he would play but as for active smashers... My respects go to nolan. although bobby is close.

I am confident that Nolan, Ginko, Bobby, and I could beat Dan and Mugen now. The real question is between us four.

This will be settled at the next DMT!

Another edit: Placement at DMT doesn't work either, because of out-of-region players that come. For example, Dakota plays m2k first, then Ally in losers and Alex plays against scrubs through most of the tournament. Should Dakota be deducted when Alex gets rewarded?

This is coming from my view of the ranking system, so could someone explain it to me?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Your punishment is to whip yourself 15 times with a gamecube controller cord.
I feel that way, I hope I die in a gas chamber. I'll never get this off my chest.. :(

As far as the PR, DMT's should give a certain amount of points for placing 1st, 2nd,..etc. After the points for each player have been calculated, we put them in order. If the person with the most points gets beaten by the person with the second most points in a DMT, then #1 falls a certain amount on the PR, and so forth. I'm not sure, is that the way we are doing it?

BooM TX

Smash Rookie
I think we should do a stock taken to stock lost ratio.

In order for this to work, we would have to hand out sheets with boxes for: 10 sets (3 boxes for each set), loser's, winner's, and grand finals, to 806 players, and they would be responsible for keeping track of the stock count for every game in their sets. Let's give it a try.

BooM
Set 1:
game 1: 3-2
game 2: 2-3
game 3: 3-2
Set 2:
game 2: 3-2

Set 3:
game 1: 2-3
game 2: 3-1
game 3: 2-3
Loser's Finals:
game 4: 2-3
game 5: 2-3
****, I'm out. Damn MK, John-John-John.

I wonder how the champion did?
Dakpo
Set 1:
game 1: 3-0
game 2: 3-0
(lol owned)
Set 2:
game 1: 3-1
game 2: 2-3
game 3: 3-2
Set 3:
game 2: 3-1
Winner's Finals:
game 1: 3-1
game 4: 3-1
Grand Finals:
game 4: 3-1
game 5: 3-2
Alright Dakota, you cheating *****, you won :). Now, let's look at our ratios!

Boom: 1.06452
Dakpo: 1.62963

Kinda nice, huh?

Nolan couldn't keep his mind off the girl at the counter at the venue, let's see how he did:

Set 1:
Set 2:
Set 3:
game 2: 1-3

???: 0.94118

We could also dock 0.05 for a tournament missed.

Lemme know what you think!

SuperKing???

Smash Rookie
Hey guys its me Nolan.. if you couldnt tell by the ???, so i finally registered so whats going down?:awesome:

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
I think you're being partial here, Kyle.
Edit: Where does magnuslee come from?

I am confident that Nolan, Ginko, Bobby, and I could beat Dan and Mugen now. The real question is between us four.

This will be settled at the next DMT!

Another edit: Placement at DMT doesn't work either, because of out-of-region players that come. For example, Dakota plays m2k first, then Ally in losers and Alex plays against scrubs through most of the tournament. Should Dakota be deducted when Alex gets rewarded?

This is coming from my view of the ranking system, so could someone explain it to me?
Im digging Everything you said my good friend. Also I've never lost to Dan. Im so hyped for the next dmt! I really feel like the 806 regions power level is over NINE THOUSAND!

Also Phils idea for rankings with the stocks taken/lost ratios sounds very legit.

NOLANN!!!!!! FINALLY YOU ARE HERE WITH US!!!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey guys its me Nolan.. if you couldnt tell by the ???, so i finally registered so whats going down?:awesome:
We're discussing ways to make a Power Ranking for the lubbock and amarillo smashers. So far Phil's idea is pretty good, but it may be too complicated b/c we don't have the stats for previous tournaments, especially stocks taken & lost.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
uhg PR is sooo difficult to set up... maybe we could do Megaman Villains theme :))) thats my idea anyways. Way to go phil, cool looking system! have fun working on the for hours on end :/
I dunno.... i really just wanna use PR program the zac uses for the Texas PR...
If you guys wanted to get the ball rolling and start getting people hyped for the data correct one, then i can make my opinion of the current top 10 (if you guys don't have any objections).
NOTE: that is would be completely temporary, and just till we can agree on a point system

Top Bottom